Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #76
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
this is again the biggest misconception on the x boards it was'nt just wolverine lol xavier,magneto,jean grey,bobby/rogue relationship, were all developed nicely on top of wolverine only cyclops and storm got the least development
I only say to develop the other characters a BIT more. They can do it, specially with Wolverine already having two standalone movies.

during X2-X3 years, he didnt have his solo franchise, but that isnt the case anymore.

sooo, Bryan still can develop the other x-men a bit more this time. just a little bit

Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
this is again the biggest misconception on the x boards it was'nt just wolverine lol xavier,magneto,jean grey,bobby/rogue relationship, were all developed nicely on top of wolverine only cyclops and storm got the least development
I have been saying the first 2 X-men films especilly X2 weren't just WOlverine.When you do ensemble films you have to pick and chooce.

In X-Men you also had devolpment of Both Xavier and Magneto.Plus Rogue's story mirrored Wolverine.
In X2 not only you did you have wolveirne.You had Xavier and Magneto.Jean was more devolped than In X-men.You beefed up roles for both Iceman
and Pyro.Iceman and Rogue's relationship was major devolpment.You had min journey Of Pyro to Brotherhood.Stryker got devolpment right to be voice of antimutants In films.They did pretty well with Nightcrawler.

It's the last Stand where everything was screwed

If Bryan would have done third film he had plans to make up for underusing Cyclops.When you have 2 hours or less You don't have time to devote to everyone.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #78
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Wolvie comments about DOFP!

"Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it"

"There’s an element of time travel and, naturally, it will be action-packed."

Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #79
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #80
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I too have read the script for X2. And Like I said before Halle was contractually obliged to return for X2. She had to give up the lead role in Gigli (thank God!) to honour her commitments to the movie. She would have had no pull on anything as she still had to appear in the movie. The reason Storm got slightly more to do was because of her Oscar win. She got more exposure and that is why she got a bigger role. They had to justify putting her front and center on their
What you said makes no sense your saying she had no pull but got more pull just because they promoted her prominently? This did not stop them for the first movie when she was promoted just as much. She had pull. End of story.

Quote:
Its funny how you say X2 made improvements to Storm's character and yet you complain that Halle stole Famke's lines and demanded a bigger role etc etc. Thing is if Halle had not become a bigger star between X1 and X2 then storm would have had very little to do in the movies. Singer has made no secret of how much he dislikes Storm as a character.

Also Singer's X3 would have focused on wolverine, cyclops, jean, prof X, Mags and his brotherhood as well as Emma frost and the hellfire club. Storm was going to be little more than a cameo role. Singer wanted to right his wrongs with Scott but I guarantee if we had had Singer's X3 Storm would have been the character done the least justice in the movies and not Cyclops.
You misunderstand me her arc in X2 was there before she stole Famke's lines and just because you aren't the main focus doesn't mean you wont be important to the story. Ie Nightcrawler in X2.

:o
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #81
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Why is that awesome?

Until he's able to clarify or Singer comes out and says something, all that tells me is the movie has a chance of being bloated, just like X3.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #82
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It won't be like last Stand.days of future past won't be 1 hour and 30 minutes.It will likely
be 2 hours long.I stand by my belief We are looking In past same X-Men and Same Brotherhood at end of first Class.Plus you have 6 or possibly 7 In future scenes.Besides
target of assassination we are looking at returning cast members.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #83
Angamb
Banned User

have just seen FC again...

man, it have been two hours, but I need 6 more to keep watching the new x-men

love all the scenes, but specially all the moments the young x-men share together, the same with Charles or with Moira. The dinamics between Alex, Hank and Sean were great. the way Alex uses to make fun of Hank, then on the final battle the chemistry between Alex and Sean, flying all over the sea and them on the beach, after Alex attacks Angel. great little stuff between them. I need more of this! lol

Cant wait to see them again on this sequel, and the new dinamics with Charles and Hank, now that both had a HUGE challenge on this first movie, with Charles getting paralyzed and Hank becoming Beast. Would be really interesting to see how Alex and Sean react to all of this now.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #84
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I too have read the script for X2. And Like I said before Halle was contractually obliged to return for X2. She had to give up the lead role in Gigli (thank God!) to honour her commitments to the movie. She would have had no pull on anything as she still had to appear in the movie. The reason Storm got slightly more to do was because of her Oscar win. She got more exposure and that is why she got a bigger role. They had to justify putting her front and center on their posters.

This all the way. I will admit the first filmade her look like a weak character but X2 made many improvements and Bryan's X3 hopefully would have expanded not only her character but also Cyclops',Rogue, and Iceman's but what we got instead was Wolverine's and Storm show featuring the X-Men/Phoenix Saga.
Its funny how you say X2 made improvements to Storm's character and yet you complain that Halle stole Famke's lines and demanded a bigger role etc etc. Thing is if Halle had not become a bigger star between X1 and X2 then storm would have had very little to do in the movies. Singer has made no secret of how much he dislikes Storm as a character.

Also Singer's X3 would have focused on wolverine, cyclops, jean, prof X, Mags and his brotherhood as well as Emma frost and the hellfire club. Storm was going to be little more than a cameo role. Singer wanted to right his wrongs with Scott but I guarantee if we had had Singer's X3 Storm would have been the character done the least justice in the movies and not Cyclops.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Little known fact: Fox wanted Halle to have a bigger role in X2 and X3 because she won an Oscar which means...bigger box office power for them (the studio). Revolutionary huh? LOL

Old 01-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #85
TheNewGirl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Why is that awesome?

Until he's able to clarify or Singer comes out and says something, all that tells me is the movie has a chance of being bloated, just like X3.
You shouldn't compare anything Singer will do to what Ratner did with X3. X3 wasn't just bloated, it had SEVERAL other problems. Being bloated is the LEAST of them.

If DOFP does end up begin "bloated" then it won't be cramming into an hour and a half. First Class was what, 2 hours 15 minutes or so? One could even call that movie bloated, with how much was really going on, but the difference between FC and X3 was that it was made by someone with SKILL and care for the finished product. DOFP at the VERY LEAST will be respectable, even if it does have problems. Something that X3 can not even achieve due to the self righteous prick of a director.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #86
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
This Singer/Berry rivalry is being blown out of proportion big time. Singer left X3 because of Halle? Come on.
Damn right and I'm not believing this rumours about Halle Berry wanting more money or being a diva on set. Its just ridiculous to read and its probably not true.

Quote:
with the way storm was portrayed i don't blame her for wanting more lines lol
Exactly!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #87
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It won't be like last Stand.days of future past won't be 1 hour and 30 minutes.It will likely
be 2 hours long.I stand by my belief We are looking In past same X-Men and Same Brotherhood at end of first Class.Plus you have 6 or possibly 7 In future scenes.Besides
target of assassination we are looking at returning cast members.
I hope DOFP will be a really long movie. I'd be thrilled if the movie will last longer than 150 minutes.

I was really disappointed when I found out the length of X3 was just the same as the length of X1 and especially with all the characters they had for the movie. It should have been 1 hour longer and to give the other characters more character development.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #88
The Batkilt
Side-Kick

The one thing from The Last Stand I was hoping Singer wouldn't ignore was Kelsey Grammer as Beast. I know it's being done in All New X-Men at the moment, but some interaction between young Beast and present day Beast would have been fun. Hell, Grammer being back as Beast itself would have been fun.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #89
Angamb
Banned User

too many great x-men to miss on this complex apocaliptic future

Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel, Gambit....

I love them all

Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #90
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post

Also Singer's X3 would have focused on wolverine, cyclops, jean, prof X, Mags and his brotherhood as well as Emma frost and the hellfire club. Storm was going to be little more than a cameo role. Singer wanted to right his wrongs with Scott but I guarantee if we had had Singer's X3 Storm would have been the character done the least justice in the movies and not Cyclops.
Exactly.

Little known fact: Fox wanted Halle to have a bigger role in X2 and X3 because she won an Oscar which means...bigger box office power for them (the studio). Revolutionary huh? LOL [/QUOTE]

Yes I don't know why people fail to understand that. There is no hidden agenda behind Halle being more famous and getting more to do as a character. You would think people would be happy that she wanted her character to be more akin to the comics and was passionate enough to at least try and do her justice. X3 Storm is the best representation of the warrior storm throughout the whole series and one of the few highlights of the film. At least Halle was able to do that for the character.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #91
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I disagree that X3 represented her in a positive way at all. No arial fights= not the Storm from the comics and she seemed way to militant the way she talked to Rogue about the cure?

If anything it hurt the film IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Damn right and I'm not believing this rumours about Halle Berry wanting more money or being a diva on set. Its just ridiculous to read and its probably not true.

Exactly!
TBH you don't know she wasn't being a "diva" any more than I know she was being one.

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 01-19-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #92
NanaT
X-Men United!

We make our assumption that she was not a diva because when we watch the BTS videos of the x-men movies. You see her interacting with everyone, being silly and smiling. She looks like she has fun on set and doesn't take herself too seriously. A diva would shut herself in her trailer and only interact with other people during filming. It's hard to believe this diva talk when you see that. Our judgment is informed by tha the opposing view is supported by newspaper headlines that could just be looking to sell news whether it is true or not. but you're right there is no way of knowing for sure.

Also I never said Storm was represented positively in X3 I said that WARRIOR Storm was represented best in X3. Storm imo has still not been done justice and even with X3's better representation it's no way near satisfactory. So I hope that if Storm is in DoFP they take more care with how she is portayed.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #93
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I agree with this and I'm not trying to say gossip is somehow gospel but it is strange how she constantly told news sources she wanted no part of X3 until Bryan dropped out as director. Whether there was tension or not is anyones guess but you have to admit it's odd.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #94
gkokujin
Side-Kick

does no one remember the video interview of her saying she wanted Storm to DO something, she wasn't happy with the way she was written and yes she said she wouldn't come back unless they gave her more to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #95
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Yep I remember that and Storm deserved to be the Black Widow of the X-Men but was totally mishandled by writers I truely believe though if she waited a bit Bryan would have got the character a bit more and given her just what she asked for.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #96
Filmboy
Banned User

With the way it's going, this is shaping out to be a big cluster high school reunion type movie.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #97
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Yep I remember that and Storm deserved to be the Black Widow of the X-Men but was totally mishandled by writers I truely believe though if she waited a bit Bryan would have got the character a bit more and given her just what she asked for.
Completely agree with you! Storm should have been the badass that Black Widow is in Avengers. She does take much screentime but when she's on screen she shines.

Maybe Bryan might have eventually worked on developing Storm but I think the problem was that Halle was getting a lot of scrutiny after her oscar win and had been criticised for only doing bit roles in comic book movies. They wanted her to do more dramas that showcased her acting.(esp. after Catwoman) I think Halle's compromise was to play a Storm but have her more ineresting and more pivotal to the story that she got to appear in a blockbuster movie but play a more serious and less silly (catwoman) character So she probably felt she couldn't wait. Let's just say she wanted to have her cake and eat it.

Like I said before if she is in DOFP I expect a much more better portrayal. I want a collaboration between Halle and Singer and all the other writers and producers. Storm doesn't need to be the lead in the film but she does need to have some importance and developed much more fully as a character.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #98
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
With the way it's going, this is shaping out to be a big cluster high school reunion type movie.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #99
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
TBH you don't know she wasn't being a "diva" any more than I know she was being one.
At least, I'm not the one here who are making up rumours just to prove a point.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #100
zanos
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I have been saying the first 2 X-men films especilly X2 weren't just WOlverine.When you do ensemble films you have to pick and chooce.

In X-Men you also had devolpment of Both Xavier and Magneto.Plus Rogue's story mirrored Wolverine.
In X2 not only you did you have wolveirne.You had Xavier and Magneto.Jean was more devolped than In X-men.You beefed up roles for both Iceman
and Pyro.Iceman and Rogue's relationship was major devolpment.You had min journey Of Pyro to Brotherhood.Stryker got devolpment right to be voice of antimutants In films.They did pretty well with Nightcrawler.

It's the last Stand where everything was screwed

If Bryan would have done third film he had plans to make up for underusing Cyclops.When you have 2 hours or less You don't have time to devote to everyone.
You mean it takes Bryan three films in order to develop a character? Understood.

Closed Thread