The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Products > Superhero Products

Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #26
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: figure theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
A long time ago my brother had bought a Robotech Cyclone figure but it broke when he started playing with it so we returned it to the Toys'R'Us and a couple days later when we went back we saw the same broken toy back on the shelf.
That's one of the main reasons I went from being a strict MOC collector to a part MOC, part loose collector. With the mass producing of so many modern sets, broken/loose-jointed/resealed figures are common. I want to know I have a properly-made figure, not one which is being held together by its packaging.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
I think it only works that way with very popular characters and variants in particular. If you find a Marvel Legends Future Foundations Spidey, you'll probably double your money online. If you try the same thing with someone like Klaw or Constrictor, you'll lose money. The same holds true for DCUC. I've bought figures like Maash, Medphyll, and Skallox online for about 60% of the usual retail price.

And 3 3/4" figures? Forget about it. Unless it's a convention exclusive, it's a huge gamble.
Not so on the Marvel U figures. I've got a solid Vision I paid $8.00 for new I could flip for $150.00 right now. In fact, there are quite a few that go for big bucks.

Rob3880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #28
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3880 View Post
Not so on the Marvel U figures. I've got a solid Vision I paid $8.00 for new I could flip for $150.00 right now. In fact, there are quite a few that go for big bucks.
You're lucky, because that Vision is nearly impossible to find. I've been in at least 50 different retail & toy stores in several states since '09 and I've never seen one. The only one I've ever seen was the translucent one, and I snatched that immediately.

But figs like that are outliers. Most of the MU figs go for retail or less online. The 3 3/4 movie lines hold even less value, especially the weird variations that aren't based on any specific costume or event.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #29
Hulk1968
An agent of chaos...

I've even found (off topic) empty Hot Wheels cards with the die-cast vehicle missing, like 3 or 4 of the same ones.

Who the hell steals a toy car that costs like a dollar?

If I catch anyone stealing from my store, I will call security and give them your description and current whereabouts...I have done it on several occasions.

The police station is right across the street.

Stealing is outright illegal. You will get caught eventually.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #30
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Speaking of theft, I hope there is a special place designated in hell for people who steal mail. Some soon to be dead man stole my Batman Unlimited Batgirl earlier this week. Luckily, Walmart down the street got one in, so I was able to replace it, but I am still fuming. Nothing I hate more than being stolen from. The next day, I filled a box full of cat **** and left it out by my mailbox, along with a very threatening later. Luckily, he took that too. I hope he enjoyed it. So now I have to pick up all my packages at the post office, which is sad. This world is full of scumbags. All I hope is that I can catch this guy, I might steakout the mail boxes one night and see if he comes by. He'll learn quicklly that you shouldn't steal from someone who's 6 foot 2, 285, and used to block Dwight Freeney in high school football practice. And not to mention, someone who makes his living cutting meat and lugging heavy boxes around.

Rob3880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #31
OctaviusINC
It's Clobberin' Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
To ME, any of the EMPLOYEES of any store that hides the figures behind the cashiers booth is STEELING.
When I worked retail jobs throughout high school and college I would do that. If I seen a figure I wanted I would take it and put it behind my counter and purchase it on my break or at the end of my shift.

That's not stealing. Cheap tactic maybe but not stealing. I seen it on the shelf. Took it and paid for it. Customers can hide figures too.

In fact, I was able to get a lot of hard to find figures that way too. Especially when I worked overnight at Target. I got first dibs on some rare figures.

I was overworked and underpaid anyway. At least let me have this one nerdy perk, you know?