The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #51
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

I don't think It will.200 Million Is most It could do domesticly.It may do better overseas
since lately that Is what happens with X-men films.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #52
Angamb
Banned User

and with many franchises

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #53
night0205
Side-Kick

I hear a lot of the fans saying that they want Days of Future Past to erase X-men 3 and Wolverine, because they don't like them. I don't see that happening. I believe many of the weaknesses of X-men 3 spawned from X-men and X2. Let's pick two... Cyclops dying and Rogue getting the cure. Cyclops was overly neglected by Singer to begin with, so killing him off to give Phoenix turmoil makes sense. You hate X-men 3 because of Cyclops? Singer takes at least some responsibility. Rogue is also partly Singer's fault as well. He just made her a weak, tortured character. If she would have gotten her powers (like every other version of her) then she could at least live her tortured life with the hope of helping others as a hero. But who was she in Singer's version... she did not have much to offer, so when she should have rejected the cure for the sake of helping others, she accepted because she doesn't really help others that well and wants the have a normal life. There was no reason for her NOT to take the cure because of how Singer made her. Point being, we have to accept the weaknesses and strengths of all the X-men movies. They ALL have weaknesses... Creed was much better in Origins Wolverine then X-men. The first X-men movie, with Magneto making a machine to turn humans into mutants... was a really weak story in my opinion. Star Trek fans do hate certain Star Trek movies, but they have to accept them because they are part of the series. I for one am tired of people saying things repeatedly over and over again, when we already realize it, just to complain.

I would like days of future past to fix the contradictions the studio has made for the series. I see X-men from a new future (one not of the original trilogy) where sentinels have taken over, come back into the past to change an event to create a new future (which will end up being the original trilogy). As far as the future is concerned. I wish X-men the best of luck in continuing with the same cast, of new and old, to make good movies consistent to the series. I however do believe it's probably a good idea to plan out a progression, because they have been just going with no direction, and probably should plan out what they want the end of the series to be. I don't think Fantastic Four should be apart of X-men, for good reason.

night0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #54
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yeah yeah another let's hate on X-men and Bryan Singer poster.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #55
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
I hear a lot of the fans saying that they want Days of Future Past to erase X-men 3 and Wolverine, because they don't like them. I don't see that happening. Star Trek fans do hate certain Star Trek movies, but they have to accept them because they are part of the series. I for one am tired of people saying things repeatedly over and over again, when we already realize it, just to complain.

As far as the future is concerned. I wish X-men the best of luck in continuing with the same cast, of new and old, to make good movies consistent to the series. I however do believe it's probably a good idea to plan out a progression, because they have been just going with no direction, and probably should plan out what they want the end of the series to be.
I agree and people can't just redo something if they didn't like a particular movie. What FOX should do is to just move on and not try to correct a mistake that happened in the past by completely ignoring X3/Origins then trying to redo them by making a completely new movie as if X3/Origins were never released. There are a lot of X-Men stories out there. Bryan Singer didn't get a chance to create the X3 that he wanted and fans didn't get see that too, and I know its disappointing but move on with something else.

And this series need to have a direction, a plan for the next 5 X-Men movies or a plan if incase this movie series needs to come to an end. Thats why I just want them to focus on 1 series instead of creating spin-offs and making movies that are set in the past. I don't think they should keep doing that for the next 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the big question is if it will be able to outgross X2 or even X3
Domestic: probably no
Worldwide: possible because of the overpriced 3D tickets

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #56
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They are doing all they can to distance themselves from Origins.If they still do Deadpool It Is defently going to Ignore Origins.Plus Origins makes It hard for third first Class film
to Introduce Cyclops.

As for Ignoring last Stand so far It doesn't seem like they will with all the talk of The Wolverine being post Last Stand.I don't know why people advocating rebooting the X-men films with would mean none of X-men films happened Including first Class but dismiss throwing out the Last Stand.That Film di more damage to series than Origins did.

No way In Hell the Wolverine will outgross X2 or last stand domesticly.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #57
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Yeah yeah another let's hate on X-men and Bryan Singer poster.
I don't hate X-men or Bryan Singer. I think X-men is at it's best with Singer involved and I'm really looking forward to what he does with the series. However, he is not blameless and he is not perfect. He has his weaknesses just like anybody else.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #58
Angamb
Banned User

definetly. I agreed with many of your points, it made perfect sense.

Characters like Cyclops and Rogue havent showed their full potential.

Singer could have improved them on the third, but at the same time, what Ratner and the writers did with them on X3 was even worse. That's Ratner and Fox fault mainly.

Anyway, things have changed after all these years, both on comicbook movies and on the studio itself, so this sequel has all the right elements to become the best of the whole franchise and the one that will please the fans the most. At least to date.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #59
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
definetly. I agreed with many of your points, it made perfect sense.

Characters like Cyclops and Rogue havent showed their full potential.

Singer could have improved them on the third, but at the same time, what Ratner and the writers did with them on X3 was even worse. That's Ratner and Fox fault mainly.
LOL yep... Many fans were expecting a key role for Cyclops, an expanded role for Rogue, a Phoenix firebird, perhaps some more Nightcrawler and an expanded role for Colossus.

Then, uh, um, The Last Stand was released.

While I don't hate the movie and I did like seeing Beast, Angel, and many of the other characters and action scenes, it definitely didn't deliver what many people expected or wanted.

But, without X3, we would not have seen Kelsey's Beast, or Angel, or Juggernaut or Multiple Man or Callisto, or Storm flying, so we have to be thankful for some things! It's just such a shame it didn't deliver on other things, partly because James Marsden and Anna Paquin weren't available for very long.

Quote:
Anyway, things have changed after all these years, both on comicbook movies and on the studio itself, so this sequel has all the right elements to become the best of the whole franchise and the one that will please the fans the most. At least to date.
Yes, that's true. And one thing to learn from Marvel is accurate characterisations. The X-Men films do tend to distort characters to fit the story and that can be dangerous when these are fan favourites and beloved characters. In Avengers, Hulk seemed totally like Bruce Banner and Hulk, Iron Man was totally Iron Man, etc. No one was suddenly acting like some other character, except Hawkeye who was under mind control.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #60
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We got Angel on screen for 5 Minutes.A Juggernaut out of ultimate line.Multiple man as Villain.Callisto miscast and having powers she never had In comcis.

The Avengers Isn't fair compassion since you had 2 Iron Man films and a Thor and Captain America film before Avengers.and Avengers like all marvel films has changes made.Plus the Disney/Marvel Studios films are mostly taken from Ultimate marvel line.If you are like me and started reading comics In 1980's or 1990's(Depending on your age)
MS films aren't for you.They mocked the classic Comic Captain America costume In First Avenger.Bruce banner In The Avengers wasn't the banner classic 616 fansknow he basiclly was David banner from Hulk Tv show.Tony Stark Is mostly taken from Ultimates.Stark,Black Widow,hawkeye,and Nick fury In The Avengers are taken from Ultimates
and Banner Is taken from TV show.That Is half the cast right there not based on what Is now known as 616 universe.

The more we have these Fox VS DIsney wars breaking out It just makes me want to see Disney/MS films less.

Anyone who does X-Men has a much harder job than the Avengers.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #61
def28
Side-Kick

You obviously side with Singers X Men films and think they do no wrong. Nothing wrong with that, as all these are opinions. A majority of comic fans and audiences will disagree with you on Marvels state, so of course there will be disagreements there. Planning out X Men films should be no more difficult then what the Avengers and Marvel has done.

Last edited by def28; 01-23-2013 at 01:26 PM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #62
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If your telling me the X-men films are only ones to make changes and all other films especilly Marvel studios are faithful then yes I strongly disagree.

If you are fan of Ultimate line then of course you love marvel studios films.But If like me you hate the ultimate line you have problems with Disney/MS

I don't understand why some on other SH threads attack mark Millar since a lot of his work Is Inspiration for MS not the Classic work.

Before the Dark Knight rises I defended Chris Nolan's take to some but now that It Is going to be rebooted again I was attacked as hating everything for not liking all these
reboots and for stating Nolan's trilogy was a waste of time since Batman will be rebooted again.Which as I hate to tell people means all other films you are now saying didn't happen.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #63
Angamb
Banned User

the main point XManiac made was that Marvel has been more faithfull to the characters than Fox.

The origin of the characters and certain plot points have changed on both studios, but to deny that Marvel has done a great job pleasing the fans would be a blind move.

Fox, Millar and Singer have probably discussed about this the latest year, so its not like just a few fans think this way.

Lets move on. This topic is to post our own lists about the future of Fox, not to keep supporting Singer and attacking Marvel Studios for small decisions.

Next list, anyone?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #64
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
If your telling me the X-men films are only ones to make changes and all other films especilly Marvel studios are faithful then yes I strongly disagree.

If you are fan of Ultimate line then of course you love marvel studios films.But If like me you hate the ultimate line you have problems with Disney/MS

I don't understand why some on other SH threads attack mark Millar since a lot of his work Is Inspiration for MS not the Classic work.

Before the Dark Knight rises I defended Chris Nolan's take to some but now that It Is going to be rebooted again I was attacked as hating everything for not liking all these
reboots and for stating Nolan's trilogy was a waste of time since Batman will be rebooted again.Which as I hate to tell people means all other films you are now saying didn't happen.
Im cool with most the the Ultimate 616 mash ups in Marvels films. Havnt bothered me much at all. X Men has had more characters that are not given their due at all. And as an X Men fan above any other Marvel comic characters that has pissed me off over and over again. I know alot of it is the studio behind it, but some of Singers takes and choices I have disagreed with as well. So gonna have to Agree to disagree there.

I dont have a problem with Bats getting another reboot in some form though, DKR was the last Nolan world Bat film I needed to see. As long as we dont have to see Batmans origin again, Im cool with having a new take.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #65
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
We got Angel on screen for 5 Minutes.A Juggernaut out of ultimate line.Multiple man as Villain.Callisto miscast and having powers she never had In comcis.
I never said all those were well done lol. But it's probably the only chance we will get to see them on the big screen. Bryan dropped Archangel from X2 (he was going to be a prisoner at Stryker's base) and he also dropped a young version of Multiple Man from either X1 or X2 (I can't remember which!). Juggernaut was recognisably the character; the worst mistake was that 'I'm the Juggernaut bytch' line. And I didn't mind the reinvention of Callisto either; the worst thing was her name never being uttered once in the movie. They just gave her Caliban's mutant-sensing powers and enhanced her speed and agility to Quicksilver levels to make her a tougher opponent for Storm. While I'd also like to see the version with an eyepatch and tentacles, I'm content with what we did get as it seemed to fit the tone and world of the films.

My point is that it's probably the only chance we will get to see those characters.

Quote:
The Avengers Isn't fair compassion since you had 2 Iron Man films and a Thor and Captain America film before Avengers.and Avengers like all marvel films has changes made.Plus the Disney/Marvel Studios films are mostly taken from Ultimate marvel line.If you are like me and started reading comics In 1980's or 1990's(Depending on your age)
MS films aren't for you.They mocked the classic Comic Captain America costume In First Avenger.Bruce banner In The Avengers wasn't the banner classic 616 fansknow he basiclly was David banner from Hulk Tv show.Tony Stark Is mostly taken from Ultimates.Stark,Black Widow,hawkeye,and Nick fury In The Avengers are taken from Ultimates
and Banner Is taken from TV show.That Is half the cast right there not based on what Is now known as 616 universe

Whether Ultimate or 616, they still look/act like the characters in the books, for the most part. Black Widow looked better in Iron Man 2 though. I've been reading comics since the Jurassic Era so I've seen all the various continuities. When you saw the Avengers stood in that circle in Manhattan, it was inarguably the Avengers, in their individual costumes and with a CGI Hulk looking like he belonged there. It shows it's possible to do it.

Quote:
The more we have these Fox VS DIsney wars breaking out It just makes me want to see Disney/MS films less.
Well, there may be a lot of them, that's true, but Disney/Marvel is going to keep on trucking while it has the success and money. So we can't do anything about them. Most of Marvel's films don't leave you with much when they are over; there is nothing to think about, no grand ideas. But that's where the X-Men movies have done well (even if I discovered that the Cure story of X3 was offensive to many gay people).

Quote:
Anyone who does X-Men has a much harder job than the Avengers.
I'm not sure that's true.

The X-Men films have some very good and memorable casting.

They don't have to waste too much time on contrived origins because mutation explains it away easily (but I would like to see a personal origin story for Storm incorporated after all this time)

They have built-in themes - alienation/discrimination/tolerance and evolution/power

They have an amazing variety of characters to choose from

They have people with incredible and very visual, cinematic powers.

They have some wonderful stories to adapt.

I have been one of the most loyal and unwavering supporters of this franchise. But even I can see - and discuss - the good and the bad in it and realise there is room for improvements here and there. No one here is hating on Singer, we all wish he stayed on to do his version of X3, but we are just hoping the films now step up to the next level and that a more structured franchise is built to avoid continuity errors and contradictions.

Last edited by X-Maniac; 01-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #66
night0205
Side-Kick

I actually think X-men should be a lot easier to adapt then Avengers. I never thought I'd see a modern movie on Captain America or Thor... they have silly elements. Nor did I think they would be able to pass off on mixing the fantasy of Asgard with the science of Iron Man. But they did, because they put the time and effort into it. They planned ahead and they got it done. X-men is much easier to be honest, they just need to plan better. It seems like they are constantly confused about where to go with the series. The simple inconsistencies drive me nuts, all because they don't put the effort it or someone high up wants it differently.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #67
Angamb
Banned User

@XManiac

aaaaaaaaand...... to finally do JUSTICE to EACH x-man/woman. And giving them a costume closer to the comics.

If Fox and Bryan do this in the near future, they will have a bigger support of the fans and general audience.

They just need to step their game up with ALL aspects of the movies.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #68
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Planning out X Men films should be no more difficult then what the Avengers and Marvel has done.
Yes and plus its so much easier. With Marvel, they are doing Captain America, iron Man, Avengers, Thor all at the same time and they are gonna introduce GOTF next year and Ant-Man in 2015. With FOX, all they have right now are X-Men and Fantastic Four. And those two series don't even need to star in 1 movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #69
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think people are giving marvel studios too much credit.

Let's consider

Iron Man-So why are they even setting up avengers Initivate?And what larger universe.At that time before Iron man super heroes haven't been seen since WWII
The Increidble Hulk-They Ignored a lot of setup.Shield helps army take down hulk and army wanted to get secrets of Hulk from banner.All dropped In the avengers.Plus Stark meeting with Ross proved to be nothing
Iron Man 2-they can't get the ending to acknowledge Stark visited Ross later In the hulk since they claimed they only wanted him as consulant
Thor-Joss whedon directed the post scredits scene yet It conflicts with begining of
Avengers
The Avengers-reports say the original Zack Penn script was even more based on the ultimates than final film

It also has been said Chris nolan on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight didn't have the foggest Idea what would happen next.So at end of dark Knight he had Batman take blame for Two face's crimes and had no Idea how to get out of that.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #70
def28
Side-Kick

Do you really want me to compare those things to the problems with X Men? It wont be pretty haha.

Last edited by def28; 01-24-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #71
Angamb
Banned User

no need to discuss with some of his points, honestly.

He has a very closed mind regarding Marvel positive decisions with their big franchise.

and at the end of the day, this topic is to post actual lists of our vision of FOX future.

so, please no more off-topic discussions

what would be your list def?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #72
def28
Side-Kick

I put mine up a couple of pages back. Was just trying to think of if I missed anything and all the rights Fox owns...they actually have alot haha.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #73
Angamb
Banned User

oh, should check it again then. I thought you hadnt posted it yet, lol

Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #74
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
2014: X-Men: Days of Future Past
2015: The Fantastic Four
2016: X-Men 4
2017: The Fantastic Four: Part II
2018: X-Men 5
2019: The Fantastic Four: Part III
2020: X-Men 6
2021: X-Men & Fantastic Four
2022: The Fantastic Four: Part IV

Basically I just want FOX to focus on the original X-Men series (I don't want spin-offs and prequels anymore) and the new Fantastic Four movie series. For the casual audience, its easy to follow.
I'm revising my list and I decided that I don't want a cross-movie between X-Men and Fantastic Four

X-MEN
-cross-over movie and its like X3.5 and FC1.5
-last movie featuring the First Class cast

2016: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
-aka X-Men 4
-I want Apocalypse to be the main antagonist for the next trilogy but he doesn't appear in this movie right from the start, I want FOX to save him in the last scene kinda like what Avengers did to Thanos in the 1st Avengers movie
-Mr. Sinister is the head villain and he's working on for the return of Apocalypse, like in Ultimate X-Men but in this one, he doesn't need to sacrifice himself
-Returning X-Men: Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Angel
-New addition to the X-Men: Psylocke

2018: X-Men: Rise of Apocalypse
-aka X-Men 5
-So this the movie where the X-Men finally meets Apocalypse. The X-Men is not going to defeat Apocalypse in this one, well not yet.
-Towards the end of the movie, Apocalypse will capture Angel and Beast.

2020: X-Men: End of Apocalypse
-aka X-Men 6
-Introduction of the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse including Archangel.
-Beast is going to be Dark Beast in this one. He works for Apocalypse but not one of the horsemen.
-X-Men defeats Apocalypse in this movie.

2022: X-Men: Goes to Space
-aka X-Men 7
-Introduction of the Shi'ar Empire
-Start of the last trilogy of the X-Men movie series

2024: X-Men: Onslaught Strikes Back
-aka X-Men 8
-Introduction of Onslaught
-X-Men and Shi'ar join forces to defeat Onslaught

2025: X-Men: The End
-aka X-Men 9
-X-Men beats Onslaught in this movie.
-Well someday, FOX will have to reboot this movie series and it would be very fitting if they end this 25 years after the 1st X-Men movie was released.

FANTASTIC FOUR
2017: The Fantastic Four Part II
2019: The Fantastic Four Part III
2021: The Fantastic Four Part IV

Since its Fantastic "Four", I think a quadrilogy would be ideal to this series. I'm not familiar with the FF universe so I don't have suggestions for characters and villains.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #75
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm revising my list and I decided that I don't want a cross-movie between X-Men and Fantastic Four

X-MEN
-cross-over movie and its like X3.5 and FC1.5
-last movie featuring the First Class cast

2016: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
-aka X-Men 4
-I want Apocalypse to be the main antagonist for the next trilogy but he doesn't appear in this movie right from the start, I want FOX to save him in the last scene kinda like what Avengers did to Thanos in the 1st Avengers movie
-Mr. Sinister is the head villain and he's working on for the return of Apocalypse, like in Ultimate X-Men but in this one, he doesn't need to sacrifice himself
-Returning X-Men: Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Angel
-New addition to the X-Men: Psylocke

2018: X-Men: Rise of Apocalypse
-aka X-Men 5
-So this the movie where the X-Men finally meets Apocalypse. The X-Men is not going to defeat Apocalypse in this one, well not yet.
-Towards the end of the movie, Apocalypse will capture Angel and Beast.

2020: X-Men: End of Apocalypse
-aka X-Men 6
-Introduction of the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse including Archangel.
-Beast is going to be Dark Beast in this one. He works for Apocalypse but not one of the horsemen.
-X-Men defeats Apocalypse in this movie.

2022: X-Men: Goes to Space
-aka X-Men 7
-Introduction of the Shi'ar Empire
-Start of the last trilogy of the X-Men movie series

2024: X-Men: Onslaught Strikes Back
-aka X-Men 8
-Introduction of Onslaught
-X-Men and Shi'ar join forces to defeat Onslaught

2025: X-Men: The End
-aka X-Men 9
-X-Men beats Onslaught in this movie.
-Well someday, FOX will have to reboot this movie series and it would be very fitting if they end this 25 years after the 1st X-Men movie was released.

FANTASTIC FOUR
2017: The Fantastic Four Part II
2019: The Fantastic Four Part III
2021: The Fantastic Four Part IV

Since its Fantastic "Four", I think a quadrilogy would be ideal to this series. I'm not familiar with the FF universe so I don't havesuggestions for characters and villain.
All this would be a dream come true. I see the studio going in a different direction though, yet still a very ambitious one. Here's what I'd like to see:

2016: Wolverine III (takes place in Madripoor & directly before The Mutant Massacre. Sabertooth is the villain)

2017: X-Men: The Mutant Massacre (third film starring McAvoy, Fassbender & Lawrence; set in the 80s with Cyclops leading the team, Sinister as the villain, supporting roles by Sabertooth & Gambit; sets up Apocalypse)

2018: The Fantastic Four: Part II

2020: X-Men: The Apocalypse (fourth and final film starring McAvoy, Fassbender & Lawrence; takes place in the present and features Angel along with the Four Horsemen. Xavier is killed, movie ends with Wolverine visiting his grave in a cameo)

2021: The Fantastic Four: Part III

2022: Old Man Logan (takes place 100 years after Xavier's death at the hands of Apocalypse in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-style North America. Wolverine is the last remaining mutant and lives secluded. He learns that a boy who can read people's minds has been captured by a local tribe. He rescues the boy who ends up being a descendant of Xavier's & the movie ends with Wolverine taking him in. In the final scene, he asks the boy to read his mind. After a few flashes of seeing what's in Logan's head, he asks "Who are the X-Men?" Logan smiles and the credits roll.

Marv is offline   Reply With Quote