The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #426
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

My problem with them being in the avengers movie is that right now, even though they are all marvel characters, spiderman is different from the xmen, they each are their own thing, just like the avengers are their own thing. Having them ALL exist in the same universe would be cool. However, putting spiderman and wolverine in a movie with the avengers (who at this point are their own thing, from a film's standpoint) would take away from hulk thor cap and ironman, and sort of become viewed as spiderman wolvering first. Having two big characters in a franchise with lesser known characters that worked its' way to the top would, in my eyes, take away from the avengers.

Given how the MCU isn't the comics, I'd say let the avengers stay to avengers, and let the mcu do what it's been doing, turning lesser known heroes into, well, stars. Adding Spiderman and Wolvering in the same FILM I feel like would take away from the avengers, and what they have done and brought into the spotlight as avengers. They aren't as big as spidy and wolverine, let the franchise grow without them

Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #427
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
I agree with everything you said but... couldn't all that change if the Justice League movie turns out to be extremely successful? Suddenly we would have a situation where DC puts their two most valuable players - Superman and Batman) - in one movie and wins. And Marvel doesn't.
What's there to win? They've already won big time. Logic here please ..... they just scored $1.5 billiion WITHOUT Spiderman, yet the very same people who saw Spiderman saw Avengers.

Spidey doesn't bring anything to the table for the Marvel Film execs at this point. It makes no business sense whatsoever for them to pay for the rights to use Spiderman, nor to have to put up with the inevitable complications stemming from creative control/portrayal of the character in a Marvel Studios film.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 01-22-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #428
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^Bingo.

Besides, arent batman and superman classic justice league members anyway? It juist so happens they are big. Spidy and wolverine arent even avengers (though 90% of heroes seem to be at this point) they aren't classic members, don't but them in these movies. Avengers was HUGE without spidy or wolverine. No reason to think the sequel won't be. So,why not continue to introduce new characters, legitimate avengers

Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #429
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I dream of a day when Andrew Garfield and Hugh Jackman show up as Spidey and Wolverine in Avengers 2.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #430
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

We know you do guy lol, we know you do.

Wolverine seems like there is a zero chance, better chance for spidy.

I think for now, they should just stick to their franchise. The MCU, and Avengers was HUGE without Marvel's two biggest characters, hell, biggest super hero movie ever, and it did it without the two biggest characters, I'd say, let them continnue to do it. I feel like almost any character in the MCU will increase in popularity

Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #431
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
What's there to win? They've already won big time. Logic here please ..... they just scored $1.5 billiion WITHOUT Spiderman, yet the very same people who saw Spiderman saw Avengers.
Okay, logic...

Avengers part one won. What if part two doesn't while at the same time Justice League does? Don't you think this could change a a lot?

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #432
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
We know you do guy lol, we know you do.

Wolverine seems like there is a zero chance, better chance for spidy.
It would be cool if Andrew Garfield showed up for a cameo.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #433
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I dream of a day when Andrew Garfield and Hugh Jackman show up as Spidey and Wolverine in Avengers 2.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #434
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
I like this about as much as I like the idea of Lobo and Jonah Hex showing up in Justice League. Either way its nonsense, though i'm sure Marvel would love to do it for the $$$$. I don't want Thor in the X-Men nor do I want Wolvie in the Avengers. I don't like it in the comics either.

Quote:
It would be cool if Andrew Garfield showed up for a cameo.
Hey Burlington. I'm only about an hour down 85 from ya. Got lots of friends in Greensboro and a few in Burlington.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #435
The Watchman
Balls McGee

I'd be content to axe Hawkeye and Black Widow - adding Ant/Giantman Pym and Wasp, given the scale it doesn't make much sense to keep well trained humans with no powers. Add Captain Marvel (male or female version) and I'd be ecstatic.

I just blue myself
The Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #436
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Okay, logic...

Avengers part one won. What if part two doesn't while at the same time Justice League does? Don't you think this could change a a lot?
No.1, this thread is about "Avengers 2". They've shown that they have the ability to put out a monster WITHOUT someone like Spidey so if Avengers 2 faces box office difficulties, how is it you automatically assume Marvel Studios shelling out $$$ to use the rights to Spiderman solves that issue for the 3rd?

You're whole premise is based on your own determination that the two "face guys" like Batman & Superman will be the reason a Justice League movie does well. The movie still has to be good and have a director who knows WTF he's doing.

I don't know where anyone gets off thinking that a studio like Sony would want one of it's tentpole properties pawned off to a competing studio. They want him to be known as Sony's Spiderman, not Disney/Marvel Spiderman. It's the whole reason they bought his rights in the first place.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 01-23-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #437
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I would rather see classic Avengers characters like Hank Pym, Wasp, Vision, Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Black Panther, Falcon and Mockingbird before I ever see Wolverine and Spider-Man in The Avengers.

Most of these characters who have longer ties and stories with the Avengers will never get solo films or a big spotlight in other characters franchises while Wolverine and Spider-Man will always have their own franchises.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #438
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

At most, for a crossover, I'd put the Oscorp Building in the Avengers films like was discussed before. That's it. No more. Just a nod or easter egg to the fans.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #439
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I wouldn't expect any sort of part or anything, but some sort of cameo or easter egg would be fun. In either Amazing Spider-Man or Avengers.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #440
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post

Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #441
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Marvel need to release a "never gonna happen" statement.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #442
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
I'd be content to axe Hawkeye and Black Widow - adding Ant/Giantman Pym and Wasp, given the scale it doesn't make much sense to keep well trained humans with no powers. Add Captain Marvel (male or female version) and I'd be ecstatic.
If Black Widow isn't in this movie, I will die a little inside. UNLESS she gets her own solo film (which will never ever happen).

Also, I wish Spider-man could show up for a cameo or bit part too. I understand that the licensing there is very complicated. Why is that such a terrible thing to wish for though? I mean, it's purely a pipe-dream (for now), but why the Michael Scott hostility?

The Fantastic Four would be okay, I guess. I really couldn't care less.

On the other hand, if ANY X-Men ever show up in the MCU... Yuck.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #443
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel need to release a "never gonna happen" statement.
I doubt Marvel is ever going to close that door.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #444
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
We don't know that. At all.
Hell, I used the same argument pre-Avengers to say that the best that Avengers would muster would be something equivalent to IM2, the most lucrative film in the stable to that date. I made the same wrong assumption that everybody who was interested in the Avengers franchise had already seen the other movies, so the best you could hope for was a repeat of the highest common denominator.

And that was wayyyy off. Lots of people came to see Avengers; many who hadn't seen *any* of the previous films at all. It was the spectacle of seeing all those heroes sharing a story. So it's inevitable that adding Spidey and/or Wolverine would bring in *even more* audiences.

Leaving Spidey out of the Avengers won't hurt TA2's box office one bit. But *adding* Spidey is absolutely *guarownteed* to add beaucoup to the bottom line.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #445
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

It'd get rid of the hopeless hopefulls such as Venom

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #446
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
It'd get rid of the hopeless hopefulls such as Venom
I don't care as much about him wanting a Spider-Man crossover/cameo/Easter egg as I care about moving the discussion forward and past the sentiment, especially since it is an absolute certainty that Spider-Man will not be "changing the roster for Avengers 2." I feel like it's been stuck on repeat for weeks.

I do wonder how Joss will "twist the knife" in terms of adding/subtracting members.

spideymouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #447
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
It'd get rid of the hopeless hopefuls such as Venom
Seriously, what is your deal?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I don't care as much about him wanting a Spider-Man crossover/cameo/Easter egg as I care about moving the discussion forward and past the sentiment, especially since it is an absolute certainty that Spider-Man will not be "changing the roster for Avengers 2." I feel like it's been stuck on repeat for weeks.
Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Quote:
I do wonder how Joss will "twist the knife" in terms of adding/subtracting members.
Very eager to hear about the new roster. I wouldn't really care if Hawkeye or Hulk were cut out, but there's no way that they're going to drop the green guy. Everybody loved him for some odd reason. Part of me wants to see more development of Hawkeye, but I think the part of me that wants to see new characters join the roster outweighs that.

Last edited by CoolCadaver49; 01-23-2013 at 03:56 PM.
CoolCadaver49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #448
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
Very eager to hear about the new roster. I wouldn't really care if Hawkeye or Hulk were cut out, but there's no way that they're going to drop the green guy. Everybody loved him for some odd reason. Part of me wants to see more development of Hawkeye, but I think the part of me that wants to see new characters join the roster outweighs that.
I am interested to see if Whedon splits the team up a bit in the story. They did that with X2, and it worked out pretty well for new characters (Nightcrawler, Stryker, Deathstrike) and developing smaller characters (Iceman and Pyro), though Cyke did get the shaft again, and they didn't have to fit in Toad or Sabretooth...

I could see Widow and Hawkeye off somewhere in a subplot, allowing for the core four to meet/work with the Pym's, Falcon, or... Peter Quill? That's working off of characters we know are going to join the MCU outside of A2...

...As for characters that could be introduced in A2, my top choices would be Carol Danvers and/or Black Panther. Twist that vibranium knife, T'Challa. Neither are likely, but those are my top picks.

spideymouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #449
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

exactly!!!!!! christ, exactly. that's the point, this thread keeps turning into a spiderman in avengers thread, and there are better things to be talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
Seriously, what is your deal?

EDIT:

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

her deal is the same as mine. We are sick of spiderman being discussed in this thread. He will not be on the roster in avengers 2. This thread is about the roster, and other characters who may appear, ie, vision, wasp, antman, giantman, or characters who may dissappear. This isn't about phase 2 characters, this is about the Avengers roster. Far too many times this thread has been off topic because Venom wants to try to convince us that Spiderman should be in the movie, whether it be a cameo or whatever, cause it will benefit sales. And it then turns into a spiderman i the avengers thread, which is NOT the topic of this thread, I was so close to PM'ing a mod about this.

Personally, I don't think anyone will get the shaft. IF anyone does, it SHOULD be widow. Clint was pretty badass, he needs more, he really does. Thor, Hulk, Cap, and Ironman are the big four. They are certainly here to stay

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #450
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick

Why do we have to change the roster? The first Avengers was about assembling that particular team, and I personally want to see them really work together, both professionally and personally. They were only a team for the end of the movie so it would be a bit of a disservice taking any of them away for the second film. Adding another character in could work but I don't want to lose any.

I would also love to see Hawkeye get more development because he got the shaft majorly in the films so far (which doesn't bode well, but I have hope!). I also like spideymouse's idea of possibly splitting the team which could allow for more development in smaller groups.

Sneakronicity is offline   Reply With Quote