The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #551
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Thanks for the info man, I thought there must be some story to it. It does seem like a good choice of club for Pep and also like a club where he can hones his craft further before moving to the prem as he waits for the two old stagers to retire.
I have the feeling it's sort of a filler move until the opportunity comes for him to get the move he really wants. Bayern are already an excellent footballing team, and I reckon he'll only need 2-3 possible signings at most. It'll be interesting to see if he implements the 'tiki-taka' style there and how they take to it.

Quote:
I could see it, I wonder if Pep and Mourinho are destined to be the next United and Arsenal managers and are biding their time.
I've resigned myself to the fact that we will not replace Wenger when the time comes with an elite manager, but rather with an unknown and/or unproven entity, or someone internally.

Quote:
So he has signed for the rest of the season and next? That seems like merely putting off the inevitable, unless Walcott has found that there aren't has many hot to sign him as he thought.
Nah, he's signed a 3 and a half year deal. He's probably had a change of heart as his potential suitors seemingly had no intention of giving him the CF/ST role he so deeply craves. I'm just annoyed that we allowed, of all players, Flash Gump to bend us over and kneel to his and his entourage's demands, while allowing so many 'better' players to leave without a fight before him. It also annoys me that this dweeb is now the highest paid player at the club, when on current status if anyone should be, it's Wilshere.

I just hope we will still be looking for quality attacking additions rather than just making do with this guy now.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #552
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Just for fun, who's on your wishlist for your respected club?...

Here's mine:

Mats Hummels
Mario Götze
Edinson Cavani

Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #553
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Falcao
Arturo Vidal

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #554
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post

Here's mine:

Mats Hummels
Mario Götze
Edinson Cavani
Realistically:-

James Rodriguez or Douglas Costa
Kevin Strootman
Luka Modric

Unrealistically:-

Cristiano Ronaldo
Jack Wilshere
Manuel Neuer

Pretty much anyone that can help improve our midfield although to be fair, Anderson, Cleverley & Carrick have all looked good when they've played this season.. however I always can't help but think if we play any team with a strong passing midfield like Arsenal or Barcelona we can often find ourselves wanting in the middle of the park.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #555
bapi
Side-Kick

If I have to be realistic:

Koke
Deulofeu
Muriel

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #556
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Newcastle lose again! (at home to Reading)

Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #557
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
For United,

Wanyama/Strootman
A couple of wingers (preferably left)

Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #558
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
I have the feeling it's sort of a filler move until the opportunity comes for him to get the move he really wants. Bayern are already an excellent footballing team, and I reckon he'll only need 2-3 possible signings at most. It'll be interesting to see if he implements the 'tiki-taka' style there and how they take to it.
Bayern are well structured and efficiently run, I think they are an ideal club for him to broaden his managerial career and will work as a bridge between La Liga and The Prem.

Quote:

Here's mine:

Mats Hummels
Mario Götze
Edinson Cavani
Ronaldo
Gundogan
Vidal

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #559
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:

Here's mine:

Mats Hummels
Mario Götze
Edinson Cavani

Steve Morison
Graham Dorrans
Clint Hill
Darren Ferguson (Warnock out!)

Last edited by kit1982; 01-20-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #560
Hunter Rider
Ronin

That second half between Chelsea and Arsenal was entertaining, didn't see it coming given how completely Chelsea dominated the first half. Surely Ba starts the next game?

Not happy about Jones starting for us in midfield, he can be a headless chicken in there.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #561
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
That second half between Chelsea and Arsenal was entertaining, didn't see it coming given how completely Chelsea dominated the first half. Surely Ba starts the next game?

Not happy about Jones starting for us in midfield, he can be a headless chicken in there.
We don't have a single natural winger starting. It'll be 2-0 Spurs by the half.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #562
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

****ing morons, united messed around far to much in the second half. spurs deserved the point.

it just annoys me when united just let teams control the pace

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #563
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

He doesn't deserve the blame for the draw but once again, De Gea can't defend crosses for ****. Spurs deserved the point for their second half performance but man, can someone get De Gea a sandwich?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #564
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Spurs deserved their point as they were well on top in the second half. We lacked any real cutting edge and pretty much sank too deep as the game went on, with only one player that can run with the ball and dubious delivery in the final 3rd we never even had a shot on goal in the 2nd half, we should have had a penalty but there are bigger concerns with the performance IMO.

De Gea will be in the spotlight again, he actually made some good saves but should have held on to that last one, I also worry about Valencia, as soon as he came on we lost even the small amount of fluidity we had.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #565
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

united had a legit penalty claim on rooney but honestly after the one mid week against west ham i think it'll be a while before united get one

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #566
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Intersting picks guys.

@B: I wouldn't necessarily class Wilshere as a totally unrealistic target. If we carry on as we are and continue to regress, I wouldn't be surprised to see him auctioned off later on.

As for Arsenal today...oh gosh not that crap again..

Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #567
B
[insert witty comment]

Thought we were very poor today, couldn't hold onto the ball for extended periods or time & as a result it drove us deeper & deeper into our own half. That game was a mirror opposite of the Old Trafford game. Spurs deserved at least a point & had they been more clinical they could have comfortably beat us by 2 or 3 goals.

On the plus side we did take a point from a game we played badly, De Gea had a solid game but his punch at the death was a very poor punch. Really my feeling is if a keeper is going to punch the ball he needs to really punch it & go through anyone in his way to send it out of danger. Defensively we were more resilient than a brick wall as Spurs did manage to still create some decent chances.. we should have been better at exploiting counter attacking opportunities.

Quote:
Intersting picks guys.

@B: I wouldn't necessarily class Wilshere as a totally unrealistic target. If we carry on as we are and continue to regress, I wouldn't be surprised to see him auctioned off later on.

As for Arsenal today...oh gosh not that crap again..
Providing he is in the Arsenal team, remains injury free & carries on improving the future should be bright for Arsenal. Letting the likes of Adebayor, RVP, Toure, Clichy etc goto Premiership rivals is bad, however if Arsenal sold Wilshere to Manchester United, City or any other Premiership team it would trump the lot. Cazorla is a great midfielder, but given Wilshere's workrate, defensive capabilities & leadership qualities I think he's above even Cazorla who isn't exactly a regular Joe midfielder.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #568
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
You would think so, but I was utterly stunned that even Rafa gave him the nod again today. Maybe Roman liked his haircut so much he just had to see it in action. Well, see it at any rate. Wouldn't call much of what Torres did action at all (unless we count his falling down, giving the ball away, which led to Arsenal's goal...)

It's ridiculous...they have brought in a striker who has looked more effective in just a few games than Torres has for most of the season, but now that do they have that better option, Torres still gets the nod against one of our biggest rivals. Just as well we held on for the win, the fans would have gone ballistic if they threw it away again.

And I wasn't surprised that Arsenal dominated the 2nd half. That's par for the course with Rafa if we have the lead at half time.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #569
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Bayern are well structured and efficiently run, I think they are an ideal club for him to broaden his managerial career and will work as a bridge between La Liga and The Prem.
He's definitely young enough for plans like this to be a likely possibility. Wonder which Prem club he would choose. At Bayern we'll get a chance to see how good a manager he really is. Good luck to him anyhow.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #570
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Pretty disheartening result yesterday, hopefully it doesn't affect the mentality of the squad much.

I'm going to the FA Cup match against Fulham at the weekend for my birthday, hopefully it's a better result/more entertaining match then!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #571
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

good to see sturridge hit the ground running for us, and he has a good chance to make it 4 in 4 on the weekend, he is getting in places to poach goals, something I would argue we havent had a player doing since owen, he can turn on a 6 pence, and the understandng he alreay seems to have with Suarez is great, loved the way he let the ball run through him for Luis's goal

I actually missed our game as I went to the Watford match, which was a great game, Zola has them playing some really nice football at times, their fourth goal especially was a great display in footballing technique, could definately see them getting to the play offs this year, and possibly actually promotion

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #572
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Providing he is in the Arsenal team, remains injury free & carries on improving the future should be bright for Arsenal. Letting the likes of Adebayor, RVP, Toure, Clichy etc goto Premiership rivals is bad, however if Arsenal sold Wilshere to Manchester United, City or any other Premiership team it would trump the lot. Cazorla is a great midfielder, but given Wilshere's workrate, defensive capabilities & leadership qualities I think he's above even Cazorla who isn't exactly a regular Joe midfielder.
We'll see. I'm not too optimistic these days where Arsenal are concerned. You can see almost every time he is on the pitch, he's trying his hardest and his best to rally the other's together, but it is mostly to no avail.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #573
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Frank Lampard to replace David Beckham in Los Angeles:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/tr...xy-a-done-deal

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #574
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Juninho is coming back too. That midfield is going to be a force. Also, Donovan is coming back but not right away.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #575
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
You would think so, but I was utterly stunned that even Rafa gave him the nod again today. Maybe Roman liked his haircut so much he just had to see it in action. Well, see it at any rate. Wouldn't call much of what Torres did action at all (unless we count his falling down, giving the ball away, which led to Arsenal's goal...)

It's ridiculous...they have brought in a striker who has looked more effective in just a few games than Torres has for most of the season, but now that do they have that better option, Torres still gets the nod against one of our biggest rivals. Just as well we held on for the win, the fans would have gone ballistic if they threw it away again.

And I wasn't surprised that Arsenal dominated the 2nd half. That's par for the course with Rafa if we have the lead at half time.
Do you think the fans have taken to Ba as strongly as the response indicated on Sunday, or do you think the response was amplified by the fact the fans have ran out of patience with Torres?

I think Benitez is struggling to balance playing the type of football Roman wants and the type he prefers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
He's definitely young enough for plans like this to be a likely possibility. Wonder which Prem club he would choose. At Bayern we'll get a chance to see how good a manager he really is. Good luck to him anyhow.
It's going to be interesting to see, I don't think he'll try to transplant the Barca style as that is bred into the bulk of their team as kids, instead he's going to have to bring what he knows and evolve.

Closed Thread