The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #976
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
It was in the Comiccon.
I was unaware of that. It still doesn't have to be the first time he learns about Krypton though. Those questions of "Who am I?" and "Where do I come from?" are probably going to be major themes throughout the entire movie. They should be, at least.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #977
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

If one of these leaked spoilers gave us something more specific then it would be more believable. Imagine being back in 1978 and months before the movie came out someone leaked that Lois was going to die in an earthquake and Superman is going to fly around the world and spin it back in time.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #978
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I was unaware of that. It still doesn't have to be the first time he learns about Krypton though. Those questions of "Who am I?" and "Where do I come from?" are probably going to be major themes throughout the entire movie. They should be, at least.
if you've seen the comiccon trailer, I believe it's the Jor-el hologram when
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Jor-el opens his coat revealing the

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #979
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
If he already knows about Krypyon he wouldnt be asking those question.He would know he is Kalel of Krypton/The fact he does ask those questions means he doesnt know anything till the fotress.

You should watch the commicon footgae. Its all over youtube now

Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #980
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
lol; and I shall continue to say it until we actually get something new and substantial.lol

On another note, I just realized that it seems like Jor-el will have at least more than one outfit for this film:

His outfit on the top seems more battle oriented than the one in the bottom, and the S Emblem is attached differently for each outfit.

it is one outfit. he has his blue suit under a robe and on top of the robe he wears a chest plate of armor with the shoulder guards which he most like pulls on over his head. i noticed it was a seperate piece the first time i saw the photos. also in some unrelated idea...i have been toying with the idea that what if the wrist guantlets make Clark fly? i think it makes sense seing that the dust particles and snow and rocks start to swirl around his fist and you dont really see it lifting anywhere else....just an idea

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #981
Smallville13
Side-Kick

In terms of the spoiler/non-spoiler debate, it's just we've been speculating what could or might happen for years and then less than 6 months to release, details that could be true are floating around.

It's just gonna be people speculating about stuff in the non-spoilers thread that could or won't be true, and people discussing stuff in the spoilers thread that people have posted saying that are true, but really only could or won't be true.

In the end it's not the details and dot points that make a film for me. It's the execution of it. The storytelling. The acting. That's only what Snyder and Cavill can bring by watching the film. I don't think I can be really spoiled of anything here.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #982
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
While this may not actually be real spoilers, as this thread is technically in the spoiler section, is there any way we could make some sort of MOS spoiler free lounge in the other section?

It's all well and good putting things in spoiler tags, and believe me I appreciate it, but it kind of excludes those of us who don't want to talk about it from any discussions... And there are always people who accidentally forget too
That's what I'm worried about too,I don't mind spoilers or pics but not about the story or how it might end,we could do with knowing if the rumors are true or not,then at least I can decide whether to use the spoiler free forum or not.

Sorry for being a guys

Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #983
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
In terms of the spoiler/non-spoiler debate, it's just we've been speculating what could or might happen for years and then less than 6 months to release, details that could be true are floating around.

It's just gonna be people speculating about stuff in the non-spoilers thread that could or won't be true, and people discussing stuff in the spoilers thread that people have posted saying that are true, but really only could or won't be true.

In the end it's not the details and dot points that make a film for me. It's the execution of it. The storytelling. The acting. That's only what Snyder and Cavill can bring by watching the film. I don't think I can be really spoiled of anything here.
Well for me,reading the 2nd trailer description before seeing it definitely took something away from it.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #984
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Yes, go ahead.
Cheers, will do that now

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #985
SuperWig
Side-Kick

From I09.COM

Man of Steel

Here's an interesting excerpt from a report on costume designer Michael Wilkerson's recent appearance at the 5D | FLUX conference. The passage is meant to explain the mythology of why Superman's costume features the big S-shield:
Wilkinson explained that since they created a "neo-medieval" back story for Krypton (which included the creation of a new language), it made sense to utilize the suit design as part of the mythology. "Everyone on Krypton wears this suit," he suggested. Using ZBrush and rapid prototyping, Wilkinson came up the blue/gray color and chainmail look. "It has function and purpose and a logic to this fantastical world," he added.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #986
Zorex
No T, No Shade

That's nothing new, unfortunately.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #987
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I'll admit, I'll be kind of bummed if all that info turns out to NOT be true........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #988
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I'll admit, I'll be kind of bummed if all that info turns out to NOT be true........
We already knew most of the info from the leaked toy commercials and the concept art description from a while back, and most of the spoilery new info can be disproved by way of set photos/reports and the leaked call sheet so, yeah.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #989
sup101
It'S oN!mY tImE tO sHiNe!

It's a win win situation for me atlease.It sound epic and if it's tru awesome, I can't wait to see it.If it's fake that mean we really didn't get spoiled at all and they'll surely be surprises.Yea it really will suck if what we get in the movie is not as good as the description.Spoilers can be dangerous lol.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #990
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

C2E2 will probably have the most MOS info and debut the final Trailer.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #991
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Do companies always announce they will have a tv spot at the superbowl beforehand or will we not know until Feb 3 if MOS got one?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #992
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
We already knew most of the info from the leaked toy commercials and the concept art description from a while back, and most of the spoilery new info can be disproved by way of set photos/reports and the leaked call sheet so, yeah.
do we know for sure that the new info can be disproved by the set photos, etc.?

we don't really know..........things can change.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #993
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I seriously hope the costume isn't tied to Supermans flying. That would be pretty lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Do companies always announce they will have a tv spot at the superbowl beforehand or will we not know until Feb 3 if MOS got one?
Yes. Studios usually announce whether or not they'll have spots during the Super Bowl.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #994
SuperWig
Side-Kick

This will be hard to explain. I do think the part in the trailer where the beam is hitting metropolis and all of the cars and debris are going towards the sky is black zero. In the toy commercial you can see black zero having 3 legs to stand on. If you watch the trailer really close, you can see what looks to be a leg coming down from the sky on the left of the screen

Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #995
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
do we know for sure that the new info can be disproved by the set photos, etc.?
Seems like a lot of the spoiler description is at least consistent with stuff we know. (Doesn’t mean the description is right. But, as they say, the best lies are embedded in truth. ) For instance, will MOS feature kryptonite? Well, months back we saw a photo of a prop newspaper article (by LL) about “black meteorites” causing illness. So one could legitimately predict/guess/speculate about kryptonite based on what is (within the spoiler forum) a relatively old clue.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #996
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I really hope they don't speak english on Krypton, I hate that in films where english is in every country at any year or in space.

True Blood portrays many different languages through ages very well...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #997
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
I really hope they don't speak english on Krypton, I hate that in films where english is in every country at any year or in space.

True Blood portrays many different languages through ages very well...
YB said its completely subtitled.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #998
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
That's awesome! I was worried about this too.

I'm really hoping that this turns into "The Dark Knight" for Superman fans.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #999
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I seriously hope the costume isn't tied to Supermans flying. That would be pretty lame.
yeah.....that would be such a HUGE LET DOWN if that is true.....

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #1000
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Who is YB?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread