The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #326
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 4,883
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I'm surprised that no one has picked up on what Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje said about talking to Marvel about another project after Thor: TDW. AAA has long been on the record as interested in starring in a Black Panther picture. He first approached Marvel about the possibility back in 2009.


http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/15...nnuoye-agbaje/
well, this might mean that Kurse doesn't die in T:TDW and he's talking to MS about a return of his role in another movie (Thor 3, GotG, Avengers 2). From his wording it doesn't sound at all like another role

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #327
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,854
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

He does say he's still campaigning for BP; and yes, he'd make a great T'Challa.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #328
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

We need a Captain/Ms Marvel movie first

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #329
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,131
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Okay so we know so far:

MCU Phase I:
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers

MCU Phase II:
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Untitled Avengers Sequel

MCU Phase III:
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange

That leaves us with 2 to 3 more films plus Avengers 3.
My guesses: Black Panther and Guardians 2

__________________
A New Hope The Empire Strikes Back
STAR WARS
Revenge of the Sith Return of the Jedi
Carrie/Machete Order: 4 films..Best Narrative Structure Possible
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Aztec is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #330
T"Challa
Side-Kick
 
T"Challa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I have to admit i'm kinda mad BP still cant get any love from Feige and the boys.

T"Challa is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #331
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,854
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Okay so we know so far:

MCU Phase I:
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers

MCU Phase II:
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Untitled Avengers Sequel

MCU Phase III:
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange

That leaves us with 2 to 3 more films plus Avengers 3.
My guesses: Black Panther and Guardians 2
I don't think GOTG will get a sequel that soon. I dunno, depends on whether it becomes a certified blockbuster.

I'd say that safe money is on a TIH sequel (FINALLY) in Phase III. Since the GDT TV show seems to have fallen through (or at least been frozen indefinitely by all these ice storms we've been having recently), then Hulk is definitely going to need some fresh material.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #332
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,597
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I guess we are never going to get to see the Pyms.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #333
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,331
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Phase 3:
2015: Ant-Man
2016: Hulk 2, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Cap 3
2018: Avengers 3

I feel like they're going to kill off Rogers-Cap for a while and go with Bucky-Cap after A3 because of Evans' contract expiring. When Rogers returns he'll be a new actor.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #334
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Evans still has years and years left. He won't leave.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #335
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,331
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

^ He signed a contract for 6 films.

Cap 1
Avengers
Cap 2
Avengers 2
Cap 3
Avengers 3

And as far as I can tell he doesn't plan on staying past what he has signed and I don't blame him. He'd have put in at least 7 years which is more than enough of a commitment.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 AM   #336
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Avengers has made him. I can see him signing on for more.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #337
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 698
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I can't. I expect a majority of the main MCU actors will be recast after Avengers 3.

BatsDC is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #338
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,331
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I don't know about the majority. Hemsworth, Evans, and maybe Johanson are free game but Ruffalo signed a 9 picture deal with the first Avengers I believe, and he'd only be on the 4th come Avengers 3 if that. Barton signed a 9 picture deal as well, and he basically only gets used for Avengers movies. Doesn't even look like he'll be in Cap 2 right now. And I'm certain RDJ will stay on for as long as he's realistically able to. He's basically a partner of the films right now and loves doing them on top of that.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #339
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't know about the majority. Hemsworth, Evans, and maybe Johanson are free game but Ruffalo signed a 9 picture deal with the first Avengers I believe, and he'd only be on the 4th come Avengers 3 if that. Barton signed a 9 picture deal as well, and he basically only gets used for Avengers movies. Doesn't even look like he'll be in Cap 2 right now. And I'm certain RDJ will stay on for as long as he's realistically able to. He's basically a partner of the films right now and loves doing them on top of that.
Ruffalo signed a 6 picture deal, which would have included TA.

I'm pretty sure Renner didn't sign a 9 picture deal either, I think it was more like 5.

__________________
Lightning struck down twice...
Stones thrown rooftop high...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #340
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,336
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
I guess we are never going to get to see the Pyms.
They better be main characters in either Ant-Man or Avengers 3 and not elderly retired heroes from the 1960s as well .

__________________
advanced idea mechanics
chamber-music is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #341
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

There will be blood if that happens...

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #342
Radioactive1980
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 204
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Just because someone signs a 6 film deal it does not automatically mean they will b in 6 films. It is done so Marvel can keep their options open. Ruffalo may only appear in 3 Avengers and one Hulk film and if that happens and he no longer wants the part after A3, he would easily be able to fix that with Marvel.

Heres what I want for phase III- Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Planet Hulk, Thor 3, Cap 3 & A3. I'd also prefer if they held off on the Infinity Gauntlet story till A3 so deals could be worked out with Fox and Sony so FF, the surfer & Web-head could appear and it could be done right. Just please no Jackman Wolvie-he sucks.

And there is no way in hell RDJ, Evans or Hemsworth will stay after 6 films each. I just prey Marvel keep one continuity and never reboot.


Last edited by Radioactive1980; 01-26-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Radioactive1980 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #343
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,455
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

So now we can put that silliness to rest about Avengers 2 not being the end of Phase 2?

pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #344
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,331
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive1980 View Post
Just because someone signs a 6 film deal it does not automatically mean they will b in 6 films. It is done so Marvel can keep their options open. Ruffalo may only appear in 3 Avengers and one Hulk film and if that happens and he no longer wants the part after A3, he would easily be able to fix that with Marvel.

Heres what I want for phase III- Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Planet Hulk, Thor 3, Cap 3 & A3. I'd also prefer if they held off on the Infinity Gauntlet story till A3 so deals could be worked out with Fox and Sony so FF, the surfer & Web-head could appear and it could be done right. Just please no Jackman Wolvie-he sucks.

And there is no way in hell RDJ, Evans or Hemsworth will stay after 6 films each. I just prey Marvel keep one continuity and never reboot.
I think RDJ might, but I don't count on Evans or Hemsworth to. Not that I mind Evans leaving since he's not even one of the best choices for Cap.

And yeah I'm really hoping that Marvel figures out a way to be able to use the characters that Fox owns. An entre section of the MU and half the cosmic side is cut off from the MCU because of them. The only reason the MCU isn't bigger than it is right now is because Fox has FF and mutants. Imagine an Avengers/FF team-up movie with Doom as the villain, a Guardians movie with Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, being able to see the actual beginning of this Heroic Age that Nick Fury was talking about in Iron Man and The Avengers. Not to mention of course Fox may have the rights to the Skrulls, Kree, and Shai'r.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #345
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,455
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

So, started to wonder what this means for phase 3 overall. obviously there could be more than 5 or 6 films, but somethings bound to get cut.

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Thor 3
Cap 3
Avengers 3

Thats already 5. And hardly leaves much room for those that some people want.

Black Panther
Captain/Ms. Marvel
GotG 2
Hulk 2
Iron Man 4

pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #346
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,455
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think RDJ might, but I don't count on Evans or Hemsworth to. Not that I mind Evans leaving since he's not even one of the best choices for Cap.

And yeah I'm really hoping that Marvel figures out a way to be able to use the characters that Fox owns. An entre section of the MU and half the cosmic side is cut off from the MCU because of them. The only reason the MCU isn't bigger than it is right now is because Fox has FF and mutants. Imagine an Avengers/FF team-up movie with Doom as the villain, a Guardians movie with Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, being able to see the actual beginning of this Heroic Age that Nick Fury was talking about in Iron Man and The Avengers. Not to mention of course Fox may have the rights to the Skrulls, Kree, and Shai'r.
I think you're quite wrong about many things here.

Mainly, the MCU is as big as it can be because of budgeting and over-saturation. Why would they want to do more than 2 movies a year and burn people out on the idea of marvel heroes? They do 4 movies a year, less people go see each individually, they run out of unique characters and franchises much sooner and less money is made overall.

If Marvel/Disney had access to F4 and X-Men it wouldnt make the MCU bigger, it would detract from the roster they have currently. Less focus would be paid to Captain America and Thor. We might never see Ant-Man or the GotG. And forget about Dr. Strange and Black Panther.

Fox can have X-Men for all i care. That franchise is so far gone by now and it would hardly fit in with the tone of the MCU. If they want to make another honest attempt at a F4 movie, I say let them. I'd just prefer them not mix it in with the FUBAR X-Verse. Let Marvel focus on the things they've gotten right so far.

It's the same story with Spider-Man. Though I'm all for future F4 and Spidey cameos/easter eggs. But that's a personal opinion.

pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #347
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===
 
kaijunexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,369
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
If Marvel/Disney had access to F4 and X-Men it wouldnt make the MCU bigger, it would detract from the roster they have currently. Less focus would be paid to Captain America and Thor. We might never see Ant-Man or the GotG. And forget about Dr. Strange and Black Panther.
I hear this argument quite a bit (especially from those who support Fox/Sony keeping their rights).

Where is the evidence that suggests Marvel Studios would continue producing only 2 films a year if Fox/Sony lost their rights? Doesn't it make sound sense that they would pick up the slack left by the other studios and begin producing 3 or 4 films per year? And doesn't this lead to the logical conclusion that they would then be able to produce films featuring X-Men, FF, Spider-man, as well as other new Marvel film properties as well?

The very fact that Marvel is throwing curve balls like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange at us in the coming years instead of just doing Iron Man, Cap, and Thor sequels year and year should be evidence enough against your argument....

__________________
Phase 1 >>> IM - TIH - IM2 - Thor - CA: TFA - The Avengers
Phase 2 >>> IM3 - Thor: TDW - CA: TWS - GotG - Avengers: Age of Ultron - Agents of SHIELD
Phase 3 >>> Ant-Man - Daredevil - Jessica Jones - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - The Defenders

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #348
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,331
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
So, started to wonder what this means for phase 3 overall. obviously there could be more than 5 or 6 films, but somethings bound to get cut.

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Thor 3
Cap 3
Avengers 3

Thats already 5. And hardly leaves much room for those that some people want.

Black Panther
Captain/Ms. Marvel
GotG 2
Hulk 2
Iron Man 4
Hulk 2 or GotG have the best chance imo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think you're quite wrong about many things here.

Mainly, the MCU is as big as it can be because of budgeting and over-saturation. Why would they want to do more than 2 movies a year and burn people out on the idea of marvel heroes? They do 4 movies a year, less people go see each individually, they run out of unique characters and franchises much sooner and less money is made overall.

If Marvel/Disney had access to F4 and X-Men it wouldnt make the MCU bigger, it would detract from the roster they have currently. Less focus would be paid to Captain America and Thor. We might never see Ant-Man or the GotG. And forget about Dr. Strange and Black Panther.

Fox can have X-Men for all i care. That franchise is so far gone by now and it would hardly fit in with the tone of the MCU. If they want to make another honest attempt at a F4 movie, I say let them. I'd just prefer them not mix it in with the FUBAR X-Verse. Let Marvel focus on the things they've gotten right so far.

It's the same story with Spider-Man. Though I'm all for future F4 and Spidey cameos/easter eggs. But that's a personal opinion.
Whether or not the characters get movies it would still expand what the MCU could do if they had the properities. First of all, I think even if they did have FF they would still have been able to do Cap and Thor movies. But even if they couldn't, it wouldn't hurt to have the rights to characters that Fox owns. It's not just about how many movies they can put out, it's about what they can use in those movies. Because of Fox we basically are missing the beginning of the MCU's Heroic Age, the cosmic side of the MCU is severely gimped in comparison to the comics, we're missing Latveria and Doom which are both important to the Avengers lore, and certain mutants/mutant elements ARE important to the overall MCU like the Phoenix Force, Scarlet Witch, the Shai'r, etc. I agree that in principle it's not a bad thing to have X-Men and Spider-Man movies be separate from what goes on in the MCU in terms of Avengers stuff especially so we can get more Marvel movie per-year, but a lot of the characters and races that Fox holds are important to the MU.

That said, I'm not saying it's detrimental to the MCU, it just sucks we can't have all these nice things.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #349
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,131
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think GOTG will get a sequel that soon. I dunno, depends on whether it becomes a certified blockbuster.

I'd say that safe money is on a TIH sequel (FINALLY) in Phase III. Since the GDT TV show seems to have fallen through (or at least been frozen indefinitely by all these ice storms we've been having recently), then Hulk is definitely going to need some fresh material.
Actually that makes some sense, particularly for a Defenders type story angle.

Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk 2
Avengers 3

That could totally work.

__________________
A New Hope The Empire Strikes Back
STAR WARS
Revenge of the Sith Return of the Jedi
Carrie/Machete Order: 4 films..Best Narrative Structure Possible
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Aztec is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #350
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,854
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I hear this argument quite a bit (especially from those who support Fox/Sony keeping their rights).

Where is the evidence that suggests Marvel Studios would continue producing only 2 films a year if Fox/Sony lost their rights? Doesn't it make sound sense that they would pick up the slack left by the other studios and begin producing 3 or 4 films per year? And doesn't this lead to the logical conclusion that they would then be able to produce films featuring X-Men, FF, Spider-man, as well as other new Marvel film properties as well?

The very fact that Marvel is throwing curve balls like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange at us in the coming years instead of just doing Iron Man, Cap, and Thor sequels year and year should be evidence enough against your argument....
That's just wishful thinking. The reason Marvel limits themselves to two films per year has nothing to do with how many properties are available to them; hell, they've got so many potential franchises already under their banner that, right now, they could easily be churning out a half dozen or more films each year. They're not suddenly going to start ramping up production just because they acquire (back) even *more* properties.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Actually that makes some sense, particularly for a Defenders type story angle.


Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk 2
Avengers 3


That could totally work.
Ant-Man 2015
Dr. Strange 2016
Black Panther 2016
The Incredible Hulk 2 2017
Captain/Ms. Marvel 2017
Avengers 3 2018

Works perfect.
Expand the roster for a truly huge and epic Avengers 3, featuring:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Falcon
War Machine
Giant-Man (Hank Pym)
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Wasp
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.