true that

Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #977
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Thats because Syria is a cluster**** that could be bad for the west if they directly get involved.

It was more clear cut in Libya that it is in Syria. The West is giving the Syrian Rebels weapons and communication equipment anyway. We just aren't giving them air support like in Libya.
I agree...I know that there is the major fear, and well founded I'm sure, that the rebels are not in this for freedom for all, or Democracy. I can definitely see why they are shying away from Syria...but they could do a no fly zone at the least....OR ratchet up the rhetoric and tell Iran and Russia to sit down and shut up while this gets worked out.

It's a tough place to be, because everyone knows that if the regime in Syria falls, Iran is screwed....so its a rock and a hard place there. Do we help the rebels as we did the Taliban/Bin Laden in Afghanistan in the 90's to throw out what we thought was the bigger enemy, the Soviets????? It is a hell of a problem.

Which is why I think we should stay out of ALL OF IT, Mali, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Israel, etc..... but damn that oil.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #978
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

They could tell Russia and Iran to sit down and shut up but its not like either of those countries would listen.

I not one of those conspiracy thoeory people but the day someone comes up with a viable alternative energy source there will be as many people queuing to kill them and their discovery as those to congratulate them.

Without the backing of the west because of our need for oil alot of these tin pot dictatorships will crumble within years.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #979
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I swear, I think we are Iran's and Russia's b***h. We are now in Mali helping out the French there....but we won't touch Syria????? that is just bulls***....
It was the American military that trained the rebels whom the French are fighting. Some of them are the same rebels who went off to fight for Kadafi during the Libyan uprising, earning a hatred for all Blacks over there.

Thanks Uncle Sam.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #980
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Damn, I wish she was President today.....oh well. : /

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D260612

Watch the video....very interesting.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #981
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
They could tell Russia and Iran to sit down and shut up but its not like either of those countries would listen.

I not one of those conspiracy thoeory people but the day someone comes up with a viable alternative energy source there will be as many people queuing to kill them and their discovery as those to congratulate them.

Without the backing of the west because of our need for oil alot of these tin pot dictatorships will crumble within years.

Wouldn't work....how will all of americans with our gigantic pickup trucks and SUV's continue to consume the gas we so clearly love?

Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #982
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:

um, no. had a smug look on her face today. did u see any of the smackdown rand paul laid on her? flat out said if he were president she be fired. she is way too pro war and smug. she said on video last year how she hopes some country attacks us. just so we can go to war. she war happy.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #983
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D260612

I don't think she comes off unscathed either. Having a "so what" attitude about the whole thing doesn't look good to the general public. But knowing how the media will cover her testimony, they'll skip over a lot of the stuff she got grilled on and make it look like people are bullying her. They have to protect their golden goose for the 2016 election. Don't really get the love affair with the Clintons.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #984
Paradoxium

I like to congratulate Obama, Congress and every "Democracy" cheerleader on arming the Libyan rebels. Culminating in a Libya not only far worse than before (warlord civil war), now the mass proliferation of weapons towards all sorts of groups who are counter to American interest. Not to mention the Mali & Algerian trolls using United States (provided) weapons, on top of the "liberated" Libyan weapons.

Congratulations.

Reap what you sow.

Last edited by Paradoxium; 01-23-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #985
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
um, no. had a smug look on her face today. did u see any of the smackdown rand paul laid on her? flat out said if he were president she be fired. she is way too pro war and smug. she said on video last year how she hopes some country attacks us. just so we can go to war. she war happy.
Please find that video for me....because I smell BS.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #986
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
I like to congratulate Obama, Congress and every "Democracy" cheerleader on arming the Libyan rebels. Culminating in a Libya not only far worse than before (warlord civil war), now the mass proliferation of weapons towards all sorts of groups who are counter to American interest. Not to mention the Mali & Algerian trolls using United States (provided) weapons, on top of the "liberated" Libyan weapons.

Congratulations.

Reap what you sow.
Well, hell.....we did the same thing with Syria, Afghanistan, etc....why not Libya.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #987
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I don't think she comes off unscathed either. Having a "so what" attitude about the whole thing doesn't look good to the general public. But knowing how the media will cover her testimony, they'll skip over a lot of the stuff she got grilled on and make it look like people are bullying her. They have to protect their golden goose for the 2016 election. Don't really get the love affair with the Clintons.
So what attitude? Really? Where??? because she wants to find the people who did it, make sure it never happens again.

People are so ready for someone's head to roll for what has happened, that they are totally forgetting to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

The politics of this is far outweighing anyone's ability to see to the future. And sorry E....Paul's rant was purely political bull s**t and absolutely nothing else. He isn't riding the high horse, he is sitting under its ass and playing in it to reap political back slaps.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #988
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:

Congratulations.

Reap what you sow.
That is inevitable. In East Asia they are still using weapons from Vietnam. Hell in some places they're still using grease guns left over from World War II.

What would people have preferred? To let Gaddafi massacre his people, and continue his reign? You know, the guy who armed countless terrorist outfits, invaded his neighbors, and turned mercenaries on his own people.

Or to let the war drag on indefinitely, causing even more turmoil?

Try to think before you post.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #989
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Please find that video for me....because I smell BS.

Well, OKAY...I was a bit wrong. She says something to the effect 'they are people who...' but she comes off smug.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #990
souvlaki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Rand Paul was fantasizing about what what he would do as President and you are calling her smug?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #991
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvlaki View Post
Rand Paul was fantasizing about what what he would do as President and you are calling her smug?

From what I saw, the first couple minutes, she had a 'playa please' look on her face. As in 'Please, you DO know who I am, bro, right?'

Although I do agree. She runs in 2016, she most likely gets Democratic Nomination. Rand runs in 2016...well, GOP hates anything that smells libertarian, so while he might make more of a push than his father and maybe carry a state or two, I don't see him winning the GOP Nomination.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #992
Fading
>:(

Rand, IMO, hasn't shown much in the way of being good presidential material. He's making himself almost as available as McCain in all of the mud slinging on a lot of issues anymore. Almost as if he wants to be in the spotlight so bad he inserts himself as often as he can. Most of what he says during these moments come off as backing the party line mantra. The more I see him in the headlines, the more tired I get of hearing his name, instead of the opposite.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #993
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

The recent hostage crisis in Algeria was truly tragic with so many hostages dead. Although Japan and America are heading an inquiry on how it was handled so badly neither country have deep colonial roots there. Like Mali, Algeria was colonised by the French and so many perspectives about Algeria's culture will come from that.

On that note, whatever the result of France's military involvement right now, at least it's better strategy than what happened in DC's Titans comic, where the country ended up getting nuked.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #994
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Palestinians threaten to take Israel to International Criminal Court:
Palestine will be left with no choice if Israel continues settlement expansion in occupied areas, foreign minister says.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...=MasterAccount

Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #995
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Because that's worked so good against George W Bush for illegally invading a country? The more peace talks are delayed, the more the Israelis will consolidate and expand their settlements. The US and Europe should both spearhead peace talks since they are both financing the conflict.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #996
Cosmic
Theosophist

You know, all this time, I've wondered what Rand Paul would do on his first day in the Oval Office, if he was the president. Thanks for sharing, Rand. And never give up on your dreams. Seriously.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #997
Paradoxium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
That is inevitable. In East Asia they are still using weapons from Vietnam. Hell in some places they're still using grease guns left over from World War II.

What would people have preferred? To let Gaddafi massacre his people, and continue his reign? You know, the guy who armed countless terrorist outfits, invaded his neighbors, and turned mercenaries on his own people.

Or to let the war drag on indefinitely, causing even more turmoil?

Try to think before you post.
Yes, because you are going to get a massacre either way. At least he is more stable in a relative sense.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #998
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, because you are going to get a massacre either way. At least he is more stable in a relative sense.
You would rather have Libya run by an anti-American strongman who has had a hand in the deaths of hundreds of Americans than a fledgling liberal democracy which actually doesn't hate the US?

Gaddafi gone is a plus for everyone except the crazies he used to support.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #999
Paradoxium

Instead we a corrupt government that hates the US anyways, who are slaughtering the loyalists, raping the women and murdering anyone black. It's all good.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #1000
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

The United States wasn't the only one supporting the Libya rebels. Europe's Big Three (Britain, France and Germany) were too.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Closed Thread