RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #952
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

You think this is bad, you should see the confusion over on the X-Men boards...

Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #953
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
You think this is bad, you should see the confusion over on the X-Men boards...
I can imagine.

Difference is we know that Marvel has a plan, even if we don't know it. Fox has been making it up as they go along. Seems like they are trying now but refuse to let Hugh Jackman go and just reboot it all.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #954
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I can imagine.

Difference is we know that Marvel has a plan, even if we don't know it. Fox has been making it up as they go along. Seems like they are trying now but refuse to let Hugh Jackman go and just reboot it all.
Days of Future Past might be the saving grace of Fox's Marvel.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #955
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Days of Future Past might be the saving grace of Fox's Marvel.
Its possible. X-Men used to (and still kinda are) my favorites. I have just kind of checked out on Fox though. Only so many times they can screw it up before I give up on them.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #956
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

I understand. I wasn't the most excited about First Class but I really liked Prof X's and Magneto's portrayal. Wasn't a big fan of the continuity issues.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #957
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_McClark View Post
I understand. I wasn't the most excited about First Class but I really liked Prof X's and Magneto's portrayal. Wasn't a big fan of the continuity issues.
I agree with that. Actually if it weren't an X Men movie and called First Class I would have really liked it. It was well made and I really liked the Charles/Eric stuff. Despite the travesty of Origins, the Wolverine/Sabertooth stuff was good imo. The roster of FC killed it for me.
Thats for another thread though. I have grieved and moved on lol.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #958
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
i hope everything will be more clear after IM 3
After this years mavel movies and news in general the ground work will have been laid and we should have a good idea where they are going with phase II. Something tells me IM III won't give to much away. Between T:TDW and the other casting, trailers, story updates, etc we should know a bit though.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #959
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I agree with that. Actually if it weren't an X Men movie and called First Class I would have really liked it. It was well made and I really liked the Charles/Eric stuff. Despite the travesty of Origins, the Wolverine/Sabertooth stuff was good imo. The roster of FC killed it for me.
Thats for another thread though. I have grieved and moved on lol.
LOL. Yeah, I liked the relationship between Wolverine and Sabertooth, too. It was a highlight for me.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #960
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yeah.. i did forget that part of the MCU box set is showing a look at "phase II" which IS including Ant-Man
Looks like I was right after all, guys. Straight from Kevin Feige's mouth, Ant-Man will be part of Marvel's Phase 3, not Phase 2. The Avengers 2 will be Marvel's last Phase 2 film, just like The Avengers was their last Phase 1 film.

Quote:
"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV News during our recent interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright which is the only reason we're making the movie."

Source: MTV.com

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 01-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #961
Doc Ock
1951-2014

It's logical to me for Ant-Man to begin Phase 3 and have Avengers ending phase 2.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #962
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Looks like I was right after all, guys. Straight from Kevin Feige's mouth, Ant-Man will be part of Marvel's Phase 3, not Phase 2. The Avengers 2 will be Marvel's last Phase 2 film, just like The Avengers was their last Phase 1 film.

Source: MTV.com
Well, that sucks.
Means we won't see Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision or Jocasta until at least 2015-2016, well after Avengers 2. And it looks like Avengers 2 won't expand the roster much at all, except for maybe Falcon and possibly War Machine ("Avengers Phase II Expansion: Affirmative Action")

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #963
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I still think Ant-Man will have an epilogue feel to it rather than a new start. He's no iron man.

Couple that with the fact its the same year as avenger 2.... I just think we still may see hank and Jan in avengers and then get there story in Ant-Man a couple months later

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 01-25-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #964
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, that sucks.
Means we won't see Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision or Jocasta until at least 2015-2016, well after Avengers 2. And it looks like Avengers 2 won't expand the roster much at all, except for maybe Falcon and possibly War Machine ("Avengers Phase II Expansion: Affirmative Action")
Maybe we'll see Hank in TA2 if Wright can get someone for the part. At the very least, I expect a mention of him and/or Janet. Just imagine how amazing phase 3 will be with Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange,though. Can't wait to hear what other movies they have planned.. Hopefully there's an Iron Fist and/or a Heroes for Hire movie there too.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #965
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, that sucks.
It goes along with what Whedon said about "not going bigger, but deeper". I like that they're going to zero in on the assembled team more before expanding the roster. I could definitely see them doing a World War Hulk kind of thing where Thanos or someone else exceeds in manipulating Banner this time which results in the Avengers having to shoot him into space or something. That would be a knife digging in and Empire Striking Back kind of twist for the second film and set up a Hulk sequel for phase 3.

Quote:
Maybe we'll see Hank in TA2 if Wright can get someone for the part. At the very least, I expect a mention of him and/or Janet. Just imagine how amazing phase 3 will be with Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange,though. Can't wait to hear what other movies they have planned.. Hopefully there's an Iron Fist and/or a Heroes for Hire movie there too.
Black Panther is more of a long shot for phase 3 than Strange was, especially with them already having two new characters getting movies in the phase. Hopefully it happens though.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #966
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I think after ant-man and Dr. Strange are released... The next new solo films stand a great chance of being....

-black panther
-heroes for hire (im pretty confident they won't do cage/iron fist solos first)
-ms. Marvel
-namor
-inhumans (who may actually just show up in a gotg sequel)

They've all been talked about for a long while and all are probably the next logical choices be it phase 3, 4, or 5

Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #967
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It goes along with what Whedon said about "not going bigger, but deeper". I like that they're going to zero in on the assembled team more before expanding the roster. I could definitely see them doing a World War Hulk kind of thing where Thanos or someone else exceeds in manipulating Banner this time which results in the Avengers having to shoot him into space or something. That would be a knife digging in and Empire Striking Back kind of twist for the second film and set up a Hulk sequel for phase 3.

Black Panther is more of a long shot for phase 3 than Strange was, especially with them already having two new characters getting movies in the phase. Hopefully it happens though.
Black Panther will be happening in Phase 3. He's a must at that point. Marvel knows that, and they already have plans for him. According to Feige, Phase 3 will be less about the already established heroes in the Avengers and more about new heroes. I think you're going to be surprised.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #968
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

2016 needs two movies. That has a strong chance of being Dr. Strange and Black Panther. Then again, Marvel normally releases one (relatively)grounded movie and one epic one a year. This year it's IM3(g) and Thor 2(e), next year it's Cap2(g) and GOTG(e). Panther's world might be too epic, so Heroes for Hire(g) might release with Dr. Strange(e).

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 01-26-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #969
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

We need a female solo movie. It's becoming discriminating.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #970
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Black Panther will be happening in Phase 3. He's a must at that point. Marvel knows that, and they already have plans for him. According to Feige, Phase 3 will be less about the already established heroes in the Avengers and more about new heroes. I think you're going to be surprised.
yes, but they will surely also have possible sequels Thor 3, Cap 3, Gotg 2, Hulk 2, Iron Man 4, could all still be included in Phase 3....

you can't have EVERYTHING be new

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #971
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I think after ant-man and Dr. Strange are released... The next new solo films stand a great chance of being....

-black panther
-heroes for hire (im pretty confident they won't do cage/iron fist solos first)
-ms. Marvel
-namor
-inhumans (who may actually just show up in a gotg sequel)

They've all been talked about for a long while and all are probably the next logical choices be it phase 3, 4, or 5
Does Marvel have Namor and the Inhumans? I remember reading Fox may have those. Although I do recall Feige talking about the Inhumans at least.

Quote:
Well I hope you're right, although I don't think he's really necessary so much as it would be nice.

Quote:
2016 needs two movies. That has a strong chance of being Dr. Strange and Black Panther. Then again, Marvel normally releases one (relatively)grounded movie and one epic one a year. This year it's IM3(g) and Thor 2(e), next year it's Cap2(g) and GOTG(e). Panther's world might be too epic, so Heroes for Hire(g) might release with Dr. Strange(e).
I figured Hulk 2 for the second 2016 film along with Strange.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #972
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
We need a female solo movie. It's becoming discriminating.
well without Marvel having Fan 4 and x-men most there leading ladies are non-existent unfortunately.

They've got...

- Ms Marvel (who stands the greatest chance),
-She-Hulk,
-Elektra (who probably wont get another film any time soon)

- Wasp (who wont ever get a solo),
-Sif (see wasp),
-Valkyrie (see Sif),
-Tigra (see Val)... (see a pattern)

unfortunately most of marvel's epic females are X-men, and Sue Storm.

Black Widow may some day get a solo... who is probably tied with Ms Marvel on that.

also... they've expressed interest in the Inhumans, in which... Medusa has a massive role and would need to be the lead Actress... her and Black Bolt (who doesn't talk) are the leaders after all

[=]
Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #973
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Does Marvel have Namor and the Inhumans? I remember reading Fox may have those. Although I do recall Feige talking about the Inhumans at least.

Well I hope you're right, although I don't think he's really necessary so much as it would be nice.

I figured Hulk 2 for the second 2016 film along with Strange.
they have both Namor and The Inhumans... Feige has actually talked about both (though it's been a while since Namor has come up again, though there was the Atlantis Easter egg in IM2

[=]
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #974
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Ms.Marvel/Captain Marvel would be my favourite.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #975
Orphix
Side-Kick

For those wishing for a Black Panther movie I think it is worth checking out this editorial

It's over on CBM

It's not mine and you may not agree with all of it but I certainly think it is food for thought.

Last edited by Orphix; 01-26-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Closed Thread