Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #901
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
“Just had my briefing from @UNICEF_uk: suncream & mosquito net required! Any more guesses where I’m going? www.unicef.org.uk #Tom_UnicefUK”
I am going to have to say that Tom is going to be going to an African nation, which would be quite fitting a location for him to journey to since he played a character in the past who took a sabbatical in that country.

“It’s insane…”
- That comment right there could probably sum up Tom's deeply honest feeling about the maelstrom of attention he's been getting lately. He seems like a very casual, laid back type of a person to me who thinks this level of idolization is just silly. He seems like he's enjoying it though while he has it but still has his head stuck firmly in reality.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-19-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #902
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I am going to have to say that Tom is going to be going to an African nation, which would be quite fitting a location for him to journey to since he played a character in the past who took a sabbatical in that country.

“It’s insane…” - That comment right there could probably sum up Tom's deeply honest feeling about the maelstrom of attention he's been getting lately. He seems like a very casual, laid back type of a person to me who thinks this level of idolization is just silly. He seems like he's enjoying it though while he has it but still has his head stuck firmly in reality.
Yeah, I hope he's not just going away to get away from the insanity, (because it's likely to get worse come November). Hope not, but at the same time he seems to enjoy his interactions with fans generally.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #903
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Well, even with a guy like Tom Hiddleston fame, fortune and attention won't last forever. The Entertainment business is a very fickle establishment with stars being replaced all the time. When you're a hot property and making lots of money people will always be flattering you, a lot are quite insincere about it and are just bandwagon jumpers because that's how they appease their own egos. I would certainly hope that Tom is smart enough to see that for what it is and resists the urge to be like those pretenders because while some of them might stick around when the next best thing comes around, the majority of them will move on. Some of you might have heard of a group called Huey Lewis and the News. I recall watching one of those Behind the Music documentaries about the band and Huey Lewis was talking about when at the height of their fame they should just enjoy it while they could and not give in to the notion that they were always going to be in the limelight and making the kind of money they were making. The way Hollywood and the entertainment business works it's very easy to inflate your own importance and believe that you are above everyone else. I certainly hope that Tom has adopted that sort of a more realistic perception and not gotten his head too ensnared in the stars. You know, while Tom is an exceptional actor I could actually see a future in directing for Tom which I believe would yield more satisfying results seeing subtle polished acting nuances in his actors and actresses because of his guidance.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #904
elizah72
Side-Kick

I get the impression from interviews that he is fairly grounded, so yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the fan stuff and insincere flattery (and the sincere flattery as well), he probably finds overwhelming and too much when it comes down to it. In the interview with Total Film, for Sexiest actor he was like "Are you sure?" LOL, he's had that response to things before. So, could be he's going on a bit of a sabbatical from all of that craziness, and could also being he's trying to give something back since he's been so blessed as of late, or very likely a combination of the two. Whatever reasons, I hope he has a safe and has a pleasant journey.

and finally I had a Loki Thor 2 dream (first Tom/Loki dream ever, believe it or not ), nothing too exciting, just Loki being carted somewhere (in chains and muzzle) in the back of a wagon by Thor and he escapes. Slippery devil.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-20-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #905
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, even with a guy like Tom Hiddleston fame, fortune and attention won't last forever. The Entertainment business is a very fickle establishment with stars being replaced all the time. When you're a hot property and making lots of money people will always be flattering you, a lot are quite insincere about it and are just bandwagon jumpers because that's how they appease their own egos. I would certainly hope that Tom is smart enough to see that for what it is and resists the urge to be like those pretenders because while some of them might stick around when the next best thing comes around, the majority of them will move on. . . .
I seem to recall his saying in an interview that he is glad that he did not achieve this level of fame when he was younger. That he had that insight suggests he may well be aware of the phenomenon you describe.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #906
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

*Phew* Age does give you a better sense of perception I think when it comes to resisting negatively derived persuasions of people who are only interested in what you can do for them from a selfish standpoint. Just look at all the people that use people like Lindsay Lohan or Miley Cyrus for their fun, and it looks to me like they are none the wiser as they seem to just not even care they're being used as sport. I would love to see what projects Tom would choose as a director though. As long as he doesn't give in to the hype machines around him and start believing their inflated, flattering press he should do fine.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #907
elizah72
Side-Kick

I agree, yes.

I am reading Journey into Mystery, Fear Itself right now. The stuff with Kid Loki (who was brought back by Thor after sacrificing himself to save Asgard, but he brought back as a boy). It's a bit gory but quite good, I am hooked. Definitely recommended so far. This is one same comic series that Tom himself wrote a letter praising that I think was posted in the last one (Everything Burns which I'm getting next month).

There are some really great Loki quotes in it such as "Why do people always presume I'm lying?" (HA! Hope that line crops up in MCU sometime) Kid Loki is lots of fun and very mischievous, naughty, and yet an interesting complex character with a fascinating relationship with his brother Thor. For Hiddles fans, towards the back of the book there is a large photo of Loki/Tom from the Thor 1 poster.

The following is not overly spoilery for JIM, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway, I do mention some speculation about Thor 2 a little bit as well. Not very spoilery though.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

in the first one, there is a neat backstory tale of how Loki tricked Thor into getting his giant goat steeds which is funny. Volstagg tells the tale and is quite good in it. There is a scene with kid Loki and Surtur which is really funny (the look on Surtur's face when he sees him is priceless). I love that this is a kid and yet Loki's reputation precedes him BIG TIME, so everyone is suspicious of everything he does, even the bad guys are extremely leary of this Loki kid. It comes off both sad and at times incredibly amusing. Lots of very nasty and yet amusing characters in this too, for the guys, Hela is HOT.

In the second one, there are some interesting character positions that could work into Thor 2, one is that the Warriors 3 have vowed to Thor to protect young Loki, and they talk about their issues about doing that, after all that Loki had done to them, Thor, and Asgard, in his previous life, and most of the inhabitants of Asgard distrust this new Loki, even though he's just a child. Thor believes in him, that's about it. It seems Kid Loki has a certain amount of hero worship going on when it comes to big brother this time around.

Odin isn't happy he's back either but then Odin says, "First, while Loki was not of my blood, he was my son as truly as Thor. I will not abandon any son of mine, especially one who has returned to me from across the abyss of non being." That is interesting in regards to what Odin's position may be on Loki in Thor 2, I think.

adding more on Tom's Unicef trip (tomorrow apparently). http://www.whosay.com/twhiddleston/videos/278152
http://www.whosay.com/twhiddleston/videos/278159
http://www.whosay.com/twhiddleston/videos/278161

Last edited by elizah72; 01-20-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #908
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I just want to know when they will make Loki an adult again in the comics. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll look a bit like the MCU Loki, eh?

Quote:
It's so cute how enthusiastic and happy Tom is in these videos like a kid going to an amusement park for the first time. And God he has me craving some of those Haribo Happy Cola jellies. I love those things!

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-21-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #909
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just want to know when they will make Loki an adult again in the comics. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll look a bit like the MCU Loki, eh?
I would say so yes, and actually that goes along with the original myths, I believe, with him at least starting out as a handsome charming mischievous fellow, not a nasty slimey cackling villain. It's certainly not movie tie in or canon, but I do think the fact that it's been done recently and was apparently quite popular, that there may very well be aspects of it that are worked into the films, (characterizations mainly).

Speaking of which I now hope we see Volstagg's brood in MCU, I didn't care for it so much in Simonson but his scenes with them were fun in this.

And again, this writer has lots of great Loki lines, nasty and yet fun villains, and numerous really clever plot twists in here. It's too bad they didn't contact him about working on Thor 2 at all (that we know of).

"I'm a trickster... That's classic trickster."

"But I'm Loki. If I'm going to save anyone it's going to have to be in a Loki way. And if it goes wrong look on the bright side, everyone has the satisfaction of a good hard, I told you that boy was bad news."

"Now would be the time for all of you to say, Loki --you were right, we should have trusted you all along."

Quote:
It's so cute how enthusiastic and happy Tom is in these videos like a kid going to an amusement park for the first time. And God he has me craving some of those Haribo Happy Cola jellies. I love those things!
He's definitely excited, hope he has a good time (and doesn't run into any mosquitos or malaria! )

Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #910
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Speaking of which I now hope we see Volstagg's brood in MCU, I didn't care for it so much in Simonson but his scenes with them were fun in this.
I don't know why, but I picture any introduction f Volstagg's brood being like the introduction of the Dwarves in The Hobbit.

Quote:
He's definitely excited, hope he has a good time (and doesn't run into any mosquitos or malaria! )
Oh I am very very interested in the diary Tom is keeping for his trip for UNICEF. I don't know if Tom has ever been where he's going to but I have a feeling that if not it's going to be an eye opening experience for him. There are so many things we in the Western world take for granted and it might be a very educational experience for him to experience a culture that doesn't have all the things we do.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #911
PokeJ
Side-Kick

Can't believe Tom Hiddleston snatched up Jessica Chastain. That's quite the catch!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #912
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
Can't believe Tom Hiddleston snatched up Jessica Chastain. That's quite the catch!
He didn't that's a false rumor.

Quote:
HOLLYWOOD -- Twenty four hours after winning her first best actress Golden Globe for Zero Dark Thirty, Jessica Chastain finishes a Q&A at the Arclight theater, plops down onto a couch on the second floor, and bursts out laughing when she finds out that, according to Twitter, she is now dating The Avengers' Tom Hiddleston.
"Why would they say that?" she asks, wondrously. "It's not true at all. It's funny, two weeks ago I was dating – I'm not dating," she clarifies. "But there was a rumor onPage 6that I was dating (co-star) Edgar Ramirez. "I love him, but he's just my friend."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-mama/1840375/

She has also said in previous interviews that she would not date actors.

More importantly, Tom is now in Guinea West Africa for Unicef UK!

http://www.whosay.com/twhiddleston/photos/278821

http://www.unicef.org.uk/UNICEFs-Wor...om-Hiddleston/

Last edited by elizah72; 01-22-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #913
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
He didn't that's a false rumor.
Yes, we all know that Tom Hiddleston is deeply madly in love with irascible me. I'm kidding!!!

Quote:
More importantly, Tom is now in Guinea West Africa for Unicef UK!
I knew it would be Africa!! It would seem life really has imitated art.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-22-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #914
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, we all know that Tom Hiddleston is deeply madly in love with irascible me. I'm kidding!!!
Oh, now that would be BIG news! I can see the headline now: Tom Hiddleston dating Godzilla! better be careful Perez Hilton doesn't pick that up! Next thing you know it'll be ALL OVER the internet, and people will keep forwarding it on and on and on, and then a bunch of crazed fangirls will be after your gigantic atomic fire breathing head!

Even Godzilla cannot hope to withstand the wrath of jealous Loki fangirls.

Quote:
I knew it would be Africa!! It would seem life really has imitated art.
Yes, you were right! Good call!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #915
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Oh, now that would be BIG news! I can see the headline now: Tom Hiddleston dating Godzilla! better be careful Perez Hilton doesn't pick that up! Next thing you know it'll be ALL OVER the internet, and people will keep forwarding it on and on and on, and the next thing you know a bunch of crazed fangirls will be after your gigantic atomic fire breathing head!

Even Godzilla cannot hope to withstand the wrath of jealous Loki fangirls.
Oh fangirls are nothing compared to little Japanese boys in disturbingly short shorts...and Minya. *shudders*

Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #916
elizah72
Side-Kick

Tom's Unicef blog day 1
http://blogs.unicef.org.uk/authentic...ea-diary-.aspx

please excuse the fangirl moment, while I say, gosh, the man's a beautiful writer.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #917
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Oh lol, I think that might have something to do with his University studies in classical literature. There are no better teachers for sentence structure and narratives than the writers of old that have withstood the test of time.

It's quite interesting that Tom mentions this trip as a life expanding experience. This must be quite an adventure for him.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-24-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #918
elizah72
Side-Kick

Day 2 http://blogs.unicef.org.uk/authentic...g-day-two.aspx

Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #919
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I think that Tom needs to make a return trip to Guinea but with a film crew based on his second journal entry. It sounds like something that would make a rather riveting documentary about his work for UNICEF, especially given the horrible condition of some of the children he's seen there.

And I do have to say if anything I think these blogs are starting to show who the real Tom Hiddleston is away from all the celebrity attention and screaming fangirls. I find it interesting in that when Tom goes on holiday it's to help people living in an impoverished nation.

I know we joke around about all the hot and tempting images that Elizah puts up and shots of Tom dressed in suits looking pretty good but I have to say that this image from his blog is what really makes me find Tom very attractive:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-25-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #920
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
I know we joke around about all the hot and tempting images that Elizah puts up and shots of Tom dressed in suits looking pretty good but I have to say that this image from his blog is what really makes me find Tom very attractive:
yeah, that was the image that I absolutely loved

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #921
elizah72
Side-Kick

it's very sad, though, and you can see it on his face, moreso with the other baby picture. He is clearly a very compassionate person, and that little baby may look okay but still has some tough challenges for him to survive to adulthood facing him.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #922
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

It's kind of sad because there are so many needy children in Guinea who can't fend for themselves. When I look at the news here in the States and see all that frivolity on display and then think of what kind of life these innocent, malnourished children have I just shake my head in wonder at how those with a lot more can be so self absorbed and ignorant.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #923
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol elizah, you want to talk about dreams. I can probably write 3 full movies based on MCU related dreams I have had lol

Old 01-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #924
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol elizah, you want to talk about dreams. I can probably write 3 full movies based on MCU related dreams I have had lol
Pray, tell.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #925
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol you aasked, this is just a summary

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
my most detailed on probably wouldn't interest you guys that much, as it was about Avengers 2. But it primarily involved an ai network, ultron, creating the vision, who is weary of thanos, and the avengers think he is full of crap. Long story short, the end up resetting the vision, who now is good, and they shut down the ultron ai. Now, warning of thanos happens, and ultron's ai is back. It needs to be destroyed, and vision knows where it is. He warns them that when he was being built, the ai was building another body. Long story short, the avengers go to the location, where they get attacked by guns and stuff. After, they are all pretty beaten up, and there is a blank screen. Ultron's voice comes over it and delivers this EPIC speech to the avengers, and to the world, and there is a compilation of people all over the world watching this long speech about how humanity is flawed and how he has best interest for the planet, they go inside, and ultron (in his classic body) is in a chair. something happens between ultron and vision, vision basically says you are turning human, big fight, they stop ultron. Movie almost ends, thanos comes out of no where, like...a spaceship comes out of the sky, and thanos jumps down, and kicks all the avengers asses. hulk tackles him, and pummels him into the ground, thanos mocks him, and tells him he wants to fight just him, cause he hasn't tested his hand to hand combat in ages, they fight, thanos starts to get the better of hulk physically, so they all attack him, thanos goes all out, uses all his powers and beats all the avengers, cap comes in with some of Thanos' tech, shoot him, tides turn, they fight, and he is almost defeated. he is outside the room ultron was in, and he looks towards the door, stark tells him not to make a move, thanos smiles, and runs at them, they blast him, he goes flying into another room, and land next to ultron, looks at him, takes something off his own waist, some device, and says "imbiciles of earth", and opens ultrons chest, then the camera shows the avengers, walking him out, thanos has a smirk, creates a huge blast, and he escapes and tells them not to worry, and Ironman says dont bother attacking earth again, cause it doesn't matter, they will stop him, and thanos says "you think my objective is something as pathetic as your planet, I know you are deemed a genius here, but you can't possibly comprehend the intellect I posses." cue after credit scene later, Chthon (the the other is chthon in this dream...btw, this is just a brief desription of this movie based on a few dreams I've had lol) anyway, he asks thanos if he got what he needed (dont feel like xplaining my gotg dreams lol) and thanos smiles and walks away, we see he pulls out the powergem, then puts it on the IG. end. lol this is just a summary