Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
to be fair... 90% of avengers villains have been on the Masters team in one form or another be it comics or television

and i HIGHLY doubt living laser will be on film ever... it'd be like spidey taking on Boomerang or IronMan facing Blizzard...
Isn't Iron Man facing Whiplash much the same as Iron Man facing Blizzard? There's barely any difference in status between the two. In fact, the two of them usually appear together in Iron Man as part of a team of goons he singlehandedly beats.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Isn't Iron Man facing Whiplash much the same as Iron Man facing Blizzard? There's barely any difference in status between the two. In fact, the two of them usually appear together in Iron Man as part of a team of goons he singlehandedly beats.
Electric whips trump human snow blower in movie land

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

In regards to Feige's interview, does that indicate that the plane action sequence occurs early in the movie? as in, before his mansion gets destroyed? the latter is implied to occur early in the film, and Feige said his suit is damaged after that. but in the trailer his suit looks perfectly clean and undamaged, at least on the outside.

hmm, then again, the plane sequence could also occur much later in the film. although, the guard that he shoots with his repulsor blast is meant to become coldblood, which would imply that it is early in the film, as it is likely this attack which turns him into a villain.

IF the plane sequence indeed takes place early in the film, before the mansion is destroyed, that means we have seen zero footage for the later action scenes, which is pretty great/crazy seeing as the first trailer for iron man 2 showed the stark expo finale briefly.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

It was astral projection. However, based on what astral projection actually really is, out of body experience, placing your conciousness into your higher dimensional astral body, and letting it wander and explore different realms, or in Loki's case, as an advanced being from asgard, apparently he can freely travel in the physical as realm as well in this body. (assuming of course where he went to meet the other was still the third dimension" And from a 3rd dimensional POV on earth, yes, in a way, Loki's astral projection WOULD be going on in his head, as far as his physical body on eath is concerned... to support what LokiD was saying.

Essentially Loki's consciousness was in a higher dimensional body, or a "spirit body" of his when he went to talk to the other, while his three dimensional body remained in his little Shield hideout, however, I'm sure his three dimensional body wasn't limp, or "asleep" as he probably could have some sort of awareness there simultaneously, but I am getting a wee bit too spiritual here :P

however, it is worth noting, that The Other physically touched Loki at the end there, something that I would expect not be able to happen, unless, The other is operating on a higher dimension as well, and they met in a higher dimension, the two of them.

Or, it was just for effect

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-21-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I don't know if that scene was really meant to cause too much discussion, just there to show more of who Loki was working with. Gosh I wish IronMan would come out already!!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It was astral projection. However, based on what astral projection actually really is, out of body experience, placing your conciousness into your higher dimensional astral body, and letting it wander and explore different realms, or in Loki's case, as an advanced being from asgard, apparently he can freely travel in the physical as realm as well in this body. (assuming of course where he went to meet the other was still the third dimension" And from a 3rd dimensional POV on earth, yes, in a way, Loki's astral projection WOULD be going on in his head, as far as his physical body on eath is concerned... to support what LokiD was saying.
In astral projection, you leave your host body. So no, it would not just be going on inside his head. It was a vary curious element to have in the film, certainly wasn't expecting something like that going in.

Quote:
Essentially Loki's consciousness was in a higher dimensional body, or a "spirit body" of his when he went to talk to the other, while his three dimensional body remained in his little Shield hideout, however, I'm sure his three dimensional body wasn't limp, or "asleep" as he probably could have some sort of awareness there simultaneously, but I am getting a wee bit too spiritual here :P

however, it is worth noting, that The Other physically touched Loki at the end there, something that I would expect not be able to happen, unless, The other is operating on a higher dimension as well, and they met in a higher dimension, the two of them.

Or, it was just for effect
Exactly, his consciousness moved into another dimensional body.

I love that scene between he and The Other, it's one of my Top 5 in the whole film. "You think you know pain? He'll make you long for something as sweet as pain" and then you get that creepy hand across Loki's face. Love it.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post

I love that scene between he and The Other, it's one of my Top 5 in the whole film. "You think you know pain? He'll make you long for something as sweet as pain" and then you get that creepy hand across Loki's face. Love it.
yeah I love that line too.. shows a little bit of how scary Thanos really is.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yeah I love that line too.. shows a little bit of how scary Thanos really is.

Shows how scary The Other is, mainly. Dude can send severe physical pain across time and space to zap the **** out of an Asgardian god.

Trifled with, he is not to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
In regards to Feige's interview, does that indicate that the plane action sequence occurs early in the movie? as in, before his mansion gets destroyed? the latter is implied to occur early in the film, and Feige said his suit is damaged after that. but in the trailer his suit looks perfectly clean and undamaged, at least on the outside.

hmm, then again, the plane sequence could also occur much later in the film. although, the guard that he shoots with his repulsor blast is meant to become coldblood, which would imply that it is early in the film, as it is likely this attack which turns him into a villain.

IF the plane sequence indeed takes place early in the film, before the mansion is destroyed, that means we have seen zero footage for the later action scenes, which is pretty great/crazy seeing as the first trailer for iron man 2 showed the stark expo finale briefly.
I don't know when the attack on Air Force One occurs in the film, but I firmly believe there's a very, very strong chance that Tony Stark is not in that suit of Iron Man armor at all. It seems to be a sentient armor, or a remotely controlled drone, that is actually attacking the President at the behest of Mandarin and/or Killian or whoever.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Shows how scary The Other is, mainly. Dude can send severe physical pain across time and space to zap the **** out of an Asgardian god.

Trifled with, he is not to be.

I don't know when the attack on Air Force One occurs in the film, but I firmly believe there's a very, very strong chance that Tony Stark is not in that suit of Iron Man armor at all. It seems to be a sentient armor, or a remotely controlled drone, that is actually attacking the President at the behest of Mandarin and/or Killian or whoever.
I'd tend to agree, except we see iron man rescue the stewardess as well. im thinking his armor gets hacked, he attacks the plane, then he regains control eventually and has to save the falling crew.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #12
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
In astral projection, you leave your host body. So no, it would not just be going on inside his head. It was a vary curious element to have in the film, certainly wasn't expecting something like that going in.

Exactly, his consciousness moved into another dimensional body.

I love it too haha. I just meant though, that like, from seeing it from a 3 dimensional view only, it would *appear* that he is just in his own thought, bah lol idk

Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #13
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'd say the it's an astral projection too.

Loki's sceptre starts glowing when the whole thing begins, he closes his eyes, concentrating. He is told that the Chitauri are restless by the Other and he feels pain (on earth) when the Other touches Loki's "body" in space.

Looks more like a kind of communication / projection to me than Loki just remembering events from the past.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #14
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The crew of Iron Man 3 filmed some explosions at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood last night.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The twerps at Bleeding Cool tried to gin up some controversy about this, citing imagined parallels to the theater shooting in Colorado. That's a stretch, and stupid to boot.

Last edited by xeno000; 01-22-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Added another video
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #15
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Digging the second video, nice find!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #16
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Digging the second video, nice find!
The videos were posted over at the-site-that-shall-not-be-named (whose initials are c-b-m). There is a third video there with a bigger explosions and extras running and screaming, but I didn't post it here because someone in the background used naughty words.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #17
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

yeah i just saw. i visit it wayy too often lol. what's the deal with that site not being allowed on here?

Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #18
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
yeah i just saw. i visit it wayy too often lol. what's the deal with that site not being allowed on here?
From what I've heard, links to the other site are banned because some of their editors copied news articles from SHH's main site without giving credit. I think the cbm folks have stirred up bad blood with a number of other sites because for the most part they simply recycle stories reported by others and post them over there. The sites that did the original reporting lose hits because of that.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #19
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

he's probably extremis powered cold blood when he is shot on the plane

Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
he's probably extremis powered cold blood when he is shot on the plane
doubt it. but to each their own.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #21
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
doubt it. but to each their own.
true, guess we'll just have to wait and see. I just thought it was already reported that the plane scene is third act.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #22
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The crew of Iron Man 3 filmed some explosions at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood last night.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The twerps at Bleeding Cool tried to gin up some controversy about this, citing imagined parallels to the theater shooting in Colorado. That's a stretch, and stupid to boot.
I notice it still says "Grauman's." I thought it had been bought and renamed by that Chinese company that's supposed to have lots of product placement in IM3....?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I notice it still says "Grauman's." I thought it had been bought and renamed by that Chinese company that's supposed to have lots of product placement in IM3....?
Don't expect people to refer to the Eiffel Tower as 'Samsung Tower' just because Samsung bought it and changed its name.*
Grauman's is a name (and brand) people grew up with, one of the most recognizable buildings in LA and the new name will take some time to replace the established

*this didn't happen, it is just an example

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

So you international guys aka not here in the states will be getting it about a week earlier. You know the drill.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
So you international guys aka not here in the states will be getting it about a week earlier. You know the drill.
no surprise here.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Closed Thread