The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #951
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I guess he didn't have time to pack the rest of the costume so poor Kal-el figured "I guess they didn't wear anything on top of it." *puts on suit* Earthlings ask "Who is the guy in the underwear?" and Kal-el thinks "I'm proud to carry on my heritage. At least the Kryptonians would get me." Kryptonians visit earth, point/laugh "He is wearing his underwear!"

Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #952
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Morgan Freeman: "I can't believe you are from another planet." Superman: "Where are you from?" Morgan: "Me? I'm Irish." Superman *scratches head*/end Shawshank reference

Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #953
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
As for those spoilers, I was checking out imdb just now and one guy apparently discovered a big hole in some of the stuff that person posted. I'll just copy paste the guys post on why apparently the person posting this is a phony - minor spoilers of course:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
In his first topic where he was answering questions, someone asked him if Zod does anything to the Kent farm or if Ma Kent get's hurt (as we see space ships arriving at the farm). He said no, Zod only comes to talk (LOL!!!), nothing happens to the farm or Martha.

Well, that is completely untrue. I won't bother posting pics, but google man of steel kent farm and search. The Kent farm DOES get smashed up. Superman is also on the set so no it doesn't happen before that. Shannon in his full CGI outfit is also on the farm. There is also a photo of Diane Lane as Ma Kent sitting on the porch supporting her hand which WAS hurt. There were also set reports from the day when pics arrived that they filmed Zod attacking the Kent farm.

I called the dude out on it and not shortly after, what does he do? He deletes all his post and proclaims he'll only send info to Captain Gullible, I mean, DoctorModern. Obviously he was unaware or forgot about those set photos.

Anyway, not that there isn't a slew of other garbage in there, such as inconsistencies final battle with the robot force, later, don't expect a battle with the robot force he takes care of them in a single move. The suit is a lot of brighter in the film? BS. The cinematography and color palette Snyder went after is clear. The suit is as it's presented.

Not to mention everything he says is purely everything we know with a little fan-fic thrown in. Yet, people eat it all up and now it's spreading like the plague.
This I noticed a faire few inconsistencies myself and that some of the stuff was from that older fan fic.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #954
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM BLAKE View Post
What's the supposed massive twist at the end? That TDKR and MOS are in the same world?My guess..
Lois is actually Lana.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #955
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Lois is a man, originally called Louis.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #956
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post

Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #957
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
I was told that they combined Lois and Lana and named her Loina Lange. There was no mention of her packing a penis.

Your sources are better than mine.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #958
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
I was told that they combined Lois and Lana and named her Loina Lange. There was no mention of her packing a penis.
Well, that's how aussies would call her, so you're not far off.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #959
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Actually
Lois is Ray Finkle

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #960
sup101
Side-Kick

Everybody swear up and down that the trailer description from imdb was fake myself included.No, pa kent wouldn't say maybe let them die, so it must be fake.We tryed to come up with everything to make ourselves beleave it was fake, We saw how that one turned out.This person deleted his account just like the other person did, maybe they are the same person.And just because he said nothing happened to the kent farm don't mean it's fake, Maybe that wasn't in the cut his brother seen, maybe his brother couldn't give him everything cause he couldn't remember everything, he didn't see the flim his brother did, he was going by what his brother told him, that surely wasn't the whole movie.I'm not saying it real are fake, i'm just saying.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #961
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
As for those spoilers, I was checking out imdb just now and one guy apparently discovered a big hole in some of the stuff that person posted. I'll just copy paste the guys post on why apparently the person posting this is a phony - minor spoilers of course:

In his first topic where he was answering questions, someone asked him if Zod does anything to the Kent farm or if Ma Kent get's hurt (as we see space ships arriving at the farm). He said no, Zod only comes to talk (LOL!!!), nothing happens to the farm or Martha.

Well, that is completely untrue. I won't bother posting pics, but google man of steel kent farm and search. The Kent farm DOES get smashed up. Superman is also on the set so no it doesn't happen before that. Shannon in his full CGI outfit is also on the farm. There is also a photo of Diane Lane as Ma Kent sitting on the porch supporting her hand which WAS hurt. There were also set reports from the day when pics arrived that they filmed Zod attacking the Kent farm.

I called the dude out on it and not shortly after, what does he do? He deletes all his post and proclaims he'll only send info to Captain Gullible, I mean, DoctorModern. Obviously he was unaware or forgot about those set photos.

Anyway, not that there isn't a slew of other garbage in there, such as inconsistencies final battle with the robot force, later, don't expect a battle with the robot force he takes care of them in a single move. The suit is a lot of brighter in the film? BS. The cinematography and color palette Snyder went after is clear. The suit is as it's presented.

Not to mention everything he says is purely everything we know with a little fan-fic thrown in. Yet, people eat it all up and now it's spreading like the plague.
Good piont.I also noticed another hole in the spiolers

In the spiolers it is said Kid Clark first learns details about Krypton from the hologram in the ship that brought him and later on learns more from the fotress.

Thats BS.Its pretty clear from the trailers that Clark knows nothing about Krypton before finding the fotress-he clearly asks the Jorel hologram "Who am I?where do I come from".

I have to say most of the spioler we see in here are info from all the news,merchandising leaks about the movie.The few new stuff in there cld either easily be guesses based on the info.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #962
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
LOL What perfect timing. I see all these spoiler tags all over this forum. Don't swim Hope! Don't Swim! hahaha
Help me!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #963
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I don't know what to believe anymore with these leaked spoilers. There wasn't a whole lot of Lois in those pm spoilers. The only real plot twist that I saw was Zod killing Jor-el. Who knows? I was sure the trailer description was a fake and it turned out to be true. But at least with that description we only had to wait about a week to see if it was accurate.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #964
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
If "news" is not official and just a rumor how can it be a spoiler? Also why label this a "spoiler" forum? Odd. I haven't been involved in this one, just observing.
You have been here a long time...and you have heard our reasoning about this a hundred times....you are just being obstinant and complaining because that is what you do....you occasionaly show up and troll one forum or another about one thing or another. I am tired of it. Stop it. Do not do it again.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #965
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
In the spiolers it is said Kid Clark first learns details about Krypton from the hologram in the ship that brought him and later on learns more from the fotress.

Thats BS.Its pretty clear from the trailers that Clark knows nothing about Krypton before finding the fotress-he clearly asks the Jorel hologram "Who am I?where do I come from".

I have to say most of the spioler we see in here are info from all the news,merchandising leaks about the movie.The few new stuff in there cld either easily be guesses based on the info.
You do know that editors EDIT the trailers? There's nothing that definitely tells us that that's his first source of information about Krypton. Even that audio could've come from a completely different scene in the movie.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #966
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Help me!
If you haven't already, I wouldn't bother with the rumored spoilers. There's nothing really divisive in them, and there's nothing we haven't already rumored here already. I'm calling bs on it. Although I also called bs on that trailer description...

Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #967
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
You do know that editors EDIT the trailers? There's nothing that definitely tells us that that's his first source of information about Krypton. Even that audio could've come from a completely different scene in the movie.
Pardon me if Im wrong but didnt we see him say those words in the trailer to Jorel?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #968
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Unless it was some Comicon footage i haven't seen, I don't think we've seen a Jor-El hologram at all...

Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #969
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yes cause he's from the planet Colu
I had no idea, thanks!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #970
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Unless it was some Comicon footage i haven't seen, I don't think we've seen a Jor-El hologram at all...
It was in the Comiccon.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #971
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

While this may not actually be real spoilers, as this thread is technically in the spoiler section, is there any way we could make some sort of MOS spoiler free lounge in the other section?

It's all well and good putting things in spoiler tags, and believe me I appreciate it, but it kind of excludes those of us who don't want to talk about it from any discussions... And there are always people who accidentally forget too

Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #972
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

edit, nevermind

Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #973
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Is this where we split the SHH MOS posters in 2? Who will stay in the spoilers camp, and who will disappear?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #974
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
While this may not actually be real spoilers, as this thread is technically in the spoiler section, is there any way we could make some sort of MOS spoiler free lounge in the other section?
Yes, go ahead.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #975
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I had no idea, thanks!
No worries there's been that many different versions I'm not surprised.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Closed Thread