The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #101
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Personally, if it were up to me, I would have added a few more things in the film’s plot.

Namely, if the budget had allowed it, I would have enjoyed seeing the battle for New York having taken an entire day’s worth, similar to how the battles for Minas Tirith and Helms Deep did in the last two LOTR films.

They could have had some great scenes where we could see some of the heavy hitters taking on the foes while the others did their best to get civilians to safety or getting some medical aid, while all throughout that time, we would see the casualties and the toll that this was taking on everyone, especially the heroes who are frustrated and feeling hopeless that despite everything they’re doing, more and more people are dying on the clock.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #102
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I forgot about that part. Good point.

And as much of a Hulk fanboy as I am, I concede to the fact that Thor couldn't possibly go all out on Hulk while on a Hellicarrier full of tiny mortals. A full on blast of lightning like the one killed those two Leviathans would destroy the Hellicarrier, kill many innocents, and KO Hulk at the very least.

I must say, the MCU Thor is much more responsible and aware of his surroundings then the cartoon Avengers Assembled version who destroyed a taxicab with the driver still inside that almos hit Jane Foster. Lol. I wish someone was able to post that. That was a serious WTF moment for me when I first saw it.
uh. I don't think you're right. If a lightning bolt could KO Hulk, Earth would be in some serious trouble.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #103
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
uh. I don't think you're right. If a lightning bolt could KO Hulk, Earth would be in some serious trouble.
I don't know. To me its all about striking early enough that Hulk isnt enraged enough to tank it. Hulk not only gets stronger as he gets angrier, his durability and healing factor are also tied to his rage. If Thor hit him with a double Levaithan busting stream of lightning to start the fight, his chances of being able to KO Hulk would be decent imo. As long as he doesn't give Hulk time to get angrier. It's a possibility imo, although if I was wrong, I wouldn't be mad. I'm one of the biggest Hulk fans ever so I wouldn't mind being wrong.

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #104
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I also really wished that we would have gotten a scene where ALL of the Avengers were there together fighting the Chitauri in the same place at the same time in a all out assault as opposed to them being shown throughout the city in groups of two.

Which is why I find the "Avengers Assembled" scene where they're all gathered up in that group circle to be ironic because that scene was supposed to emphasize the importance of them finally banding together as a group, and as soon as they get together, they immediately separate from each other.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #105
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I also really wished that we would have gotten a scene where ALL of the Avengers were there together fighting the Chitauri in the same place at the same time in a all out assault as opposed to them being shown throughout the city in groups of two.

Which is why I find the "Avengers Assembled" scene where they're all gathered up in that group circle to be ironic because that scene was supposed to emphasize the importance of them finally banding together as a group, and as soon as they get together, they immediately separate from each other.lol
I agree. There were times when they worked in pairs, but not really all together. Widow and Hawkeye teamed up for a bit. Thor and Hulk teamed up briefly as well as some really cool scenes of Thor and Cap teaming up. Iron Man deflecting repulsor beams off Caps shield was also awesome. But I agree, as soon as the truly assembled in that circular pose, they took off on their own shortly after.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #106
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

There is very little I didn't like in this film. Most importantly, the lack of tension and human collateral damage in the climactic fight; less importantly, Cap's costume. Seems like a petty complaint but his horrendous costume takes me out of the film everytime I see the film. Especially the scenes in daylight. The night (his battle with Loki in Germany and the threeway with Iron Man and Thor) masks it a little better.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #107
TDK elbowstrike

I was slightly put off by Black Widows nonchalant attitude towards meeting Cap for the first time. I'm not saying she should have been all Coulson Fanboyish, but she barely acknowledged Cap upon first meeting him and her attitude seemed overall pretty meh. I would have expected her to at least be slightly impressed by meeting the great Captain America.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #108
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

She was over compensating by overly displaying the "business as usual" attitude. Inside she was fuming and quivering mad at just how wretchedly sexy Cap was.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #109
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
She was over compensating by overly displaying the "business as usual" attitude. Inside she was fuming and quivering mad at just how wretchedly sexy Cap was.
I like this answer.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #110
the last son
Side-Kick

Just watched a scene with Captain America. I know its impossible to get as big as in the comics, but man does he look small in costume. He needs at least another 25 pounds of muscle.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #111
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Just watched a scene with Captain America. I know its impossible to get as big as in the comics, but man does he look small in costume. He needs at least another 25 pounds of muscle.
Evans being 25 pounds heavier with muscle wouldve helped a little, but imo the skintight cloth suit and the bulbous helmet would have still detracted from his overall muscular look. The bigger your head looks, the smaller the rest of your proportions look. The screenshot with Cap, Hawkeye and Widow leaving for the last battle shows just how wrong his proportions look when compared to other average looking humans. But Evans was slightly smaller this time around.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #112
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I think Evans IS smaller in Avengers over the Cap in First Avenger. At least I noticed his arms were smaller.
I know they told Hemsworth not to get so big because he was ripping the sleeves of the armor not to mention it was cutting the circulation off to his hands lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #113
TDK elbowstrike

I have definately been impressed by Hemsworths physique in the movies. He does a good job bulking up. I do hope Evans gets bigger for Cap 2 and Avengers 2.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #114
the last son
Side-Kick

I didn't like the score. I like Silvestri and his score on Cap

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #115
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
25 pounds??
You're saying he needs at LEAST 25 pounds of muscle? That is an insane amount. He would look ridiculous. He needs the muscular, yet toned athletic look, which they achieved perfectly in Cap's solo film. 25 pounds added onto that is just overkill.
I personally felt he looked fine in the Avengers. Sure he could've been bigger, but it in no way distracted me or effected my overall enjoyment of the film.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #116
the last son
Side-Kick

It distracted me. Look at when he fights Loki he looks very very small.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #117
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Firstly, he doesn't look very small. That's ludicrous. Secondly, an extra 25 pounds would be ridiculous to add on. 10 pounds maximum. Not all of the size seen in The First Avenger was Evans.

Did you think Christian Bale was too small for Batman in The Dark Knight/ Rises?

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #118
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I agree. There were times when they worked in pairs, but not really all together. Widow and Hawkeye teamed up for a bit. Thor and Hulk teamed up briefly as well as some really cool scenes of Thor and Cap teaming up. Iron Man deflecting repulsor beams off Caps shield was also awesome. But I agree, as soon as the truly assembled in that circular pose, they took off on their own shortly after.
But if they all fought together it wouldn't make much sense at all. They have a city to protect, Cap did the right thing and positioned everyone at different locations to fight the army strategically.

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #119
the last son
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rul2mTKI3BA lol

Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #120
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

How odd lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #121
Kal-E
Side-Kick

Nothing the film was perfect in every way. Best movie of all time.

Kal-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #122
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

I have to agree with many people here who had complaints about the way Cap was portrayed in the film. I might have said this before, but I think two small changes would of made cap so much better in this film:

1) When all the avengers are arguing on the helicarrier under the effects of Loki, I think Cap should of stopped himself in mid argument, and realized something was wrong. Of all the people there, he should of realized it, because that attitude just isn't how Cap is, he rises above that sort of stuff.

2) When he stops the fight between Thor and Ironman, he should have remained standing tall and unmoved. It would have been a great visual to see him standing tall with both Thor and Ironman knocked to the ground. And the line he said "Are we finished here?" Would have been much more powerful.

I also agree they could have made him win more of his situations, like the helicarrier scene, and the Bank scene.

Btw, I think the moment that changes Tony's perception of Cap is their conversation after Cousin dies, when Cap says he's not marching to Fury's fife either. I think that conversation on top of the rest of the experiences in the film changes Tony's mind, but it just wasn't strong enough on film to me.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #123
BatVader

The one (okay, the MAIN) thing I would have changed about the Avengers would be to have left the scene between Steve Rogers and the waitress at the outdoor cafe in the movie. I recall wondering what was the big deal was about the blonde seeing Cap without his helmet. Knowing they had interacted before would have given way more meaning to the later scenes IMO.

BatVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #124
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatVader View Post
The one (okay, the MAIN) thing I would have changed about the Avengers would be to have left the scene between Steve Rogers and the waitress at the outdoor cafe in the movie. I recall wondering what was the big deal was about the blonde seeing Cap without his helmet. Knowing they had interacted before would have given way more meaning to the later scenes IMO.
While I do agree with what you've said, it is in only hindsight that I do. Because during the movie when he landed on the car and it showed her..I immediately just thought that she was someone who knew he was Captain America and that they were in a very troubling situation. I remember seeing the deleted scene for the first time and thinking about the fact that I thought that Whedon did a great job capturing the emotion in that scene and why it was good or okay that it could be left out. Not everyone got that feeling, and that's okay. But definitely it would've made it more personable.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #125
roach
I am the night

For me the climactic battle is the weakest part of the film...writing-wise. The military went straight to the nuclear option without deploying troops. Cloverfield is a perfect example of the military in action. Guns and tanks, helicopters and jets, bombing runs then nukes.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote