The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #826
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

At least it is in one of the quotes I read somewhere
When will I learn to keep notes of where I read those things?

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #827
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
DC can't suck in live action department, all we had in recent years are 3 Batman films, one Superman film, and Green Lantern (unfortunate flop), and then there's the upcoming Superman film
Oh yeah, forgot about watchmen and V for Vandetta
What I meant by them sucking is that the are not capable of getting stuff off the ground. The only successful characters they ever adapted well in live-action are Superman and Batman and that is if you go by overall history. If we go by current history, the only thing they managed to pull off was Batman though it looks like Man of Steel will change that this year (SR wasn't that good and was mostly just a rehash of the Donner films). Other than that, they've had Green Lantern, Steel, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, and Supergirl which were all really bad or mediocre at best. Stuff like Watchmen and V For Vendetta doesn't count because they're direct adaptations of graphic novels and are based on characters that are outside of the DC universe (even though DC owns them).

Quote:
Speaking of the age demographic; shinlyle shared what is VERY wrong with Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon by saying his 4 years old daughter hates it
And it's worse to know Loeb (or was it someone else?) said; "This show is meant to be funny, not for children"
ROFL That is just too funny.

I find it hilarious when people defend this show by saying "It is a kids show". It really boggles my mind when people say that. The standard and norm for all superhero shows since Batman TAS have been shows that can be watched by kids but are mature and complex enough for adults to enjoy them too so saying "What do you expect? It's a kids show!" is a completely unfair argument.

On top of that, I know for a fact that most of us here grew up watching stuff like Batman TAS when we were kids. So how can you defend this show (not you specifically; you know what I mean) by saying that this is aimed at kids who aren't capable of handling more mature and complex shows when you yourself watched a very mature and complex show as a child and never had any serious problems understanding it? That makes no sense to me. It kinda makes sense when people in their 40's/50's like Loeb and Quesada would say that because they grew up with really cheesy cartoons but someone born in the 80's/90's that grew up with Batman TAS? How does that make any sense?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #828
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Also, have you noticed that prior to USM being released, Quesada and Loeb kept going on and on about how USM isn't just a kids show but a show aimed at the fans too. They even talked about how they got great writers like Bendis and Paul Dini on the show just for the fans. And what do they say after it comes out and the fans complain?

"Well, what did you expect? It's not aimed at you. It's for little kids."

Contradiction at its finest. I rest my case .

Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #829
zeptron
Side-Kick

Yeah, the whole "It's for kids!" is a BS excuse. Kids are not stupid. Just because a work of fiction is aimed at kids doesn't mean they don't need to put any quality and effort in anything. It doesn't matter who's it aimed at. No Spider-man cartoon beforehand has ever been exclusively just for kids. The comics that these characters originate from are not for kids, I mean kids can still read them but the fact that a cartoon based on these characters is on such a childish level is the problem.

I mean it's Spider-man. So of course adult fans of the character are gonna want to enjoy any media with him in it.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #830
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

The expression that I'm reminded of by the creator comments on this show is it is better to aim high and miss than aim low and hit. The main problem with this cartoon is the fact that they tend to be aiming low, and they STILL miss. Heck even the older cartoons (60-80's) had a bit more ambition behind it...now that is saying something. I don't know if they are simply being defensive, or what. The fact that they are so unwilling to change direction by a hair is only damaging to Marvel Animation in general...No wonder why DC animation is collectively whooping Marvel animation's a**... Well, at least the movies are good.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #831
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Also, have you noticed that prior to USM being released, Quesada and Loeb kept going on and on about how USM isn't just a kids show but a show aimed at the fans too. They even talked about how they got great writers like Bendis and Paul Dini on the show just for the fans. And what do they say after it comes out and the fans complain?

"Well, what did you expect? It's not aimed at you. It's for little kids."

Contradiction at its finest. I rest my case .
I remember them saying "it will be something you never saw before, something new for Spider-Man"
Don't remember the mature audience thing, but I do recall the mention of Dini and Bendis to please fans

Did I mention how tired I got of watching them learning the same lesson every episode in season 1? And Spider-Man being unable to fight his fights most of the time?
If I didn't I do now. I'll keep watching cause I started with season 2 (my most hated episode so far) and wonder how things will go

Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #832
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

So,what do you guys think? Worst Spider-man show ever? Even more horrible than Spider-man Unlimited?

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #833
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

I like Spider-Man Unlimited, which I consider to be a standalone show and unfortunately didn't meet completion
I'm ready to see this show ends before its scheduled time, then bye bye, no one will see more

Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #834
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

Reminder: Lizard and Electro Episodes are premiering on Disney XD Today at 10:00 A.M. EST for Season 2 of Ultimate Spider-Man

Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #835
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
So,what do you guys think? Worst Spider-man show ever? Even more horrible than Spider-man Unlimited?
Yep. This is worse than Unlimited. In fact, this is the worst portrayal of Spuder-Man outside of the comics. He acts and is written the exact opposite way Spider-Man/Peter Parker is supposed to act and be written as. He seriously acts more like Naruto than he does as Spider-Man and the villains are butchered like crazy. This show's version of Venom makes Raimi's Venom look like Todd McFarlane's Venom from TASM #300. No joke.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #836
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
Reminder: Lizard and Electro Episodes are premiering on Disney XD Today at 10:00 A.M. EST for Season 2 of Ultimate Spider-Man
But I already have the Lizard episode
And it's not through iTunes

Quote:
Yep. This is worse than Unlimited. In fact, this is the worst portrayal of Spuder-Man outside of the comics. He acts and is written the exact opposite way Spider-Man/Peter Parker is supposed to act and be written as. He seriously acts more like Naruto than he does as Spider-Man and the villains are butchered like crazy.
Naruto is better, he can win his fights on his own the more he grows, now he's one of the village top soldiers

Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #837
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Naruto is better, he can win his fights on his own the more he grows, now he's one of the village top soldiers
I'm talking overall. He acts and thinks like Naruto as opposed to Spider-Man, which is not a good thing because Naruto is a horrible character, especially in Shippuden (let's not go off tooic though).

Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #838
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
I'm talking overall. He acts and thinks like Naruto as opposed to Spider-Man, which is not a good thing because Naruto is a horrible character, especially in Shippuden (let's not go off tooic though).
We kept this Spuidaman wannabe in discussion, not really off-topic
As bad as Naruto is, he doesn't learn the same lesson every story arc/episode, unlike this dweeb here who receives the same question again and again and again from Fury:
"Did you learn to work as a team?"
"Did you learn to not do damage?"
Spuidaman wannabe: "Yes we did"
Rinse, repeat

Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #839
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

My TV shows a description for the Rhino episode already since that's less than a week away now, it says that Rhino has a vendetta against Flash Thompson. Oh boy, what have we got - Teen-Rhino? And one of the commercials for season 2 shows what looks to be Kraven transformed into a white tiger-ish creature, is Kraven gonna be made into White Tiger's father or what? I hope I'm wrong on both accounts.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read comics I draw. _TIMESPACE.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #840
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

This description unintentionally made me think of Spider-Man's thought in the Rhino episode: "First Marko as Sandman, now O'Hirn as Rhino. What's next? Flash Thompson as the illiterate bug zapper?"
I bet what this description put in my mind is the best thing about the episode

Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #841
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
We kept this Spuidaman wannabe in discussion, not really off-topic
As bad as Naruto is, he doesn't learn the same lesson every story arc/episode, unlike this dweeb here who receives the same question again and again and again from Fury:
"Did you learn to work as a team?"
"Did you learn to not do damage?"
Spuidaman wannabe: "Yes we did"
Rinse, repeat
Naruto is as or almost as repetitive as that. He still can't rationally comprehend that there is nothing he can do to save Sasuke and is still very stubborn in many situations and fights where he goes against orders or certain plans. There are moments here and there where he seems to improve and be going in the right direction but that is automatically reset in a chapter not too far into the future and all that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
My TV shows a description for the Rhino episode already since that's less than a week away now, it says that Rhino has a vendetta against Flash Thompson. Oh boy, what have we got - Teen-Rhino? And one of the commercials for season 2 shows what looks to be Kraven transformed into a white tiger-ish creature, is Kraven gonna be made into White Tiger's father or what? I hope I'm wrong on both accounts.
To be honest, your theories probably sound better than what is actually about to happen. lol

Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #842
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Naruto is as or almost as repetitive as that. He still can't rationally comprehend that there is nothing he can do to save Sasuke and is still very stubborn in many situations and fights where he goes against orders or certain plans. There are moments here and there where he seems to improve and be going in the right direction but that is automatically reset in a chapter not too far into the future and all that is just the tip of the iceberg
On the bright side, they didn't change Naruto from how he is depicted in the source Material
This other fool voiced by Bell is way off the mark (like you said yourself, more than once I believe), and says in the trailer for season 2 "I'm not the Ultimate Spider-Man for nothing"

Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #843
tdeverea
Side-Kick

I have an idea! Stop watching the show and you guys can stop being disappointed!

!!!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #844
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
I have an idea! Stop watching the show and you guys can stop being disappointed!

!!!!!
Dude don't talk

Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #845
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

If you guys don't like the show, stop following it and disconnect your entire cable service.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #846
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Who says I follow it? I saw a couple of episodes, decided it was garbage, and haven't watched it since then. Other than that, I occassionally look a clip or two on YouTube whenever I hear from people that the show did something really stupid (because I'm curious and want to see it with my own eyes so that I know whether or not they're just talking BS). But other than that, I don't watch this show. I stay away from it.

Why do I keep talking about it then, you might wonder? Simple. As long as this show is on air, I will not be able to get a Spider-Man series that is actually good so I have to constantly criticize its faults so that people can realize these faults (by "people", I mean both fans watching this show and the people at Marvel). And the sooner people realize these faults, the faster we will get to getting a good Spider-Man show. It is all simply valid criticism. I am not speaking bad about the show because I have some personal vendetta against it. I am simply pointing out why it's bad and all the faults in it so that we know how to improve on these faults with the next Spider-Man show and not repeat them.

Without there being people that don't follow the "don't like it, don't watch it" mentality, we would've never improved on anything to begin with. The Batman film reboot would've never happened. The Spider-Man reboot would've never happened. The Superman reboot would've never happened. The Hulk reboot would've never happened. Spider-Man Unlimited would've continued. The list goes on and on. How do you expect a product in the future to improve in quality from the previous one if the people working and supporting the product never saw the previous product to begin with? We would never evolve or improve at anything if that was the case.

Telling a raging hater that bashes on something 24/7 for completely stupid reasons to not watch something if they don't like it makes sense. But to tell someone that provides valid criticism of something to simply not pay attention at all to the product they're criticizing is just outright stupidity. People need to make their voices heard really loud if they want to see something better being made.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #847
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post

!!!!!
Quote:
If you guys don't like the show, stop following it and disconnect your entire cable service.
To put it simply, we need to talk about what's wrong with this to make Marvel see what they did wrong and make a better show (hopefully)

Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #848
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

Whats wrong with it is that:
1. Wrong Voice Actor for Spider-Man
2. Horrible Puns
3. Harry Osborn is Venom instead of Eddie Brock
4. It's not Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3
5. Spider-Man and the other heroes have deaged and turned into teenagers.
6. No Storyline

Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #849
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whats wrong with it is that:
1. Wrong Voice Actor for Spider-Man
2. Horrible Puns
3. Harry Osborn is Venom instead of Eddie Brock
4. It's not Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3
5. Spider-Man and the other heroes have deaged and turned into teenagers.
6. No Storyline
1. Drake Bell does well. If the show had a more serious tone, you'd likely not complain.
2. Yes.
3. No biggie.
4. Contract with Sony ran out and now Marvel is run by Disney.
5. That's the point; to make teenaged Spidey the leader of his own superhero team.
6. The storyline is Spider-Man battling familiar foes under altered cicumstances (he's a SHIELD agent, he's on a team, he's got weapons at his disposal sometimes). He's still a geek just quite immature, as he should be written since he's 15 or 16 years old.

7. I think the main problem, if I can point to one encompassing problem, is that it's trying to please too many different demographics at once. They made a show with elements for ages 6-40 and it winds up missing the mark often. You can't try to cater to everyone because you end up pleasing NOone.

I'll still watch it with my 6 year-old (i'm 32) because I'm a Spidey fan and I won't bash it because I have a million other things to care about. LOL. Ok I'm gone.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #850
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
Dude don't talk
Yes ma'am. I'll be quiet now.

Closed Thread