The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #51
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Default Re: Batman: The Animated Series vs. The Batman

Batman:The Animated Series FTW!! It had that 1940's art-style and atmosphere to it and it looked way more three dimensional than The Batman because it had a lot more shadowing and depth in it. I agree with the previous comments about the animation but around season 2 the animation in many episodes was spot-on, especially "Trial" and "Batgirl Returns". I believe that BTAS was at it's peak in terms of depth, shadowing and animation in those episodes. I also like that the characters looked more realistic compared to The Batman. I mean Batgirl looks like a 10 year old with a huge head in The Batman and Poison Ivy..... soooo damn skinny it's not even funny. I also hated how the Joker looked in this show and Bruce looked too much like Jackie Chan from the Jackie Chan Adventures.

Last edited by ganon51; 01-15-2013 at 08:29 PM.
ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #52
Bman32x
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabastan41 View Post
Which Batman cartoon do you people prefer, The Batman or BTAS and why?
I had an appreciation for The Batman series, but I feel as is TAS is in a league of its own. Bruce Timm is just a superior storyteller which he had on full display with the series and the Arkham games (which I'm dying to start my thread for later). Award winning series for very good reason.

Bman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #53
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

The Batman is unfairly judged in my opinion, it was the first Batman show done outside the Bruce Timm's DCAU and many people didn't want anyone other than Kevin Conroy to be Batman. The show did have a lot of misses though and I feel it got better as it went on and the team up with Superman in the final season was one of the best team ups ever between the two. Batman the Animated series was much better than the Batman but that had its misses aswell.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-01-2013 at 05:39 AM.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #54
Robin91939
Master Tim

The Batman was a lot better than people are giving it credit for...

That said, Batman: The Animated Series is a far superior show -- especially the later episodes (I LOVE the redesign). There are so many terrific episodes in the first 60+ "original" episodes. This is a timeless show. Yes, some of it is kiddy, some of it is over the top -- but for the most part, for being a kid's show, it is an incredible show for all ages.

But just because Batman: The Animated Series was so amazing, doesn't mean that the solid The Batman has to be labeled crap.

-R

Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #55
HarleyQuinn

I've only seen a few episodes of The Batman and it's definitely not the worst, but TAS is simply the best.

The writing for new shows simply isn't as good, in my opinion, and some of the elements seemed too sci-fi for the Batman universe like when they made a digital Joker clone or when Batman went into the Joker's Mind.

None of the redesigns were an improvement on TAS and a lot of them I flat out didn't like.

They changed Bane from his wrestler outfit which defines him as being strong and hand-to-hand combat-based to high-tech which really doesn't stand out at all.

Apparently Marilyn Manson is the new Riddler? Didn't see that one coming. I actually thought it was a girl at first and figured it was Enigma. He also seems a lot more violent, which is cool with me. Kinda SAW-esque, but I don't know how Riddler fans feel about it.

Catwoman, while adorable and more up-to-date, looks more like a bat than a cat.

Joker... How the heck do you even get that wild man from the Joker's original design??? Not to mention nobody tops Mark Hamill as the Joker's voice, so it's automatically a step down from TAS.

I'm not a fan of Harley's huge hood and the fingerless gloves are kinda stupid considering the reason she needed a costume in the first place was so she could go on that rampage with the Joker without being identified, so why would she risk leaving fingerprints? BUT it's still true to her character design unlike the crap that's been coming out of the comics and video games lately. I also didn't like her new intro story. They made her a fraud psychologist (true, even Mad Love did this by implying she slept her way through college, but even that's better than this and that part wasn't mentioned at all in TAS), they made it really obvious that the Joker was just using her, they took the whole falling in love with her patient and breaking him out of Arkham part out altogether, and they made her seem much more vengeful and initially corrupt than the sweet, protective, and delusional character Harley usually is.

Last edited by HarleyQuinn; 01-31-2013 at 03:02 AM.
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #56
Holiday
'Bout that action

Two-Face=Badass wins this thread.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #57
the last son
Side-Kick

Just got done with Spawn the animated series. It really is up there with btas. Btas has it beat by a slight edge with better writing. But Keith David really challenged Conroy in best voice for a superhero. Just wish David had better lines

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
Lord
All Mighty

Give me The Batman anytime instead of the Brave and the Bold, but the animated series was simply the best one. I started wanting to watch The Batman because it was the most recent version and didn't start with Robin so soon, i bought an TAS DVD with the 5 first episodes and liked it more than i expected, as i watched more and more of both shows i began to realise how good TAS is.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #59
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I actually thought Brave & the Bold was better than the Batman, TB never had its own identity it sort of got lost trying to be more like BTAS. The final season was the best when Superman and co showed up but even after the team up the rest of them where formulaic. B&TB was fresh yes it was more for youngsters but comic fans could enjoy it aswell with the humour and throwbacks to a different time. Beware the Batman looks like its taking
Batman back to a darker format. I think there's room for all these different kinds of shows.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #60
The Batmann

I think that batman TAS was better in many ways than the batman but i still liked the batman one thing i didn't like from the batman was joker he looked proper weird not like the original more kiddish aswell the original joker hair pushed back nicely pink original suit and more street fighting in the batman he had a kind of kung fu the batman made one incredible film though batman vs dracula if you haven't seen it watch it i advise you

The Batmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #61
harleyquinn15

Batman The animated series all the way - has to be one of the best shows ever

harleyquinn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #62
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Not to be disrespectful to the efforts of those involved with The Batman show....but I personally would have loved to have seen some of the storylines from The Batman done with the guidance/style of the Batman animated series. Joker commiting crimes while posing as Batman is a solid idea that in the hands of Timm and crew could have been given the weight needed in its execution.

I did see a few of The Batman episodes where Superman featured and admittedly enjoyed them a great deal....
Batman smashing his Rogues gallery in less than 2 minutes was going too far though even for that series.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #63
Mako
Galactic Crusier

BTAS, though The Batman will always hold a special place with me.

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #64
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
I did see a few of The Batman episodes where Superman featured and admittedly enjoyed them a great deal....
Batman smashing his Rogues gallery in less than 2 minutes was going too far though even for that series.
Then do not read Batman #1(2011) and The Last Arkham!

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote