The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #551
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think 1 action scene would be enough for the fans. There's still no character development with that. People criticized Cyclops' screentime in the movies and if he appeared on this one, I doubt he will get more screentime especially the cast is pretty huge right now and I don't think he would get enough focus. So I don't think this is the right time to bring Cyclops/James Marsden back.

Reminds me of Selene!

Maybe. In the comics, when a lot of mutants lost their powers and some of them were killed and in DOFP, they could do that with Sentinels killing and hunting depowered mutants.
Plus Magneto versus Sentinels he should be able to end the conflict with his powers!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #552
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

In a world where the mastermind behind most of the acts of terrorism are perpetrated by the master of magnetism, you would think the powers-that-be would devise weapons/robots/whathaveyou that won't be easily manipulated by said master of magnetism

Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #553
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post

Probably. I wonder just how much of a surprise some of these potential additions or cameos may be. They were able to keep Jackman and Romijn's First Class cameos fairly quiet, up until release. Or, in Jackman's case, I believe they just denied it, and denied it, and denied it.
I'm expecting a ton of denials leading up to the release date.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #554
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

This is going to be epic, I can tell. They'll have allot to hide!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #555
night0205
Side-Kick

Don't get your expectations to high, that never works. Right now, until it's officially stated, we do not know.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #556
Angamb
Banned User

well, to someone who liked X1 and X2, just to have Days of future past directed by Singer again cant end in a bad movie. And having the elements the storyarc has, this alone is bigger and better than X1 and X2 plots.
so.... its really hard to not have high expectations.

to expect Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Angel would be too high expectations to me, but to have FC cast more four or five actors from original trilogy is just enough reason to be really excited for this sequel.

not as much as how I would be with X4, I should say, but Im excited with this too

Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #557
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Cyclops is third on the poll on the front page, behind Nightcrawler and friggin Gambit.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #558
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
well, to someone who liked X1 and X2, just to have Days of future past directed by Singer again cant end in a bad movie. And having the elements the storyarc has, this alone is bigger and better than X1 and X2 plots.

to expect Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Angel would be too high expectations to me, but to have FC cast more four or five actors from original trilogy is just enough reason to be really excited for this sequel.

not as much as how I would be with X4, I should say, but Im excited with this too
Well, I agree it won't be a bad movie, however it can be a very mediocre movie... which in the eyes of the fans is a bad movie. People's expectations are extremely high, and were so for the Hobbit with Peter Jackson and Dark Knight Rises with Christopher Nolan, and while I love both those movies, they have been torn apart by supposed fans.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #559
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Rogue Is not having Expection too high.I expect her In film more than Cyclops,Jean,Colossus,and Iceman.As for Gambit he was In film everyone at Fox Is trying to distance themselves from especilly Bryan Singer.

Iceman and Colossus are more likely than Angel.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #560
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
Well, I agree it won't be a bad movie, however it can be a very mediocre movie... which in the eyes of the fans is a bad movie. People's expectations are extremely high, and were so for the Hobbit with Peter Jackson and Dark Knight Rises with Christopher Nolan, and while I love both those movies, they have been torn apart by supposed fans.
Not everyone tore apart the Hobbit.The Dark Knight rises was toren apart In part because of some decisons Nolan made to tie up batman In bow that goes against Batman lore.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #561
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I thought people/critics liked The Dark Knight Rises and I'm not even a fan of the series. Its just that this is a message board about films and a lot of people here like to nitpick every single thing.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #562
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

People on message boards don't speak for general audence.

Star wars prequels were very sucessfull.There Is younger audence who became aware of Star wars becaus eof prequel.Star wars Is divided to 3 groups 1:Those who loved original
2:Those who loved prequels(Yes they do exsist) 3:Small group(Including me) who liked both.

Superman Returns actully got decent reviews.It was sucess at box office(It beat X-Men,First Cass,and origins)

even though I am no fan of Michael Bay's transformers I will admit there Is audence for
them.And those who liked them.And there are people who liked Superman returns,Star wars prequels,and Indiana Jones and TKOCS.

As a fan of batman I don't like some decsions Nolan made.But as a film I still place It among my top 10 comic book films but not as high as Batman begins and The Dark Knight.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #563
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Cyclops is third on the poll on the front page, behind Nightcrawler and friggin Gambit.
Im Surprised Colossus is the top choice. But yeah Cyclops can never get a break...

Old 01-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #564
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Im Surprised Colossus is the top choice. But yeah Cyclops can never get a break...
I get Nightcrawler being second as he did an excellent comic page to movie screen transition thanks to X2. I even get the Gambit 3rd spot makes sense as he has his hardcore fans. But yea the Colossus top choice is a head-scratcher...

But the thing I love about this poll is that both Havok and Banshee are at the very bottom!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 AM   #565
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
But the thing I love about this poll is that both Havok and Banshee are at the very bottom!
Wow no kidding, they are way down there. Didnt see that. Rogue as well, didnt expect her to be down that far either. Beaten by Sabertooth haha.

X Men popularity polls are always interesting.

Last edited by def28; 01-26-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #566
BMM
Side-Kick

Yeah...

Those are some pretty terrible choices, in my opinion. Thankfully, they're not in charge of the movie.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #567
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

front page polls (like most polls) unfortunately are open to the general public...

the gen public (if they could vote on any characters being on film) 99.9% of the time we'd probably get.. (Gambit, Venom, Carnage, Psylocke, and a full on 90s roster for any marvel characters ever picked unfortunately)

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #568
def28
Side-Kick

I would have voted Psylocke haha

Still kind of a weird order...didnt think Colossus would be that popular of a vote.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #569
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I would have voted Psylocke haha

Still kind of a weird order...didnt think Colossus would be that popular of a vote.
the sad part is, they're voting on "character" and not "who they were in the movies" Colossus was practically forgettable

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #570
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post

I think it may be because people are taking for granted that these two will come back, so people are voting for characters who aren't guaranteed to show up.

Or people don't know ****.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #571
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
the sad part is, they're voting on "character" and not "who they were in the movies" Colossus was practically forgettable
Yeah, odd results though. Even in comics he never seemed a top choice over Cyc, Kurt or Gambit. Im still hoping Kitty shows up.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #572
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...65552375631872
Quote:
Very excited to welcome #annapaquin, @ellenpage & @shawnrashmore to #XMen #DaysofFuturePast - thank you @BrettRatner for letting them live!

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #573
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Old 01-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #574
def28
Side-Kick

Kitty!!!! Hahaha

Old 01-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #575
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

ELLEN!!!

Closed Thread