The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #301
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
that would have been really stupid to have reeve in a wheelchair in a superman movie
He wouldn't have been in a wheelchair. Reeve's cameo would have actually had him walking in the film. It sounded really cool, actually.

This is what they had in mind at the time:

One last thing I am remembering; he said that he really wanted to have Reeve make a cameo, and that because they are shooting in Australia (this was his idea before Reeve passed away), he was going to try to do something similar to what was done for that SuperBowl commercial a few years ago; using CGI he was going to try to have Reeve make a cameo while walking! Really exciting stuff!

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...about-superman

Here's the Super Bowl commercial that they were referring to:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #302
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
then why did they have to reboot the franchise and took 4 years from die another day for another bond movie

DAD was panned and has a whopping 57% on RT they could of made a sequel since it made good money but they didn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Skyfall took so long to make because MGM went bankrupt. Die Another Day didn't get a sequel because Pierce Brosnan finished his contract.
Llama is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
that would have been really stupid to have reeve in a wheelchair in a superman movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
He wouldn't have been in a wheelchair. Reeve's cameo would have actually had him walking in the film. It sounded really cool, actually.

This is what they had in mind at the time:

One last thing I am remembering; he said that he really wanted to have Reeve make a cameo, and that because they are shooting in Australia (this was his idea before Reeve passed away), he was going to try to do something similar to what was done for that SuperBowl commercial a few years ago; using CGI he was going to try to have Reeve make a cameo while walking! Really exciting stuff!

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...about-superman

Here's the Super Bowl commercial that they were referring to:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Ben is correct also.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #303
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Reeve in SR woulda just sealed the deal on how much a tribute this movie was. Disgusting.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #304
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Disgusting?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #305
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, I think that would've been a very appalling and tasteless move, bordering on disgusting. And would've been distracing. Of course, I dont have any idea of how much of a deal they would've made out of it within the movie, but I would still just see it as a cheap trick to get some more PR. PR that might've overshadowed the actual movie. For a commercial it's fine, but for a movie it's tacky.

Last edited by Rust; 01-22-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #306
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, I think that would've been a very appalling and tasteless move, bordering on disgusting. And would've been distracing. Of course, I dont have any idea of how much of a deal they would've made out of it within the movie, but I would still just see it as a cheap trick to get some more PR. PR that might've overshadowed the actual movie. For a commercial it's fine, but for a movie it's tacky.
Giving Christopher Reeve a cameo (especially what they had in mind), would have been a very tasteful and classy move. The guy not only was (and still is) considered the definitive Superman but was also looked upon as a real life hero as well, for what he had overcome.

I don't see how a Reeve cameo would have been anymore distracting than Stan Lee appearing in Marvel films or Lou Ferrigno having cameo's in both modern Hulk films, etc.

Christopher Reeve's appearance on Smallville was even one of the show's highlights and most memorable moments.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #307
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Possible spoiler from Lego London Toy Fair:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...rtesy-of-lego/

Interesting in the context of MOS plot.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #308
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Possible spoiler from Lego London Toy Fair:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...rtesy-of-lego/

Interesting in the context of MOS plot.
Wasn't there an alleged spoiler a long time ago about there being a Kryptonian (thought then to be Zod) on earth long before Superman made himself known, and this Kryptonian was studying Clark along with the CIA?

Did I dream that up?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #309
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Wasn't there an alleged spoiler a long time ago about there being a Kryptonian (thought then to be Zod) on earth long before Superman made himself known, and this Kryptonian was studying Clark along with the CIA?

Did I dream that up?
Yes, I think so. Fyi, the link below will take you to a wiki article and it may be spoiler in the context of MOS plot - if it's true at all!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #310
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Did I dream that up?
You didn't. That was a part of a plot breakdown I had.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #311
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Is this Tor-An on Zod's side or just working on his own?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #312
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

He works for Zod.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #313
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Alright. Should be interesting to see how this all works out.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #314
X Knight
Straight Edge

hmmm....could Tor-An be the big mo-cap dude with Faora?? the one with the stick on his head......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #315
Simo
Side-Kick

Found another blog with a little bit more of info regarding the Lego sets that I'll spoiler tag but it seemingly confirms that Zod will have 2 costumes when on Earth and offers a slight description of the Black Zero ship:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he set numbers and titles for these sets are as rumoured: 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown, 76003 Superman Battle of Smallville and 76009 Superman Black Zero Escape. Minifigures featured in the sets include Superman, Zod, Faora, Tor-An and a General Zod figure variant in some kind of armour. The standout piece in the range is in set 76009 – a large spaceship with an almost “bug”-like appearance…

http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2013/0...e-lone-ranger/

Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #316
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Didn't Goyer mention in a very early interview for the film that they'd be setting up some big Kryptonian mythology as well into the film? If that's the case, maybe this supposed "new guy" could be a instrument for doing that as well.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #317
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Interesting that the set is called Black Zero Escape. It's definitely a part of the film we know nothing about. It must be after Superman and Lois hand in hand give themselves up to board. I'm assuming inside is where Superman is dropped to his knees coughing up blood. Also where he is reaching out of skeletons.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #318
sup101
Side-Kick

It's another Kryptonian villain named Dev-Em besides Tor-An

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/23...ains-revealed/

Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #319
sup101
Side-Kick

Man of Steel MPAA Rating Revealed

The film has received a PG-13 rating "for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99208

Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #320
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
It's another Kryptonian villain named Dev-Em besides Tor-An

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/23...ains-revealed/
Mother of God.Just how many Kryptonians is Kal going up against!I mean its cool that well get a lot of action but Im worried that having so many kryptoninas means well be a lot of kicking-supermans-ass scenes and that will utterly depressin.Superman should kick ass not the other way around.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #321
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:

The film has received a PG-13 rating "for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language.

No sensuality? Boo!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #322
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Found another blog with a little bit more of info regarding the Lego sets that I'll spoiler tag but it seemingly confirms that Zod will have 2 costumes when on Earth and offers a slight description of the Black Zero ship:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he set numbers and titles for these sets are as rumoured: 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown, 76003 Superman Battle of Smallville and 76009 Superman Black Zero Escape. Minifigures featured in the sets include Superman, Zod, Faora, Tor-An and a General Zod figure variant in some kind of armour. The standout piece in the range is in set 76009 – a large spaceship with an almost “bug”-like appearance…

http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2013/0...e-lone-ranger/
Well that supports the spioler about there being 3 main action scenes in the movie. Bolded is the scenes.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #323
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:

Did I dream that up?
??? i thought that was in JJ Abram script, if i'm not mistaken.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #324
J.Howlett

Quote:

For it to get a rating this early, that means the edit is damn near locked or close to it.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #325
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I'm gonna make a guess that with the whole 'Escape from Black Zero' Lois is going to have a pretty instrumental role in freeing Superman from those skeletons or whatever. Didn't Amy reveal that she does wield some 'sort of laser'? Perhaps she gets a hold of some Kryptonian lance/gun weapon inside the ship and goes all Ellen Ripley in there and gets Supes out.

Closed Thread