Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 AM   #51
Musty002
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think "Dr. Wu" is going to be Radioactive Man, or even Chen Lu. Has anyone heard of any more Chinese casting?

Also, MTV News expanded some more on Feige's interview quotes about IM3:

Pretty much closes the door once and for all on alien powered rings, for anybody still holding out hope for a Makluan connection.
so he is a terrorist whos 10 rings represent 10 different terrorists organisation he controls. So no alien tech or any kind of amor suit.

Interesting, is he basicaly doing what Ras and bin laden (without the religous ideology) is doing?

Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #52
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Lol like I've said I only know the general plans. I still have to guess at things and fill in the blanks, which is why I'll constantly admit the finer details could be incorrect.

When they hire on directors they aren't looking to immediately force the connections on individual directors. They allow choice in the matter...

Which means characters that were sometimes planned to be used can have alternatives offered by the studio to better match the story the writers and directors are telling. While still securing the overall progression of certain things...

Yet there was always a plan to use Radioactive man and some of those rumors have elements of truth to them.
As I've been hinting certain things change and certain things may reappear.
The villain Whedon talked about in his early draft of Avengers will most definitely crop up again... How soon that is I can't be sure. His story can be worked in here if they chose to place it here.
it's looking less and less likely we'll be getting obvious Ultron references, If radioactive man is a significant factor in this plot...

I came to believe that Radioactive Man was no longer the plan. And Egghead/Pegg became the plan for the secondary villain in Ant Man. Whichever way they go, this movie is going to connect to Ant Man in some way and I'll stick by that general statement.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #53
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

I can't wait til it's the 28th and we get some more footage (and a poster too i heard)

As for this pale green guy. I reckon eric savin gets injured in the air force one sequence, either needs extremis surgery to live, or volunteers as a way of getting back at iron man (who wasn't responsible for the plane attack due to a hacked suit. i say this because iron man would never rip a whole in an air craft with innocent ppl on it on purpose). he then becomes a mallen-coldblood type villain and is the mandarin's main muscle against tony.

meanwhile, rhodey eventually gets replaced by ashley hamilton in the iron patriot suit and goes back to his war machine platform.

tony gets blamed for the air force one attack, his name becomes mud. iron man is eliminated (or so we think; he survives the mansion assault). that leaves rhodey, who is a hero in the public eye and an american symbol. that's why mandarin replaces him somehow with ashley hamilton's character. evil iron patriot can then get close to the government without having to worry about iron man's interference.

that's until rhodey and tony come back and boom, epic action ensues.

i reckon the above outline of mandarin's plan is in line with a clever terrorist figure such as mandarin.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #54
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musty002 View Post
so he is a terrorist whos 10 rings represent 10 different terrorists organisation he controls. So no alien tech or any kind of amor suit.

Interesting, is he basicaly doing what Ras and bin laden (without the religous ideology) is doing?
Some of the terrorist organizations he controls are masquerading as businesses. AIM is one of these. He even acts like the owner of Oracle, and an Oracle himself of some of what's to come... The owner of Oracle we're left unsure about... accounting for early rumors about Namor.. Only because this is where the Atlantis seeds have been threaded along. Hammer could still be part of this too... So he has a lot of powers coming from each organization that act as his powers via science and each symbol represents some of those powers (his powers from the comics) mento-intensifier and matter rearrangement being important. Some may even relate directly to who he assigns as the corresponding ring wearer from each organization.
There's some sort of power theme to the rings in addition to representing each group/character/member of a group he controls.
Coldblood and Firepower are his cold and firepower rings symbolically.
Each power theme is necessary to his criminal Empire.
I've been saying variations of this for a while, but with Stane and Raza already having rings in the earlier movies I knew this angle was most likely.
Which means each symbol will be important, the extent of which I don't really know. But they are still his powers and the dragon symbol could still mean something more to Mandi in later movies. IMO he starts to reveal what each symbol means through a series of scenes but is cut off in the finale and doesn't finish telling us what the other symbols correspond to that would have completed his Empire. He may lose some fingers too, and then return again in later movies.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #55
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
I can't wait til it's the 28th and we get some more footage (and a poster too i heard)

As for this pale green guy. I reckon eric savin gets injured in the air force one sequence, either needs extremis surgery to live, or volunteers as a way of getting back at iron man (who wasn't responsible for the plane attack due to a hacked suit. i say this because iron man would never rip a whole in an air craft with innocent ppl on it on purpose). he then becomes a mallen-coldblood type villain and is the mandarin's main muscle against tony.

meanwhile, rhodey eventually gets replaced by ashley hamilton in the iron patriot suit and goes back to his war machine platform.

tony gets blamed for the air force one attack, his name becomes mud. iron man is eliminated (or so we think; he survives the mansion assault). that leaves rhodey, who is a hero in the public eye and an american symbol. that's why mandarin replaces him somehow with ashley hamilton's character. evil iron patriot can then get close to the government without having to worry about iron man's interference.

i reckon the above outline of mandarin's plan is in line with a clever terrorist figure such as mandarin.
I could definitely see something like this working

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The suggestions of Firepower and even The Leader as the "pale green veiny guy" actually make sense. Although Firepower definitely doesn't fit that description, it's possible that he's being "Whiplashed" into an "In Name Only" amalgam of characters....possibly a combination of Firepower and Radioactive Man. Remember that scene from the trailer of the Hiroshima-style shadows (father and child...?) flash-blasted into the wall at Chattanooga....? Suggests some sort of mini-nuke explosion or weapon. Maybe it was Taggert as a soldier/citizen, and he got disintegrated/reintegrated. Or irradiated. And came back as Something Else (i.e., Firepower/Radioactive Man), who blames Tony for making him into a monster.

The Leader is a fascinating possibility, since we know that seed was already planted in TIH. It'd be an odd crossover without Ruffalo/Hulk present, though.

Another possibility is that the "pale green veiny guy" is Mandarin himself. We know the Extremis virus causes people to go all *black* and veiny in the comics, but of course, Mallen isn't in this movie, so somebody else is obviously filling in for the role of Voluntary Test Subject. Could be that Mandarin gives himself the Extremis virus, and this is his "powered up" state.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #57
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

I want this to be the plot!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #58
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Unfortunately Toys mean nothing.... I know the 6inch line of figures coming out is including a build-a-figure of comic iron monger ... So we know comic figures will be mixed in with the movie figures....

Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #59
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
The villain Whedon talked about in his early draft of Avengers will most definitely crop up again... How soon that is I can't be sure. His story can be worked in here if they chose to place it here.
We better get the damn Red Skull back. That's all I'm saying. Would be a complete waste if we didn't.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #60
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Well we're getting Zola (apparently). So hopefully that's one step closer to Red Skull.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #61
OB12
Side-Kick

I think we'll see Red Skull again, it just won't be Hugo Weaving.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #62
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think we get a poster with 2nd theatrical trailer which is early March, but ya i am very excited for new footage on 28th.
As far as plot goes i just hope Mandarin to have a huge presence and impact as a villain rather than just plot fodder.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #63
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Fiendish Dr. Wu?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #64
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
I think we'll see Red Skull again, it just won't be Hugo Weaving.
Maybe, but I'm hoping he can still be convinced to return with a better written part.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #65
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I'm surprised you don't know who it is, Loki... Along with how many scenes they're in and what the actor had for breakfast every day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Well we're getting Zola (apparently). So hopefully that's one step closer to Red Skull.
what? Since when is he the villain in Cap 2? How dissapoointing

Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #66
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Over exaggerating much? He's not been announced as THE MAIN villain yet... We also have winter soldier and crossbones as well. I also assume AIM will play a big role

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #67
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It was announced yesterday. Gotta keep up, buddy.

No one has said he is the villain. But he is returning for some type of role. He might only be shown in flashbacks, for all we know.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #68
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The suggestions of Firepower and even The Leader as the "pale green veiny guy" actually make sense. Although Firepower definitely doesn't fit that description, it's possible that he's being "Whiplashed" into an "In Name Only" amalgam of characters....possibly a combination of Firepower and Radioactive Man. Remember that scene from the trailer of the Hiroshima-style shadows (father and child...?) flash-blasted into the wall at Chattanooga....? Suggests some sort of mini-nuke explosion or weapon. Maybe it was Taggert as a soldier/citizen, and he got disintegrated/reintegrated. Or irradiated. And came back as Something Else (i.e., Firepower/Radioactive Man), who blames Tony for making him into a monster.

The Leader is a fascinating possibility, since we know that seed was already planted in TIH. It'd be an odd crossover without Ruffalo/Hulk present, though.

Another possibility is that the "pale green veiny guy" is Mandarin himself. We know the Extremis virus causes people to go all *black* and veiny in the comics, but of course, Mallen isn't in this movie, so somebody else is obviously filling in for the role of Voluntary Test Subject. Could be that Mandarin gives himself the Extremis virus, and this is his "powered up" state.
The way I see it they could kind of give Taggert and Coldblood the Mallen treatment and sort of spread it across the two. I'm thinking it does have more to do with Mallen's role from the comics and kind of has to do with the veiny description. Looking more like Stark's chest in IM2 but completely covered in that stuff from the nano-tech running through the body and actually converting it in a mallen like way. But actually converting them to the Mandarin's will at the same time. Some of the rings might still have extremis related powers. The mento intensifier ring might let him take full control of their nervous systems... employing the nerve neutralizer he had Stane make in IM1 to shut down the brain.. Tony controls tech. Mandarin is far more sinister, he wants to literally control a human being and program them to be part of his Extremis army.

But I have to admit now I'm thinking that green guy can't be Taggert.
It would be too early in the story if he's turning green, and still has to hijack the Patriot for Mandi. Maybe he doesn't get tricked into it so much as forced into it by one of Mandarin's powers.

If it wasn't for that scene where it looks like something blasted the shadow into the wall I would say it's prob not Radioactive Man. But because that's there I do really think Radioactive Man could be in this movie in some way. One of the rings has to do with the radioactive theme in some ways, so Radioactive man could be part of his terrorist network, in disguise, one of his rings/powers and infiltrates the field of nuclear medicine before joining it with technology. Isn't completely controlled or an Extremis soldier like Coldblood and Taggert.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #69
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Over exaggerating much? He's not been announced as THE MAIN villain yet... We also have winter soldier and crossbones as well. I also assume AIM will play a big role
From the interviews with Toby I seriously doubt he'll be the main villain. It sounds like Zola was a late addition. Still, I'm happy have him back. Maybe we can see the robot form this time.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #70
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
It's not too surprising he's in there. When you look at it, Cap 2 is shaping up to be quite the team movie. Fury, Cap, Falcon and Widow are all going to be seeing a lot of action. They need lots of characters for the team to take on.
if Zemo shows up and an actual fight with Zemo or Zola ensues the other characters need some people to contend with throughout the end of the story.
I think the reason there are even three villains announced already is because Winter Soldier is only the overall theme of the movie, and Bucky's mind is back to normal in time to help take on Zola, Zemo, Crossbones (if he's still alive/around at that point) and all of AIM.

I think the first half of the movie has them dealing with Winter Soldier, Russia, and Crossbones for a little bit. But then they actually find a way to turn Bucky good and reveal some of Zola and Zemo's overall plans. Where Bucky is thrust onto the good side and has to help the team take on Zola Zemo and AIM.
It seems a lot will be based on the plan for the Shield and Widow movies, which is why some other wonderful characters may come into it. The plan may have originally been for certain characters and villains to show up in the Shield vs AIM movie if made... but now CA2 is more of a team effort and will prob include a little bit of those plots.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #71
LokiDionysos
Eternal

I'm just gonna hint that Fury did say the cure he gave Tony was only a temporary fix...

And there's more to Tony needing Extremis from the "good" doctor.
Mandarin has spies everywhere and knows just what to offer Tony that's the perfect solution to all his problems... Or so he thinks. This is a trojan horse tactic and there's a lot of other things that come with Extremis besides the permanent cure and new powers Tony is seeking.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #72
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I call major BS. The new core he develops stabilizes his palladium levels.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #73
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I call major BS. The new core he develops stabilizes his palladium levels.
Actually, doesn't the new element replace the palladium?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #74
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, and it stabilizes the palladium poisoning in his blood

Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #75
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Keyword stabilizes... it might have other unintended side-effects. Or like cancer simply be in remission for a long period of time... Palladium can even cause chemical poisoning so he might have created another problem that needs to be solved, although less severe than dying as it can be treated repeatedly with chemical medicine... i.e. nuclear medicine.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Closed Thread