The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #301
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
FYI, that middle one is NOT Loki's, she tweeted that was for another project, she cant post pictures of the whole things until after the trailers are out or something. THe one in the box is for Loki' double, the white ones Odin and Odin's double and Volstagg. She did say that Loki's hair is a little longer than it was in Avengers though, so probably not far from that middle one, but that middle one is not Loki's. the blonde one is for a different movie also, Malificent, she said I think..

Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #302
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
God bless them. They are a mighty force, for better or worse.

Video killed the radio star!
I love that song ;P

Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #303
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

I'm amazed sometimes by movie wigs ..... How do they get the hairlines to blend with their skin?

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #304
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Well first of all Thor is awesome and Superman sucks! Second the Thor and Avengers movies were awesome and the only superman film mtv fans have ever seen is the Ruth film wich was incredibly boring and the absolute worst serioius super hero film ever made so it's only natural that Thor beat Superman in this poll!
Quoted for truth.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #305
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm amazed sometimes by movie wigs ..... How do they get the hairlines to blend with their skin?
For some wigs, I think the hairlines are part of the wigs themselves.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #306
elizah72
Side-Kick

Speaking of Thor vs Superman those of you who read the Simonson arc a while back, do you recall this bit?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #307
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yup!

"In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind; we've gone too far."

(And that was before MTV)
Uh, that was the first ever video, the Buggles "Video Killed the Radio Star." that MTV ever played on its network after it launched though. The second being Pat Benatar's "You Better Run".

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #308
elizah72
Side-Kick

She probably knows that. LOL but technically the song had to have been out on Radio before MTV launched and made it their first video.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-16262554.html

Quote:
She told Collider: "I'm very excited about Thor 2. It's great. [Sif] definitely has a lot more action and does some great scenes where she gets to fight side by side with Thor.
"You really get to see how much love she has for her fellow Asgardians because she puts her life on the line and risks a lot to save a few Asgardians."
GO SIF!

Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #309
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
She probably knows that. LOL but technically the song had to have been out on Radio before MTV launched and made it their first video.

GO SIF!
Thanks for getting us back on topic =)

Oh, Sif. Great character, great actress to play her. I'm very excited.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #310
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
She told Collider: "I'm very excited about Thor 2. It's great. [Sif] definitely has a lot more action and does some great scenes where she gets to fight side by side with Thor.
"You really get to see how much love she has for her fellow Asgardians because she puts her life on the line and risks a lot to save a few Asgardians."
GO SIF!
I wonder if this means we'll get a "Follow me into Hel!" moment like in Simonson.

Which reminds me of another pull quote Elizah had posted a few pages back:

Quote:
“As for action sequences, I don’t fly in The Last Stand, I don’t take the bifrost anywhere."
(see http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=282)

When I read this, I wondered if that meant Sif was going to fly in Thor2.

In Simonson, she rides a flying horse (though not winged). She rides a winged horse with the valkeries in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

In any event, yay, go Sif!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #311
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Speaking of Thor vs Superman those of you who read the Simonson arc a while back, do you recall this bit?

YES! haha i remember that. I just read over it. and I think I was a good, two pages in after that and it hit me. "wait, what?" so I went back and lol'd

Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #312
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder if this means we'll get a "Follow me into Hel!" moment like in Simonson.

In Simonson, she rides a flying horse (though not winged). She rides a winged horse with the valkeries in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I wondered about that, but at the same time I recall Tom referring to the work he did for the Avengers opening when Loki attacks as "flying" so it could be she did some harness work. And yes I'm wondering about having a similar moment like that for her. here's hoping!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #313
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:

Interesting. Maybe she was referring to taking the bifrost AS flying... One could also posit that the bifrost is back up and running based on her comments about it? I mean, she's talking about superhuman/supernatural elements in the Thor franchise in contrast to The Last Stand--so they could just be general comments and not actual plot points.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #314
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
it could be she did some harness work.
Quote:
Interesting. Maybe she was referring to taking the bifrost AS flying... One could also posit that the bifrost is back up and running based on her comments about it?
I wondered about both these things too!

Quote:
I mean, she's talking about superhuman/supernatural elements in the Thor franchise in contrast to The Last Stand--so they could just be general comments and not actual plot points.
True.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #315
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Some questions for everyone.
Have any/all of the races spotted in the set pics been identified for sure? (besides the dark elves) If not, what are your best guesses?

It looks like some of the different races will be using some weapons that kinda resemble guns/energy weapons similar to the Chitauri in TA. I am in no way suggesting that they are the same. I just mean that they look to be some kind of energy weapon. (pew, pew, pew) Any thoughts? Are there alot of "guns" in the Thor books?

What happened to BigThor? I always dug BigThor's posts and stuff.

I'm guessing this next part has already been suggested, but is there any chance that this big guy could be Algrim? What race is Algrim? Oh, and he happens to be holding one of the aforementioned energy weapons. (pew)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

P.S. One character I really hope to see in this film...Hela

Old 01-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #316
elizah72
Side-Kick

I'm not positive obviously but I don't think that's Algrim, the weapons are different than the Elves on Greenwich. I don't think we've identified any races for sure. Trolls are suspected for several, and there is a guy with horns that looks like a Demon.

FYI, part of an interview with AAA from Comicbook.com
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/19...-blockbusters/

And Oh, MY. he spilled something here re: a Frigga scene...

Quote:
ComicBook.com: And is it a really interesting working environment? I mean, you can find yourself just surrounded in the Marvel Universe now with Academy Award-caliber actors, with actors who are the top-grossing actors of the last decade.
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: Yeah, I mean look: I can recall the scene. I’m in the scene and Renee Russo is in my arms or beside me and I’m facing Anthony Hopkins and Chris Hemsworth and Chris Eccleston–and just about every great actor within that genre is in the room and you just realize it’s a great privilege and honor. To be opposite Anthony Hopkins and to watch him work is just…amazing.
PS: I'm hoping to see Hela as well.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-19-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #317
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Interesting article! This is a curious statement.."Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: I think it all depends on the character. You never know what will become of what character–nobody ever really dies. I think that’s all I can really say; it depends on the character you’re playing."
Wonder who is gonna "die"

Old 01-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #318
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Interesting article! This is a curious statement.."Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: I think it all depends on the character. You never know what will become of what character–nobody ever really dies. I think that’s all I can really say; it depends on the character you’re playing."
Wonder who is gonna "die"
Another interesting quote: "Renee Russo is in my arms or beside me"

As for who is going to "die", if nobody ever really dies, then I suppose the answer is "no one"

Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #319
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Another interesting quote: "Renee Russo is in my arms or beside me"

As for who is going to "die", if nobody ever really dies, then I suppose the answer is "no one"
They can't fridge Frigga I won't stand for it. I like having a wise elder woman around. It makes a change. Bad Marvel!

In other news. Jaimie's new movie didn't do very well. Let's blame Arnie.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #320
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Sounds like Frigga's death scene is no longer in the realm of rumor.
And it sounds like AAA kills her as Kurse, not Algrim; interesting that he says "opposite" Eccleston, meaning that Kurse does, indeed, turn against his former ally, as he did in the books.

As for AAA's comments about nobody really dying: he's talking about bringing Kurse back for more movies. I thought he made that clear in an interview a week ago, but everybody thought then he was talking about campaigning for a *second* role in a *different* Marvel movie.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #321
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
In other news. Jaimie's new movie didn't do very well. Let's blame Arnie.
Never saw that one comin' ....

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #322
elizah72
Side-Kick

Anybody heard anything about this Marvel's Thor Dark World Prelude book ?

http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Thor-D...&keywords=thor

Last edited by elizah72; 01-19-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #323
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Sounds like Frigga's death scene is no longer in the realm of rumor.
And it sounds like AAA kills her as Kurse, not Algrim; interesting that he says "opposite" Eccleston, meaning that Kurse does, indeed, turn against his former ally, as he did in the books.

As for AAA's comments about nobody really dying: he's talking about bringing Kurse back for more movies. I thought he made that clear in an interview a week ago, but everybody thought then he was talking about campaigning for a *second* role in a *different* Marvel movie.

I'm so excited to see Kurse. and I LOVE how enthusiastic AAA is to play him. I really think he is just a fantastic addition to the MCU

Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #324
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Actor enthusiasm goes a long way for me. You can always tell when someone loves the part they're playing on screen. The opposite is also true. See Hugo Weaving for details.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #325
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

So, TotalFilm has a brief interview with Eccleston (Malekith) which does a (very) little bit to pull back the fog surrounding the movie right now:

http://imgur.com/aIU8A3n

Eccleston describes Malekith as a bad guy with no redeeming features; he plans to take over the universe, egged on by Loki; he apparently likes the script; and, interestingly, the article concludes by saying that TDW will not only expand Thor's world, but also help set up Avengers 2.

As an Avenger fan (comics and movies) first and foremost, I'm wondering about that last line most of all. Does it simply mean putting Thor in place on Midgard for the necessary return to the Avengers? Or will plot elements of TDW actually carry over to Avengers 2? Possibly Surtur? More Dark Elf mischief? Or will the seeds of the Thanos story get planted in TDW?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread