The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 01-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #26
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is Swamp Thing anyone's fave DC character?

I actually prefer the Len Wein/ Bernie Wrightston Swamp Thing over Alan Moore's, mainly Volume 1 & 2 of the " Saga of the Swamp Thing " comics when he was more of a mutated human than Elemental God, although I did like Nancy Collins run. Her " Lady Jane " issue is one of my favorites.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #27
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is Swamp Thing anyone's fave DC character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
Aside from Batman, who's my favorite fictional character period, Swamp Thing is definitely my favorite DC character. I would put Alan Moore's work on Saga of the Swamp Thing up against almost any other work of literature. Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson's seminal work is also really fun, and I'm enjoying Snyder's run as well. Even the leaner years of the character's history are worth reading just because he's so damn interesting. I would give a hand to see a film adaptation of the character that borrowed heavily from his early years and Moore's stories directed (ideally) by Guillermo del Toro with top notch creature effects from Rick Baker.
Yes i'd love to see a Swamp Thing reboot movie by Alex Proyas of Dark City/Crow fame as director with produced by Guillermo Del Toro, Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan with Rick Baker/Alex Kurtzman as make-up artists with effects by WETA.

I did got the original movie on Blu-ray from Scream and the film looks/sounds better than ever on HD and nice extras.

Anyone think Adrienne Barbeau was great in the role of Alice Cable? i mean isn't it cool she is 2 DC comics characters?

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote