Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #951
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Lol no. The Other is the only Other version of Kang we'll see because Kang killed off all the other doubles during his time travel and this one became the body of the being known as Chthon accidentally during the dawn of time. Who represents aspects of black magic and the dark matter side of physical existence. He accidentally became Mandarin's ancestor but this wouldn't be revealed until it's revealed he has been shepherding the timeline like Beyonder, and was running across time from beings from beyond time that want to see the universe destroyed. Would very much like to see Thanos do that.

He travels time too and looks for powerful leaders, kings, conquerors and Titans, as well other powerful entities to try to aid his cause which is the destruction of all matter... he's anti-matter, dark matter, spaces in between connected to the dark world, dark magic, and prophecy. basically he looks for powerful villains to make more villainous.

When he speaks to Loki on the astral plane that is going on within Yggdrasil, through the roots of the world tree. On the inside. Within Loki's mind. The Other version of him influences people from any time period, any space, and dragged Loki out of that black hole... and returned him to the universe, forcing him to serve a being he had never met from very far away.
The "space" scene where Loki talks to the Other is actually going on within Loki's head which is why it looks like his head hurts after, and The Other is very powerful ancient being who can only work through people or with people...

In theory it could possess a weaker mind, but can only interface with stronger minds and meet them on astral planes, one of Chthons abilities the Other gained when it travelled to the dawn of time and fractured Kang. Which caused a split in the realm of black magic and alerts Strange and Ian Mcnee.

And Thanos may not be a main villain in Avengers 2. And in GoTG more of an anti-hero working against the church of universal truth for half of GoTG before he betrays the team, and they find out he was using them to eliminate Magus when Warlock returns from a time pocket.

Thanos will most likely still be a part of phase 3.
This is what Feige had to say, I'm jumping ahead too much--the key would be everything, many of the subplots, culminating in phase 3, and many things not being revealed until things culminate in later films. "Part of a bigger world, they just don't know it yet" and may not find out about things, although many things will be planted along the way:
“There’s a great track record now about lobbing something in at the last moment to get the audience buzzing[...] Particularly when it came to Thanos, [we knew] that most people in that audience had no idea who that purple guy was — but they could clearly tell he was important, and knew if they asked the two or three people sitting next to them, somebody would know who he was.
“Clearly, there’s a purpose to us putting him in the end of that movie. We do have plans for him[...] I wouldn’t say we ever feel the need to rush anything one way or the other. We succeeded in Phase One because we stuck to our guns and stuck to the plan. That plan took place over many, many years and it ultimately paid off. I see Phase Two unfolding in the same way of us taking our time, us doing what’s right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three.”

http://screenrant.com/marvel-movies-...ase-two-three/

I'm working from the standpoint that there are some overall plans and things could go a few different ways and certain key parts have been put in place. While other things change or get shuffled forward like Wasp and the villain Whedon was talking about who wasn't Nebula but Nebula was supposed to be there with Thanos until the other came into the plan...

The Other has to be someone from the comics and has some sort of abilities that kind of hint at what he is. But Chthon is a red herring for those who may know the character and the Other name serves a dual purpose.
The Other also has to be important, he can't just be some random for them to have replaced Nebula with him very, very early on after the Zak Penn script was tossed.
I got your back LokiD

Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #952
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I got your back LokiD
Like I was saying over the messages there's things in place that could go either way. Some of it depends on Thanos's reception as a character and if people want more of the space stuff. It could be dealt with and done in Avengers 2. Or Thanos becomes a much bigger threat and continues in the movies...

So I keep bringing up the time travel but it's probably a less likely scenario and covering up for me not wanting to reveal plans about Thanos that I'm not allowed to say. Even over private I won't really talk about the gauntlet, and try to get away from that but I'll mention it because it's already been shown at comic con and we all know of its existence. factoring that into everything else would be too much, suffice to say it's time travel that puts the gauntlet in Nebula's hand so this might make that happen in a less deus ex machina way of doing some things by introducing it well before. Thanos could kill a lot of people... and Immortus can't do anything at first because time-travel will be in play--however Immortus lost the ability to travel time. All of his traveling was done between the past, far future, and with Magus/Korvak. It's in play but it's now a mcguffin that could be used against Thanos, but only if he gets the Gauntlet and can cause an untold amount of destruction before this... So I'm kind of saying everything could be building to something massive, and strongly hinting at what I "think" will happen with Thanos. Speculating other parts of much larger puzzle. Why ultron could be seen as the main villain in Avengers 2, or that the masters might even show up before we see anyone except Ultron/vision's network take on Thanos.. although there could still be some connections to whatever is going on with Thanos I wouldn't count too much on Thanos being the major physical threat in Avengers 2. There could be a chance they hold off on Thanos getting directly involved and there might be a chance Ultron will be in Avengers 2 whichever way they go.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-18-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #953
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I'm not going to shoot down your theories, LokiD.....they're "believable" enough in a comic book setting, but I just don't see the film universe getting that intricate and byzantine. After all, this needs to be a movie franchise that little kids can understand, as well as folks with no real background in comics at all. Throwing Kang and time travel into the mix ALWAYS muddles things up, even in the comics; in the MCU, alternate timelines and multiple personae and the like can quickly become unmanageable.

As for Thanos, I really don't see any way at all that Marvel would keep him in the background for the entirety of Phase II and wait at least three more years before paying off the tease from a 2012 movie. People want to know who the hell The Big Purple Guy is, and why he's supposed to be so scary, and what his role in the MCU is going to be. If they spend the next 4-5 movies just cameo-teasing him, general audiences are going to get tired of him and frankly bored with it all.

Thanos will definitely be front and center in Phase II. Starlin has already said specifically that he'll be in GOTG and Avengers 2, and I have no doubt that Thor TDW simply *can't* get around his big-ass purple frame, since he is the direct reason that events have come to a head at the start of the Thor sequel.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #954
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

If the things LokiD speculates don't happen can someone please make that movie/ tv series? I'd love to watch it haha.

Regardless of what happens over the course of Phase 2 I'm going to be happy. I can't think of any scenario that would make me less interested in any of the movies.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #955
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm not going to shoot down your theories, LokiD.....they're "believable" enough in a comic book setting, but I just don't see the film universe getting that intricate and byzantine. After all, this needs to be a movie franchise that little kids can understand, as well as folks with no real background in comics at all. Throwing Kang and time travel into the mix ALWAYS muddles things up, even in the comics; in the MCU, alternate timelines and multiple personae and the like can quickly become unmanageable.

As for Thanos, I really don't see any way at all that Marvel would keep him in the background for the entirety of Phase II and wait at least three more years before paying off the tease from a 2012 movie. People want to know who the hell The Big Purple Guy is, and why he's supposed to be so scary, and what his role in the MCU is going to be. If they spend the next 4-5 movies just cameo-teasing him, general audiences are going to get tired of him and frankly bored with it all.

Thanos will definitely be front and center in Phase II. Starlin has already said specifically that he'll be in GOTG and Avengers 2, and I have no doubt that Thor TDW simply *can't* get around his big-ass purple frame, since he is the direct reason that events have come to a head at the start of the Thor sequel.
In spoilers just to shorten it
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Like I've been hinting I don't really know all the ways that it works, mostly just the names and modus operandis that are used if characters are selected.. Going back to the stuff about the Other, I totally believe the Other is working with Thanos until the very end and he does a lot of dirty work for Thanos, but also has his own goals through the dark side of matter. when he needs to retrieve items from distant locations he can travel through blackholes and anti-matter. I think the Other can enter Asgard now through the Tesseract or the Darkhold, but Thanos can't. Some of the negative energy within the tesseract comes from within reality, within the hypercube. And selvig talking about anti-protons in Avengers reveals its link to certain entities that dwell in the dark, inner and lower parts of the world tree connected to the dark world above and certain forms of magic that leave Malekith with a representation of the hidden negative, dark matter/anti-matter side of existence and black magic.. As the being from the dawn of time "The Other" has become the creator of black magic-- which will bring Strange into this in some way.

And we'll find out the Other is partially a demonic/magical being that Thanos utilizes for various purposes. But his own goals involve helping Malekith distract the Asgardians to retrieve a source of power from Asgard. In my theory we start to see how much of a threat the Other is before Thanos shows up personally in Avengers 2. The Other wouldn't be in GoTG but he would be in Thor 2. I know people really want to see Thanos have a major part in GoTG and Avengers 2. The thing about this Thanos is he even sometimes plays the hero representing his solo series from the comics. Thanos is sometimes an anti-villain and we may see this represented in GoTG. At one point a long time ago someone brought up a Thanos solo movie--but the basic idea has been folded into GoTG. In GoTG he's not really the main villain. I think part of Feige saying they may take their time relates to a lot of twists and turns with Thanos. Because initially he has control of a vast section of the Galaxy being challenged by the Church, and starts out as a Titan who some of the other galactic powers sided with over the Universal Church who was imprisoning many people. So in GoTG it's almost like the church seems worse than Thanos at first, and the intergalactic excons are on the run from other powers of the Galaxy when they first meet Thanos.

Now this means it's even likelier that he will be a main villain in Avengers 2. But I don't think he's the only villain.
I just think Thanos is the biggest piece of the puzzle and will have about as many starring appearances as Loki and Ultron by the end. If thanos stays alive in Avengers 2 we may actually see the gauntlet in phase 3... By far the main villains of the series would be these three who are planned to appear in multiple movies.
I think right now the Other is coming for Loki and was exaggerating a little. Thanos does know where he is, although I think Thanos can't enter Asgard. He can hide from Thanos in Asgard, however the Other can enter anywhere from the dark matter side of reality. So Thanos does make good on his promise but has to send his minion. He can still track down loki anywhere via this being who created black magic/dark energy in the ancient past. Scattering the Darkhold and leaving pieces of it in different realms.
And has left part of the darkhold with Malakith so he can get to the dark world easily, through blackwholes and anti/dark matter-- demonic energies.

Either way Thanos would appear in Avengers 2, I'm not saying he won't or won't be important, although his significance in Avengers 2 can be increased or decreased depending on a few factors + whoever else they use as lesser villains in that movie. The prob is the whole team can't take on Thanos one on one and some sort of other threat needs to appear to keep the less powerful Avengers busy. One more villain will seen taking Thanos's side but depending who that is Sterns, or Ultron-- it may change the ending for Thanos. In short I think they could even go half and half. Or Thanos would either return again after the second movie, or be stopped in the second movie and possibly never get the gauntlet in favor of a Masters of Evil avengers 3. Let's say they do drive Thanos back and Ultron is sort of covered instead for the first time as a main villain, while Thanos steps back into the background. Ultron would be covered and Thanos can be a returning/main threat for the entire series.

Certain things are there for much later. Thanos needs to be followed up on in some way in Avengers 2.
E.g. The Atlantis easter egg on the map in IM2 and Oracle being present at the Expo. There are plans for where this will lead, but the Atlantis references placed in IM2 may not be followed up on for a number of years, because they're significantly more throwaway than Thanos. There are definite plans for a Namor movie, but now it's far on the back burners.

Things like clues leading to Atlantis have been planted with no real plan in mind, while other things are a little less throwaway... However, there was a loose plan to work towards Namor at one point. They did want to use him, they just didn't know as much about how they want to use him as they do Thanos and characters they will need and don't want to skip like Strange and Black Panther, who take more priority now. Namor is extremely low priority in the grand scheme of things, however things are in place to pick up and expand on that map behind Fury in IM2, should they need a last minute direction for another phase 3 movie. it's like they allow for many things to change, while still following a general plan, to not force too much on individual directors...

These are things Shield does know about at this point, but the characters and audience don't. Like Atlantis.
In the trailer Mandarin seems to be calling out Shield. He mentions them by name.
He may know a lot about Shield and other things that are here mainly as hints of what's to come.
And now with the way things are planned we may not even have a chance to see much Namor unless he gets a solo movie after phase 3.
Certain characters like Black Panther and Strange will be included in this at all costs. Even miss marvel has a better chance at showing up in the movies now over Namor-- with the TV show and everything else in place any character could really show up. But Miss Marvel is higher on their list than Namor originally was because plans change, and sometimes they plan for things to change.

They dropped a lot of the loose plan for Namor because they're working towards something bigger than using Namor in a movie. As things changed and grew the plan for Namor to have his own movie has been pushed way back. Even the Inhumans might have to wait. .
This doesn't mean Atlantis was referenced for nothing, just that we might not even see it until the very end or even after phase 3.

Certain pieces are as interchangeable as the iron assemblers but will still fit the overall design. Certain things that are planned can be moved around or pushed further down the line, but with Thanos he has to be there in some capacity in Avengers 2...

"The evil Elder God known as Chthon put into writing all his evil works and spells. It remained as the Darkhold after most of the Elder Gods were slain by the Demogorge. (Chthon and Set both managed to escape, but each were later banished to other dimensions.) [ Substitute Set with Surtur in some ways + parts of when Surtur was imprisoned within the earth...] Originally a collection of parchments, often refered to as the Cthon Scrolls, the pages were later bound together into a tome as "the Darkhold." Also called the Shiatra Book of the Damned, or The Book of Sins, the Darkhold has served as the source for other spellbooks, such as the Necronomicon. The pages of the Darkhold are enchanted as to be indestructible, so that they may always serve as a conduit to the Earth-Realm for Cthon's influence and power.
Humans first found the Darkhold during the Pre-Cataclysmic Era , when the lands of Atlantis and Lemuria were still above the waves."
So a lot of Thor would be about black magic and some of the rumors about Strange aren't entirely true, although there was a plan at one point. I honestly don't know if they're still following this but a lot of it would have to do with black magic. We'd be meant to think this is just Chthon for now and that the ancient/time elements & stone henge in Thor 2 don't have anything to do with time until a lot is revealed in subsequent films. This would mean Thor 2 would be exploring the dark magic connection and its connection to the dark elves, ancient earth looking warriors seen in battle in Thor 2 pics, the prime meridian, stone henge etc. Thanos doesn't know his minion is playing many of the villains and even met Surtur at the dawn of time. The Other may be much more dangerous than Thanos, and on equal footing with Surtur in intent/purpose (not powerwise). We'd slowly find out that his goal is the absolute destruction of all matter. He'll influence anyone he can and wants Thanos or Surtur to destroy the universe. his only purpose is to be able to talk to some of the major villains and possibly a backup plan for masters of evil to go forward should Thanos die in Avngers 2... He wants to destroy the universe by any means necessary and works from beyond material existence to return it to the state it was in before the dawn of time.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #956
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

OH god here we go again more essays, that lead to nothing.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #957
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
don' t worry. only few weeks until the super bowl and a new trailer which will stop this nonsense fan fics for a while

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #958
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
don' t worry. only few weeks until the super bowl and a new trailer which will stop this nonsense fan fics for a while
Hopefully.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #959
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hopefully.
Its a cylce, from the first theatrical trailer to superbowl there the drought period for info so speculation is the only thing left....

Old 01-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #960
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Jesus, I avoid this thread for 2 weeks, come back and it's the same ridiculous crap.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #961
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

ohh guys lol. He's just having some fun discussing and making some REALLY obscure speculations based on the character plans he CLAIMS to know. He's flat out said all this stuff is just speculation on his part, he's not claiming it to be true. However, even that is still too much for ironman speculation.

LokiD, this is the Ironman 3 thread, so if you are going to speculate like this, you should really try to keep it just to the Ironman 3 things. And put all this stuff regarding the other, thanos, IG, etc in the avengers sequels forum.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #962
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
ohh guys lol. He's just having some fun discussing and making some REALLY obscure speculations based on the character plans he CLAIMS to know. He's flat out said all this stuff is just speculation on his part, he's not claiming it to be true. However, even that is still too much for ironman speculation.

LokiD, this is the Ironman 3 thread, so if you are going to speculate like this, you should really try to keep it just to the Ironman 3 things. And put all this stuff regarding the other, thanos, IG, etc in the avengers sequels forum.
this is why MCU (as a whole) speculation, really needs another thread.. one where people can discuss all the speculation for interweaving storylines that connect the universe together. I don't personally think this thread is the right place for it.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 01-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #963
UnionJack

Quote:

I thought he had a "source" inside Marvel feeding him all the bs?!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #964
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

There should be an MCU thread, I remember making one a while back

Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #965
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Jesus, I avoid this thread for 2 weeks, come back and it's the same ridiculous crap.

I don't understand why people in the "news and speculation" thread are getting all butthurt because one person is actually speculating while you guys are doing nothing? At least he's having a little fun and trying to piece together the things he knows in a reasonably interesting way, even if you don't believe him, his posts are still good reads.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #966
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
this is why MCU (as a whole) speculation, really needs another thread.. one where people can discuss all the speculation for interweaving storylines that connect the universe together. I don't personally think this thread is the right place for it.
RISE!! RISE I SAY!!!! BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!!

ゴジラ
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #967
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Quote:
Hopefully.
I'm gonna have to strongly agree with these guys.

Did anyone even see the new toy photos or the other posts Marvel Freshmen posted during the college essay wave?! Jeez

Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #968
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3 filming scenes Monday night in Hollywood
Quote:
It is going to be an exciting weekend here at the Hollywood Orchid Suites as ‘Iron Man 3′ is filming additional scenes in Hollywood on January 21, 2013. Film crews plan to shoot wide-angled shots from cranes positioned high overhead “to capture the full scope, color and liveliness of Hollywood" while they “blow up” Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. There will be flashes of light, debris being propelled out of the courtyard towards the street and about 30 cars driving by with obligatory fender benders. The shoot will cause street closures on Hollywood Blvd., between Highland Ave. and Orange Dr., Highland Ave. and McCadden Pl., beginning on Monday, January 21, 7:00 p.m. through Tuesday, January 22, 4:00 a.m. and possible increased noise from generators, cranes, film crews, etc.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #969
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Dry Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Iron Man 3 filming scenes Monday night in Hollywood
you'd think hollywood would be steering clear of cinema-related violence in movies.

ps. this is cynical of me but i hope all this china focus is for the good of the story and not to just boost foreign market share in marvel's biggest movie franchise after the avengers...

Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #970
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I really don't think that has anything to do with it

Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #971
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

it probably has something to do with it lol. china has a big population so there is a big opportunity there.

ps. i wonder how much of the script is shane black's as opposed to drew pearce's.. hmm.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #972
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

There is no evidence to support the idea that a Chinese audience will see a movie because part of it is set in China and Marvel most definitely wouldn't sacrifice story to crowbar in a reference for ONE country. That's not cynical thinking, just ignorance. Not being hostile here either, just blunt.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #973
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

All good, im not saying it will be shoehorned in, just that there is likely an added bonus of having the china-focus in there. no reason that they can't have their cake and eat it too. as for lack of evidence, this might be a pilot study of sorts for marvel. i guess the numbers will speak for themselves either way when it comes out in asian markets.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #974
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

After Avengers, the fact that its Iron Man would have more if an effect than the mention of China.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #975
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

what is going on lol