The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #701
Panthro
Catman Begins

Default Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 5

I heard the rest of season 2 was due on DVD on February 19th, 2013 - with Black Widow and Ms. Marvel featured on the cover.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #702
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

thanks, i cheked amzon to find vol.6's release date without sucsess

Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #703
strugler
Hadoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dman27 View Post
thanks, i cheked amzon to find vol.6's release date without sucsess

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/11/...oming-to-dvds/

strugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #704
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

So I managed to finish watching this series and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. It was a very well crafted show, the characterization, the storylines, they were so great. Though the ending with Galactus was great, it falled short in comparison to other episodes. It is a shame that it got cancelled in favor of a new Avengers show, which from my understanding will have little to do with this series.

Just like with the Spectacular Spider-Man I find myself kinda dissappointed, but at least they were able to get an ending of sorts. I would have liked to see the Ragnarock event that was foreshadowed.

It was just so much fun. I'll miss this series.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #705
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

so will i

Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #706
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
So I managed to finish watching this series and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. It was a very well crafted show, the characterization, the storylines, they were so great. Though the ending with Galactus was great, it falled short in comparison to other episodes. It is a shame that it got cancelled in favor of a new Avengers show, which from my understanding will have little to do with this series.

Just like with the Spectacular Spider-Man I find myself kinda dissappointed, but at least they were able to get an ending of sorts. I would have liked to see the Ragnarock event that was foreshadowed.

It was just so much fun. I'll miss this series.
I agree. The Galactus episode felt like it was done just to end the series. I just came to say that this series is absolutely fantastic! The animation is it's own unique blocky style that's on par with JLU imo. The stories were mature and fun at the same time.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #707
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I'm a bit late to the show but I finally managed to sit down and watch the entire first season.

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. I'm already saddened that this show got cancelled. Everything about it is great and it is very faithful to the 616 comics but manages to incorporate stuff from the MCU and from the Ultimate universe into it as well. It has everything I wish an Avengers cartoon to have. Great characters fully developed, story arcs going throughout the season with side stuff being built up on the side, references to the Marvel universe, members joining as the show progresses, faithfulness to the comics, etc. I heard some people say this is Marvel's best cartoon so far. I personally feel that The Spectacular Spider-Man is just a bit better but this show is a close second, and I mean a very close second. If season 2 turns out being just as good or even better than season 1 for me (and I have a feeling it will from what they've set up), then it might become Marvel's best cartoon thus far, at least in my opinion.

Every Avenger is well developed, faithful to the comics, and has their own moments of shining. The voice acting is absolutely fantastic and the characters sound exactly like how I imagined them to sound like - Captain America being the best of the best. I absolutely loved Captain America's voice in this and feel like this is the voice he should always have. I can't exactly describe what it is that makes his voice seem so perfect. The only thing I can say is that whenever I hear him talk, I hear a man that sounds exactly like a confident war veteran & natural leader pulled straight out of the WWII era.

Despite me saying earlier that every Avenger is handled perfectly, there is one Avenger that I have two problems with and that Avenger is Iron Man.There is one voice actor I didn't really like in the show and that was Iron Man's voice actor. The VA tries way too hard to impersonate Robert Downey Jr and it just doesn't work. He only sounds exactly like RDJ about 25% of the time and for the other 75% of the time, he sounds like a really annoying and whiny version of RDJ. It took me until the first episode with Kang to used to his voice and although I am completely used to it by now, I still wish they would've gave Iron Man an unique original voice as opposed to trying to make him sound like RDJ and not doing a good job at it most of the time. The second problem I have with Iron Man is the lack of a story/rogues' gallery for him. Every major Avenger (the major Avengers being Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor) got a story in this season where the Avenger at hand had to fight/save/lead the rest of the team against their own rogues' gallery. Hulk got a story with the Leader and other gamma ray villains, Thor got a story with Loki at the end, and Cap got a story with both HYDRA and with Kang (who is kinda a Captain America villain in this show). How come there was no story with Iron Man's villains especially since he is the most popular Avenger on the show? That hurts the character a bit IMO. And yes, I know there Iron Man villains like Living Laser and Crimson Dynamo in season 1 but I'm talking about a story arc where the main villain is an Iron Man villain battling the Avengers. Heck, even Ant-Man got a story arc where he got to fight his own villain (the Ultron stuff). But other than that, Iron Man is very well done but I do hope he gets a story arc where he and the Avengers fight the Mandarin or something in season 2.

Those two complaints I have about Iron Man are really my only 2 complaints about the show. That and I thought the final fight with Loki at the end was a bit underwhelming - I didn't like how they defeated him. But other than that, this is a very solid show and just like The Spectacular Spider-Man, it proves that Marvel is capable of doing an animated series with the same level of quality that DC puts into their shows. I look forward to making some time to watch season 2.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #708
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Man, season 2 is the greatest. You're in for an adventure.

Last edited by spidermanJLA!~; 01-19-2013 at 10:57 PM.
spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #709
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

Sad that after two great seasons of EMH, we'll probably get something on par with USM's puerile crap. I hope they all fail miserably and actual talent is brought in to oversee these shows..

Old 01-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #710
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Man, season is the greatest. Your in for an adventure.
Does Iron Man get a story like Hulk, Cap, and Thor did in season 1? Him being the only major Avenger to lack one really bugged me.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #711
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Does Iron Man get a story like Hulk, Cap, and Thor did in season 1? Him being the only major Avenger to lack one really bugged me.
Yeah, mainly centered around the Secret Invasion.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #712
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Sad that after two great seasons of EMH, we'll probably get something on par with USM's puerile crap. I hope they all fail miserably and actual talent is brought in to oversee these shows..
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the new Avengers show set in USM's universe.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #713
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

A lot of the crew that worked on Earth's Mightiest Heroes is also working on Avengers Assemble.

Chris Yost and Josh Fine didn't make the show by themselves. Other people worked on it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #714
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Is Black Widow in Avengers Assemble going to look like her comic design (hair and face wise) or is she going to have Scarlett Johansson's likeness and hairstyle?

I would've thought they'd get Eric Loomis for Iron Man again (to do his RDJ impression) since it's based on the movies. Instead they get Adrian Pasdar. Not that I'm complaining, but it just seems a little odd.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #715
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the new Avengers show set in USM's universe.
Its set in USM's universe?!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #716
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Most likely.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #717
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I don't think it will be.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #718
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Is it in USM's universe? I thought Hulk and the agents of S.M.A.S.H is set there (or at least is similar in tone). Avengers Assemble is meant to be more adult in tone. The USM universe is a broad term anyway, since that could be said to be set in the MCU. So saying it's set in the same universe might be really just saying it's set in the MCU, which is what I thought Avengers Assemble was supposed to be in the first place.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #719
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's not set in the MCU, it's just made to look similar since the smart thing to do when you have a gigantic success like the movie is to make a show that looks like the movie.

- CM Punk
Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #720
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Not fully sure if it will be set in the USM universe but it will most likely be, if not set in the same universe with USM, then very similar to USM in terms of style and tone. At least based on everything we heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is it in USM's universe? I thought Hulk and the agents of S.M.A.S.H is set there (or at least is similar in tone). Avengers Assemble is meant to be more adult in tone. The USM universe is a broad term anyway, since that could be said to be set in the MCU. So saying it's set in the same universe might be really just saying it's set in the MCU, which is what I thought Avengers Assemble was supposed to be in the first place.
Just imagining that statement being true is a nightmare .

Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #721
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Edit

Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #722
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

isthr any word on the premire date?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #723
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It's not set in the MCU, it's just made to look similar since the smart thing to do when you have a gigantic success like the movie is to make a show that looks like the movie.
are you implying that the other show didn't look like the movie?

Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #724
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really want to see a promo for this. I seriously hope it's not going to be as silly as USM.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #725
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
are you implying that the other show didn't look like the movie?
In some aspects but the show was being developed long before the movie started production. Now with the huge success of the movie they need a show that looks similar.

- CM Punk