Keyword BS

Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #77
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Yeah, and it stabilizes the palladium poisoning in his blood
Wait, so it's both helping the electromagnet keep the shrapnel from entering his heart, AND there's STILL palladium floating around in his bloodstream that the new element is somehow magically keeping from killing him? Is the new element also floating around in his bloodstream? Where are you getting these facts?

Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #78
LokiDionysos
Eternal

lol choose not to believe, I don't care. I know what I know, but I only had access to very detailed synopses and have to guess at some things myself.

Symptoms of Chemical poisoning -- Palladium

Rash

Wheezing

Cough

etc. etc.

So he's not dying again... just some minor side effects...
The thing he used to replace it can still allow it to poison him chemically, and chemical, i.e. nuclear medicine, is used to treat it. Still traces in the body/bloodstream as the poster above has hinted. But that wouldn't be why he finally got extremis. He's been seeing the doctor for a while, because he's not dying it just creates minor side effects and has his business relationships with the doc.

So he's been treating him for a while prior to injecting him with extremis... which is also Tony's idea in a way because he wants to be able to control the suit at the same time and is still tweaking his technology.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #79
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Loki, that makes sense. If Wu is some kind of radiation therapist, and that's why Stark needs to see him, then Wu very well *could* turn out to be Radioactive Man after all. Maybe even as a result of a mishap during Stark's operation.... Seems strange they'd do a name change, though....don't know what's wrong with "Chen Lu." Maybe it's an insult in Cantonese or something....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #80
LokiDionysos
Eternal

That's why I think there's a chance he could just be an evil member of the rings now. The toys and that part in the trailer where it looks like some sort of nuclear blast has gone off really have me looking at the possibility that he does factor into the movie a lot more and actually reveals himself. I really don't see him having a big part if he does actually become Radioactive man in the film.

I was thinking when they changed the name it would make him not a factor anymore, but the doctor that injects Stark is definitely on the evil side of things.
Maybe that's who he is but the toys are playing up the character, or were already in place and now he's less of a factor in the movie-- but still Radioactive Man in disguise or something.

Love your quote btw Cherokee. Queens of the Stone Age is by far my favorite band. Their new album's gonna be awesome. I'm looking forward to a lot of good music this year. New Tool finally, new Black Sabbath.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-23-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: to add
Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #81
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
I'm just gonna hint that Fury did say the cure he gave Tony was only a temporary fix...

And there's more to Tony needing Extremis from the "good" doctor.
Mandarin has spies everywhere and knows just what to offer Tony that's the perfect solution to all his problems... Or so he thinks. This is a trojan horse tactic and there's a lot of other things that come with Extremis besides the permanent cure and new powers Tony is seeking.
This is BS, first off the "temporary" fix was the shot of the Lithium Dioxide that Black Widow gives him to "take the edge off". The new element powering the Arc reactor was never said to be temporary.

Tony probably will want the Extremis formula to permanently solve the shrapnel problem, but he's not going to have blood poisoning again.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #82
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Feige already told us Tony's reasoning durring this film. He is haunted by what happened in New York, and he realizes there are forces alot more powerful than he is, so he is seeking improved armor, improved powers.

In the comics he needed Extremis because the suit could not respond fast enough for him, so Extremis was a way for him to have ultimate control over the suit. In what we see so far Tony is working for ways to have the suit latch on to him without having to use the mechanical arms to put it on. Extremis could be a solution to allow Tony to call the suit to him from any where.

LokiD, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but we didn't fall off the turnip wagon yesterday.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #83
Chris B
Side-Kick

Granted, we obviously don't know how IM3 will turn out, but is anyone really starting to hope that Marvel does go ahead with an IM4. Keeping in mind that it isn't a foregone conclusion that they will since there is the question of what happens with RDJ, or maybe they'll simply want to use Phase III as a chance to debut new characters instead of making more sequels.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #84
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Over exaggerating much? He's not been announced as THE MAIN villain yet... We also have winter soldier and crossbones as well. I also assume AIM will play a big role
Not at all actually. I just assumed that the next villain announced would be THE villain. I know winter soldier and crossbones are there, so I assumed the NEXT villain would be the main one. Maybe not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
It was announced yesterday. Gotta keep up, buddy.

No one has said he is the villain. But he is returning for some type of role. He might only be shown in flashbacks, for all we know.
Gotcha, and I am usually up to date. I just started classes again yesterday and today, so Im a bit slow :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
From the interviews with Toby I seriously doubt he'll be the main villain. It sounds like Zola was a late addition. Still, I'm happy have him back. Maybe we can see the robot form this time.
that would be cool

Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #85
Polux
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
That's why I think there's a chance he could just be an evil member of the rings now. The toys and that part in the trailer where it looks like some sort of nuclear blast has gone off really have me looking at the possibility that he does factor into the movie a lot more and actually reveals himself. I really don't see him having a big part if he does actually become Radioactive man in the film.

I was thinking when they changed the name it would make him not a factor anymore, but the doctor that injects Stark is definitely on the evil side of things.
Maybe that's who he is but the toys are playing up the character, or were already in place and now he's less of a factor in the movie-- but still Radioactive Man in disguise or something.

Love your quote btw Cherokee. Queens of the Stone Age is by far my favorite band. Their new album's gonna be awesome. I'm looking forward to a lot of good music this year. New Tool finally, new Black Sabbath.
Here!! Here!!! I'm also a QOTSA fan, by far my favorite band!!! (I'm listening to Go with the flow as I type ) and Josh Homme is the reason why I started playing guitar and IMHO one of the coolest guys in rock music.

Ok, sorry for getting off-topic, I just get excited when I find other QOTSA fans... :P

Polux

Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #86
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Unfortunately Toys mean nothing.... I know the 6inch line of figures coming out is including a build-a-figure of comic iron monger ... So we know comic figures will be mixed in with the movie figures....
Some toy news doesn't mean much, but LEGO has a history of spoiling movie details. Remember when the LEGO Chitauri hit before they were announced as the alien race in Avengers?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #87
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Granted, we obviously don't know how IM3 will turn out, but is anyone really starting to hope that Marvel does go ahead with an IM4. Keeping in mind that it isn't a foregone conclusion that they will since there is the question of what happens with RDJ, or maybe they'll simply want to use Phase III as a chance to debut new characters instead of making more sequels.
I would love that, as long as there's a strong script, and a good director attached.

I'm optomistically hopefull that IM3 will be the definitive IM film. And if it turns out to be, there's always the problem of letdown afterward.

However it turns out, we are getting RDJ in Avengers 2 for sure, and possibly A3.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #88
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol if LokiD turns out to be telling the truth, a lot of you are going to have some appologizing to do

Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #89
ctsketch
Side-Kick

he no longer uses palladium in his core, THAT was what was poisoning him. Ergo his body will slowly deal with w/e palladium was left in his body... palladium is a none issue now.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #90
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not at all actually. I just assumed that the next villain announced would be THE villain. I know winter soldier and crossbones are there, so I assumed the NEXT villain would be the main one. Maybe not though.

Gotcha, and I am usually up to date. I just started classes again yesterday and today, so Im a bit slow :P

that would be cool
if he was the "main" villain, they wouldn't of just had him say "yeah i'm returning" that was about the extent of him saying he was appearing in the film... lol.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #91
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Some toy news doesn't mean much, but LEGO has a history of spoiling movie details. Remember when the LEGO Chitauri hit before they were announced as the alien race in Avengers?
they showed the images.. but we couldn't make out what they were at first...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #92
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
if he was the "main" villain, they wouldn't of just had him say "yeah i'm returning" that was about the extent of him saying he was appearing in the film... lol.
cut me some slack lol, I didn't read the article, the first (AND OLNLY) thing I saw regarding the matter was the person who posted, saying Zola was in it.

So I assumed :P

Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #93
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
they showed the images.. but we couldn't make out what they were at first...
My point was that LEGO releases actual movie details more than, say, a random action figure sighting.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #94
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

i want to see an all new trailer by march. I hope it is impressive. I also hope that there is a surprise ending to the film.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #95
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Ultron will be the master mind

:P

Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #96
protocida
Side-Kick

Wait, since when Ashley Hamilton is piloting the Iron Patriot and Coldblood is wounded in the Air Force One?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #97
dopemaster
Side-Kick

does anyone know if there is going to be a Superbowl commercial??

Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #98
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopemaster View Post
does anyone know if there is going to be a Superbowl commercial??

Yes, there is.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #99
dopemaster
Side-Kick

sweeeeet!

Thx

Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #100
eddy
Side-Kick

11 more days!