The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #101
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Is that a landscape style poster or is that on one of those televisions?

I've seen the teaser poster as above multiple times in the theater and the Superman in Cuffs poster once.
I'm assuming its the landscape version of the poster, I bought that exact same one off ebay, it's huuuuge. I think framing it would cost well over 60 so I might just blue tack it to my wall

Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #102
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Look what i saw at my local cinema please excuse the bad image quality ****** camera on my phone

Its crazy how excited I got just for that haha

Also I've decided that at the start of June I am to grow my beard and I won't shave it until I've seen the movie.
Haha Great idea. I'll join in too. Mine won't get to Clark length in that time but I'm going to try.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #103
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Is that a landscape style poster or is that on one of those televisions?

I've seen the teaser poster as above multiple times in the theater and the Superman in Cuffs poster once.
It's just a poster in a frame at the cinema so yeah landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Haha Great idea. I'll join in too. Mine won't get to Clark length in that time but I'm going to try.
Not sure mine will either ha ha but I can at least have it the length he has it when he asks "where do I come from?"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 01-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #104
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

A few days ago, a member on here asked me to replay a few questions to YB. Well, he responded, if anyone cares.
I have several more questions
to Ybnormal21 on Fri Jan 18 2013 14:02:53
1. What makes Clark put on the Superman suit and debut onto the public scene to begin with?

2. What's Superman's first big rescue while wearing the suit?

3. How is the Superman/Lois relationship was portrayed/developed; maybe a bit of info on how it's shown on screen if possible.

4. Do we get a scene where people finally cheer Superman in a Superman Returns Baseball Stadium scale?

5. Is Superman shown being the type of hero that does things because he's good and not because he's feels like he's forced to?

6. Is Superman revealing himself to the world a response to the chaos Zod is causing, or is it simply because he's finally decided to embrace his destiny?

7. PLEASE squeeze that "twist" ending out of him!!

8. Ask him if he remembers any specific lines of dialogue from the movie that are not in any of the trailers. Does Michael Shannon say "Do you realize the universe is constantly shrinking, Superman?"

9. Does Jor-El send any holograms with Kal-El that teaches him his heritage similar to "Superman: The Movie"?

Here's his reply:
Answers
by Ybnormal21 on Sat Jan 19 2013 17:07:24

1. He realizes that he needs to use his powers for the good of man kind. He was giving a gift and put her for a reason and through a speech with jor-el and after learning of his heritage he decides to do just that. I don't think there's a specific scene where he has to suit up because the world is in danger.

2. A truck driver loses control of his truck and crashes into a bridge and superman has to lift the truck (eighteen wheeler) back on to the bridge. That is the first rescue scene, but it is followed by a montage of different rescues.

3. All he said was that they handled it well. There isn't as much joking at Clark's expense as in other movies. Clark is more shy and reserved as opposed to the bumbling idiot. Lois is attracted to him from the start, that is made obvious, and its even before she finds out that he is superman. He also said that they share two kisses in the movie.

4. Yes. On the bridge after he rescues the truck and pulls the door off its hinges to let out the truck driver (the door is smashed shut) the driver is so relieved to be alive that he embraces superman with a big hug not even questioning why this man was flying or lifting an eighteen wheeler(it's handled in a humors manner) the people on the bridge have gotten out of there cars to look at this with amazement and everyone claps and cheers the rescue. Pictures are being taken and videos with their phones as well.

5. He does what he does because he genuinely wants to help people. He has great love and admiration for humans. He even tells the service men in one scene that their his heroes and that he looks up to them.. It's worded better I am paraphrasing.

6. He's embraced his destiny. His big revel is before zod starts causing destruction.

7. I'm working on the twist. There's more to it than I thought. I will tell you soon.

8. I didn't have time to get specific scenes of dialogue, but I asked him about that line and he confirmed that yes there was a scene on top on the daily planet building where zod is informing superman of who he is and why he's here and something along those lines where said.

9. There are hologram messages when he first finds his ship. In the fortress later in the movie jor-el talks to him in more of question and answer fashion. Clark ask him questions about where he comes from and the limits to his abilities, things like that, and jor-el answers him.

I will read over the other messages to see what I've missed and ill also ask for specific dialogue next time I speak to him. He's becoming very suspicious so the next convo with him maybe my last.

Also there will be a 30 second spot with the Super Bowl and I hope that can prove something to everything as I don't think that's been announced yet.

I also asked him about supermans first flight and he says that the first time he's shown flying it takes place before he becomes superman. There is no gimmicks with the suit. He draws his power from a yellow sun like in the comics.

Please keep in mind I'm getting this stuff from someone else in a rushed phone conversation and I'm doing the best I can with all the discriptions and that trust me its a lot better on screen. He reaffirmed that to me a few times.. It looks better than it sounds its an awesome movie.
So there you have it.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #105
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
A few days ago, a member on here asked me to replay a few questions to YB. Well, he responded, if anyone cares.
1. What makes Clark put on the Superman suit and debut onto the public scene to begin with?

3. How is the Superman/Lois relationship was portrayed/developed; maybe a bit of info on how it's shown on screen if possible.

4. Do we get a scene where people finally cheer Superman in a Superman Returns Baseball Stadium scale?

5. Is Superman shown being the type of hero that does things because he's good and not because he's feels like he's forced to?

6. Is Superman revealing himself to the world a response to the chaos Zod is causing, or is it simply because he's finally decided to embrace his destiny?

8. Ask him if he remembers any specific lines of dialogue from the movie that are not in any of the trailers. Does Michael Shannon say "Do you realize the universe is constantly shrinking, Superman?"

9. Does Jor-El send any holograms with Kal-El that teaches him his heritage similar to "Superman: The Movie"?

Here's his reply:
Answers

1. He realizes that he needs to use his powers for the good of man kind. He was giving a gift and put her for a reason and through a speech with jor-el and after learning of his heritage he decides to do just that. I don't think there's a specific scene where he has to suit up because the world is in danger.

2. A truck driver loses control of his truck and crashes into a bridge and superman has to lift the truck (eighteen wheeler) back on to the bridge. That is the first rescue scene, but it is followed by a montage of different rescues.

3. All he said was that they handled it well. There isn't as much joking at Clark's expense as in other movies. Clark is more shy and reserved as opposed to the bumbling idiot. Lois is attracted to him from the start, that is made obvious, and its even before she finds out that he is superman. He also said that they share two kisses in the movie.

4. Yes. On the bridge after he rescues the truck and pulls the door off its hinges to let out the truck driver (the door is smashed shut) the driver is so relieved to be alive that he embraces superman with a big hug not even questioning why this man was flying or lifting an eighteen wheeler(it's handled in a humors manner) the people on the bridge have gotten out of there cars to look at this with amazement and everyone claps and cheers the rescue. Pictures are being taken and videos with their phones as well.

5. He does what he does because he genuinely wants to help people. He has great love and admiration for humans. He even tells the service men in one scene that their his heroes and that he looks up to them.. It's worded better I am paraphrasing.

6. He's embraced his destiny. His big revel is before zod starts causing destruction.

7. I'm working on the twist. There's more to it than I thought. I will tell you soon.

8. I didn't have time to get specific scenes of dialogue, but I asked him about that line and he confirmed that yes there was a scene on top on the daily planet building where zod is informing superman of who he is and why he's here and something along those lines where said.

9. There are hologram messages when he first finds his ship. In the fortress later in the movie jor-el talks to him in more of question and answer fashion. Clark ask him questions about where he comes from and the limits to his abilities, things like that, and jor-el answers him.

I will read over the other messages to see what I've missed and ill also ask for specific dialogue next time I speak to him. He's becoming very suspicious so the next convo with him maybe my last.

Also there will be a 30 second spot with the Super Bowl and I hope that can prove something to everything as I don't think that's been announced yet.

I also asked him about supermans first flight and he says that the first time he's shown flying it takes place before he becomes superman. There is no gimmicks with the suit. He draws his power from a yellow sun like in the comics.

Please keep in mind I'm getting this stuff from someone else in a rushed phone conversation and I'm doing the best I can with all the discriptions and that trust me its a lot better on screen. He reaffirmed that to me a few times.. It looks better than it sounds its an awesome movie.
So there you have it.
I love the sound if that but I'm very doubtful that this guy is genuine.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #106
sup101
Side-Kick

I like the way that sound.He said he created an imdb account just to post the spoilers.Why would someone waste time to create an imdb account just to post fake spoiler?

What would he gain?Nothing I would guess.Unless he get a kick out of trolling.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #107
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
I like the way that sound.He said he created an imdb account just to post the spoilers.Why would someone waste time to create an imdb account just to post fake spoiler?

What would he gain?Nothing I would guess.Unless he get a kick out of trolling.
Hmm it does raise a lot of questions. If he's truthful then he must want to just share the knowledge, I know I would but if he's lying he's obviously just getting a kick out if bulls***ing us.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #108
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I hate it, and dont believe it for a second, simply because of how uninspiring and generic it sounds. Stop believing everything you read, please..

Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #109
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Well YB said there was going to be a 30 second SuperBowl spot. So if such a tv spot doesn't happen, we know he's a flat out fake.

Personally, i really don't believe this guy. But i have been wrong before ( trailer description)

Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #110
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Here's his reply:
Answers

So there you have it.
That's everything you could want from a first Superman movie. If this is all true, they really nailed it.

About number 4:

Quote:

Could this set pic be related?

Also, number 4 seems like it might be related to the legit scene description from a few months back:

Quote:
The former was Clark Kent grabbing a truck with a crying man inside of it while flying through the middle of a tornado. It looked incredible. Henry Cavill can fly, and he can hold a truck in one arm. Zack Snyder brings his usual visual flair, but somehow is still unlike anything he has made before. It felt like a Superman comic. Real heroism.

The problem is that the description mentions that
he's Clark Kent and this truck save is during a tornado(presumably the same one that Jonathan dies in). Number 4 makes it seem like he's Superman at this point, and most likely after the tornado. But how many truck saves can there be in one movie?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #111
sup101
Side-Kick

Yea that trailer description make you stop and think.Everybody thought that was fake especially with pa kent saying maybe he should have let them die.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #112
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
I wonder how many minions Zod brings with him since there are two ships landing on the Kent farm.
I don't know but i'd bet real money brainiac will somehow figure into that...maybe he hitched a ride or follows the ships later on...

Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #113
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Yea that trailer description make you stop and think.Everybody thought that was fake especially with pa kent saying maybe he should have let them die.
Yeah it really has stuff tat sounds fake isn't always fake but I guess it's a wait and see.

Quote:
Well YB said there was going to be a 30 second SuperBowl spot. So if such a tv spot doesn't happen, we know he's a flat out fake.

Personally, i really don't believe this guy. But i have been wrong before ( trailer description)
I'm very doubtful but due to the trailer thing I'm a little less sure

Yeah guess you're right if there's a Superbowl spot we still won't know if he's lying but if there int one we know for sure he is

Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #114
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Look what i saw at my local cinema please excuse the bad image quality ****** camera on my phone

Its crazy how excited I got just for that haha

Also I've decided that at the start of June I am to grow my beard and I won't shave it until I've seen the movie.

you call that excitement, I went to see "The Last Stand" today, saw the Man Of Steel poster finally on the wall.........I ****ing yelled right there in the theater ppl are looking "wtf is wrong with him", I'm there pointing at the poster, they still dont get it, I do the shirt rip cause I have Superman T-Shirt on, curse cause I've now literally ripped my shirt and its cold outside

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #115
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That's everything you could want from a first Superman movie. If this is all true, they really nailed it.

About number 4:

Could this set pic be related?

Also, number 4 seems like it might be related to the legit scene description from a few months back:

The problem is that the description mentions that
he's Clark Kent and this truck save is during a tornado(presumably the same one that Jonathan dies in). Number 4 makes it seem like he's Superman at this point, and most likely after the tornado. But how many truck saves can there be in one movie?
So what's the story on this guy? Does he supposedly know someone involved with the production/post production or something? Sorry, I'm a little late to the show.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #116
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So what's the story on this guy? Does he supposedly know someone involved with the production/post production or something? Sorry, I'm a little late to the show.

I think he recently saw a rough cut of the film or something.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #117
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think he recently saw a rough cut of the film or something.
Oh to be a fly on the wall in that viewing room.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #118
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Oh to be a fly on the wall in that viewing room.
I'd love it, but at the same time I want to see the movie for the first time with finished effects and a complete score(if it doesn't have one now).

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #119
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:

Here's his reply:
Answers

So there you have it.
Well groovy. Regardless if it's true or not the "spoilers" he's offered up have sparked some discussion which we need given some dry spells of new news/photos/footage.

I suppose the presence of a Super Bowl spot could validate him but then I still think if WB doesn't have one they'd be absolutely bonkers.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #120
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
That it's likely fake.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #121
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

The info provided yesterday is fake. But the good news is, it's a lot better than that. Gave the info to a friend of a friend that's involved in marketing that has access to the script.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #122
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

And how do we know we can trust you, kind sir?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #123
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
And how do we know we can trust you, kind sir?
Because he's Joss Whedon.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #124
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Because he's Joss Whedon.
Wouldn't that be a reason not to trust him? What with all them dead characters?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #125
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Wouldn't that be a reason not to trust him? What with all them dead characters?

Closed Thread