The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

View Poll Results: The Best Super hero Origin Movie ?
Batman Begins 42 56.00%
Captain America 5 6.67%
Iron Man 9 12.00%
Spider Man 5 6.67%
Superman The Movie 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #276
RustyCage
Come what may..

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I thought that scene was memorable for its (unintentional) humor than any display of explosive rage? It was like the "WHERE"S THE TRIGGA???" of BB.
Nonsense, they're not even comparable in delivery. It was threatening and smooth in Begins. The voice collapsed in quality once the suit changed in TDK. Judging by his often gaspy expression since, I'm guessing the new suit made it difficult for him to breathe or speak clearly.

In Begins though? It was mostly awesome, or at least 'fine'.

But we can ping pong personal preferences all day without establishing a factual argumentative point.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #277
RustyCage
Come what may..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
To me, the strongest origin movies are (in no particular order)...

Batman Begins
Iron Man
The Amazing Spider-man (although I know a lot of people will disagree with me on that one).
Psst.. don't worry, you're not alone.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #278
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Bale I'm Batman> Anything Iron man said or did. The scene where Batman is interrogating Flass was brilliant. Is that enough emotion for you? When it comes to supporting characters, was Potts better than Gordon? Falcone was more intimidating than Stane and he was the third villain behind ras and scarecrow.
You say that Bale's "I'm Batman" was better than RDJ's dialogue in Iron Man. And yet, in another thread, you say that Bale is overrated as an actor.

So, which is it? You can't have it both ways.

5-.-2-.-14

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #279
the last son
Side-Kick

I never brought up batman in any of my argument on how bale is overrated. he is overrated. extremely. i'm not having it both ways. Downey is overrated as well. He might be even worse than bale in terms of overacting especially in Sherlock holmes my goodness.

I said bale has a great role in the fighter then I said good and bad roles. The batman roles would fall into the good. roles like the machinist and crap like that are the bad roles. I don't care how much weight he lost I thought the acting sucked. Again I like bale in small doses but he is not an a lister in terms of acting. he is a b+ somewhere around there. Just overrated how some people talk about him

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #280
Voodoo Flair

Captain America
Iron Man
Superman: The Movie
Spiderman (even though i'm not a fan of the Raimi Spiderman films, it still is a great origin telling)
Batman Begins

Voodoo Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #281
Voodoo Flair

Bale and Downey overrated???? i just spat my tea out, Bale is a force and will one day be recognized as one of the best actors of his or any other generation, Downey is solid and i've never seen Holmes, but being a Guy Ritchie film it will call for some heavy over acting.

Voodoo Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #282
Fox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Psst.. don't worry, you're not alone.
Always nice to find another TASM-fan.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #283
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Always nice to find another TASM-fan.
You're not alone, I thought it was well Amazing and infact my gf said it was her favourite comic book film yet.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #284
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I really loved TASM. More than Spider-Man 1 and 3.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #285
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I enjoyed TASM a lot too. Spider-Man 1 has a lot of nostalgic value for me, I saw it at the perfect age. The reboot definitely came too soon, but the fact that I found the movie enjoyable in spite of that says a lot to me. It actually was a tougher sell than Batman Begins, because in the case of Batman there had never been a true origin story whereas with Spider-Man, a very well-liked one had been released only 10 years prior. I may not like ASM as much as the first Spider-Man just because I liked Spider-Man more as a teenager in general and both of them are classic coming of age tales, but I think the modern approach of ASM is a good direction for the character and makes me excited for what comes next.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #286
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Imo, TAS-M was only better than Spider-Man 3 and still not saying a lot about TAS-M's quality.

I still have hope for TAS-M 2, but, I just haven't seen a great Spidey film since 2004.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #287
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Well obviously if you think it only topped SM-3 you don't think too highly of it, haha.

My take on it is, I definitely didn't have the same "wow" factor with ASM that I did when I saw the first Spider-Man because face it, it's 10 years later, I've seen Spider-Man before and the bar for the superhero genre has been raised a ton since then. The movie also definitely had a few missteps for me that hold it back from being considered great in my eyes.

However, I feel that they are setting up a trilogy that has a lot of potential to surpass what Raimi did with the character overall. From Oscorp, to the Gwen Stacy storyline, to the mystery of Peter's parents, there's a lot brewing there that makes me inclined to believe they could tell a very coherent and tightly woven story over the course of a few movies. Second movies is where these types of franchises usually "pop", so here's hoping.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #288
the last son
Side-Kick

I loved TASM. I thought it was the best comic book movie of 2012. Maybe it was because I had no expectations for it. But my main problem was it took no chances. Not one. Now I do agree that it was more of a setup than being original. But I still gave that movie an A-, TDKR a B, and the avengers a c-. Really looking forward to ASM 2.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #289
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Well obviously if you think it only topped SM-3 you don't think too highly of it, haha.
Very true

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #290
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I'd put Iron Man and Spider-Man ahead of Begins and Superman.
Spider-man? I hope you were banned for that post. Spider-man was comparatively awful.

Iron Man and Captain America were great. I think Batman and Iron Man are probably tied for #1 though.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #291
RustyCage
Come what may..

I enjoyed Cap for what it was, but compared to Iron Man or Batman Begins? Mega snoozefest.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #292
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
I enjoyed Cap for what it was, but compared to Iron Man or Batman Begins? Mega snoozefest.
QFT. What prevents CATFA for vying the #1 spot, specifically, is its score. I nearly fell asleep the 2 times I watched it.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #293
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
QFT. What prevents CATFA for vying the #1 spot, specifically, is its score. I nearly fell asleep the 2 times I watched it.
Same problem I had with The Avengers score. I like Silvestri, but his work on those films has been by the numbers, generic superhero type of stuff. Didn't do a thing for me.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #294
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Cap was completely lifeless for me. Partly because of the hack that directed it, Mr. Joe Johnston and partly because of the digital photography. If your name isn't Fincher, Boyle, or Deakins, please don't use a digital camera to film your movie. Or at least learn how to make the image "pop" before you do. The Star Spangled montage is the only time I actually enjoyed the film. I liked Thor much more, though that film is also far from being great. One would think a God of Thor's caliber deserved to save a place less pathetic than wherever that small town was.

I hope Zach Snyder show's how a God saves people and their properties.

The Centurions Live Action Film!

Last edited by Tacit Ronin; 01-24-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #295
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Cap was completely lifeless for me. Partly because of the hack that directed it, Mr. Joe Johnston and partly because of the digital photography. If your name isn't Fincher, Boyle, or Deakins, please don't use a digital camera to film your movie. Or at least learn how to make the image "pop" before you do. The Star Spangled montage is the only time I actually enjoyed the film. I liked Thor much more, though that film is also far from being great. One would think a God of Thor's caliber deserved to save a place less pathetic than wherever that small town was.

I hope Zach Snyder show's how a God saves people and their properties.
The trailer is giving me that impression already.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #296
the last son
Side-Kick

CATFA theme was great! Also, the movie was pretty good. Just wished they would have made Skull more intimidating. It was pretty weak.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #297
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought that scene was memorable for its (unintentional) humor than any display of explosive rage? It was like the "WHERE"S THE TRIGGA???" of BB.
"Swear to me" was the defining moment of Bale's Batman that officially surpassed any Keaton moment, as well as any moment from Downey in Iron Man. It's pretty much this decades "I'll be back", "yippie ki yay, muther*****er" or "Groovy".

Quote:
Potts was (far) better than Rachel, that's for sure. Those were the characters I originally compared. As for Gordon, I would say yes. Pepper Potts was more integral to Tony's growth, maturity and emotional reliance than Gordon was. Gordon wasn't a big player until The Dark Knight I thought.
Pepper was less interesting and less proactive than Rachel to the overall plot. As far as Bruce's development goes, he had numerous guidances in various ways, including Alfred, Ras and Rachel. It wasn't just one person doing or saying one thing, it was a lot more layered and textured.

Quote:
I found Falcone and his cliched gangster overacting more humorous than intimidating (seems to be trend with this film). Whereas Stane was genuinely scary in the scene where he paralyzes and takes Starks Arc Reactor.
Stane was a very generic, cliched and unmemorable villain. He just had no impact as a main baddie. It would be like revealing Skudd in Blade 2 to not only be a traitor, but also the mastermind behind the whole "Reaper strain" storyline. Ras was far more interesting and intimidating.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #298
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Honestly, the biggest disappointment with BB for me was, strangely, the direction. The news of a new Batman movie and the BB script got me back into Batman and comics for the first time since I was 9, and when I read the script, I imagined this sweeping epic, with rich scenery and vast landscapes and incredibly cool action scenes. Honestly, I kind of imagined it to look like Inception or even The Dark Knight.

But Nolan hadn't developed his skill as a director at that point, and BB ended up looking a lot smaller-scale than I would have liked. The cinematography and general feel of the film was more akin to Nolan's low budget Insomnia than his later epics.

And it's really a shame, as I honestly believe BB if remade today (and of course rewritten by Jonathan Nolan) could be an incredibly expensive and epic film that would have people leaving the theater in awe like TDK did.
Absolutely agreed. I like BB, but it feels very small, basic and studio-shot compared to the next two.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #299
the last son
Side-Kick

That's personally what I liked about it.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #300
Fox
Side-Kick

I agree. Batman Begins had that raw energy about it. Not that I didn't think the two sequels weren't amazing, but I appreciated the series starting out smaller the way it did. And quite frankly, I still thought it was epic anyway.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote