Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #151
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #152
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

That does look awesome. Will we be able to fully suit him up or is it just those couple of pieces of armour shown that's going to be attachable to simulate the scene from the movie? I think it would be cool if we had a Hot Toys Tony Stark/Iron Man you could fully assemble his armour around him.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #153
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Couple of pieces, the logistics behind armouring him up completely would be a nightmare and no doubt very expensive to buy. Maybe one day though. The majority of those pieces you see are just connectable parts like the feet and hands just replace the Tony Stark feet and hands, I assume the lower leg piece slides on and the foot keeps it in place.

It's such a nice looking figure.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #154
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I half expected it would something like that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #155
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

As nice as them toys are they are far too expensive for any normal person to buy.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #156
ctsketch
Side-Kick

amazing detail!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #157
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
this is like ridiculous, just think about all this. These things have gone WAY beyond be excited for simply a movie. Like, the MCU has gone way beyond being A MOVIE, and a SEQUEL, it's literally like an on going story, its not like..I cant wait for that movie to come out. It's like, I can't wait what comes next, and what will happen because of that, and what will happen here to bring the avengers together again. It's geniusly done, and In my opinion, the MCU has gone far beyond being JUST MARVEL movies, like spiderman 1 2 3, or movies like, batman 1 2 3, I think it is at the point where Marvel has simply has created another "alternate universe". We have marvel's 616 universe, we have their ultimates universe, we have their zombie's universe, and now, we have a film on screen universe that has canonality (if that's a word)

essentially, my mind is blown, and I am amazed with what they have done. Sorry to bring this up, but it finally hit me. a lot of people really don't understand what marvel is doing there and how big it is and how unprecidented it is..what they are doing right now is flat out amazing, no film studios have done anything like this
Yes! I'm as excited to see how this movie fits in the MCU as I am for the movie itself!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #158
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Found more promo art...once again teasing that dream Hall of Armor. There's also some mystery figures in the back

Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #159
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I'm not at all surprised that Tony would get paranoid since Avengers and build a **** ton of armors

Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #160
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

So, with the Deep Space suit bobble head and this promotional artwork, I think it's safe to say that we are definitely getting dozens of unique, individual armors in this film...and not a bunch of Mark XLII clones like some suspected.

ゴジラ
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #161
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
I think that as well. The closing scenes of the film will likely reveal the all-new Hall of Armor. Something like this in the Avengers Stark Tower would be incredible. I could also see it featuring heavily in The Avengers sequel, which, once again, makes me think GOTG will make an appearance.

Are there that many Iron Man toys out already? These all look in the same scale as well. Are they Legends or Marvel Universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
The Iron Man 3 movie is coming in just three months! Hot Toys is excited to present the 1/6th scale Tony Stark Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from this highly anticipated Iron Man 3 movie.

The movie-accurate Tony Stark collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as the genius billionaire Tony Stark in his workshop in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, newly sculpted advanced body with light-up chest light and highly detailed accessories.

These are great as always. I don't think the likeness on this model is quite there though. I think there have been other Hot Toys Tony Starks that have looked more spot on.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #162
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm wondering if those silhouettes of the other armours are some of Tony's new armours or what the bad guys might look like.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #163
Mr. Dent
Banned User

So from what we know I guess we can roughly map out the film:

-Starts out with Tony still paranoid after what happened in The Avengers which leads to him wanting to always be close to his suits
-As a result of this, he undergoes the Extremis surgery at AIM which allows him to mentally control his armor from a distance
-Meanwhile, The Mandarin is planning to shock the world after the actions of the Avengers and Aldrich gives Maya's formula to him.
-Mandarin launches a terrorist attack that kills Happy Hogan and puts the public in fear.
-Rhodes decides to become Iron Patriot to give the country hope and boost morale (like Tony in the Ultimate universe)
-I'm a little stumped on when th AF1 scene takes place since it's after Rhodes becomes IP but let's say Tony's house is blown up before it and he makes his return during it.
-While stranded with only his brain to help him, Tony figures something out that leads to him controlling the 40 armors.
-Tony comes back and fights an army of the Mandarin's Extremis powered goons with his suits and IP

Well that's a rough outline. It seems like they're packing this movie though. We're getting new, confusing news everyday with the deep space armor, Radioactove Man, and Janet.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #164
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
So from what we know I guess we can roughly map out the film:

-Starts out with Tony still paranoid after what happened in The Avengers which leads to him wanting to always be close to his suits
-As a result of this, he undergoes the Extremis surgery at AIM which allows him to mentally control his armor from a distance
-Meanwhile, The Mandarin is planning to shock the world after the actions of the Avengers and Aldrich gives Maya's formula to him.
-Mandarin launches a terrorist attack that kills Happy Hogan and puts the public in fear.
-Rhodes decides to become Iron Patriot to give the country hope and boost morale (like Tony in the Ultimate universe)
-I'm a little stumped on when th AF1 scene takes place since it's after Rhodes becomes IP but let's say Tony's house is blown up before it and he makes his return during it.
-While stranded with only his brain to help him, Tony figures something out that leads to him controlling the 40 armors.
-Tony comes back and fights an army of the Mandarin's Extremis powered goons with his suits and IP

Well that's a rough outline. It seems like they're packing this movie though. We're getting new, confusing news everyday with the deep space armor, Radioactove Man, and Janet.
I'm pretty sure Janet and Radioactive Man are red herrings meant to intentionally mislead you from the truth which shall set you free. The Deep Space armor might not actually get used in the film, other than just being one of the 47 or whatever armors in Tony's arsenal.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with everything in your outline. I'm not exactly sure that Rhodey volunteers to be IP, though; rather, I think it's a publicity/propaganda stunt developed by the US military (just as they did for Captain America during WWII), and Rhodey becomes the guinea pig by default.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #165
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Marvel doesn't usually use toy lines to mislead people especially when they're as obscure as the ones that point to Radioactive Man. Feige already said IM3 would lay ground work for A2 that some people won't notice until afterwards, I believe that includes the introduction of certain characters. And I don't think they'd use important characters that don't exist in their universe yet as red herrings not to mention the Janet thing didn't even come out of Marvel. And given how much attention the DS armor is getting in toy lines I just feel like it will be one of the more featured armors and will have some significant use in the film. It would make sense for Tony to build one anyway after what happened in Avengers.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #166
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm pretty sure Janet and Radioactive Man are red herrings meant to intentionally mislead you from the truth which shall set you free. The Deep Space armor might not actually get used in the film, other than just being one of the 47 or whatever armors in Tony's arsenal.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with everything in your outline. I'm not exactly sure that Rhodey volunteers to be IP, though; rather, I think it's a publicity/propaganda stunt developed by the US military (just as they did for Captain America during WWII), and Rhodey becomes the guinea pig by default.
I don't know how you're sure about Radioactive Man. I'd say the chances of him appearing in IM3 are 50/50 like you mentioned in another post, I think.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #167
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Marvel doesn't usually use toy lines to mislead people especially when they're as obscure as the ones that point to Radioactive Man. Feige already said IM3 would lay ground work for A2 that some people won't notice until afterwards, I believe that includes the introduction of certain characters. And I don't think they'd use important characters that don't exist in their universe yet as red herrings not to mention the Janet thing didn't even come out of Marvel. And given how much attention the DS armor is getting in toy lines I just feel like it will be one of the more featured armors and will have some significant use in the film. It would make sense for Tony to build one anyway after what happened in Avengers.
I'm real curious about this comment. So we won't realize what certain things mean in IM3 until after we've seen Avengers 2? In regards to setups and little things in Iron Man.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #168
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

When they say stuff like that, I assume they mean thematically. I don't think we'll be getting any story ground work for A2 in IM3, just a set up for the tone. Just like IM1's tone was largely similar to the Avengers.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #169
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I don't think Iron Man's tone was similar to The Avengers at all.....

Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #170
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Marvel doesn't usually use toy lines to mislead people especially when they're as obscure as the ones that point to Radioactive Man.
you are ABSOLUTELY incorrect about that.... and for a HUGE action figure collector like myself for a very long time, you sir are completely incorrect.

-IM2 movie figure waves not only included armors that will never be on screen... but also included Crimson Dynamo, and Titanium Man (Titanium Man also had a figure during the IM1 toyline)

-The Avengers Movie line also included Skrulls, and Ultimate versions of Thor and Hawkeye

-The Amazing Spider-Man line included the New Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales)

-The Spider-Man 3 movie line also included Green Goblin and Doc Ock

-The Fantastic Four movie toy lines included Doom Bots and Annihilus

-The Incredible Hulk movie line also included Bi-Beast and IronClad

and to top it all off... the IRON MAN 3 6inch line so far is including all comic armors (ditko ironman, Norman Osborn (iron Patriot), Iron Monger, and Bleeding Edge Armor Iron Man)

.... so yeah, rethink that statement.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #171
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Are there that many Iron Man toys out already? These all look in the same scale as well. Are they Legends or Marvel Universe?

These are great as always. I don't think the likeness on this model is quite there though. I think there have been other Hot Toys Tony Starks that have looked more spot on.
Marvel Universe

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #172
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm real curious about this comment. So we won't realize what certain things mean in IM3 until after we've seen Avengers 2? In regards to setups and little things in Iron Man.
talk to LokiD some of the stuff he was saying is starting to make sense lol

Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #173
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
talk to LokiD some of the stuff he was saying is starting to make sense lol
Ok. I'll do a search for some of his old posts.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #174
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol i was sorta kidding, yyou MAY not wanna do that, they are kinda long

Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #175
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
lol i was sorta kidding, yyou MAY not wanna do that, they are kinda long
Just realized that hahaha. I read a few of his short posts though. The little he said has peaked my interest in Stark's surgery.

Closed Thread