Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #851
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU'VE BEEN THUNDERSTRUCK

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
That's not even a real bandwagon.

But since I've never seen you post anything positive, yeah, it's a little fun to call you out on it. Negative Nancy.

VERY little, I'm sure...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnzy-DeeYa, an unstable B***h-Queen, and
Fylya, her ass-kiss, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 01-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #852
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

So what if Cardiac sucked 20 years ago? That automatically means no other writer can try making him cool? I like that Slott is trying to take him and improve him, that should be standard for EVERY writer at Marvel: Take something off the trash heap and make it awesome.

Remember that Kaine was once a cookie-cutter 90's villain back in the day and now he's the Scarlet Spider that everyone is in love with. No double standards please.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #853
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU'VE BEEN THUNDERSTRUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
So what if Cardiac sucked 20 years ago? That automatically means no other writer can try making him cool? I like that Slott is trying to take him and improve him, that should be standard for EVERY writer at Marvel: Take something off the trash heap and make it awesome.

Remember that Kaine was once a cookie-cutter 90's villain back in the day and now he's the Scarlet Spider that everyone is in love with. No double standards please.

that remains to be seen... we shall see...

I take nothing from Slott on good faith until I see the end result...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnzy-DeeYa, an unstable B***h-Queen, and
Fylya, her ass-kiss, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #854
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
Shriek was ok. She was a hot looking Symbiote.
This is Shriek:

I think you were thinking of Scream:

Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #855
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Cardiac was as boring as dishwater...
Cardiac had a really good backstory but the way they handled his character was pretty poor. Slott has a lot to work with to make the character good. I trust him on this, look what he did for Phil Urich.

I mean really, if they can make The Spot a decent character, then why not do it for Cardiac?

Edit: I quoted TMOB here, but this isn't really directed at him, just making a general statement.

Last edited by Will Nolte; 01-21-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #856
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Let me state for the record...

Cardiac as written by Michelinie was a very forgettable character...

But I agree with runawayboulder... any good writer can amke something golden from garbage, so I hope he can do the same with this character.

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #857
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I'm not saying every writer will be successful at it. I'm saying that if I were running Marvel, I would make a declaration to all writers that they have to take some crap character from back in the day and use them in the story to possibly make them popular.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #858
webfluid.co.uk

To many posts to read the whole thread,

But SUPERIOR......really? i just bought five copies of the number 1 for the comic box but cant bring myself to read it to be honest.
Doc ock?
spiderman?
WTF is all that about. Octavious has been killed more times than i can remember, jailed forever and has to be the worst super villain ever.
I saw a wikipedia description of who the new spidey was and just thought what a bunch of idiots. I had just got used to spidey being hispanic in UCSM but have to confess at becoming BORED with the whole team up thing. And now Amazing spider-man has turned into doc ock....or doc ock has turned into spidey. Talk about flogging spidey to death.
Surely the way to go would have been let it lye for a year and then redo the whole Amazing spiderman from scratch, but in a modern way.

It would seem like since his death (peter parker) there is no respect for stan lees original creation and Marvel are doing their utmost to put Pete to death totally utterly and completely and make the whole thing a joke.

I know comics are fiction and not real life but how can the next generation of readers relate to this nonsense. The artwork looks better but the story stops here for me.

Miles moralis can go and screw himself too as it is BORING.

Hope you are proud of yourselves MARVEL.

10 variants........really now you wouldnt be extracting the urine out of the die hard fans(collectors) would you? why not make every episode have a variant then all the mug collectors buy the same episode 10 times.

Judging by the amount of 1:150 variants for sale on ebay it would appear that every spidey fan buys 200 copies of every no:1 just for the variants and punts the other 199 copies out at a loss.
good for me i suppose as i get a cheap mint comic book. BUT 200 for a 1:150 variant of a lame duck of a story that should have been something special but is not.

Marvel comics shame on you. Remember what created Marvel in the first place, respect it dont destroy it! and belittle it.

rant over

Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #859
Themanofbat

Bwahahahahahahaha....

I love crazy rants....
They are awesome...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Last edited by Themanofbat; 01-22-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: bda selpling...
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #860
mcg031
Side-Kick

Superior is great. I'm glad it happen cause it interesting how SpOck is adjusting to Peter Parker's life. Bottom line, when there's a change in spider-man it causes a stir in the comic book world ( Look at the Clone Saga & One More Day) Plus we all love to see a hero overcome the odds..Lets see how it's going to happen...Lastly we get Miguel O Hara soon who doesn't love that idea ???

Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #861
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Bwahahahahahahaha....

I love crazy rants....
They are awesome...

Crazy-town Banana-pants

Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #862
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Good lord, there's so many things I can pull out of that post and rip to shreds. Good thing I'm tired and don't have the energy.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #863
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
Shriek was a part of that "Peter Parker is no more, I am now and forever the Spider" point in his life, which I loathed and despised... the guy actually was living in a cocoon for awhile, if I remember correctly... come ON...

as for the Shroud, it wasn't a spider symbol that he wore... I believe that it was meant to represent the arms of Kali, which she is a part of Indian mythology, and which also was the cult that he joined before he became the Shroud...
He was only in the cocoon for like 1 issue!!!
I understand it to, it was his was of saying "Leave me the Smeg alone! Give me my time and space, i need to clear and sort out my mind."
Because of:
His Parents came back, and he finally truly accepted them, and they turned out to be false and nearly killed him.
His Best Friend just died!
Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? of people just died. On his watch... (Maximum Carnage)
Aunt May had a Stroke and is in a Coma, not knowing if she is going to wake from it.
And thats just some of the huge crap that is weiging heavily upon his mind.

I completely empathize with his need to be alone after all of that.

I've been through some major crap myself, nowhere near as bad as all that, and if I had Web-Shooters, I'd have done the same thing for a bit...

My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #864
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Nolte View Post
This is Shriek:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think you were thinking of Scream:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
oops, lol...
Either way, Loved Shriek - She was totally Crazy and Sexy, Bat***** nuts, but sexy...
Scream was nicely designed.

My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #865
Themanofbat

Quote:
Good lord, there's so many things I can pull out of that post and rip to shreds. Good thing I'm tired and don't have the energy.
Same here...

Great minds think alike...

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #866
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
He was only in the cocoon for like 1 issue!!!
THIS

People seem to convince themselves over time that this was like a year long status quo change or something. I was filler for the short period between the parents thing and MJ's pregnancy, which snapped him out of it. It was 2 or 3 months at the most. It just seemed like a lot because there were 4 solo books and equates to 8-12 issues.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #867
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

^^^Well actually it was more of the Clone coming back that snapped Peter out of it. MJ's preggo announcement was the exclamation point to end it all.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #868
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfluid.co.uk View Post
Octavious has been killed more times than i can remember, jailed forever
So has The Joker, but he's still hands down Batman's greatest villain.

- The Joker
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #869
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Ock has only been killed once. That dude's post had so many wrong statements in it that it's not worth revisiting.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #870
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ock has only been killed once. That dude's post had so many wrong statements in it that it's not worth revisiting.
I stopped reading his post when he said he hadn't even read the "Superior" stories and was ranting and raving about what was posted on wikipedia about it.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #871
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Aloha,
Speaking of Funeral for an Octopus. I was reading parts of it the other night. In part 2, Spidey puts on a helmet that lets him control Ocks arms. I was thinking, has Ock been storing Spidey's brain waves ever since then?
Spidey rules

Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #872
webfluid.co.uk

Wall Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
you are so right, i was on a bit of a rant and never realised that post went on for so lon. But like you said he has only been killed once, must have got it all mixed up with the films where he was killed too and a couple of cartoons i saw when i was a kid where he was killed also. just seems like he has been killed a lot.

It is odd that i have never read asm v2 past about episode 5 but have read an awful lot of the other series mainly usm. so i am not familiar with a lot of the characters or story lines.

Now that it i has all gone off the rails(in my eyes) i might make it my sole aim in life to know this series after all it is the longest running. i shall read them all 10 times and know every character every plot and it may give me a better understanding of Peter parker . But hey i got to work too and raise a family so it might take a while.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #873
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
Speaking of Funeral for an Octopus. I was reading parts of it the other night. In part 2, Spidey puts on a helmet that lets him control Ocks arms. I was thinking, has Ock been storing Spidey's brain waves ever since then?
Spidey rules
No, Slott made it clear that this all started with ASM 600. Perhaps you can make the argument that Ock found out about it and came up with the idea back then, built the tech and waited patiently for the time to come again.....which it did.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #874
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfluid.co.uk View Post
you are so right, i was on a bit of a rant and never realised that post went on for so lon. But like you said he has only been killed once, must have got it all mixed up with the films where he was killed too and a couple of cartoons i saw when i was a kid where he was killed also. just seems like he has been killed a lot.

It is odd that i have never read asm v2 past about episode 5 but have read an awful lot of the other series mainly usm. so i am not familiar with a lot of the characters or story lines.

Now that it i has all gone off the rails(in my eyes) i might make it my sole aim in life to know this series after all it is the longest running. i shall read them all 10 times and know every character every plot and it may give me a better understanding of Peter parker . But hey i got to work too and raise a family so it might take a while.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #875
kbrooksgohan
Side-Kick

Hey here's a thought. I think NINJA THEORY should do the next spiderman game. In fact I would love to see a Superior Spiderman game....

Closed Thread