The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #151
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
Yeah I know. Just saying what I know. No one has to believe me.
Loose lips sink ships. I get it.

Er...any tidbits on Widow's A2 characterization, Joss?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #152
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i am not sure but everyone knew tdkr was coming it was the 3rd film of trilogy and the follow up to the hugely popular billion dollar making TDK

batman begins got a tv spot remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
They didn't advertise anything last year, but they have advertised in the past.

In example:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They sat out completely, but I think marketing for the 3rd film of a hugely popular franchise is different than the relaunch of a previously franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
In other words, what Project said.
I don't remember the BB ad (if I ever even saw it).

I understand the logic of not really needing to advertise the third film of a trilogy compared to a film in MOS's position. But, given how the general audience reacts to Super Bowl commercials compared to people on sites such as this, I understand the logic of WB not advertising too.

Did Inception have a Super Bowl ad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
You didn't get gkokujin's reference...did you?

Nope and not really my concern.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman

Last edited by Lencho01; 01-21-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #153
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
But, given how the general audience reacts to Super Bowl commercials compared to people on sites such as this, I understand the logic of WB not advertising too.
IIRC after the spots aired for The Avengers and Captain America the previous years earlier, and were considered the most noteworthy spots, they quickly began trending via Twitter, websites and FB. Heck for most films a Super Bowl spot can actually be a GA first knowledge of a movie like Act of Valor last year being a good example.

You've got over half the population of America tuned in at once and you've got a lot riding on the success of a movie thats supposed to relaunch a franchise and also launch another with the JLA...How could you pass up a marketing opportunity like that?

Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #154
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
you call that excitement, I went to see "The Last Stand" today, saw the Man Of Steel poster finally on the wall.........I ****ing yelled right there in the theater ppl are looking "wtf is wrong with him", I'm there pointing at the poster, they still dont get it, I do the shirt rip cause I have Superman T-Shirt on, curse cause I've now literally ripped my shirt and its cold outside
Ha ha love it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #155
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Wait is Joss saying the latest spoilers from YB are fake or that all of them are fake?

And Joss is a Superman fan?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #156
Project862006
Banned User

^you cant be serious lol guess what chris nolan also posts on this board lol
http://forums.superherohype.com/member.php?u=39997

Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #157
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:

but seriously which spioler is he reffering to?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #158
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post

but seriously which spioler is he reffering to?
I think we can safely say every one of them is in question.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #159
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Ha ha

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #160
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's not that we don't believe you..it's just that we don't have a reason to believe you.lol j/k
True, but yet, everyone is quick to believe someone from IMDb (which is a troll fest unlike any I have ever seen). Funny. It's like because a trailer description was right now everything is going to be right. Well, reality check, it's one thing to get a trailer description a few days before it debuts in the theaters (it happens all the time) and it's another for someone claiming to have seen, or know someone who has seen, the entire movie, months before it comes out, lol. And anyway, the IMDb guy has been proven as fake for some time now but people like to overlook that. As if they want to believe some fake BS. I blame WB for not giving anything out there so desperate fans tend to get more gullible and eat everything right up.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #161
king666
(‿)

Quote:
i have been toying with the idea that what if the wrist guantlets make Clark fly? i think it makes sense seing that the dust particles and snow and rocks start to swirl around his fist and you dont really see it lifting anywhere else....just an idea
Someone posted this in "part 23".
I'm worried :/

Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #162
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Gauntlets making him fly?? And I thought me worrying about whether or not he'll have heat vision was overboard, lol. I really don't think they'll go as far as the suit having anything to do with flight. I could however see them keeping only the flight, super strength and super senses and ditch anything that is too out there. Because at this point I'm REALLY looking forward to see how they pull off heat vision with the visual style Snyder went for and NOT make it look obviously fake or cartoonish.

But I can understand people fearing things like gauntlets making him fly. With Nolan's involvement, Goyer's talk on how naturalistic this is and taking the same approach as Batman and with no news and only teasing trailers, it's easy to panic and think too far out. We should have a new trailer out in about 2-2.5 months time and we'll know more then - hopefully.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #163
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Gauntlets making him fly?? And I thought me worrying about whether or not he'll have heat vision was overboard, lol. I really don't think they'll go as far as the suit having anything to do with flight. I could however see them keeping only the flight, super strength and super senses and ditch anything that is too out there. Because at this point I'm REALLY looking forward to see how they pull off heat vision with the visual style Snyder went for and NOT make it look obviously fake or cartoonish.

But I can understand people fearing things like gauntlets making him fly. With Nolan's involvement, Goyer's talk on how naturalistic this is and taking the same approach as Batman and with no news and only teasing trailers, it's easy to panic and think too far out. We should have a new trailer out in about 2-2.5 months time and we'll know more then - hopefully.
I hope they keep all his powers; heat vision, artic breath, x-ray and microscopic vision, super speed, all of it. And i certainly hope all of his powers come from the yellow sun and not from...gauntlets. Or his suit.

I too am anxious to see how they handled heat-vision. That and superspeed. I know the flying parts will look amazing because weve seen it with our own eyes already. Cant wait to see what Snyder has in store for us.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #164
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Do you honestly think a team like Snyder and Goyer wouldn't utilize most, if not all, of Superman's powers? Heat vision is a certainty. It's the freeze-breath I'm wondering about.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #165
GreenKToo
In the fire

My grandmothers gardener's, cousin's, sister's boyfriend, knows someone that has a trashman as a friend, who swears he saw a copy of the discarded script in the trash at WB...he said the description we read on here is way off.
He said The real script has polar bears and giant spiders. He also said it smelt of hairspray, which he thought odd.

So there you go..don't shoot the messenger..I report you decide.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #166
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
My grandmothers gardener's, cousin's, sister's boyfriend, knows someone that has a trashman as a friend, who swears he saw a copy of the discarded script in the trash at WB...he said the description we read on here is way off.
He said The real script has polar bears and giant spiders. He also said it smelt of hairspray, which he thought odd.

So there you go..don't shoot the messenger..I report you decide.
I too love the gullibility.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #167
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
I too love the gullibility.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #168
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Hope to see freeze breath and wind breath lol.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #169
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Fart breath?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #170
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
i hope we don't. but if we do, he better do vacuum breath too

dictated, not read.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #171
Simo
Side-Kick

Not sure if this has been posted but a new tie-in book for MOS has shown up on Amazon's listings which is the film's companion book by Dan Wallace, he wrote the Art of Superman Returns book, titled Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman:
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Insi...s=man+of+steel
Quote:
Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman offers an intimate look at the reinvention of the world’s most iconic superhero through the eyes of acclaimed director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) and producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy). This unique companion book offers a rich selection of materials, from concept art and behind-the-scenes set photography to director commentary and interviews with key creatives, unlocking the secrets behind giving new life to an immortal hero.
Hardcover and 160 pages.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #172
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Good find.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #173
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Not sure if this has been posted but a new tie-in book for MOS has shown up on Amazon's listings which is the film's companion book by Dan Wallace, he wrote the Art of Superman Returns book, titled Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman:
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Insi...s=man+of+steel

Hardcover and 160 pages.
I will definitely be buying that

Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #174
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Fart breath?
"Better out the front then the back I say" ~ Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
i hope we don't. but if we do, he better do vacuum breath too
That would be cool to see on screen.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #175
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
IIRC after the spots aired for The Avengers and Captain America the previous years earlier, and were considered the most noteworthy spots, they quickly began trending via Twitter, websites and FB. Heck for most films a Super Bowl spot can actually be a GA first knowledge of a movie like Act of Valor last year being a good example.

You've got over half the population of America tuned in at once and you've got a lot riding on the success of a movie thats supposed to relaunch a franchise and also launch another with the JLA...How could you pass up a marketing opportunity like that?
If there was always a strong and positive correlation between spenging millions on a 30-60 second Super Bowl ad and a film's success, I can see the reasoning behind making an ad. But, it seems WB is willing to pass on that and spend their money in other ways since a film's success doesn't ride or die on that one ad.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Closed Thread