The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #951
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

i hope everything will be more clear after IM 3

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #952
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

You think this is bad, you should see the confusion over on the X-Men boards...

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #953
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !
 
WildcatNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 3,077
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
You think this is bad, you should see the confusion over on the X-Men boards...
I can imagine.

Difference is we know that Marvel has a plan, even if we don't know it. Fox has been making it up as they go along. Seems like they are trying now but refuse to let Hugh Jackman go and just reboot it all.

__________________
Bi-Winning since 1978
WildcatNC is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #954
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I can imagine.

Difference is we know that Marvel has a plan, even if we don't know it. Fox has been making it up as they go along. Seems like they are trying now but refuse to let Hugh Jackman go and just reboot it all.
Days of Future Past might be the saving grace of Fox's Marvel.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #955
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !
 
WildcatNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 3,077
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Days of Future Past might be the saving grace of Fox's Marvel.
Its possible. X-Men used to (and still kinda are) my favorites. I have just kind of checked out on Fox though. Only so many times they can screw it up before I give up on them.

__________________
Bi-Winning since 1978
WildcatNC is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #956
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 205
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

I understand. I wasn't the most excited about First Class but I really liked Prof X's and Magneto's portrayal. Wasn't a big fan of the continuity issues.

Tristan_McClark is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #957
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !
 
WildcatNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 3,077
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_McClark View Post
I understand. I wasn't the most excited about First Class but I really liked Prof X's and Magneto's portrayal. Wasn't a big fan of the continuity issues.
I agree with that. Actually if it weren't an X Men movie and called First Class I would have really liked it. It was well made and I really liked the Charles/Eric stuff. Despite the travesty of Origins, the Wolverine/Sabertooth stuff was good imo. The roster of FC killed it for me.
Thats for another thread though. I have grieved and moved on lol.

__________________
Bi-Winning since 1978
WildcatNC is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #958
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !
 
WildcatNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 3,077
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
i hope everything will be more clear after IM 3
After this years mavel movies and news in general the ground work will have been laid and we should have a good idea where they are going with phase II. Something tells me IM III won't give to much away. Between T:TDW and the other casting, trailers, story updates, etc we should know a bit though.

__________________
Bi-Winning since 1978
WildcatNC is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #959
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 205
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I agree with that. Actually if it weren't an X Men movie and called First Class I would have really liked it. It was well made and I really liked the Charles/Eric stuff. Despite the travesty of Origins, the Wolverine/Sabertooth stuff was good imo. The roster of FC killed it for me.
Thats for another thread though. I have grieved and moved on lol.
LOL. Yeah, I liked the relationship between Wolverine and Sabertooth, too. It was a highlight for me.

__________________
My Sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
Connect with me at https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark
Tristan_McClark is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #960
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,845
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yeah.. i did forget that part of the MCU box set is showing a look at "phase II" which IS including Ant-Man
Looks like I was right after all, guys. Straight from Kevin Feige's mouth, Ant-Man will be part of Marvel's Phase 3, not Phase 2. The Avengers 2 will be Marvel's last Phase 2 film, just like The Avengers was their last Phase 1 film.

Quote:
"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV News during our recent interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright which is the only reason we're making the movie."

Source: MTV.com

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 01-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #961
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,393
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

It's logical to me for Ant-Man to begin Phase 3 and have Avengers ending phase 2.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - ????
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #962
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,672
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Looks like I was right after all, guys. Straight from Kevin Feige's mouth, Ant-Man will be part of Marvel's Phase 3, not Phase 2. The Avengers 2 will be Marvel's last Phase 2 film, just like The Avengers was their last Phase 1 film.


Source: MTV.com
Well, that sucks.
Means we won't see Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision or Jocasta until at least 2015-2016, well after Avengers 2. And it looks like Avengers 2 won't expand the roster much at all, except for maybe Falcon and possibly War Machine ("Avengers Phase II Expansion: Affirmative Action")

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #963
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,016
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

I still think Ant-Man will have an epilogue feel to it rather than a new start. He's no iron man.

Couple that with the fact its the same year as avenger 2.... I just think we still may see hank and Jan in avengers and then get there story in Ant-Man a couple months later


Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 01-25-2013 at 11:22 PM.
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #964
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,845
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, that sucks.
Means we won't see Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision or Jocasta until at least 2015-2016, well after Avengers 2. And it looks like Avengers 2 won't expand the roster much at all, except for maybe Falcon and possibly War Machine ("Avengers Phase II Expansion: Affirmative Action")
Maybe we'll see Hank in TA2 if Wright can get someone for the part. At the very least, I expect a mention of him and/or Janet. Just imagine how amazing phase 3 will be with Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange,though. Can't wait to hear what other movies they have planned.. Hopefully there's an Iron Fist and/or a Heroes for Hire movie there too.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #965
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, that sucks.
Means we won't see Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision or Jocasta until at least 2015-2016, well after Avengers 2. And it looks like Avengers 2 won't expand the roster much at all, except for maybe Falcon and possibly War Machine ("Avengers Phase II Expansion: Affirmative Action")
It goes along with what Whedon said about "not going bigger, but deeper". I like that they're going to zero in on the assembled team more before expanding the roster. I could definitely see them doing a World War Hulk kind of thing where Thanos or someone else exceeds in manipulating Banner this time which results in the Avengers having to shoot him into space or something. That would be a knife digging in and Empire Striking Back kind of twist for the second film and set up a Hulk sequel for phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Maybe we'll see Hank in TA2 if Wright can get someone for the part. At the very least, I expect a mention of him and/or Janet. Just imagine how amazing phase 3 will be with Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange,though. Can't wait to hear what other movies they have planned.. Hopefully there's an Iron Fist and/or a Heroes for Hire movie there too.
Black Panther is more of a long shot for phase 3 than Strange was, especially with them already having two new characters getting movies in the phase. Hopefully it happens though.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #966
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,016
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

I think after ant-man and Dr. Strange are released... The next new solo films stand a great chance of being....

-black panther
-heroes for hire (im pretty confident they won't do cage/iron fist solos first)
-ms. Marvel
-namor
-inhumans (who may actually just show up in a gotg sequel)

They've all been talked about for a long while and all are probably the next logical choices be it phase 3, 4, or 5

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #967
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,845
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It goes along with what Whedon said about "not going bigger, but deeper". I like that they're going to zero in on the assembled team more before expanding the roster. I could definitely see them doing a World War Hulk kind of thing where Thanos or someone else exceeds in manipulating Banner this time which results in the Avengers having to shoot him into space or something. That would be a knife digging in and Empire Striking Back kind of twist for the second film and set up a Hulk sequel for phase 3.


Black Panther is more of a long shot for phase 3 than Strange was, especially with them already having two new characters getting movies in the phase. Hopefully it happens though.
Black Panther will be happening in Phase 3. He's a must at that point. Marvel knows that, and they already have plans for him. According to Feige, Phase 3 will be less about the already established heroes in the Avengers and more about new heroes. I think you're going to be surprised.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #968
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,845
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

2016 needs two movies. That has a strong chance of being Dr. Strange and Black Panther. Then again, Marvel normally releases one (relatively)grounded movie and one epic one a year. This year it's IM3(g) and Thor 2(e), next year it's Cap2(g) and GOTG(e). Panther's world might be too epic, so Heroes for Hire(g) might release with Dr. Strange(e).

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 01-26-2013 at 02:34 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #969
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

We need a female solo movie. It's becoming discriminating.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #970
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,016
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Black Panther will be happening in Phase 3. He's a must at that point. Marvel knows that, and they already have plans for him. According to Feige, Phase 3 will be less about the already established heroes in the Avengers and more about new heroes. I think you're going to be surprised.
yes, but they will surely also have possible sequels Thor 3, Cap 3, Gotg 2, Hulk 2, Iron Man 4, could all still be included in Phase 3....

you can't have EVERYTHING be new

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #971
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I think after ant-man and Dr. Strange are released... The next new solo films stand a great chance of being....

-black panther
-heroes for hire (im pretty confident they won't do cage/iron fist solos first)
-ms. Marvel
-namor
-inhumans (who may actually just show up in a gotg sequel)

They've all been talked about for a long while and all are probably the next logical choices be it phase 3, 4, or 5
Does Marvel have Namor and the Inhumans? I remember reading Fox may have those. Although I do recall Feige talking about the Inhumans at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Black Panther will be happening in Phase 3. He's a must at that point. Marvel knows that, and they already have plans for him. According to Feige, Phase 3 will be less about the already established heroes in the Avengers and more about new heroes. I think you're going to be surprised.
Well I hope you're right, although I don't think he's really necessary so much as it would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
2016 needs two movies. That has a strong chance of being Dr. Strange and Black Panther. Then again, Marvel normally releases one (relatively)grounded movie and one epic one a year. This year it's IM3(g) and Thor 2(e), next year it's Cap2(g) and GOTG(e). Panther's world might be too epic, so Heroes for Hire(g) might release with Dr. Strange(e).
I figured Hulk 2 for the second 2016 film along with Strange.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #972
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,016
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
We need a female solo movie. It's becoming discriminating.
well without Marvel having Fan 4 and x-men most there leading ladies are non-existent unfortunately.

They've got...

- Ms Marvel (who stands the greatest chance),
-She-Hulk,
-Elektra (who probably wont get another film any time soon)

- Wasp (who wont ever get a solo),
-Sif (see wasp),
-Valkyrie (see Sif),
-Tigra (see Val)... (see a pattern)

unfortunately most of marvel's epic females are X-men, and Sue Storm.

Black Widow may some day get a solo... who is probably tied with Ms Marvel on that.

also... they've expressed interest in the Inhumans, in which... Medusa has a massive role and would need to be the lead Actress... her and Black Bolt (who doesn't talk) are the leaders after all

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #973
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,016
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Does Marvel have Namor and the Inhumans? I remember reading Fox may have those. Although I do recall Feige talking about the Inhumans at least.


Well I hope you're right, although I don't think he's really necessary so much as it would be nice.


I figured Hulk 2 for the second 2016 film along with Strange.
they have both Namor and The Inhumans... Feige has actually talked about both (though it's been a while since Namor has come up again, though there was the Atlantis Easter egg in IM2

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #974
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Ms.Marvel/Captain Marvel would be my favourite.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #975
Orphix
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 111
Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

For those wishing for a Black Panther movie I think it is worth checking out this editorial

It's over on CBM

It's not mine and you may not agree with all of it but I certainly think it is food for thought.


Last edited by Orphix; 01-26-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Orphix is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.