The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #26
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Default Re: A Jose Canseco bat?Tell me you didn't pay money for this?-The Official Raphael Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I really liked his thick Brooklyn type of speech in the original movie.
So did I....as a kid that version was the definition of Raph to me..

Even watching the cartoon that raph didn't compare to movie raph...it made a lasting impression on me

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
louiebling$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #27
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: A Jose Canseco bat?Tell me you didn't pay money for this?-The Official Raphael Th

Raph has had the Brooklyn accent since the first film, from the sequels to the 2003 cartoon to TMNT.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #28
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Classic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #29
The Morningstar
Banned User

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #30
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Raph has had the Brooklyn accent since the first film, from the sequels to the 2003 cartoon to TMNT.
I didn't really watch the 2003 cartoon all that much so I can't remember =/

Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #31
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah, Raph's had the new york accent since the first live action Ninja Turtles film. Kinda like..how Leo's voice from the 80's cartoon influenced the casting of the preceding Leo voices in the movies and later TV shows/cartoons. All of the Leo voice has the same tone as the original Leo.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #32
Project862006
Banned User

in honor of the thread title!!!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #33
The Morningstar
Banned User

I love that scene.

"Looked sorta like a big turtle, in a trench coat"

Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #34
The /
Side-Kick

Quote:
I love that scene.

"Looked sorta like a big turtle, in a trench coat"
I love that the actor who did the voice of Raphael in the first film, Josh Pais, is the guy in the back of the cab. All these years later, I still get a chuckle out of that because you can definitely hear Raph in his voice when he says "What the heck was that?!" For me, it's always fun to watch Scream 3, because Josh Pais plays a detective in that movie and every line he utters, I feel like I'm listening to Raph.

The / is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:58 AM   #35
Octoberist
point blank

Am I the only one who freaked out that Raph in the live action movies were voiced by different actors? I thought Josh Pais did all three movies!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Does anyone else think Josh Pais sounded like he was kind of doing a John Travolta/Tony Manero impression at some points when voicing Raphael?

BruceWanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #37
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWanner View Post
Does anyone else think Josh Pais sounded like he was kind of doing a John Travolta/Tony Manero impression at some points when voicing Raphael?
As a kid, I thought he was doing Ice Cube. Especially with the walk, and mannerisms.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
Project862006
Banned User

Ralph Reacts to Michael Bay Doing TMNT
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #39
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

What would you like to see Raph do in this film?

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #40
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
As I said in the last thread, please don't have another "Raph gets mad and runs away" storyline in here. It's been done to death.
But, it's part of his character. It's what he does. He get's ticked off about something, goes away to cool his head, and tends to come back just in the nick of time.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #41
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The / View Post
I love that the actor who did the voice of Raphael in the first film, Josh Pais, is the guy in the back of the cab. All these years later, I still get a chuckle out of that because you can definitely hear Raph in his voice when he says "What the heck was that?!" For me, it's always fun to watch Scream 3, because Josh Pais plays a detective in that movie and every line he utters, I feel like I'm listening to Raph.
1990 Raph was unique, because he was the only one voiced and did the stunt work by the same man. The other Turtles were voiced and acted by different individuals. Also, all of the stunt actors had brief cameos in the movie as well.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #42
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But, it's part of his character. It's what he does. He get's ticked off about something, goes away to cool his head, and tends to come back just in the nick of time.
But you can't use that as a crutch for every movie and say that's 'his character arc'; it becomes less effective and compelling that way.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #43
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindreaper21 View Post

What would you like to see Raph do in this film?
Finally go beserk, and off somebody like Wolverine did to Stryker's soldiers in X2.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #44
The Morningstar
Banned User

Yea i think that could be interesting. Instead of the cliche "Raph gets mad and runs away". They could maybe show Raph go a little too far, and deal with the ramifications of that.

Maybe not actually kill someone, but you know, go completely ape **** and brutalise them, make his brothers shocked, maybe even a little frightened.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #45
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
Yea i think that could be interesting. Instead of the cliche "Raph gets mad and runs away". They could maybe show Raph go a little too far, and deal with the ramifications of that.

Maybe not actually kill someone, but you know, go completely ape **** and brutalise them, make his brothers shocked, maybe even a little frightened.
100% Agreed....that is the exact appraoch they need to take...it would be the perfect way to bring a new take on Raph without changing his character

Old 04-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #46
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

when bay was talking about them being from another planet or whatever he did say that KIDS will believe they actally exist

which makes me think they wont make raph a dark character who nearly goes out and kills someone because this is for kids aswell as fans, so id gather it will be just raph having a quick temper and enjoying kicking butt

GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #47
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:

They actually touched on his rage in the 2k3 toon. And it was ripped right out of the actual comics. There is a scene where he's sparring with Michelangelo, and he get's so ticked off, he goes into a rage and almost beats Mikey with a pipe. After Leo and Donny stop him, he realized what he was about to do, and go topside for a while to cool down. Of course, this is where he meets Casey Jones.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #48
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Nothing adapted Raph considering Mikey his best friend
I want to see that at least in the upcoming film

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #49
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Nothing adapted Raph considering Mikey his best friend
I want to see that at least in the upcoming film
Yeah in the original Mirage Comic, that was the case, and was stated in the RPG the only thing keeping Ralph from killing himself or the other turtles was his close friendship with Michealangelo, And also had a close bond with Casey Jones. This seemed to be switched in the 1990 movie, which portrays Don being close to both Mike and Casey , and Rapheal being a loner.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #50
Raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
1990 Raph was unique, because he was the only one voiced and did the stunt work by the same man. The other Turtles were voiced and acted by different individuals. Also, all of the stunt actors had brief cameos in the movie as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Am I the only one who freaked out that Raph in the live action movies were voiced by different actors? I thought Josh Pais did all three movies!

Josh only voiced and played Raph in TMNT 1. He did not do stunts, that was a martial arts guy. I don't know why Josh didn't return to the other movies it could be any reason, I can speculate that it was way too hard for him. The weight of the outfits would cause them to sweat gallons....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The / View Post
Well, yeah...that is his voice. All the time. 24/7.....

For the record today Josh runs his own acting class and does small parts in movies.

Raphael is offline   Reply With Quote