The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #351
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

It would not shock me to see that Phase 1 goody showing up on Youtube.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #352
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You don't think we'll get a superbowl spot??
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
the source also said IM3 will get a 60 sec spot for superbowl, so if thats true then we will most likely get the trailer mid april...
I read somewhere that a 30 second spot for the Superbowl costs US$3.7 million. So I suppose that might give them pause. Impressive that they historically have thought it worth the investment.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #353
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I read somewhere that a 30 second spot for the Superbowl costs US$3.7 million. So I suppose that might give them pause. Impressive that they historically have thought it worth the investment.
Makes sense. I guess popular word is that only IM would be. Not sure how much the studios are willing to spend that this point. I would think a superbowl spot for Thor and IM would be a very good idea, and worth the price. Maybe not though

Old 01-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #354
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
With Thor: The Dark World set to explore the Nine Realms, will we get to see more of Sif?

“You do! You do get to see more Sif. A little bit more of everyone, I think, as it stands right now. Of course, you never know what can happen in the editing room, but we do explore Asgard quite a lot, and also some of the other realms that maybe you didn’t know of… [giggles]”
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/ja...thor-interview

So that "explore Asgard quite a lot" remark makes is seem that if Lawden's spoiler is correct about a journey with Thor, Loki, and Jane, that probably Sif and Warriors 3 are likely along as well, yes?

Last edited by elizah72; 01-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #355
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
i believe last year they went with John Carter getting a 60 sec superbowl spot and Avengers getting short handed. But i guess Disney learned their lesson...

Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #356
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
i believe last year they went with John Carter getting a 60 sec superbowl spot and Avengers getting short handed. But i guess Disney learned their lesson...
Yeah....that some niches are easier to sell than others. Avengers was a no-brainer --- there's no way it could've failed unless the actors, director and fx crew screwed up spectacularly. The concept sold itself. With John Carter, the cast and crew all did their jobs well, but the concept was impossible to sell. Nobody but a niche few fans wanted to see a movie about long outdated concepts of planetary science combined with Victorian-era sci-fi/heroic fantasy.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #357
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/ja...thor-interview

So that "explore Asgard quite a lot" remark makes is seem that if Lawden's spoiler is correct about a journey with Thor, Loki, and Jane, that probably Sif and Warriors 3 are likely along as well, yes?
I would assume so. But ugh, someone in that group doesn't belong, I won't say anything else

Quote:
Seriously. Poor John Carter though. I can see their reasoning though, sort of. Avengers was going to succeed anyway. 30 second spot, it still got word out, and was very anticipated. For a film like John Carter, I can understand why they gave that film a longer spot, trying to promote it more, because it needed it more. It wasn't destined for sucess like the avengers, so I see their POV

Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #358
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Alot of Jamie interviews! Makes me feel really good about seeing more of Sif. If there is one thing Marvel needs more of, its female superheroes.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #359
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Alot of Jamie interviews! Makes me feel really good about seeing more of Sif. If there is one thing Marvel needs more of, its female superheroes.
Amen.
Time for a lot more estrogen in this sausage stand.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #360
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I just hope they harden Sif up a bit and make her more bad*** and less quirky tomboy who pines after Thor.

I want them to bring the Sif triangle into the movies, but I would rather Sif hold her own. Let the Warriors Three do the witty banter.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #361
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I just hope everything she's hinting at doesn't get lost in editing. She (and others) could be given the short end of the stick if they are trying to focus on Thor and Jane's central story and again keep it at around 2 hours. Just trying to sober my expectations.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #362
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I just hope everything she's hinting at doesn't get lost in editing. She (and others) could be given the short end of the stick if they are trying to focus on Thor and Jane's central story and again keep it at around 2 hours. Just trying to sober my expectations.
It just raises my expectations for the boni of the dvd/blu ray. since the MS dvds/blu rays after IM2 didn't include much that was worth the purchase, we might at least get some decent cut scenes on the T:TDW dvd/br

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #363
elizah72
Side-Kick

Jaimie confirming that "there may be a few" scenes with Sif and Jane Foster.

Thor 2 talk at 5:00

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #364
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it. I mean, if they are planning some character development for Sif anyway, I find they wouldn't cut some of it.

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Their way of saying so without actually saying so. I'd imagine it was likely though, especially since apparent Jane will be going to Asgard at somepoint.

That I do love. It sort of gives us a seat, seing asgard and these amazing beings from the perspective of a human, especially Odin. As a human, he must be an impressive/intimidating sight to see at the same time.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #365
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well there was a time Jane was given powers by Odin, but, it just didn't work out.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #366
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ I know, which is exactly what I was thinking about when I heard that Odin and Jane may be meeting

Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #367
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well there was a time Jane was given powers by Odin, but, it just didn't work out.
On at least two occasions, actually, but only one in 616-continuity as far as I know.

The second one. . .sorta worked out, at least as far as Odin was concerned!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #368
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I feel like there will be an attempt of that. Not giving her powers, but atleast trying to get her in tune with Asgardian culture. Of course, she will not like it.

and maybe that will be the end of thor and jane, and we can get back to thor and sif XD

Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #369
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I don't think Jamie would've planted that seed if she didn't want it to grow....sounds like she's actually kinda proud of getting scenes with Natalie.

And there's lots of opportunity for drama (and/or comedy) there between Jane and Sif: the beginnings of a rivalry between mortal and immortal.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #370
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Time for a lot more estrogen in this sausage stand.

Quote:
Yeah, if Sif only getting five to ten minutes in the film I will be very disappointed!

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Catfight between Sif and Jane for Thor's attention!

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #371
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Team Jane vs. Team Sif....it begins.

Also, more blurtage from Triple A (god bless him) about Kurse:

Quote:
“When I was first approached about the role, I was a little confused, because my perception of an elf was a dwarf, and I thought, ‘This is interesting - are they going to morph me int this dwarf character?’ But, actually, It’s a very interesting take on a dark elf: this creature who is dark because he comes from a dark world. I can’t tell you that much, but I can tell you Marvel are going all-out to really give this character an incredible visual impact. It's exciting for me, not just as an actor, but as a guy.”

Sounds like Svartalfheim is genuinely "THE Dark World" of the title. I strongly suspect that all those sets we've seen were filmed with night filters, so that the end product will show a world (the Svartalfheim parts, anyway) in pitch darkness.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #372
Crimson King
Throwing shade

I like Jane just fine, but I prefer a Sif relationship for Thor. I hope they start to explore that in the movie.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #373
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Me too CK. I'd rather they have SIF and THOR be an item, over Jne and Thor, tho Thor is FERTILITY GOD LOL

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #374
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Team Jane vs. Team Sif....it begins.
Oh dear. Whatever happens, Team Hiddleston will probably end up winning.

Quote:
Sounds like Svartalfheim is genuinely "THE Dark World" of the title. I strongly suspect that all those sets we've seen were filmed with night filters, so that the end product will show a world (the Svartalfheim parts, anyway) in pitch darkness.
Well... if it was pitch darkness, then we wouldn't see anything on screen =P I just hope it isn't like the close-up shaky cam battle scenes in Thor where you can't tell who's fighting or what's happening half of the time.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #375
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Oh dear. Whatever happens, Team Hiddleston will probably end up winning.
I can vouch for that!

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Closed Thread