The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #201
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think WB is looking to take Batman in a different direction?

It actually might work and be pretty different for a Batman movie, but im not usually into those kind of villains for Bats. It reminds me of Spideys villains, only darker. But i guess the genre they would be working in could be pretty neat visually.

Im positive we wouldnt see something like that for a long while though.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #202
The Crimson Man
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjxxx View Post
My Batman series would be darker and have a horror tone. My Batman would be mostly dark, silent, hardly speaks, and angry looking. His costume would be based on Bob Kane's original suit. My villains would be the Vampire Monk from Detective 31-32, Hugo Strange and his mutants, Man-Bat, and a Killer Croc from Train to Wet Dark. I would add a more romantic and seemingly happier Bruce Wayne oppose to the whiny Nolan Version with Julie Madison as his fiancé.
I, too, would prefer this. I prefer Batman when he is on his own, which allows for him to be dark, quiet, scary, etc. Unfortunately that Batman couldn't be done for the Justice League, because interaction with Supes and the rest is so important. Sure, he would kind of be a loner type, but interaction is still crucial. Having dark Batman go to team Batman all of a sudden would seem strange.

The Crimson Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #203
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crimson Man View Post
I, too, would prefer this. I prefer Batman when he is on his own, which allows for him to be dark, quiet, scary, etc. Unfortunately that Batman couldn't be done for the Justice League, because interaction with Supes and the rest is so important. Sure, he would kind of be a loner type, but interaction is still crucial. Having dark Batman go to team Batman all of a sudden would seem strange.

Actually, I think it can. That is if you have two or three movies exploring Batman's inner darkness and processing to team Batman. What I mean is having Robin's introduction in the second or third movie change batman into a team Batman.

Bigjxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #204
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Wall Re: Do you think WB is looking to take Batman in a different direction?

A Batman that is - dark, quiet, scary, hardly speaks, and angry looking. Will help a lot to de-popularize him and bring his popularity to the level of Punisher and Judge Dredd.

Way to go after becoming popular in TDK trilogy.

Edit: How many comic book characters have benefited by looking angry, quiet, scary are Punisher, Hulk, Judge Dredd and Wolverine billion dollar franchises ?

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 01-20-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Bruce_Begins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #205
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
A Batman that is - dark, quiet, scary, hardly speaks, and angry looking. Will help a lot to de-popularize him and bring his popularity to the level of Punisher and Judge Dredd.

Way to go after becoming popular in TDK trilogy.

Edit: How many comic book characters have benefited by looking angry, quiet, scary are Punisher, Hulk, Judge Dredd and Wolverine billion dollar franchises ?
You must be a strong Nolanite. I guess You forgot about the silent dark Batman from Burton's first movie. My vision of Batman is based the very early, pre-Robin Batman of Kane and Robinson.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #206
shauner111
Side-Kick

The next Batman needs to be dark and a serious narrative just like Nolans but Gotham needs to look different. And he needs to be quiet. Barely saying a word, ever.

The action scenes need to be more "fun". Im sure they'll be in 3D unless they hire a director who is really against that idea.

The differences will be the more comic-booky action scenes, the look of the city and the accuracy of each character, as they are in the comics. But they should still strive for hiring actors who aren't going to ham it up. The writing has to stay serious and the tone needs to be dark.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #207
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think it should be more hyper-realistic dark. Similar to the AA games in a sense. Keep it a hard PG-13 as that series is, but still fantastical enough to sell toys.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #208
the last son
Side-Kick

Yes I hope they keep Batman as mature as he can get. Even if it meant going rated R. Would that limit his popularity? sure. But I care more about masterpieces then a popularity contest. If you must go light no lighter than Arkham city

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #209
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Absolutely no way they will make an R-rated Batman film.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #210
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
The next Batman needs to be dark and a serious narrative just like Nolans but Gotham needs to look different. And he needs to be quiet. Barely saying a word, ever.

The action scenes need to be more "fun". Im sure they'll be in 3D unless they hire a director who is really against that idea.

The differences will be the more comic-booky action scenes, the look of the city and the accuracy of each character, as they are in the comics. But they should still strive for hiring actors who aren't going to ham it up. The writing has to stay serious and the tone needs to be dark.
Amen to that. Nolan never delivered Gotham City. My Gotham City is full of art deco and darkness with a Blood Red sky.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #211
shauner111
Side-Kick

I loved Nolans Gotham for what it was, but the reboot needs to turn the other way.

A blood red sky is a bit much.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #212
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I loved Nolans Gotham for what it was, but the reboot needs to turn the other way.

A blood red sky is a bit much.
It worked for Matt Wagner's Gotham City and Bruce Timm's Gotham.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #213
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah but i dont see it happening in live-action.