3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #26
DarKush
Side-Kick

Default Re: Episode 10: Burned Rate and Review Thread

Disappointed in this episode. I wish they had made more use of Firefly. I also didn't like how he went out. Ollie should've shot him in the arm or leg or something to stop the man from committing suicide.

I also am getting tired of Dig as Oliver's conscience. He's becoming a bit of a nanny and I would like to see him out in the action.

I though the Thea-Moira stuff was fine though. I'm also glad that Detective Lance hasn't completely forgotten about nabbing Arrow. Pretty sneaky that he's using his daughter to do it.

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #27
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I thought this was a good episode, flashbacks were a little weak but it'll ramp up soon.

My only complaint was Firefly. I like this villain in the cartoons (Batman:TAS) and the comics, he has one of my favorite comic moments (he lit a bunch of people on fire at the same time and from the sky it looked like a bat symbol). But here he's just a throw-away villain. In my vision for the next Bat films he's one of the key villains. I wished they treated him with more respect.

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
Ryder
Side-Kick

Who cares it wasnt really firefly anyway.

Firefly wears a bug suit and he flies.

Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #29
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

He's a master of fire manipulation. If they had done it right they could've have some really cool moments. They the makings of a good Firefly representation with the terpentine spray and the fire grenades but they didn't go far enough. Instead of a genius arsonist he just an angry firefighter.

And for the record they could've made a really awesome looking bug suit. You never know.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Who cares it wasnt really firefly anyway.

Firefly wears a bug suit and he flies.
If that's the case, it wasn't a good representation of him, but rather something to connect him within the context of the show.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #31
Baramos
Side-Kick

They should have made him Firebug instead of Firefly. Then no one could really complain about this representation.

Heck Firebug even has a tragic backstory, whereas Firefly is just an arsonist for hire.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #32
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

The way Firefly just killed himself was lame. There was hardly a fight between him and Arrow. I was disappointed in that.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #33
SpiderMan'sBoot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
The way Firefly just killed himself was lame. There was hardly a fight between him and Arrow. I was disappointed in that.
Agree entirely. I wouldn't have minded if he killed himself after Arrow had him on the ropes but it was like they thought, oh crap we're nearly at the end of the script -insert quick self suicide here-

But ah well, you can't keep it at maximum every episode. Otherwise you wouldn't know which the best episodes are. I definitely think they're getting towards a winning formula.

SpiderMan'sBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I definitely wanted a better Firefly fight.

You see if they kept him alive and let him actually become Firefly they could've have an epic fight scene with the Flamethrower gun he uses and had Arrow shoot a shot right into the gun make it explode.

But he's dead so they can't do that. No respect for Firefly.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #35
SpiderMan'sBoot
Side-Kick

The other thing, Firefly had already got the better of Arrow first time they met. Why wouldn't he think he could take him again? He didn't seem the give up type, with all he's done to get revenge either.

Didn't fit the character they'd built up imo.

It's a shame as it was a decent episode, better climax would have made it a great episode.

SpiderMan'sBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #36
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

I expected a flamethrower for Firefly

Edit: Throughout the WHOLE episode

ChukNoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #37
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

First, Yes Arrows back!

Secondly, the flashback to Arrows beat down by Dark Archer, I actually forgot how badly he got beaten up, wow.

Thirdly, on with the episode: Oliver's confidence was down and for good reason, it was nice to see that, shows often skip over and ignore stuff but here they won't for it full throttle his confidence was really low. It was nice to see they went this route with him questioning himself rather than him not wanting to be the hero for selfish reasons.

Island flashbacks, oh yes, god I missed this show and these awesome flashbacks. Always nice to see Deathstroke. The parallels of a low on confidence Oliver and a shall we say rookie Oliver on the island was really well done.

Firefly, I love to see comic villains brought to life and we know that on this show we get grounded versions. I was not disappointed with Firefly. I felt they really did a well grounded version of his character and it they did him justice. I just wish they hadn't killed him off at the end.

Does Laurel suspect Oliver is Arrow? The way she looked at him when he confronted that firefighter, hmmm. I also have a feeling when she does find out it'll have something to do with that firefighters badge.

All in all a great episode to return on, it had repercussions from the previous episode that it delivered on and a great introduction to another DC Comics character, but it loses a point for been flat on action so 9/10.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #38
The Guard
Side-Kick

Firefly kinda sucked.

I was kinda hoping to see Firefly...you know, fly.

Maybe this was Firebug. Then it makes sense that he sucked.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Really enjoyed this episode, wasnt expecting much after the reviews in this thread but I really enjoyed it.

Firefly wasnt really the point of this episode, the point was Oliver getting his confidence back and needing other people to do it. The episode focused on that and it was a great journey for Arrow to go through, as anyone would suffer a loss of confidence after a beating like that.

Overall a really good episode and the high standards of the show are maintained for me. 8/10

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #40
riotgirl77
TVEA C.D. & Writer

My review for "Burned" is up at TV Ever After!

http://www.tveverafter.com/arrow-1-10-burned-review/