The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #876
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

So that would match with the phrase that Shannon used in an interview a long time ago

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Zod is a badass mofo

Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #877
sup101
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
Another user published some "Krypton spoilers", but this does seems completely fake

The movie starts with a battle on Krypton between Krypton’s armed forces and soldiers loyal to Zod.

Zod is holding members of the Science Council hostage, ordering them to find proof of Krypton’s impending doom.

Jor-El, a member of the Science Council that wasn’t captured tells the leader of the armed forces that he will attempt to talk to Zod.

Jor-El and Zod talk in private, but it becomes clear that Zod won’t listen to reason, so he and Jor-el begin to fight.

Jor-El is hopelessly outmatched but he keeps Zod busy long enough for the armed forces to enter the building and take capture Zod’s crew and then Zod. Faora, Zod’s second in command escapes.

Zod pleads with Jor-El to find proof that Krypton is in danger which he later does. He tells the leaders of Krypton that the Coluan did something to Krypton’s core and that the planet has to be evacuated.

The Council dismiss him and sentence Zod to imprisonment in the Black Zone. They warn Jor-El not to do anything rash, as civilian space travel is banned on Krypton.

Jor-El doesn’t listen and begins making a spaceship in secret. It is completed on the day that Zod is to be imprisoned in the Black Zone.

Faora stages a prison break and stages an escape with Zod and his military group, Black Zero. Their plan is to get on the Black Zero spaceship and leave Krypton. Only Zod and Faora make it to the ship alive.

Just before the ship leaves Krypton, the leaders order that Zod is stopped at any cost and the whole ship is sent to the Black Zone.

While this is happening, Jor-El and Lara say goodbye to Kal-El. They don’t know where he’ll end up or if he’ll even survive but they have no other choice.

The leaders learn what Jor-El has done and order a public hearing with him at once while Lara is placed under house arrest.

Because Zod was not given a public imprisonment, the leaders decide to punish Jor-El in public to make an example out of him.

During his hearing Jor-El lashes out at the leaders, claiming that their arrogance has doomed Krypton.

Before he can be silenced tremors start to occur and everyone begins panicking, but the leaders are adamant that it’s just a ploy by Jor-El and Zod.

They give out orders that no one is allowed to board any vessels and that any attempt to do so will be met by lethal force, but the tremors get worse and people start trying to escape.

Eradicator droids begin gunning down anyone attempting to escape. In all the chaos and confusion Jor-EL manages to send one scout ship to follow his son with just one message.

When the leaders realize that they were wrong, they try to shut down Eradicator droids but they don’t obey. Instead they go on a rampage.

The droids enter Jor-El’s home and kills the Kryptonian officer that was with Lara.

Jor-El tries to reach Lara before Krypton is completely gone but the planet explodes just before he reaches her and before the droid can kill her.

Jor-El and Lara die separately.
This do not sound fake.It don't contradict any of the other information.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #878
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Guys,can you PLEASE not accidentally post any of the spoiler rumor stuff,I'm reading posts through my fingers at the moment!

What if someone accidentally posts something in a week or so forgetting that it was spoiler info!!

Aaahh,cant take it..I'm out of here

Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #879
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Another user published some "Krypton spoilers", but this does seems completely fake

The movie starts with a battle on Krypton between Kryptonís armed forces and soldiers loyal to Zod.

Zod is holding members of the Science Council hostage, ordering them to find proof of Kryptonís impending doom.

Jor-El, a member of the Science Council that wasnít captured tells the leader of the armed forces that he will attempt to talk to Zod.

Jor-El and Zod talk in private, but it becomes clear that Zod wonít listen to reason, so he and Jor-el begin to fight.

Jor-El is hopelessly outmatched but he keeps Zod busy long enough for the armed forces to enter the building and take capture Zodís crew and then Zod. Faora, Zodís second in command escapes.

Zod pleads with Jor-El to find proof that Krypton is in danger which he later does. He tells the leaders of Krypton that the Coluan did something to Kryptonís core and that the planet has to be evacuated.

The Council dismiss him and sentence Zod to imprisonment in the Black Zone. They warn Jor-El not to do anything rash, as civilian space travel is banned on Krypton.

Jor-El doesnít listen and begins making a spaceship in secret. It is completed on the day that Zod is to be imprisoned in the Black Zone.

Faora stages a prison break and stages an escape with Zod and his military group, Black Zero. Their plan is to get on the Black Zero spaceship and leave Krypton. Only Zod and Faora make it to the ship alive.

Just before the ship leaves Krypton, the leaders order that Zod is stopped at any cost and the whole ship is sent to the Black Zone.

While this is happening, Jor-El and Lara say goodbye to Kal-El. They donít know where heíll end up or if heíll even survive but they have no other choice.

The leaders learn what Jor-El has done and order a public hearing with him at once while Lara is placed under house arrest.

Because Zod was not given a public imprisonment, the leaders decide to punish Jor-El in public to make an example out of him.

During his hearing Jor-El lashes out at the leaders, claiming that their arrogance has doomed Krypton.

Before he can be silenced tremors start to occur and everyone begins panicking, but the leaders are adamant that itís just a ploy by Jor-El and Zod.

They give out orders that no one is allowed to board any vessels and that any attempt to do so will be met by lethal force, but the tremors get worse and people start trying to escape.

Eradicator droids begin gunning down anyone attempting to escape. In all the chaos and confusion Jor-EL manages to send one scout ship to follow his son with just one message.

When the leaders realize that they were wrong, they try to shut down Eradicator droids but they donít obey. Instead they go on a rampage.

The droids enter Jor-Elís home and kills the Kryptonian officer that was with Lara.

Jor-El tries to reach Lara before Krypton is completely gone but the planet explodes just before he reaches her and before the droid can kill her.

Jor-El and Lara die separately.
Whoa. Real or not, me likey. Sounds like a very exciting rendition of the end of Krypton.

Lara & Jor-El being separated would explain why Lara is alone at that window watching the planet explode, as seen in the trailer.

I really like the aspect of Zod being the initial motivation to investigate the stability of the planet's core.

Jor-El & Lara dying separately... heartbreaker. But good. This part of the origin story should always be tragic, and we've already seen plenty of versions where they spend their last moments locked in embrace.

The Coluan... Nice way to mention Brainiac without having to say the silly name. I wonder how much backstory exposition will be dedicated to that bit.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #880
Figs
Side-Kick

Thanks for the PMs everyone but...

Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #881
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I'm not going to call it fake just yet but these three things really make me nervous

Later in the film after Clark opens up the fortress he talks with another hologram of jor-el and discovers the suit and how it works and the source of his powers on earth.

A scientific explanation is given for all supermans powers and it grounds this movie and makes it feel even more real, or as real as a movie about a super powered alien can be.

lastly the suit will be nano tech like the new 52 comics

It could be very little things but at this point reading it is quite different than seeing it with my own eyes. But everything else sounds really exciting!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #882
batman44
Go Speed GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I'm not going to call it fake just yet but these three things really make me nervous

Later in the film after Clark opens up the fortress he talks with another hologram of jor-el and discovers the suit and how it works and the source of his powers on earth.

A scientific explanation is given for all supermans powers and it grounds this movie and makes it feel even more real, or as real as a movie about a super powered alien can be.

lastly the suit will be nano tech like the new 52 comics

It could be very little things but at this point reading it is quite different than seeing it with my own eyes. But everything else sounds really exciting!
I think the "how he suit works" and nano are probably the same thing.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #883
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I really really wish I hadn't seen the trailer description. When I first read it, I actually thought it sounded okay and pretty plausible, and I liked the Martha/Clark exchange immediately... but then I got caught up in the whole 'there's no way they would not show krypton, there's no way they would have no real action scenes etc etc' and started treating it as false and getting my hopes up for some other ideal version of a first trailer.

So yeah, I have to admit, the second the trailer started I got a sense of anti climax. It's only on repeat viewings that I started to realise what an incredible trailer it actually is... and that's only because of mass fan pre conceptions.

I definitely want to avoid anything like that happening again, so yeah i'll be avoiding all 'descriptions', fake or not, of any trailers or scenes from the movie.

I think you're taking the right approach, and i'm gonna try and do the same from now on. Just dipping your feet into the water, not taking a swim in the ocean and getting lost at sea
LOL What perfect timing. I see all these spoiler tags all over this forum. Don't swim Hope! Don't Swim! hahaha

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #884
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

in regards to the suit

as long as it doesn't actually give him the powers, then I'm fine with it being a "nanotech" suit. from the beginning, I've said the suit looks very alien and "organic" like, like it could wrap itself around Clark's body and conform to his shape. the 52 comic armor functions similarly.

if the suit just does that, I'd be fine with it. if the suit helps Clark absorb yellow sunlight to amplify his powers, I'd be fine with that, too......to a certain extent.

Superman is not Iron Man or Batman. his gadgets and tech don't give him his powers. his powers are biological.

and speaking of powers, if they are going to give scientific explanations for his powers, then some kind of "anti-gravitational field" or Superboy style tactile telekinesis would work.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 01-17-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #885
Marvin
Side-Kick

Not reading.
But I have a feeling it's all good.
Snyder/Goyer team up is all I need to know ahead of time.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #886
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm positive that

The nanotechnology will be explained as why he's able to hide the suit under clothing

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #887
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Yes but the best scene is when

Nothing.. This is just to grow up the curiosity of the ones that don't want to be spoiled

Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #888
lixdexia
Blood Angels

gah...i hate when threads devolve into this.

"YOU CAN'T POST SPOILERS HERE, THIS IS THE SPOILERS SECTION! WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!?!"

dictated, not read.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #889
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I really hope all this stuff is true. It makes me even more excited than i already am.

Last edited by ConnorKon-El; 01-17-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #890
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post

"YOU CAN'T POST SPOILERS HERE, THIS IS THE SPOILERS SECTION! WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!?!"
Exactly, this is the spoiler section, there is other Man of Steel NON-SPOILER thread!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #891
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:

C. Lee said to put the stuff in spoiler tags. I think its only fair. There are different levels of being spoiled... some people come to the spoiler section to discuss set pics and stuff but don't want the whole plot ruined. People like me.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #892
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

This is either real or done by someone that's following the movie pretty closely. Everything fits very well with what we know and suspect so far. None of it seems to be made up whole cloth or far-fetched.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #893
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
C. Lee said to put the stuff in spoiler tags. I think its only fair. There are different levels of being spoiled... some people come to the spoiler section to discuss set pics and stuff but don't want the whole plot ruined. People like me.
well then by all means, lets everyone walk on eggshells for your convenience...

dictated, not read.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #894
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Agreed. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #895
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
It worked the same way in the batforums whenever major spoilers were released. I don't think this is particularly new thing on SHH, kinda common practice in my experience.

I think it is just considerate internet etiquette to spoiler tag major spoilers, but maybe that is just me.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #896
Liam_H
Side-Kick

This type of system has always been in place on the hype.

Spill

Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #897
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Spoiler Tags

OR

Blackout

Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #898
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
This do not sound fake.It don't contradict any of the other information.
Actually it did contradict the other user's info on one part:

The other user claimed that Zod killed Jor-El, and Jor-El didn't die in the planet's destruction.

Other than that contradiction, it all sounds very plausible. And pretty fantastic. BUT that's a pretty big contradiction, which gives me pause.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #899
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Dark Knight was Batman's movie, but Heath Ledger's great starring almost stole the limelight of Batman. I think that's what he means
Not the case in Batman Begins though which is a more apt comparison. Clark should have an overwhelming screentime in his origin story.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #900
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Actually it did contradict the other user's info on one part:

The other user claimed that Zod killed Jor-El, and Jor-El didn't die in the planet's destruction.

Other than that contradiction, it all sounds very plausible. And pretty fantastic. BUT that's a pretty big contradiction, which gives me pause.
It never mention directly how he died.

Last edited by sup101; 01-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Closed Thread