The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #826
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

but its a sad decision

Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #827
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

It is, indeed. I wish we could see more of Charles and Raven being siblings who loved each other in the sequel, because James and Jen had such a wonderful chemistry. But alas...

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #828
Angamb
Banned User

hopefully Singer give them a few special scenes on this sequel as the final kind of emotional moments between them before she becomes a dark mutant forever

Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #829
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Emma Frost brainwashing Mystique to forget his relationship with Charles Xavier would be a great thing to do. It would really explain why she was so cold in the original trilogy.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #830
BMM
Side-Kick

They may not even need to make the connection, depending on the ending of Days of Future Past.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #831
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Emma Frost brainwashing Mystique to forget his relationship with Charles Xavier would be a great thing to do. It would really explain why she was so cold in the original trilogy.
I would actually like that to happen if for no other reason than to salvage what's left of their continuity.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 AM   #832
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
It would be interesting to show the conflict from both parts - Charles trying to prevent The Brotherhood from commiting terrorist acts while he still feels related to Raven as a sister; Raven trying to set her Mystique persona and forcing herself to look at Charles as kind of an "enemy" to the cause, but still caring about him?
I can see it going that way for sure, with lots of conflicted emotions on both sides.

Quote:
An interesting solution would be Mystique feeling so conflicted that she has to ask Emma to erase her mind of her memories of Charles, because otherwise she wouldn't be able to go on and serve the Brotherhood "cause". It would explain why she acted as if she had never had any kinship to him at all in later films.
That would explain it from Mystique's point of view, but it wouldn't explain why there was no concern or any hint of a past relationship on Charles' part. I can't believe that he would just completely forget about Raven's existence when he still wouldn't cut off Erik after everything Erik had done. Even if Charles accepted that Raven was gone from his life and didn't try to contact her or anything I'd still expect something from him. That entire relationship from First Class simply doesn't fit in with the original trilogy at all IMO, it's just another reason why I think that trying to tie it with the past films is a bad idea.

And actually, the hardest thing for filmmakers to explain would be why on earth Raven apparently decided to keep a vow of silence until it was absolutely necessary to talk Honestly, the original!Mystique is almost unnaturally mute.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #833
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
That would explain it from Mystique's point of view, but it wouldn't explain why there was no concern or any hint of a past relationship on Charles' part. I can't believe that he would just completely forget about Raven's existence when he still wouldn't cut off Erik after everything Erik had done. Even if Charles accepted that Raven was gone from his life and didn't try to contact her or anything I'd still expect something from him.
Well, it's not perfect but at least it's an acceptable solution. Because I can see Charles trying to contact her over and over in the next 30 years or so, to no avail, until he accepts that there's nothing else he can do - or at least he has to learn to live in a new reality in which Raven isn't part of his life anymore, that she's gone forever.

And maybe there are moments in the triolgy that we never got to see, when Charles is looking longingly at an old photo of a blond girl and his younger self.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #834
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Well, it's not perfect but at least it's an acceptable solution. Because I can see Charles trying to contact her over and over in the next 30 years or so, to no avail, until he accepts that there's nothing else he can do - or at least he has to learn to live in a new reality in which Raven isn't part of his life anymore, that she's gone forever.

And maybe there are moments in the triolgy that we never got to see, when Charles is looking longingly at an old photo of a blond girl and his younger self.
aww, thats a beautiful scenario.

your explanation seems pretty natural to me. They can easily connect FC to OTrilogy easily, with that idea of Emma erasing Ravens memory of Charles and Charles missing Raven during the next decades until the day he accepted that she is gone forever.

Just because the trilogy didnt show Charles caring about Raven doesnt mean he doesnt. All the characters have many feelings, the movies cant show them all. And they can always develop them in future sequels, if they want too.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #835
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Jennifer Lawrence & Famke Janssen on ''Critic Choice Awards'':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5IgFrzlrkE

Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #836
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Omg the crossover has begun

Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #837
Angamb
Banned User

yeah!!!

its really cool, love when x-men actors meet out of the franchise

Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #838
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Wow! Young Mystique and Jean just met!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #839
Angamb
Banned User

would be great to see all the x-men of the franchise together on the same photo

that would be Epic!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #840
Angamb
Banned User

would be great to see all the x-men of the franchise together on the same photo

that would be Epic!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #841
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Omg the crossover has begun
Crossover Part Deux

Boom!

(That's from Kevin's new Fox show "The Following." I wonder if that show will interfere with Ashmore's scheduling.)

Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #842
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Shawn Ashmore looks better now!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #843
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Crossover Part Deux

Boom!

(That's from Kevin's new Fox show "The Following." I wonder if that show will interfere with Ashmore's scheduling.)
thats not fair kevin bacon is in everything he has probably been in a movie with every x men lol

Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #844
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I know you were kidding when you said that but that's not true at all. Off the top of head, I can't think of any Kevin Bacon movie where another X-men cast member appears. Only after imdb'ing his name did I come up with Ellen Page.

But even then, the second I saw the pic the first thought that came to mind was...Ashmore has a TV show, I wonder if that would interfere with X-men filming.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #845
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
thats not fair kevin bacon is in everything he has probably been in a movie with every x men lol
Kevin Bacon isn't really *everywhere*. Besides X-Men First Class, the only movie that I saw from him was Crazy Stupid Love. And this new TV show is his first regular TV show in a long time.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #846
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Days of future past starts filming In april so If Shawn Ashmore Is In DOFP If the show Is picked up he can film it In the hituas.

You have to admire Jennifer Lawrence's stamnia.Finishing up catching fire.Attendings awards.Getting ready to shoot DOFP.Promating Catching fire.Plus has the final book In trilogy to shoot that Is being split In 2 parts.Plus any other work she has squeezed In besides Hungar games and X-Men.Plus next year promating DOFP.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #847
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Days of future past starts filming In april so If Shawn Ashmore Is In DOFP If the show Is picked up he can film it In the hituas.
Exactly, if the Following gets renewed, the filming of season 2 would probably start in August or September of 2013 because most renewed shows film their season premieres during those months. Shawn Ashmore could definitely film his scenes in April or May or June and if he's really in the movie, I don't think he will do a lot of scenes compare to his role in X3.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #848
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Jennifer Lawrence & Famke Janssen on ''Critic Choice Awards'':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5IgFrzlrkE
is Famke grabbing her a**? lol

Old 01-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #849
Great Mind(s)
Broken

And that guy's eyes, not at her face! Hollywood really loves Jennifer Lawrence..

Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #850
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

That's Rob Riggle from the Daily Show. He was also in The Hangover ("In the face!!!")

Closed Thread