The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #526
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
James marsden and Famke Janssen had to be resigned after X2.Singer had every right to offer them roles.SOme report had Famke possibly being offered Lois Lane(which would have been miles better than Kate Bosworth although it may have been Parker Posey's role he had her In Mind) and yes Shawn Ashmore was original choice for Jimmy Olsen.And some reports had before deciding to use Marlon Brando footage for Jor-El about him wanting to use Patrick Stewert for Jor-El.Directors often like to use actors they have worked
with.Chris Nolan used Michael Caine for Prestage and Inception after doing Batman begins.He used Christin bale for the Prestage.Both Cillian Murphy and Ken Wantabbe was In Inception after Batman Begins.Tom hardy,Joseph Gordon Levitt,and Marion Cotillard were cast In the dark Knight Rises after
Inception.Rumor was Hugh jackman(The Presage) was conisdered by Nolan for Harvey Dent for the dark Knight,and both Scarlett Johansson(The Presage) and Ellen Page(Inception) were considered for Juno Temple's role In the dark Knight rises.Guy peace who starred In Memorto has admitted Nolan offered him Ducard In batman begins but he turned It down since they finally agreed he was too young.The dark Knight rises was jokilly called an Inception reunion.Singer had every right to offer any role In Superman to X-Men cast
members.Had House not became a hit he wanted Hugh Laurie to play perry
white.
Having the right to do something doesn't mean it was the "right thing to do" he knew very well X3 was happening with or without him and you'd be kidding yourself if he wasn't attempting to delay X3 by snagging James, famke , and shawn .....

What is more interesting to me is that the Donnors most likely helped bryan get the job directing and producing SR. LSD is of course the wife of superman director Richard Donner in which SR was a reason sequel to. Im kinda shocked the Donners couldn't get either studio to wait so both could equally work together.... The Donners didn't produce SR but i do feel i remember LSD having some sort of role in it. It was all very bizarre.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #527
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

He went to get Richard Donnor's blessing before he agreed to do Returns.Lauren Shueller Donnor know before Rothman did he was going to do Superman.She only has so much pwer with these films.She openly critized on commantary the decsion to give Rogue the cue that Brett Ratner wanted.She was likely a factor In getting Fox to approach Singer for First Class.In Interviews beforre origins came out she mentioned wanting to get him back on X-Men related film.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #528
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

O yeah i don't doubt LSD was the one to get both Vaughn and Singer back to the X-men. But her and her husband are powerful players... Im surprised neither could persuade one of the studios....

Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #529
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Marvel vs. DC war is real. Don't kid yourselves

Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #530
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Marvel till I die!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #531
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
You're not going to find me defending Fox on this one, but that doesn't change the fact that, in the end, I think Singer made the wrong decision.
He did. Even though FOX haven't given him the contract yet to direct X3 when he was offered to do Superman Returns, it was like a no-brainer that FOX was going to ask him to direct X3 especially after the success of X2. And at that time, people were already waiting for X3 to happen, it was just a matter of time before FOX gave him the contract and he should have waited and stayed with X-Men.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #532
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Would it redeem X3 and the cure story line by having some mutants like Magneto appear powerless in the future of DOFP? I think it would be cool if that were the case but as we all remember, Magneto has a little bit of power left. I'd love to see Magneto in a wheelchair, using his last bit of power to keep a Sentinel at bay while...the heroes do their time travel business (whatever it may be) and then.. get crushed and/or destroyed.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #533
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Everybody loves Bryan.

When was that taken? Some time after the release of whichever X-Men movie? How come Hugh has such straight hair there otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Would it redeem X3 and the cure story line by having some mutants like Magneto appear powerless in the future of DOFP? I think it would be cool if that were the case but as we all remember, Magneto has a little bit of power left. I'd love to see Magneto in a wheelchair, using his last bit of power to keep a Sentinel at bay while...the heroes do their time travel business (whatever it may be) and then.. get crushed and/or destroyed.
If Magneto is in a wheelchair, he needs to have a race with Professor X to see who is faster.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #534
Angamb
Banned User

they look amazing all together

Fox really needs to get all them back for a final movie set in present. At least one more movie

Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #535
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That was for DVD release.

The original actors are going to be used In one of two ways now that we can safely say all hugh Jackman and James Mongold's talk of The Wolverine post the Last Stand seems to
put the outright Ignoring Last Stand opotion off the table

1:The future Is alternate timeline from other films as result of Magneto and Brotherhood's sucessful assassination of human.Thus time travel brings Into being the other films
2:The future Is Trilogy.

If James Marsden or Famke Janssen are announced that Immedetly tells us which opotion they are going with.But I find It very doudtful they would even want to address the cure.Especilly since ending already hinted at It being temporary.Plus Xavier will be one In Wheelcahir not Magneto.The magneto In wheelchair Is one thing that won't be taken
from the comic.But It Is nice that someone else has actully followed the comic version.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #536
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

well Xavier might not be in a wheel chair if he's now in his brothers body...

that being said... cyclops returning does give a bigger clue, but Famke means nothing. She's cameo'ing in Wolverine... could it be a dream sequence? sure... but it could also be a hint at her return... this is "phoenix" we are talking about here...

[=]
Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #537
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
When was that taken? Some time after the release of whichever X-Men movie? How come Hugh has such straight hair there otherwise?
That's when Hugh was doing The Boy From Oz on Broadway.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #538
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Xavier will be In wheelcahir.That's too Important part of his character.

Jean's return In 1980's on heel of X-factor was a recon of Phoenix not really being Jean
but being cosmic being who copyed her form,memory,and personality.And they have had to resprt to time travel to bring jean back after her death at end of grand morrison's run on New X-Men.ANd Phoenix Is not a cosmic force In movies.I still maintaind ream or hallunication is more likely for famke Janssen's The Wolverine Cameo.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #539
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Xavier will be In wheelcahir.That's too Important part of his character.

Jean's return In 1980's on heel of X-factor was a recon of Phoenix not really being Jean
but being cosmic being who copyed her form,memory,and personality.And they have had to resprt to time travel to bring jean back after her death at end of grand morrison's run on New X-Men.ANd Phoenix Is not a cosmic force In movies.I still maintaind ream or hallunication is more likely for famke Janssen's The Wolverine Cameo.
it doesn't have to a be a cosmic force to bring jean back to life... part of her mutation could be re-birth.

[=]
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #540
Angamb
Banned User

if James is announced it would be such a pleasure to see him as Cyclops again, and specially fighting sentinels.

Singer could do him justice in just 10 seconds fighting sentinels and only that would be much more than what the trilogy did for him.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #541
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
well Xavier might not be in a wheel chair if he's now in his brothers body...

that being said... cyclops returning does give a bigger clue, but Famke means nothing. She's cameo'ing in Wolverine... could it be a dream sequence? sure... but it could also be a hint at her return... this is "phoenix" we are talking about here...
Wouldn't it be great, if Xavier was out of the wheelchair but Magneto was in one?? Ah yes, the irony

Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #542
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

If Famke's Phoenix character comes back she should look like this down to the black hair even (Famke in her new movie, Hansel and Gretel):

Similar to her last stand costume but much cooler.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #543
Angamb
Banned User

she has a Black Queen look

I like it

Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #544
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
if James is announced it would be such a pleasure to see him as Cyclops again, and specially fighting sentinels.

Singer could do him justice in just 10 seconds fighting sentinels and only that would be much more than what the trilogy did for him.
Agreed 100%. Just a brief sequence of Cyclops kicking ass would be more than enough for me to feel better after a trilogy of misuse.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #545
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

I don't think 1 action scene would be enough for the fans. There's still no character development with that. People criticized Cyclops' screentime in the movies and if he appeared on this one, I doubt he will get more screentime especially the cast is pretty huge right now and I don't think he would get enough focus. So I don't think this is the right time to bring Cyclops/James Marsden back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
If Famke's Phoenix character comes back she should look like this down to the black hair even (Famke in her new movie, Hansel and Gretel):

Similar to her last stand costume but much cooler.
Reminds me of Selene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Would it redeem X3 and the cure story line by having some mutants like Magneto appear powerless in the future of DOFP? I think it would be cool if that were the case but as we all remember, Magneto has a little bit of power left.
Maybe. In the comics, when a lot of mutants lost their powers and some of them were killed and in DOFP, they could do that with Sentinels killing and hunting depowered mutants.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-21-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #546
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

So If we take Hugh Jackman's comments and deduce the contandiate for return are
those who wore superhero outfits for return these are candiates to join Hugh,Patrick Stewert,and Ian Mckellen

Halle Berry
James Marsden
Famke Janssen
Anna Paquin
Shawn Ashmore
Ellen Page
Daniel Cudmore
Kelsey Grammer

And If we also take It to mean actors who were under makeup also candiates are
Rebecca Romijn
Alan Cumming

I doudt very much all of them return

Old 01-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #547
BMM
Side-Kick

You're taking his comment too literally.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #548
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I never said I think all of the return.I stand by my belief we are probally looking at only 3 others returning.Maybe 4 If they push It.With him,Patrick,and Ian that would make It 6 or 7 In future.SOme are even making cracks does this mean nearly everyone who has played superhero on screen will return.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #549
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I'd say there will be a few surprises, but I'm not expecting anything major. Iceman would be cool to have back, and I'd love to see more Nightcrawler too.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #550
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said I think all of the return.
I never said you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I'd say there will be a few surprises, but I'm not expecting anything major. Iceman would be cool to have back, and I'd love to see more Nightcrawler too.
Probably. I wonder just how much of a surprise some of these potential additions or cameos may be. They were able to keep Jackman and Romijn's First Class cameos fairly quiet, up until release. Or, in Jackman's case, I believe they just denied it, and denied it, and denied it.

Closed Thread