The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #51
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
i want Wolverine to have a SMALL part, and I mean SMALL.

kill him early. PLEASE...
Do you realize a lot of casual viewers will be disappointed if that happens? That would be a bad decision.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #52
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think it would be a good decision to kill him kind of early in DOFP...the same way he goes out in the comic. It would be a good twist after audiences just saw The Wolverine...and of course he won't really be dead.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #53
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You do realize wolverine Is killed In Middle of second Issue of storyline.So If Days of future
Past follows the going back and forth between past and future like original comic Wolverine wouldn't be killed till second half of film assuming he's not time traveler.

Hugh jackman wasn't announced so early for a cameo.Now could they kill him off In future.Yes.But not as quick as some are suggesting.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #54
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I think it would be a good decision to kill him kind of early in DOFP...the same way he goes out in the comic. It would be a good twist after audiences just saw The Wolverine...and of course he won't really be dead.
No, it wouldn't be a good decision because most casual viewers are going to watch the movie because of Hugh Jackman/Wolverine. Its going to be as bad as killing Cyclops during the first 20 minutes of the movie. Even if DOFP turned out to be a good movie, killing Wolverine would still be very noticeable and disappointing to a lot of casual viewers.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #55
night0205
Side-Kick

I don't know why people are trying to say that Origins: Wolverine isn't part of the series cannon. It's an X-men film that explains Wovlerine's origin. Whether you like it or not, how is it not canon? Because of Emma Frost? Well, I don't remember them even calling that little girl Emma Frost in the Origins movie. And she was the sister of Silverfox? Wouldn't her last name be silverfox if she was her sister? I think they will just say it was a different character to begin with. She doesn't even have all of Emma Frost's powers anyways. There are continuity errors in most of the x-men movies, singling out Wolverine because you don't like it, can be your personal opinion, but can't count for anything as far as the series canon goes.

night0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #56
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
I don't know why people are trying to say that Origins: Wolverine isn't part of the series cannon. It's an X-men film that explains Wovlerine's origin. Whether you like it or not, how is it not canon? Because of Emma Frost? Well, I don't remember them even calling that little girl Emma Frost in the Origins movie. And she was the sister of Silverfox? Wouldn't her last name be silverfox if she was her sister? I think they will just say it was a different character to begin with. She doesn't even have all of Emma Frost's powers anyways. There are continuity errors in most of the x-men movies, singling out Wolverine because you don't like it, can be your personal opinion, but can't count for anything as far as the series canon goes.
The major issues lie with this: We see a walking older Charles Xavier, which would be impossible, given that since FC is supposed to definitely be cannon, Charles was injured as a much younger man.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #57
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

when casual viewers see him with bone claws in the wolverine, whether its a flashback, nightmare or whatever it will still be seen as a call back to origins, maybe not by alot of fans who say its not connected but clearly Fox and co ain't trying hard to make people forget origins

unless they are going to contradict origins in some way it will be seen as call back probably

Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #58
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
The major issues lie with this: We see a walking older Charles Xavier, which would be impossible, given that since FC is supposed to definitely be cannon, Charles was injured as a much younger man.
Ya, we see that in X3 aswell. We also see many contradictions between First Class and X1 and X2... so continuity being poor is not an excuse to completely ignore a movie from a franchise. If that were the case then none of the movies would have gone together... except maybe X-men 1-3... and I'm sure X3 has some contradictions.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #59
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They are doing all they can to distance themselves from Origins.

1:They are still talking about about doing Deadpool according to Mark Millar that will Ignore deadpool In Origins.

Possibly recon out-Ryan Reynolds Is only called Wade In film.So they may pull the Emma recon of that not really being Deadpool.That assums deadpool Is made

2:Teenage Cyclops Is In film.That causes trouble for future first Class sequels to Introduce Cyclops

3:Walking Xavier comes out of plane

Possibly recon out-The Bluray explantation of Xavier using mental projection of himself to escapes from Stryker's prison Including teenage Cyclops can work here.

Wolverine using Bone claws Is from comics.Allthough that was recon done to allow Wolverine to still have claws when Magneto riped out his adamanturm.

And seeling all 5 X-Men films In Bluray package doesn't prove anything.They are selling the first James Bond films In package with rebooted films.Noone on these boards besides me think that Is stupid since reboot means all films didn't happen.So If they can do that Fox can sell all X-Men films together even If they are kinda Ignoring Oriigns.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #60
night0205
Side-Kick

Distancing themselves from something is completely different then cutting a movie from a franchise. Again contradictions are throughout all movies, to say that Origins: Wolverine is not apart of the franchise because of that is ridiculous. First Class made more contradictions then anything else, and people don't mind because it was a better film, but now the sequel is directly connecting the new and old actors so this tells me that ALL the x-men movies are canon and apart of the series.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #61
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Distancing themselves from something is completely different then cutting a movie from a franchise. Again contradictions are throughout all movies, to say that Origins: Wolverine is not apart of the franchise because of that is ridiculous. First Class made more contradictions then anything else, and people don't mind because it was a better film, but now the sequel is directly connecting the new and old actors so this tells me that ALL the x-men movies are canon and apart of the series.
It really only made major contradictions with X3 and Origins. And I think there was a reason for that.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #62
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I wish they never even adopted the bone claw idea cinematically. Something about it is very uninspired to me. The only reason it exists is because comics needed to maintain his signature weapons (and the postures that come with only that and potential sales) after Magneto stripped him off his adamantium. I think it takes some of the pain off his painful past when those who experimented on him simply coated his already lethal claws with adamantium, as opposed to reinforcing him with completely alien objects that are not even remotely a part of his natural physiology, held together by the miracle of his healing factor, therefore turning an already deadly agent into an even deadlier animal, something he tried his best to turn away from, making it all the more tragic.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #63
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
It really only made major contradictions with X3 and Origins. And I think there was a reason for that.
From X-Men: “When I was 17, I met a young man named Erik Lehnsherr…”

From X-Men: “Cyclops, Storm, and Jean were some of my first students.”

From X-Men:
Xavier (explaining why he can’t find Magneto with Cerebro): “He’s found some way to shield himself from it.”
Wolverine: “How would he know how to do that?”
Xavier: “Because he helped me build it.”

Hank McCoy is first seen, sans blue fur, in X2: X-Men United.

Remember, that Bryan Singer was involved in all of these films. He allowed contradictions for the sake of story.

In no way am I saying that Origins: Wolverine is on par with Singer's films, but the reality is, this is how some franchises are. You have to accept the bad with the good. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Terminator, Matrix, etc... most multi-film franchises have some horrible movies involved in them, but they are still apart of the franchise.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #64
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have been saying many Tv shows and franchises take liberties with what Is said In dialogue about past.X-men Is hardly the first.Bryan Singer allowed liberties to be taken with first Class.He said that directly as first Class was coming oout.It was prequel with
liberties taken.Star Trek In first season gave several referenses In first season to enterprise being ship of group not the federation.Unmtill Star Trek Trek II they gave Indiaction Star Trek Star Trek was set anywhere from 22 to 29th century.Even In Star Trek II after they clearly has a In 23rd century at beging Khan asyas he was prince 200 years ago.That would be In 22rd century.

Beast was on Tv for 30 seconds In X2.That was an easter egg.The Last Stand already Ignored that so singer and Matthew Vaughn was free to also Ignore that.Singer likes beast and had wanted to use him but buget limit forced him not to In X-Men.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #65
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Possibly recon out-Ryan Reynolds Is only called Wade In film.So they may pull the Emma recon of that not really being Deadpool.That assums deadpool Is made
He is referred to as Deadpool in the film by Stryker.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I wish they never even adopted the bone claw idea cinematically. Something about it is very uninspired to me.
It doesn't look good in film.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #67
night0205
Side-Kick

I think the bone claws make sense, whether they look good or not. I mean, I guess it's a fantasy series, so the idea of adding "blades" into someone's body could be imagined. Then again, they added two katanas into Deadpool's arms so... that doesn't make sense, but whatever. The bone claws don't bother me.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #68
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The bone claws just doesn't look realistic, it looks like a prop and it looks cheap. Well almost everything from Origins looked cheap. The movie just didn't look like it had a budget of $150 million.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #69
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The bone claws just doesn't look realistic, it looks like a prop and it looks cheap. Well almost everything from Origins looked cheap. The movie just didn't look like it had a budget of $150 million.
Ya, people also got a great look at the unfinished CGI when it was released early. It sounds like the post-production crew didn't have enough time to finish everything and just threw it together.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #70
bhayes
Side-Kick

Quote:
i have an idea.

remember in first class they introduce somebody named stryker? i think that in DOFP they could reintroduce a young william stryker played by a different actor and a young jason stryker.

lets say that in xmen DOFP - wolverine, storm and colossus are on a sentinel mission. wolverine dies like he does in the comic in the future.

then they decide to send ellen page back to the past. and she encounters "bone claws" wolverine at some point. this is the same wolverine with the foul mouth from the first class cameo. this is a great way to connect DOFP to The Wolverine.

she pleads with the bone claws wolverine to help them stop the preventable event and he initially refuses but decides join up and help.

and during the final battle bone claws wolverine gets his bone claws damaged and crushed up badly.

and after ellen page returns to the future -- william stryker sees logan's potential and make him an offer he can't refuse. so he decides to join stryker's elite special ops force.

and william stryker takes his son jason to the school hoping that James McAvoy verison of xavier can help "cure" his son.

this would be a great way to erase the memory of orgins.

this way orgins can be seen as a different (horrible) intepretation of wolverine's past.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #71
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
From X-Men: “When I was 17, I met a young man named Erik Lehnsherr…”

From X-Men: “Cyclops, Storm, and Jean were some of my first students.”

From X-Men:
Xavier (explaining why he can’t find Magneto with Cerebro): “He’s found some way to shield himself from it.”
Wolverine: “How would he know how to do that?”
Xavier: “Because he helped me build it.”

Hank McCoy is first seen, sans blue fur, in X2: X-Men United.

Remember, that Bryan Singer was involved in all of these films. He allowed contradictions for the sake of story.

In no way am I saying that Origins: Wolverine is on par with Singer's films, but the reality is, this is how some franchises are. You have to accept the bad with the good. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Terminator, Matrix, etc... most multi-film franchises have some horrible movies involved in them, but they are still apart of the franchise.
The most remembered contradictions are going to be visual. Because film is a visual medium and because the general populace doesn't usually remember small lines mentioned in passing. Beast was shown on TV, and was something few people would notice, and Magneto very well could have helped Charles build Cerebro if Charles ended up working with Erik again after the initial rift and built a new cerebro at the manison (personally, I'm still hoping we see them work together for a while. That was one thing I wished we had gotten more of).

Though I understand what you're getting at. And when it comes down to it, the general audience isn't going to care all that much anyways, especially if the movie is good.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
bhayes
Side-Kick

i have an idea. maybe orgins can be viewed as alternate continuity time-line?

because i have a feeling that in DOFP, wolverine gets killed in the future like in the comic.

but ellen page travels back in time. and a bone claws wolverine exists in the past as we know.

and essentially they re-introduce jason and william stryker. wolverine temporarily joins up with the FC team. in the final battle he gets his bone claws damaged/crushed.

and william stryker recriuts wolverine and tells him about adamantium

jason stryker joins the school. and that erases / revises things.

this way orgins is a bad dream we can forget about.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #73
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
All the X-Men films are in continuity to me
Same here.

Quote:
This. I see them all of them in 1 timeline, there are some continuity errors but hey it started with X2 Beast so I'm used it now.
Agreed. There have been worse continuity errors in much tighter film franchises than the small contradictions in the X-Men films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudette View Post
I don't see a problem incorporating all the movies into continuity. BUT, I really wish they could erase that goodamn adamantium bullet thing out of existence. It was lame and it was stupid. The scenario I've always had in my head, concerning the movie timeline, is that Xavier himself was the one who erased Logan's memory afyer something really, really, REALLY bad happened.
I too hated the adamantium bullet. The alternate memory wipe that's on the DVD is infinitely better than what's in the actual movie, and actually makes the adamantium bullet not as horrible.

Quote:
The upcoming X-Men movies don't even have to reference this movie at all. The events in the movie already happened in the past, they already showed bits of Wolverine's past in X1/X2 so its not really necessary to look back at the "Origins" of Wolverine. We now know how he got the adamantium, how he lost his memories, they just need to move forward.
Exactly. Not all movies in a series have to reference each other.

Quote:
This. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is plenty continuity. There are some minor continuity errors to be certain, but nothing that would negate it from the series.

Quote:
I mean that's one contradiction yes, but that doesn't mean a movie isn't continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

when casual viewers see him with bone claws in the wolverine, whether its a flashback, nightmare or whatever it will still be seen as a call back to origins, maybe not by alot of fans who say its not connected but clearly Fox and co ain't trying hard to make people forget origins

unless they are going to contradict origins in some way it will be seen as call back probably
And they shouldn't try at all to make people forget Origins.

Quote:
Ya, we see that in X3 aswell. We also see many contradictions between First Class and X1 and X2... so continuity being poor is not an excuse to completely ignore a movie from a franchise. If that were the case then none of the movies would have gone together... except maybe X-men 1-3... and I'm sure X3 has some contradictions.
All of the movies have some contradictions with each other, but they all have much stronger connections to each other than contradictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They are doing all they can to distance themselves from Origins.

1:They are still talking about about doing Deadpool according to Mark Millar that will Ignore deadpool In Origins.

2:Teenage Cyclops Is In film.That causes trouble for future first Class sequels to Introduce Cyclops

3:Walking Xavier comes out of plane

Possibly recon out-The Bluray explantation of Xavier using mental projection of himself to escapes from Stryker's prison Including teenage Cyclops can work here.

Wolverine using Bone claws Is from comics.Allthough that was recon done to allow Wolverine to still have claws when Magneto riped out his adamanturm.

And seeling all 5 X-Men films In Bluray package doesn't prove anything.They are selling the first James Bond films In package with rebooted films.Noone on these boards besides me think that Is stupid since reboot means all films didn't happen.So If they can do that Fox can sell all X-Men films together even If they are kinda Ignoring Oriigns.
There was no Bond "reboot". It was a re-casting of the character, which has been happening since the inception of the franchise.

Quote:
Yup, the connections all the movies share with each other are far stronger than any of the contradictions.

Quote:
And it made some very strong connections to X-Men 3 as well...

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #74
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Origins Is still part of film cannon.Now with the time traveling events of Days of future Past may retconning elements of It as well as Last Stand.

If Deadpool Is ever made it presents a problem since they still want Deadpool as part of X-Men film series.And they want to reboot the character and break the fourth wall to mock
the version of Deadpool seen In Origins.

As for bond yes Casino Royale was a reboot.In past whenever a new actor took over It just contunied with a loose contunity and series just continued.With Daniel Craig that was thrown out the window.Granted now with Skyfall they are trying to blurr that line.
Still In past you could see all the various actors In loose contunity as a timeless character.You can't do that anymore.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #75
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Yes you can.

Craig is no more different from Brosnan than Brosnan is from Dalton, or Moore is from Connery.

There was never really a strong continuity among the Bond films.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote