The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #826
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

I have a feeling it WILL be Jor-El's suit Kal-El is wearing.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #827
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

I'm not sure if it will be exactly the same as Jor-El's suit since Jor-El wore blue boots. I'm still excited to see how they put the suit on.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #828
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I have a feeling it WILL be Jor-El's suit Kal-El is wearing.
That's an interesting idea. Only problem is that Jor-El clearly would've stretched that **** out.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #829
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindreaper21 View Post
I'm not sure if it will be exactly the same as Jor-El's suit since Jor-El wore blue boots. I'm still excited to see how they put the suit on.
Right. There goes that theory I guess. Damn, I thought it would've been a good addition.

Krumm, but it's nano-tech. One size fits all, man...

Old 01-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #830
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right. There goes that theory I guess. Damn, I thought it would've been a good addition.
It's not all bad. The suit could be passed down from Jor-El's father. Maybe, there's another origin of the suit with a special meaning. Though, I'm just throwing around ideas.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #831
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindreaper21 View Post
It's not all bad. The suit could be passed down from Jor-El's father. Maybe, there's another origin of the suit with a special meaning. Though, I'm just throwing around ideas.
I'm sure we'll get some backinfo on the suits. Maybe Kal-El's suit is a new prototype or Jor-El's last battle-wear. I'm sure it'll have been passed on somehow.

Also, since Zod's suit is similar in design, it's possible he may have stolen it and modified it. Or maybe it's just typical Kryptonian formal outfit.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #832
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

Krumm, but it's nano-tech. One size fits all, man...
Damn, you got me there.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #833
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

I found the video with the Routh and Cavill and Green Lantern concept art!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUN4ucX9wNo

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #834
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
I found the video with the Routh and Cavill and Green Lantern concept art!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUN4ucX9wNo
I didn't see Routh or Cavill anywhere in that video. However, I did see James Franco. At least that's who it looked like to me.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #835
Super Kal
Side-Kick

here's my try at redesigning the suit with the trunks adding... i gotta admit, i do like it. granted, it's not an exact replica of the "traditional" suit, but it still has the classic elements needed to give the impression of the traditional suit. i will probably tackle the smaller picture of this particular statue at a later time

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #836
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
here's my try at redesigning the suit with the trunks adding... i gotta admit, i do like it. granted, it's not an exact replica of the "traditional" suit, but it still has the classic elements needed to give the impression of the traditional suit. i will probably tackle the smaller picture of this particular statue at a later time

Very nice, I love what you did with the belt.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #837
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I didn't see Routh or Cavill anywhere in that video. However, I did see James Franco. At least that's who it looked like to me.

That looks like Franco to me too although maybe angry Routh?

I thought I saw James Marsden as well.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #838
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:

That's awesome! The trunks look better here than they ever had before. And I can't lie, I do prefer the color pallet you used here to the one we are getting in the movie, although in the end the color pallet they're using in MOS is still good too and will look probably look good for the tone of film they're trying to do. But those vibrant colors you used look phenomenal!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #839
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

That actually is a good approach. nice.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #840
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I usually don't like when manips try to add the trunks on the MOS suit but this actually looks good, probably one of the best attempts I've seen.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #841
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post

That sort of looks like the "announcement" image of Routh when he was first cast.

Here's Henry:

Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #842
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

This suit looks better without the trunks in my view, but good manip.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #843
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
This suit looks better without the trunks in my view, but good manip.
I agree! I am extremely pleased with what we got for the movie, but that manip is very well done.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #844
\S/
The Real Steel Deal

I know it's not popular to say around here, but I think the MOS suit is too busy in the waist area in an attempt to replace the trunks.

What was needed was something like this:

Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #845
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/ View Post
I know it's not popular to say around here, but I think the MOS suit is too busy in the waist area in an attempt to replace the trunks.

What was needed was something like this:

I like what we are getting for MOS better than this.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #846
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

For me, the stacking of the yellow bands creates this upward slope to the "buckle," which give the impression that Superman has a melvin.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #847
\S/
The Real Steel Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I like what we are getting for MOS better than this.
I don't have the capabilities or talent to manip the actual movie suit. What I was trying to show here is the presence of red on the sides of the torso and hips and a yellow "buckle."

The problem of the trunk-less look is not so much the front of the suit, but the sides. I've noticed this the more I read the new 52 stuff. The blue has to be broken up on the sides so that it looks good from all angles. Trunks aren't necessary to do this, but since they achieve that goal and were a feature known to a late-'30s audience, they made sense.

My point is that you don't need to trunks to break up the blue; you need some sort of red design that is NOT just a thin red strip like the New 52 suit. It needs to be thicker and extend further down to the upper thighs.

If someone would like to do this for me to the actual MOS suit, that would be great.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #848
elgaz
Side-Kick

Some of the manips above are great, but sometimes I feel that trying to add a red area to the crotch in the shape of traditional trunks (or Y-fronts ) looks too forced when applied to the new MOS suit, as the rest of it is so alien.

I've added a red area here around the crotch, but tried to ignore the traditional Y-Front style and kept it more organic in line with the flow of the suit. Not sure if it works or not?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #849
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

That's actually not bad.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #850
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
Some of the manips above are great, but sometimes I feel that trying to add a red area to the crotch in the shape of traditional trunks (or Y-fronts ) looks too forced when applied to the new MOS suit, as the rest of it is so alien.

I've added a red area here around the crotch, but tried to ignore the traditional Y-Front style and kept it more organic in line with the flow of the suit. Not sure if it works or not?

Interesting but...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Closed Thread