Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #976
GammaAzazel
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I really think Kirkman/Negan are leading the reader/Rick on to think it's worse than it is. I'm betting he hasn't done anything physically damaging to Carl.
Or maybe that's what he wants you to think! Lmao, I have no idea what to guess about this situation. I find me telling myself that nothing happened to Carl because I don't WANT anything to happen to Carl but I do think SOMETHING SHOULD happen to him. Even though he's been through so much. I really can't imagine what they would do.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #977
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I really think Kirkman/Negan are leading the reader/Rick on to think it's worse than it is. I'm betting he hasn't done anything physically damaging to Carl.
*Cue next issue, where Carl, now missing all his limbs, is wheeled in on a skateboard*

Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #978
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Wait, why did I do the awesome face? That's horrible... has TWD turned me into a psychopath?

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #979
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

No, I think Carl's just that much of a dick at this point. I can't stand that kid, but I still don't want to see anything too bad happen to him because of what it would do to Rick. Plus I still have some sympathy for him because I understand why he is the way he is. But still... total bastard, that boy.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #980
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I don't think he's that bad...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #981
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

He's a total jerk. His utter contempt for Rick is sickening given the amount of terrible s*** Rick's done to protect his scrawny ass. And I don't even like Rick that much at this point.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #982
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I'd be fine if both were dead and we focus on Abra- oh, oh yeah.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #983
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Seriously, nobody's all that likable in the cast now.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #984
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Seriously, nobody's all that likable in the cast now.
Shut up! Andrea is likable. So if Michonne. I'm still also behind Rick "Mother ****ing" Grimes, and Jesus is pretty damn cool. Your whore mouth should be shut!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #985
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Jesus is likable, but I ain't buying no book focused on him. Andrea is tolerable. Michonne has become forgettable since 20 issues ago. She's barely a tertiary at this point.

And **** Rick "Stumpy" Grimes! **** him!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #986
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

The problem I have with comics Rick is that he seems to be in a constant state of flux between the "Aw shucks!" Mayberry PD guy and the total hardass.

People may have their issues with the TV series, but I kind of vastly prefer TV Rick to comics Rick. At least Lincoln has moved completely over to one side of the Aw-Shucks/Badass spectrum.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #987
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

TV Rick is so much more entertaining than "Well, that's not what I plan but that's a good idea" Rick. Something I noticed when reading the comics, he says something like that a lot. At least it felt that way when reading the first 6 HCs. I fast realized I was reading the books for everyone else but Rick.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #988
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Oh yeah. I've got both compendiums. There's a ****load of that.

I love the comics, but I really don't think Kirkman's all that great at dialogue.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #989
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

He really isn't. So many people sound the same.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #990
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Yeah, it's either Mayberry-speak between the heroes or just a ****load of swearing.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #991
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Not nearly enough unique sounding voices in the book. They are definitely more separated in the show. Thankfully.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #992
Kiltak

I started with TV series and loved it so much that I started reading comics (which I am now caught up with) and now I find I'm rather disappointed in the TV series.

I love the Governor in comics but they did a bad job with Governor in the show. The guy they got to play the Governor would made a better Negan then the Governor.

Also they missed out on some really iconic moments in the comic. Like when Michonne was in arena and she hit the guy in stomach and then took off his head in one swift blow. It was great. Its moments like that they should have had in the show.

The show still good just no where near as good as the comic.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #993
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Morissey is great as the Governor. And he was cast months before Negan was even introduced, but I don't see Morissey as Negan at all.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #994
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Yeah, The TV Governor isn't Negan AT ALL.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #995
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I still want Danny Trejo as the Governor. Then again, I want Trejo in everything I watch at some point.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #996
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Now Trejo would make a f***ing awesome Negan. Loud, crass, and obnoxious yet subtly terrifying all at the same time? Trejo's got that down.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 AM   #997
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

He also seems like a guy who would put a hot iron to the side of your head for ****ing with his women.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #998
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
(e) Nothing. Negan is just messing with Rick and has a laugh when he gives Carl back, psychologically harmed, but not physically.
Ah, I called it. As far as cop-outs go, this one was a pretty bad one. "The thing I did was... Nothing!"

C'mon Kirkman. Either follow through on the tease or don't tease.

Anyway, very ho-hum talky-talky issue. Nothing really grabbed me except Rick becoming even more like the "walking dead" when he sinks his teeth into Negan's arm. Hope things pick up soon.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #999
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Only thing I really found interesting was them being able to create bullets. I'm expecting someone to shoot themselves now.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #1000
Zing79
Side-Kick

Having just read #100 I can finally put this series to bed. Kirkman has officially shown he's from the same lazy writing school of thought as GRR Martin (Game of Thrones). There's a concept known as The Law of Instrument. It is an over-reliance on a familiar tool and is quoted as such; "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail." - Abraham Maslow

That's Kirkman and Martin.

Writers who can't write rely on crutches to create tension, and some know how to play off of those crutches to accomplish the same while truly raising the craft. Kirkland is the former. He's done it enough in this series for me to tell he'll do it over and over. Glenn didn't need to die to build up Negan. Kirkman just doesn't know how to write. Period.

I rode the GRR Martin train too long before I realized what kind of writer he was. Kirkman wants to go 300 issues - I'm not following this ride for 200 more just to feel as pissed as I did at GoT.

Closed Thread