Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #51
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not having Halle Berry in this movie is like firing Megan Fox from the Transformers movie. Her character never died, she had a major role in X3, she ended up like the head mistress of X-Mansion, she's playing Storm (one of the most well-known characters in the X-Men universe) and I doubt Halle Berry would turn down the role. If they are not gonna bring her back because of her relationship with Bryan Singer, personal life drama and the fan reception, I think that would be unfair to her.
How would it be unfair to her to not bring her back because of her relationship with Singer? I heard she acted like a diva and demanded a lot more money than she was offered. If that's how she's going to behave, I'm not sure how it's "unfair" to her that she doesn't get asked back. Storm is an awesome character. Berry's performance was a complete disservice to her. Directors are also partly to blame of course, but I feel like Storm in the hands of a different actress would have been so much more powerful. But they shouldn't be recasting roles at this point, and some of the big name X-Men should be dead to show the gravity of the future situation. I say leave her out.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I wouldn't discount Halle Berry in terms of lacking star power. The fact is, she hasn't been visible due to raising her daughter and dealing with ex bf/current bf crap, moving to Europe and her upcoming wedding. I don't think filming has been on her list of high priorities, she's a millionaire and clearly doesn't need to work for more money. When actors and actresses take breaks and start doing little indie films like she's been filming lately, they are doing it to keep themselves "sharp" in the field, but not necessarily for prestige. If Halle really applied herself I could see her making a major comeback.

But I think putting her in this film, as the lead actress of the first 3 X-Men films (especially X2 and X3), would rank well with moviegoers...even if it does fill the fans with angst. LOL
Although she is unlikely to be the lead actress again this time with Jennifer Lawrence now in the spotlight. So she probably couldn't get her way again and demand more screen time. The only problem with Lawrence is that, unlike Storm, Mystique can't really ever be that big of a character and have an integral, or even heroic role in the movie unless they change things around. But if they do, then she can't become the character that Rebecca Romijn was in the original trilogy. Speaking of which, I wonder if Rebecca is coming back.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #53
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it did seem like they worked or maybe forced the last stand script around trying to give berry and hugh more things to do so overall its not a bad thing berry can't ask for more screen time and Mark Millar has made it clear the idea is not to make wolverine the main focus and flesh out new characters

Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #54
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not having Halle Berry in this movie is like firing Megan Fox from the Transformers movie. Her character never died, she had a major role in X3, she ended up like the head mistress of X-Mansion, she's playing Storm (one of the most well-known characters in the X-Men universe) and I doubt Halle Berry would turn down the role. If they are not gonna bring her back because of her relationship with Bryan Singer, personal life drama and the fan reception, I think that would be unfair to her.
Halle really has to grow up though. I think that she was one of the main reasons Bryan put X3 on the back-burner he didn't want to constantly have to deal with her ego and we all know how that turned out.

Her only salvation is Hugh Jackman and his friendship with both parties. Maybe he played peacemaker? And subsided her diva demands. That would be the only way I could see Singer working with her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #55
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
How would it be unfair to her to not bring her back because of her relationship with Singer? I heard she acted like a diva and demanded a lot more money than she was offered. If that's how she's going to behave, I'm not sure how it's "unfair" to her that she doesn't get asked back. .
Congratulations, you just described every franchise casting negotiation in Hollywood history. Even if actors are happy with the first offer given to them, their agents will always push for more. By the time X3 rolled around all the major cast were pretty much irreplaceable and could push for more $$$ from Fox. If Halle did indeed push for more then she wouldn't have been the only one. It's called negotiation and happens all.the.time. Singling out Halle for what is common practice is unfair.

You don't think Jennifer Lawrence negotiated for more for DOFP after the success of The Hunger Games? If she wins an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook her agent will be on the phone to Fox the next morning. Will she be a diva making demands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Halle really has to grow up though. I think that she was one of the main reasons Bryan put X3 on the back-burner he didn't want to constantly have to deal with her ego and we all know how that turned out.

Her only salvation is Hugh Jackman and his friendship with both parties. Maybe he played peacemaker? And subsided her diva demands. That would be the only way I could see Singer working with her again.
This Singer/Berry rivalry is being blown out of proportion big time. Singer left X3 because of Halle? Come on.

Last edited by Electrix; 01-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #56
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Halle didn't just want more money she stole Famke's lines and demanded to be the main focus of the film. She did have an ego no easy way around it.

And you need to re-read my post I never said she was the only reason Bryan left X3 at all. I don't know where you're pulling that from. her demands didn't make it easy for him though.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #57
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Tom Rothman was reason Bryan didn't do third film.

Halle Berry really wasn't too open to doing third film till after failure of Catwoman by then Bryan was on SUperman.

It's a completly different ballgame on DOFP.They could always do film without Storm however I personally doudt they do.People can repair relationships.back In late 2003
In Interview with Wizard magazine Bryan said Catwoman was one of 2004 films he was curious to see.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #58
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, for the record, I could care less if Halle Berry herself is in the film.

I just want STORM in the storyline, even if the role is played by someone else.
Agreed. If Halle Berry chooses not to be a diva and actually acts like Storm, I would be thrilled. Otherwise, Terrence Howard her! She's not even under contract anyway.

Quote:
Perhaps.

Although I think the path for Marsden to appear will be cleared.
Unless Marvel snatches him up as Star-Lord!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #59
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I doudt they recast her.Part of reason for doing DOFP Is to do film with both oriignal tirlogy and first Class casts.

James Marsden Is no longer under considerion for GOTG.That along might be clue he will be back for DOFP.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #60
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
James Marsden Is no longer under considerion for GOTG.That along might be clue he will be back for DOFP.
I was partially joking. But do you have insider information confirming that he's out of the running?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #61
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They had list of actors up for It.He was dropped off shortlist.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #62
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Halle didn't just want more money she stole Famke's lines and demanded to be the main focus of the film. She did have an ego no easy way around it.

And you need to re-read my post I never said she was the only reason Bryan left X3 at all. I don't know where you're pulling that from. her demands didn't make it easy for him though.
with the way storm was portrayed i don't blame her for wanting more lines lol

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #63
NanaT
X-Men United!

Smile Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:

Halle Berry stole nothing and all this Halle hate is kind of pathetic. How could she of stolen Famke's lines? What exactly did Halle say that famke could have said in X3. "I killed the professor Logan, I've made my choice its time you make yours so if you're with is then be with us." I mean really?

And in X2 Halle was already contracted to return no matter her role, Fox CHOSE to give Halle's Storm more to do and even then the only lines that were originally Famke's were the ones she said in the jet before they go in through the spillway every thing else was either already in the script or was written during filming.

She didn't demand to be the focus (and she wasn't the focus of X3 that was wolverine and phoenix) to quote her words "its not that I want more screen time as this is an ensemble but if it's just five minutes I just want it to be five meaningful minutes . It isn't her fault fox jumps interpreted that as replacing cyclops she just wanted storm to have a voice. She was asking this as many fans had complained about storm's lack of substance in the movies sometimes directly to at comic con. She even read some of the comics for X2.

She was asking for a substantial role like storm has in the comics.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #64
Angamb
Banned User

I find kind of funny how some people seems to know how Halle acts on set or what she says on the meetings with the studio, producers and director.

Halle wanted a better role, yes, we all wanted a better Storm role too. But we really dont know the inside scoop of what she really did and what didnt

Last edited by Angamb; 01-18-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #65
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I disagreed with her just dismissing her X2 role as just flying the jet.Storm's Interaction with Nightcrawler was very meaningfy.Storm even got to be one who saved Xavier from
killing all humans and defeated Jason stryker.Plus got one of effects heavy actions sequenzes with using powers against jets.

Storm In X-men-X2 was the equilvent of pre Dark Phoenix Storm.While In Last Stand she was equilvent of post dark Phoenix but premohawk Storm.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #66
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

thing about X3 is that FOX probably pushed to have wolverine be the central character and Halle Berry had just came off catwomen which was dreadful and obviously she wanted to bounce back with X3 and probably made a fuss to get a bigger role for storm but personally for me when i see her acting as storm in X3 her role seems random and forced like she is trying to get the same spot light as hugh jackman

i think X3 was doomed the moment it was just about the popular characters and actors needs

I think Fox have learnt that there is more to Xmen then just wolverine but they just have to find the right direction

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-18-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #67
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
They had list of actors up for It.He was dropped off shortlist.
But are we even sure that that shortlist was official? Was the report specifically denying that any previously rumored actors not on their list were by definition no longer rumored? I feel like everything is hearsay, and nothing is official.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #68
Angamb
Banned User

lets really hope they have learnt (Bryan included) and they start developing a bit more the other characters, appart from Wolverine.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #69
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
lets really hope they have learnt (Bryan included) and they start developing a bit more the other characters, appart from Wolverine.
Agreed. I don't want to watch Wolverine and the Mutant Wallpaper.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #70
Angamb
Banned User

me either. No, thank u very much.

If I wanted Wolverine, Id go to the threatre on July to see him movie, but no, thanks either

Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #71
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Your not being realistic If you think Wolverine won't have Important role In DOFP.Even If he's only In future scenes he will be Important character.

I strongly disagree with X-Men and X2.You may wish say Cyclops got more devolpment but It was nowhere as bad as Last Stand.Wolverine has always been the most popular character In the X-Men.Sorry but It's the truth.It was obvious they would focus on him In first X-men.X2 In particularly was a true ensemble film.Yes WOlverine was head of the esemble but a lot of others got stuff to do.Wolverine spent much of climax doing his own business while the others were stopping Stryker's plans.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #72
Angamb
Banned User

everyone should be important, not just Wolverine.

Mark Millar said they should make sure we care about the characters.

thats what I expect, to care about all the characters, not just about Logan.

I didnt say Wolverine wont have a good role, of course he will. but he shouldnt be the lead, at least on this sequel with two casts.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #73
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Halle Berry stole nothing and all this Halle hate is kind of pathetic. How could she of stolen Famke's lines? What exactly did Halle say that famke could have said in X3. "I killed the professor Logan, I've made my choice its time you make yours so if you're with is then be with us." I mean really?

And in X2 Halle was already contracted to return no matter her role, Fox CHOSE to give Halle's Storm more to do and even then the only lines that were originally Famke's were the ones she said in the jet before they go in through the spillway every thing else was either already in the script or was written during filming.

She didn't demand to be the focus (and she wasn't the focus of X3 that was wolverine and phoenix) to quote her words "its not that I want more screen time as this is an ensemble but if it's just five minutes I just want it to be five meaningful minutes . It isn't her fault fox jumps interpreted that as replacing cyclops she just wanted storm to have a voice. She was asking this as many fans had complained about storm's lack of substance in the movies sometimes directly to at comic con. She even read some of the comics for X2.

She was asking for a substantial role like storm has in the comics.
The running script for X2 (which I've read) gave a lot of Jean's lines to Storm thats evidence enough for me that she had some kind of pull in that regard.

Quote:
I disagreed with her just dismissing her X2 role as just flying the jet.Storm's Interaction with Nightcrawler was very meaningfy.Storm even got to be one who saved Xavier from
killing all humans and defeated Jason stryker.Plus got one of effects heavy actions sequenzes with using powers against jets.

Storm In X-men-X2 was the equilvent of pre Dark Phoenix Storm.While In Last Stand she was equilvent of post dark Phoenix but premohawk Storm.
This all the way. I will admit the first filmade her look like a weak character but X2 made many improvements and Bryan's X3 hopefully would have expanded not only her character but also Cyclops',Rogue, and Iceman's but what we got instead was Wolverine's and Storm show featuring the X-Men/Phoenix Saga.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #74
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
this is again the biggest misconception on the x boards it was'nt just wolverine lol xavier,magneto,jean grey,bobby/rogue relationship, were all developed nicely on top of wolverine only cyclops and storm got the least development

Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #75
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
The running script for X2 (which I've read) gave a lot of Jean's lines to Storm thats evidence enough for me that she had some kind of pull in that regard.
I too have read the script for X2. And Like I said before Halle was contractually obliged to return for X2. She had to give up the lead role in Gigli (thank God!) to honour her commitments to the movie. She would have had no pull on anything as she still had to appear in the movie. The reason Storm got slightly more to do was because of her Oscar win. She got more exposure and that is why she got a bigger role. They had to justify putting her front and center on their posters.

This all the way. I will admit the first filmade her look like a weak character but X2 made many improvements and Bryan's X3 hopefully would have expanded not only her character but also Cyclops',Rogue, and Iceman's but what we got instead was Wolverine's and Storm show featuring the X-Men/Phoenix Saga.[/QUOTE]

Its funny how you say X2 made improvements to Storm's character and yet you complain that Halle stole Famke's lines and demanded a bigger role etc etc. Thing is if Halle had not become a bigger star between X1 and X2 then storm would have had very little to do in the movies. Singer has made no secret of how much he dislikes Storm as a character.

Also Singer's X3 would have focused on wolverine, cyclops, jean, prof X, Mags and his brotherhood as well as Emma frost and the hellfire club. Storm was going to be little more than a cameo role. Singer wanted to right his wrongs with Scott but I guarantee if we had had Singer's X3 Storm would have been the character done the least justice in the movies and not Cyclops.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Closed Thread