Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #851
Raven X
Defying Gravity

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrmusicman14 View Post
That roster is perfect but i think maybe Circe would make it instead of Cheetah or Sapphire. I think Raven and Zatanna would swap because Zatanna and Bruce are childhood friends and Raven would feel the pain of Superman because he lost his child and Lois Lane. It would be cool to see Nightwings reaction to her not being on his team.
but in the magazine pic, Raven was on the same "side" as Nightwing and Catwoman.........if that even means anything.

I guess I could see Raven being drawn to Superman's side because of the pain/empath thing. However, she may object to the totalitarianism, dictator approach Superman seems to adopt. Her father, after all, is a high powered demon bent on world domination........

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #852
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
how about Green Arrow?? does he have an archnemesis?
There's Merlyn, another archer. Then there's Count Vertigo, who can disorient enemies.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #853
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

I really want this game to be good.

Good game = more buyers = sequel/dlc = more dc goodness

Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #854
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

so far from what i've seen im thinking Raven might be unplayable, the lex/bane vs catwoman/nightwing pic is obviously from story mode, so those 4 will be fighting it out, its strange for Raven to be there and not fighting, im thinking shes gonna be the go to person for teleporting, and from my experience the characters in games story modes that teleport people around are never usually playable

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #855
Raven X
Defying Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
so far from what i've seen im thinking Raven might be unplayable, the lex/bane vs catwoman/nightwing pic is obviously from story mode, so those 4 will be fighting it out, its strange for Raven to be there and not fighting, im thinking shes gonna be the go to person for teleporting, and from my experience the characters in games story modes that teleport people around are never usually playable
yeah, but in that pic, Raven IS fighting..........she's facing off with Lex. it looks like Nightwing and Catwoman are facing off against Bane.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #856
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I don't think her being a teleporter is a strike against her b/c a good third of the MK9 cast can teleport. I actually thought it made it more likely she is playable...NR can add a female character w/ a unique move that, from past experience, they already know how to do well.

My thinking is that NR must have pre-prepared any presentation they gave to a magazine so they must have known Raven was there. I really don't see how it would be good for NR to leak info about her, let speculation and hype about her build for a long while, and then disappoint everyone closer to launch by telling us she isn't playable. It clearly benefits NR to letting hype build for a while b/f officially confirming her inclusion...on the other hand, it's just going to bite them in hurt reputation and sales if she's not, in fact, playable at the end.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #857
Raven X
Defying Gravity

^^ yeah, it would be a huge blow to Raven fans to tease her inclusion in the game, only to reveal she's not playable.

if she's not playable, you shouldn't even tease her in the 1st place. same with other characters, really.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #858
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Saw this on another board: An older video (link to video here) but did anyone notice (at 2:24) they said the 24 character selection spots are a "decoy"? He then goes on to say about as many characters as MK9.

I'm still keeping hope alive for 28 characters rather than 24.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #859
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
Saw this on another board: An older video (link to video here) but did anyone notice (at 2:24) they said the 24 character selection spots are a "decoy"? He then goes on to say about as many characters as MK9.

I'm still keeping hope alive for 28 characters rather than 24.
MK9 had 24 playable characters from the start. Then you had two unlockables. so thats 26 playable characters on the disc.

3 unplayable bosses (so for injustice it could be Darkseid Doomsday and ???)

then we got 4 dlc.

So most likely we're gonna get 26 playable characters on disc for injustice not 28 or 30 unless you count dlc.

I hope Im wrong and we get more.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #860
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Found the list and cut-and-pasted it below. W/out including unplayable bosses and w/out including Kratos as a PS3 exclusive character there were 27 characters on disc.

1. Baraka
2. Cyber Sub-Zero
3. Cyrax
4. Ermac
5. Jade
6. Jax
7. Johnny Cage
8. Kabal
9. Kano
10. Kitana
11. Kratos (PS3 Exclusive)
12. Kung Lao
13. Lui Kang
14. Mileena
15. Nightwolf
16. Noob
17. Quan Chi
18. Raiden
19. Reptile
20. Scorpion
21. Sektor
22. Shang Tsung
23. Sheeva
24. Sindel
25. Smoke
26. Sonya
27. Stryker
28. Sub-Zero

DLC
1. Kenshi
2. Scarlet
3. Rain
4. Freddy Kreuger

Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #861
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

NRS didnt tease Raven, she just happened to be in one of the story mode screen shots after they said multiple times not every character that appears in story will be playable, people are making their own assumptions on her inclusion, there will be times when background characters will appear in story mode screenshots, thats unavoidable, its not a sneak, especially after they just said not everyone in story is playable

Also why is everyone talking about Darkseid? when was it ever hinted or alluded to that he would even be in this game? With Supes being the apparent bad guy, and other factors like Doomsday in the mix, I dont personally see how Darkseid fits in this story

Last edited by Sparta*; 01-21-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #862
zenith16
Side-Kick

I think most people just want a boss character sho khan style and Darkseid seems to fit that bill. Especially with what was shown formerly on the first trailer on that messiah hint thing they were pushing originally.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #863
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
NRS didnt tease Raven, she just happened to be in one of the story mode screen shots after they said multiple times not every character that appears in story will be playable, people are making their own assumptions on her inclusion, there will be times when background characters will appear in story mode screenshots, thats unavoidable, its not a sneak, especially after they just said not everyone in story is playable

Also why is everyone talking about Darkseid? when was it ever hinted or alluded to that he would even be in this game? With Supes being the apparent bad guy, and other factors like Doomsday in the mix, I dont personally see how Darkseid fits in this story
pretty sure NRS/WB had a say on what screen shots the magazine could use. So choosing one with raven in the background can be a good sign for her fans.

Remember Smoke was never announced for MK9 we only got a leaked audio (of his intro) and a picture of some guy from NRS working on his character model just a few days/weeks before the game was released.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #864
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Of course NR teased Raven. If NR is giving a magazine access to a game preview featuring Raven then they are teasing fans with the possibility she is in the game. NR is especially culpable if they gave that magazine a way to record and reproduce the image. They would have to be incompetent to think that a magazine would not run w/ an exclusive if they had access to exclusive info.

As for Darkseid, there haven't been any hints about his inclusion. I've heard it suggested that b/c he was in MKvDC he's probably in this but I don't buy that theory. That said, I would like to see him as an unplayable end boss. I can't think of any character that would be better suited.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #865
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

if they release story mode screen shots there will be background characters, its unavoidable, I just dont think its a coincidence they started saying "not all characters that appear in story mode will be playable" around the same time as this inconspicuous Raven pic appeared. Also how do we even know its Raven, what if its the NRS version of Zatanna lolz

Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #866
Raven X
Defying Gravity

Boon tweeted that it DOES look like Raven, although he did say not every story character will be playable.

but right before that he tweeted that the Injustice comic is getting RAVE reviews......which may or may not be a hint.........

right now, we have no idea if Raven is playable. She's in the category of Sinestro, Shazam, Black Adam, Doomsday, Aquaman, and Ares. who have all been hinted at but not officially confirmed.

until I see actual gameplay footage/confirmation of Raven as playable character, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.........

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #867
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

^ They actually started saying that w/ the magazine info about Aquaman, Shazam, Sinestro, and Doomsday then they repeated it w/ Raven. You are right of course that there is a chance they are not playable. I think though that they are saying that just to generate speculation, keep discussion about their game going, and build hype. I don't think a skilled business person would allow a magazine to run photos of non-included characters b/c then they have to disappoint your paying fans at or right b/f launch.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #868
Raven X
Defying Gravity

right. getting an "exclusive" reveal of some non-playable background character is far, far less exciting.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #869
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Boon tweeted that it DOES look like Raven, although he did say not every story character will be playable.

but right before that he tweeted that the Injustice comic is getting RAVE reviews......which may or may not be a hint.........

right now, we have no idea if Raven is playable. She's in the category of Sinestro, Shazam, Black Adam, Doomsday, Aquaman, and Ares. who have all been hinted at but not officially confirmed.

until I see actual gameplay footage/confirmation of Raven as playable character, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.........
Shes in trust me, otherwise boon wouldnt tease about her

Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #870
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I wish NR would start officially telling and showing us more of the game. How long has it been since we got a game trailer or some video featuring some gameplay?

I'm still wondering what kind of constructs Green Lantern will have let alone whether "teased" characters x, y, and z are in the game.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #871
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

well I definitely hope she's in, her powers would be awesome in this game, im just trying to be cautiously optimistic. Like RavenX said, only time can tell for sure at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Shes in trust me, otherwise boon wouldnt tease about her

just like he wouldnt tease about Penguin? what do you think his chances are? hes gotta throw out some false hints, this is Boon we're talking about

Old 01-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #872
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Boon is a troll and he'll tease about characters like the Penguin all day. However, he's also very experienced and talented at marketing his products. For the reasons I stated above, I don't think he'd continue to troll characters after an image has been released into the public if that character was not actually playable in the game.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #873
Raven X
Defying Gravity

and the difference between Raven and Penguin, so far at least, is that an image of Raven has been shown to the public and published in a magazine.

whereas Penguin was just a folder name in a pic of Boon's desktop he tweeted.

and as a I posted way back when, there was that rumor about the voice actors for Raven, Cyborg, and Deathstroke. ( on that note, I hope Tara Strong does double duty and voices both Raven and Harley. that is, if Tara is even voicing Harley. ).

That being said, I'm with Sparta*. I'm cautiously optimistic, too. I'll believe it when I see it.

and yes, we are long overdue for some more trailers and actual gameplay footage.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #874
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

I think that all these teased characters are playable. Cause really why wouldn't Ares not be playable, or Sinestro. Both are very high ranking rogues in DC Universe.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #875
Raven X
Defying Gravity

oh, and I finally picked up MK9 yesterday. I got the Komplete Edition.

I tried out Noob and Ermac, and I can definitely see Raven's playstyle in those characters.

Noob has that ghost energy ball attack that prevents people from blocking, as well as shadow and portal attacks.

Ermac has TK attacks, lifts, and slams.

Disney Lover!!
Closed Thread