The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the Shiar in the x-men movies would be more than amazing.

supposedly Bryan had them in his version of X3, but who knows if Fox will adapt them one day or not
I've never heard that he had the Shi'ar in his X3. Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Id love to see the x-men move to the space. to see the whole team on the gallaxy in their uniforms and meeting other races would be EPIC.

we'll probably have to wait more than a decade for that
Yes, I think space is a way off at the moment for the X-Men.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
Angamb
Banned User

someone who met Bryan two years ago told me. Bryan talked about FC and some of the things he wanted for X3, about the cast, which he loves, wanting to do another movie and all of that.

I was as surprised as you hearing that, lol

seems really strange taking into account his realistic approach of X1 and X2, but since he even put the fire effect on Jean on X2 and the Phoenix silouethe, at the end, I guess he had more sci-fi plans than most fans thought

such sad news to know all of this after how X3 was

Last edited by Angamb; 01-11-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

If the X-Men were to go to space I hope they'd include the Imperial Guard. Gladiator!

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #29
Angamb
Banned User

Ok guys, I made these two versions some weeks ago, of how Fox could continue their properties, with two possible scenarios for the x-men casts in particular.

I have to mention first some points:

- I used a three years gap for the F4 franchise, like Fox did with original x-men trilogy.

- Personally, I think there will be one year where Fox wont release a comic book movie, since I think it would too much of a perfect world to have a team movie each year, even if its F4 or x-men, so I took that into account on my lists.

- At the same time, I think Fox will break the three years gap between x-men team movies sooner or later, specially if they use the two casts during next years, so this could create a situation where on one year we have a x-men team movie And a F4 sequel. This could be one unique exception, of course. We dont know when this could happen, but I think the possibility exits. so who knows.

- I didnt include any spin-off, because I think they could come a bit later, and since they havent given Deadpool the greenlight since 2009, I think Fox isnt confident about spin-offs yet, even if Marvel has done it, but they have with characters like Ironman, Thor and Cap, so its a different case I think. So I focused on team movies, and even if I say "end of saga" (x-men) on both options, just take it as a final movie with that cast, not the real end of this franchise, since they can keep moving with new teams and spinoff, as we have already discussed.

So, these are my two possible scenarios:

Option 1:

2014: X-MEN: Days of future past
2015: Fantastic four reborn
2016: X-Men: First Class 3 (end of trilogy with new cast)
2017: year of rest (no comic adaptacion from Fox) or new x-men spin-off
2018: Fantastic four 2
X-men: Age of Apocalypsis I (X4)
2019: X-men: Age of Apocalypsis II (X5. End of x-men saga with original cast)
2020: ?
2021: Fantastic four 3
2022: x-men spinoff

Option 2:

2014: X-MEN: Days of future past
2015: Fantastic Four
2016: X-Men: Age of Apocalypsis I
2017: X-Men: Age of Apocalypsis II (last movie with original cast)
2018: Fantastic Four 2
2019: X-Men: First Class 3
2020: year of rest (no comic adaptacion from Fox) or new x-men spin-off
2021: Fantastic four 3
2022: X-men: First Class 4 (end of saga with new cast, set in the 80's)

Last edited by Angamb; 01-11-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #30
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
the Shiar in the x-men movies would be more than amazing.

supposedly Bryan had them in his version of X3, but who knows if Fox will adapt them one day or not

Id love to see the x-men move to the space. to see the whole team on the gallaxy in their uniforms and meeting other races would be EPIC.

we'll probably have to wait more than a decade for that
To me I would rather want them to do Apocalypse/Horsemen first before they move on to space. Actually they could adapt so many stories from the comic-books that features unique surroundings/environment (like the Morlocks/the Broods/Savage Land). its just that the previous five films felt very realistic and not comic-booky and it would be odd to see X-Men go to space and travel through a space-ship. It would be such a drastic transition.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #31
def28
Side-Kick

As long as its written well no one will care. We are getting time travel and Giant robots. Thats as Sci Fi as you get imo. Its a step in the right direction. As long as it works in the story they are telling it should be all good.

FF would be a good idea to give some background on the space stuff though.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #32
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
You do realize that

a:To have Cyclops lead X-Men film you eather have to have time travel undo the Last Stand to resurrect him at end or jump to 1980's and already have a prequel lineup of hi,Jean,storm,and maybe beast
B:a big part of age of apocalpse Is trying to restore the timeline
C:To have Silver surfer solo film you have to put him In a FF sequel first

Uncanny X-Force sounds like It was after I quit getting marvel comics In 2005 due to Quesda regime so I don't know what kind of timeline or what Dark Angel Is.
WHY?

Fox could do a Surfer origin film right now before rebooting the FF if they wanted to - one has nothing to do with the other.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #33
Angamb
Banned User

we need more lists, guys!!

its really fun to see how each fan imagines the future of the studio. And would be interesting to see years later which one of us came with the closest one to the real plan by Fox

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #34
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Here's my list at last! At first I never had time, and then I thought that studios wouldn't copy ideas from the internet so if I put something good then it would never get adapted for the screen!

But here it is:

2014: X-Men: Days of Future Past - ends with return of Jean (Famke), Cyclops (James), in combined team and altered timeline with best of First Class and original cast

2015: Fantastic Four Reborn

2016: X-Men: First Class 3 - Set in 70s, we see young Scott already at the school at start of film, then we see Jean’s powers emerge as friend Annie dies and she goes to Xavier’s school, Shadow King senses Jean’s amazing powers, Xavier vs Shadow King in astral plane battle in Egypt or Kenya, he goes bald, and the origin/recruitment of Storm is included in the story. End of First Class series

2017: Fantastic Four 2

2018: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

2019: Fantastic Four/X-Men crossover - versus Galactus. Doctor Doom ends up helping the good guys, Galactus is ultimately defeated by Phoenix. Ends with idea of new X-Men teams being formed.

2020: Wolverine: X-Force - this sees Wolverine put together X-Force, including Deadpool, they go up against Russian mutants (the ‘Soviet Super-Soldiers’ from the comics - Darkstar etc, and add in Omega Red) or Alpha Flight.

2021: The New Mutants/Generation X - a new team trained by Wolverine or Storm or Emma Frost

2022: Deadpool spin-off

Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
def28
Side-Kick

Im digging how pretty much everyone has AOA on their list.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #36
Angamb
Banned User

Interesting list Xmaniac

I like how most of us have a x-men movie almost each year, even if its a bit unlikely, lol

looking at your list for example, you have F4, FC3 the year after, then F4, then XMen Apocalypse, then XMen/F4 crossover, and all of that in just 5 years, that would be EPIC lol

but honesly, I dont believe Fox would play that big in that period of time

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #37
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Interesting list Xmaniac

I like how most of us have a x-men movie almost each year, even if its a bit unlikely, lol

looking at your list for example, you have F4, FC3 the year after, then F4, then XMen Apocalypse, then XMen/F4 crossover, and all of that in just 5 years, that would be EPIC lol

but honesly, I dont believe Fox would play that big in that period of time
Probably they wouldn't, but mine was also more of a 'wish list' than a realistic expectation.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #38
Angamb
Banned User

more or less like all of us, at the end of the day

hopefully Fox surprises us in the next years someway or another.

lets see what happens

Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #39
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

More than likely we can forget Deadpool, and I always thought they would not do First Class 3 but instead go from DoFP to AoA.

However, Mark Millar's comments about the existing trilogy being like the Star Wars Episode 4,5 and 6 would suggest that we are getting three prequels - First Class, DoFP and one more.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #40
Angamb
Banned User

definetly, I have no doubt about it. With Jennifer getting bigger day after day and Fassbender too, but a bit slower, Fox wont let this cast die, thats for sure.

About Deadpool..... I always thought Fox wasnt that confident in more spin-offs, at least until last year or so. But if Millar is really creating a plan with Fox, I think its one of the strongest contenders.

I dont see a Cable movie right now. Specially before another FC sequel or X4.

Fox should be really careful with their very next spin-off, because Wolverine is their "biggest x-men", but his movies dont seem to have that huge worldwide appeal like heroes like Ironman, Batman, and maybe even Thor (lets see how the sequel works on November tho).

So... taking all of this into account, each day Im more confident that Fox will end doing another team movie with a good part of original cast sooner rather than later.

Days of future past will be the test. If the movie kills the boxoffice much better than X3, we can be sure bigger things will come after it.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Im digging how pretty much everyone has AOA on their list.
I think most people here wants to see Apocalypse as X-Men's next big villain in the movies.

Quote:
Fox should be really careful with their very next spin-off, because Wolverine is their "biggest x-men", but his movies dont seem to have that huge worldwide appeal like heroes like Ironman, Batman, and maybe even Thor (lets see how the sequel works on November tho).

So... taking all of this into account, each day Im more confident that Fox will end doing another team movie with a good part of original cast sooner rather than later.

Days of future past will be the test. If the movie kills the boxoffice much better than X3, we can be sure bigger things will come after it.
Wolverine is the most well-known X-Men character and he's the face of the X-Men for a lot of casual viewers but I feel like the movie that he's in has more potential for success if he's with the X-Men. Thats one of the reasons why Origins didn't cross the 200 mark in the domestic box-office. Wolverine with the X-Men is more commercial and appealing than Wolverine going through his adventures just by himself.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #42
Angamb
Banned User

exactly.

thats why Fox should focus on more x-men team movies and less Wolverine stories around the world.

lets see how well The Wolverine works.

I hope it doesnt become the biggest x-men movie to date now of a sudden lol that could hurt the future of the franchise a little bit, Im afraid

Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #43
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I highly doubt The Wolverine will outgross X-Men: the Last Stand at the box-office. Other movies that came out from a successful franchise like Mission Impossible 4, Fast Five and MIB didn't even outgross X2. The Wolverine should at least earn 100 million at the box-office.

Though the worldwide box-office is less predictable. I wouldn't be surprised if it managed to outgross X3's worldwide box-office numbers especially with 3D tickets. They should also release the movie in IMAX.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think the WOlverine could be the last Solo film.Kinda hard for a trilogy since they are pretty much Ignoring Origins.It hould be noted Hugh jackman and Lauren Shueller Donnor originally only wanted to do the japanese saga as a one off stand aloe film but fox wanted to do origin first.And once you have done the japanese saga you have done the best solo story.

after we see Days of future past It will be easier to guess what direction they are going.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #45
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think the WOlverine could be the last Solo film.Kinda hard for a trilogy since they are pretty much Ignoring Origins.It hould be noted Hugh jackman and Lauren Shueller Donnor originally only wanted to do the japanese saga as a one off stand aloe film but fox wanted to do origin first.And once you have done the japanese saga you have done the best solo story.

after we see Days of future past It will be easier to guess what direction they are going.
Yes but we still have to see how The Wolverine movie will perform at the box-office. It wouldn't be so hard for FOX to greenlight another Wolverine movie especially if the 2nd Wolverine movie ends up performing really well at the box-office. But I hope it doesn't do well that much because I really want FOX to just focus on team movies like X4.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #46
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, if Wolverine is received well overall and is a huge success for Fox then why not bring on a sequel? He has decades worth of material.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #47
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Plus a third Wolverine movie wouldn't be more expensive than making another First Class movie or doing a X-Men 4 movie because the only actor that really has to comeback is Hugh Jackman. So I could see FOX doing a third Wolverine movie especially if The Wolverine outgross First Class at the box-office.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #48
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We want the Wolverine to do better than 100 million domesticly.Some users here like YoungPrime are just wanting to com here and brag that X-Men fanchise at fox Is doomed
and flopping.I expect It to do at least Origins level business but It won't reach X2 or Last Stand.Plus If you want another film with original cast without first Class actors you don't want a film with the Robert Downey JR of X-Men underperforming.

The wolverine Is only comic book film of year I am excited about.The entire Disney VS Fox war on the board Is reducing my intrest In Marvel studios films.Especilly with marvel taking so much from Ultimate marvel line.

Iron Man 3-It's based on Extremates partly and I hated that.Plus war Machine armor doesn't even resemble the wa rmachine from comics anymore.Plus they have a mandarian In name only
Man of Steel-I never liked another reboot but I have absolety hated the teasers.
Thor:The Dark World-I don't even know the new villains plus I always said If darcy was brought back I wouldn't see It.And they have dary back supposly In larger role.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Plus a third Wolverine movie wouldn't be more expensive than making another First Class movie or doing a X-Men 4 movie because the only actor that really has to comeback is Hugh Jackman. So I could see FOX doing a third Wolverine movie especially if The Wolverine outgross First Class at the box-office.
The wolverine will outgross First Class.

ANother wolverine solo film could always have a couple of X-Men trilogy
actors In It as well.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #50
Angamb
Banned User

TW will probably outgross FC.

the big question is if it will be able to outgross X2 or even X3