The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #151
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

So he's insane for ever asking God to kill Peter, lol.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #152
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

I wouldn't say so. Maybe unstable or just that blinded by hate and rage. C'mon,no one here has ever wished someone dead? It's the same thing like wishing someone would get hit by a bus,or fall off a cliff. You're just so angry and depressed at the moment,you'll wish harm on your enemy by any means whatsoever.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #153
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eddie's request to God to kill Peter was beyond stupid. Didn't he ever hear of one of God's seven commandments called 'Thou shalt not kill'.
It's obviously Raimi's commentary on how wicked people use God to wish for or do wicked things. Spider-man 3 is a brilliant thesis on the dark side of faith. It also works metaphysically: fanboys had utter faith that Spider-man 3 will be amazing but were rewarded with dark streams of horrified tears.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #154
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
It's obviously Raimi's commentary on how wicked people use God to wish for or do wicked things.
People who use God for wicked things actually do the wicked things themselves and believe they are doing God's work, or think God told them to do it etc.

They don't go to a Church and ask God himself to do it!

Quote:
Spider-man 3 is a brilliant thesis on the dark side of faith.
In what way is faith explored in this movie?

Quote:
It also works metaphysically: fanboys had utter faith that Spider-man 3 will be amazing but were rewarded with dark streams of horrified tears.
Now that I agree with.

- The Joker
Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #155
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I'm just not seeing it, it fell flat, and in my personal opinion Eddie's request was kind of ridiculous.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #156
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
People who use God for wicked things actually do the wicked things themselves and believe they are doing God's work, or think God told them to do it etc.

They don't go to a Church and ask God himself to do it!

In what way is faith explored in this movie?

Now that I agree with.
Dude, I was joking the whole way through. Thought the last line would tip you off.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #157
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Dude, I was joking the whole way through.

Thought the last line would tip you off.
I thought you were serious for the most part. Obviously the fanboys crying was a joking remark, but I thought you were actually serious on the first two points.

This is the Hype. Crazier things than that have been said here in a serious manner.

- The Joker
Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #158
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, Eddie praying for God to kill Peter Parker was kind of awkward. I get what they were going for, but it gave Eddie the emotional maturity a 3 year old. It's also kind of random to suddenly show a character praying towards the end of the film without establishing them as someone of faith earlier in the film. Also the fact that he prays out loud and addresses God as "sir". Just a pretty cringe-worthy scene.

Also, Spider-Man 3 is on FX all the time it seems.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #159
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Honestly, I just chalk it up to bad writing. The entire film is just filled with it, and when the writing is bad, no amount of great acting or directing can really save it.

And normally, I'm not one to comment or criticize things like that, but there are so many lines that just sound bad and rushed.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #160
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
So I was just watching a few minutes of SM3 on TV just now, and I was starting to wonder .. there are plenty of bad comic book movies, but SM3 seems to get a lot more hate than most. Is it because it was hyped so much and people thought it was going to be the best Spider-Man movie ever, and it just didn't live up to that hype?
I think its a mix of hype and a mix of it not being good as the first two movies. It was overcrowded and rushed as well seeming out of place in the world created in the first two films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I fully admit the Spider-man 3 wasn't the best and had it's share of flaws. But,personally,I'm sick of all the Spider-man 3/Venom/symbiote hate.
I used to love Venom in the 90s, just as I loved Spawn. But when it comes down to it I don't hate nor love the symbiotes, but there are better Spidey villains out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
One thing I did like in Spidey 3 was how Harry was killed by his own glider while trying to protect Peter from it instead of trying to kill him with it. And, after all those years of accusing Spiderman of killing his father, Harry was impaled by an actual evil version of Spidey... Venom.
I've never really though about that! How....cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Eddie's request to God to kill Peter was beyond stupid. Didn't he ever hear of one of God's seven commandments called 'Thou shalt not kill'.
Beyond stupid doesn't even do it justice, one of the most cringe-worthy moments of the film.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #161
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I know it will never happen but I wonder if Raimi could go back and redo Spider-man 3. Kinda like Lucas did with the Star Wars Special editions back in the late 90's. He wouldn't have to change the whole film,but maybe shoot or add 5-10 of extra footage and change some stuff around(like that "God killing Peter" line that you all hate in Spider-man 3). Maybe even add an extra fight scene between Spider-man and Venom since something like that would just be mostly CGI?

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #162
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I know it will never happen but I wonder if Raimi could go back and redo Spider-man 3. Kinda like Lucas did with the Star Wars Special editions back in the late 90's. He wouldn't have to change the whole film,but maybe shoot or add 5-10 of extra footage and change some stuff around(like that "God killing Peter" line that you all hate in Spider-man 3). Maybe even add an extra fight scene between Spider-man and Venom since something like that would just be mostly CGI?
Doubt that would happen. I'd be happy if they'd just release the extended/director's cut of the film. Doubt that will happen too.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #163
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

They released the "extended" cut of SM2, which was probably the one that least deserved it of the three. I know there was some more stuff for SM3, though I don't know how complete it was.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #164
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Raimi re-doing Spider-Man 3? Don't get your hopes up.

Even if Raimi understands how much people dislike or even hate S-M 3, that's no reason for Raimi to ask Sony if he can re-do the film or whatever to get fans' approval, and especially since Sony has moved on with Spider-Man anyways with Webb's trilogy.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #165
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'd kill for an extended edition or even just the deleted scenes, but it seems Sony have no desire to release those (even with the recent re-releases). I also get the impression that Raimi isn't one for director's cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Agree with TAS-M. Aside from the actors, the movie fell flat, imo, but if I had to thank Santa, it wouldn't be just for Avengers...TDKR and Dredd both made my year when it comes to CBMs.
Wasn't overly fond of TDKR. Nolan didn't break the threequel trend.

Dredd was entertaining enough, but not something that stays with you (literally forgot about it doing that last post)

Last edited by henzINNIT; 01-21-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #166
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
They released the "extended" cut of SM2, which was probably the one that least deserved it of the three. I know there was some more stuff for SM3, though I don't know how complete it was.
This is what I always think of in regards to SM3 ever getting a extended/directors cut, I think there is a chance. Like with the Donner Cut of Superman II happening many many years after the films original release.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #167
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Wasn't overly fond of TDKR. Nolan didn't break the threequel trend.

Dredd was entertaining enough, but not something that stays with you (literally forgot about it doing that last post)
Disagree with both of these, lol. I feel TDKR had definitely broken the threequel curse for CBMs as well as Dredd not being forgettable. I still need to pick up Dredd for Blu-ray though. Gotta wait until I have some extra money to do such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
This is what I always think of in regards to SM3 ever getting a extended/directors cut, I think there is a chance. Like with the Donner Cut of Superman II happening many many years after the films original release.
Nice to see Raimi fans are still hopeful.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #168
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Just found this tribute to the Raimi trilogy on YT. I thought it was well-done myself. It's done in a similar manner as the Epic TDK Retrospective video, montage style using various pieces of the scores.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Man, this trilogy brings back memories. I haven't watched any of the Raimi movies in a long time. Maybe it's time to revisit.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #169
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yah....Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man. Especially when watching that retrospective. Just such a good film and it only got better with Spider-Man 2...then I only cringe when the Spider-Man 3 stuff started to play

Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #170
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Anyone else find Elfman's Green Goblin theme to be super catchy?

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #171
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Nice to see Raimi fans are still hopeful.
I may be more hopeful than some, heck I even hope we will get a comic book continuation of the Raimi universe eventually using the likeness of the actors kinda like the Smallville comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Just found this tribute to the Raimi trilogy on YT. I thought it was well-done myself. It's done in a similar manner as the Epic TDK Retrospective video, montage style using various pieces of the scores.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Man, this trilogy brings back memories. I haven't watched any of the Raimi movies in a long time. Maybe it's time to revisit.
Adding that to my favorites! So much nostalgia packed into one video!

Quote:
Yah....Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man. Especially when watching that retrospective. Just such a good film and it only got better with Spider-Man 2...then I only cringe when the Spider-Man 3 stuff started to play
Nah, I think the video makes Spidey 3 look alot better.

Quote:
Yeah, Elfman is da man!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #172
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Such a cool video. Thank you for posting that!

Quote:
Gotta disagree with you there. I still count SM2 as the best film but ASM > SM1.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #173
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Yep. I've always enjoyed Elfman's work. It's a shame he didn't stick around for SM3...I would have liked to hear his compositions for Sandman, Venom and the symbiote.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #174
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
For the longest I never thought GG had his own theme as I usually look pass any of the origin villains with their own themes because they don't seem as powerful or mesmerizing as the sequel villains, but yes, I have become a fan of GG's theme for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I may be more hopeful than some, heck I even hope we will get a comic book continuation of the Raimi universe eventually using the likeness of the actors kinda like the Smallville comic.
The crap that is Smallville is still going on in comic form now? Lol.

And what's ironic about talking about a comic continuation for Raimi's universe...The Black's portrayal of Venom was 100x better than the portrayal of Venom in Spider-Man 3. So much so that it makes S-M 3 even more embarrassing, imo.

Quote:
Nah, I think the video makes Spidey 3 look alot better.
Definitely not. And the funny thing is that even the quality of the S-M 3 scenes look terrible in that retrospective even. It didn't feel like it was directed by Raimi even as the feeling and tone just seemed off in that video compared to 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Gotta disagree with you there. I still count SM2 as the best film but ASM > SM1.
To each their own but at least we agree on the bold

Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #175
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

You know, when I think about it...Spider-Man 3 was destined to be a lot different from the first two movies no matter what. The first two movies each focused on one villain...it's a hell of a jump to go from one to three. I mean, even if it had turned out good, I think it would have still felt a lot different than the first two because of that.

The thing that bugs me is Venom just didn't belong in the Raimi-verse. If Sony had just let him make the film he wanted to make, we could have had a nice "Silver Age" trilogy. I mean, I get why Sony and Arad pushed him into it...the franchise was huge and Venom is one of Spidey's most popular villains. But the moment Arad stuck his head into it, it was doomed to be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. I can't imagine what a nightmare writing that screenplay must have been, with characters popping in and out through each draft.

Imagine how much more excitement there'd be towards the ASM franchise if Venom hadn't been done yet and they were able to introduce Brock earlier on to give the symbiote saga some room to breath. Then again, if it weren't for Venom who knows if a reboot would've happened?

Closed Thread