The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #76
RustyCage
Come what may..

Default Re: Uncanny Plot Similarities between The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins (SPOILERS

Something that stands out to me but may be overanalysis:

When Bruce is confronting his fear (climbing out of the pit, going through Ra's hallucination training) in both movies, a bunch of bats fly in his face and he has to keep cool to endure the test.

I've always known about several moments in The Dark Knight reflecting Begins as well, but I'm not sure if this is the place for that.

One more thing: The bit where Catwoman seems uneasy about being in The Bat with Batman and we see a side-shot of Batman's face looking silent and mysterious as he drives, with the music cue... HEAVILY reminded me of Batman '89, when Vicki is in the Batmobile.

Last edited by RustyCage; 01-24-2013 at 05:21 PM.
RustyCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #77
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Uncanny Plot Similarities between The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins (SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Something that stands out to me but may be overanalysis:

When Bruce is confronting his fear (climbing out of the pit, going through Ra's hallucination training) in both movies, a bunch of bats fly in his face and he has to keep cool to endure the test.
That's a good call, I hadn't thought of that one. I was more focused on how the bats originally appeared at the bottom of the well which is where he originally "found fear", and now at the top of the pit "fear finds him again". I love that because it kind of makes the bats like his guardian angels in a sense,; they help him on his journey to master fear. But I like your way of looking at it too, because in both cases he is definitely facing a trial.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #78
RustyCage
Come what may..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That's a good call, I hadn't thought of that one. I was more focused on how the bats originally appeared at the bottom of the well which is where he originally "found fear", and now at the top of the pit "fear finds him again". I love that because it kind of makes the bats like his guardian angels in a sense,; they help him on his journey to master fear. But I like your way of looking at it too, because in both cases he is definitely facing a trial.
A trial set before him by the League in both cases too.

I think both perspectives are accurate. The pit seems like it was meant to reflect all of the fear and hardship Bruce went through before, as well as his original determination and rage.

And of course his father's lesson.