The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #126
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Im not all that interested in a novel that shows what happens with Blake after Bruce retires. I wouldnt mind one that fills in the gaps of what happens in between movies, but not what happens after TDKR. I can understand why some would want to see what happens after Bruce retires, but i prefer to treat it as an elseworlds story that ends with TDKR. I think using your imagination for what happens afterwards is better. Blake as Batman could make for an interesting graphic novel, but it would no doubt be polarizing. Some people think Blake shouldnt be Batman, i for one agree with those people.

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #127
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I for one definitely think Robin should be Batman. He has the mind and he has that great heart and soul for it, just not the muscle for it...yet. I'm sure Blake would have decided to do some training to get into the Batman physique.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #128
shauner111
Side-Kick

I prefer him as Nightwing myself. Using the bat signal and the cave.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #129
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, it's hard for me to get past the fact that JGL in a Nightwing suit (based on manips) just looks so...right. Plus the fact that he drew the bat-symbol in the "V" shaped Nightwing way. I like to imagine he would evolve the symbol into his own thing. But that's the beauty of the ending, we can all imagine it how we like.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #130
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
But that's the beauty of the ending, we can all imagine it how we like.
Agreed. Blake as Batman, Blake as Nightwing, Blake just using the resources in the Batcave to only feed intelligence to the GCPD(a possibility since there can really be no more Batsuits, the Tumbler and the Bat both being destroyed, the Bat-pod could have stayed with Selina) so the Batman legacy is only left as a piece of hope with keeping Batman, the person, dead. All in the choice of the viewer and who they will think what'll happen.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #131
shauner111
Side-Kick

Exactly. Blake would certainly need to get a new suit from Fox and a new vehicle.

I like that idea of Blake not even being needed and just there incase something goes wrong, with him feeding information to the GCPD through his inherited equipment and detective skills. But there's one thing that seems off about it. If nothing really dangerous happens during Blake's youth, and he just stays behind the computers once in a while (without extensive training or experience under any suit at all). Then what happens if something big happens after? There wont be time for Blake to handpick a successor and wont be able to train him physically.

So you can argue that Nolans intention was for the end to be Blake becoming the next suited crime-fighter.

And it still stands that this part is left to our imagination, and we dont have to see it.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote