The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #301
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Yeah The Last Stand made everyone absolutely awful.

I keep getting more and more discouraged over this movie. If we don't get more casting news soon, it's going to squander the good will First Class made. Apparently none of the cast really knows what's going on, and haven't been contacted. To not have Rose Byrne or January Jones contacted yet isn't a good sign, Famke is waiting but no word, and Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen don't know what's going on. Oh but rest assured, the most over exposed actor of the franchise has been consulted...

This movie is basically going to be another young Magneto story isn't it?

Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #302
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Apparently people here don't understand what secretcy Is.

Talking to actors about upcoming projects can be waste of time especilly If they have been told to say nothing.

It will be up to Bryan Singer and Fox to announce which actors are coming back when they want to release It.Chris Nolan and J.J. Abrams are also very secretive with their projects.

It may be march till they release most of names.

Ignore actor Interviews.When Bryan SInger promates Jack the Giant Killer that Is when likely tibets about film will come out.

People are rushing on the January Jones commet like they rushed on Hollywood reporter story.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #303
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Don't care if Jones returns or not. She was bland as hell in First Class, but then again the script was awful in many places.

Hope we see Byrne return though. I love that woman.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #304
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
She's just not a very good actress. I thought that flat delivery of hers on Mad Men was just part of her character, but then I saw how she acted basically the same way in everything else she does. She had the same problems in XFC that she does in nearly every role she plays.
Yeah. I think she can be good in a very specific role, like her character on Mad Men. But outside of those roles, that flat delivery of hers is a problem; yes Emma is a 60s ice queen much like Betty Draper but her character needed much more oomph.

Personally it wouldn't bother me that much if Emma is not in the sequel. If I remember right, she never actually said yes to Erik's offer to join them at the end of FC.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #305
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Her lines didn't have much oomph to them though. There were only a few that had any hints of real personality. Maybe a better script and a different director can help her.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #306
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Don't care if Jones returns or not. She was bland as hell in First Class, but then again the script was awful in many places.

Hope we see Byrne return though. I love that woman.
Personally, I want them both out. Although Byrne is a way better actress, I still found her incredibly annoying in FC.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #307
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
I'm sorry, but that's just making excuses for her. Frost was on screen enough and had enough lines where any actress who wanted to could have injected enough life/sass/*****iness to emulate Frost from the comics enough where it would have at least been satisfying to have at least seen her on screen. Jones did none of that. Instead she came off bored and aloof, like she didn't even want to be there. It's not the amount of lines that a character has, it's how you deliver them that counts.
jen didn't come across any better and we know she is better than she showed in FC

Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #308
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah exactly. I felt like she wasn't too interested in her role either. Mutant and proud...once more with feeling? Nah it's a take let's wrap.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #309
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
jen didn't come across any better and we know she is better than she showed in FC
I haven't heard many people say this but I agree. I didn't think she was great here, nowhere near as good as she can be.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #310
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I thought Jennifer was very good. Maybe not as great as she can be, but definitely miles and miles above Jones. Considering also that in many scenes she had to emote through heavy make-up, which can't be easy.

And to be honest I think that about any actor who appeared in these movies had roles in other movies that allowed them far greater opportunities and range as far as acting goes.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #311
def28
Side-Kick

With better writing for Raven, Jennifer Lawerence could be awesome. They need to let her embrace some of those darker tendencies.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #312
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Yep. Though, part of that is also the terrible script. When characters aren't being cured or killed offscreen, they're usually saying something stupid or cliche. Even McKellen and Stewart aren't safe from the terrible, clunky dialogue.

"Einstein wasn't a mutant... at least so far as we know."
"That's why the pawns go first."
"What have I done?"

Cheesey, this is why I'm not confident with Simon Kinberg writing the script for DOFP. Okay they were forced by FOX to do the cure thing, but these dialogues came from them which made the film worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Would you want to keep an actor who was absolutely terrible in one of the main roles (eg Charles, Wolverine or Cyclops) for 3 or 4 films for the sake of continuity?
No, but January Jones isn't as horrible as people are saying here. To be fair, they didn't give her enough material to work with.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #313
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I thought Jennifer was very good. Maybe not as great as she can be, but definitely miles and miles above Jones. Considering also that in many scenes she had to emote through heavy make-up, which can't be easy.
Rebecca was in the Mystique make-up the entirety of X-men and with but one line she made a very memorable character. So I don't think the make-up should be blamed for how bland Jennifer's Mystique came off.

It's how they wrote the character that made her meh. Watching the movie and thinking of her character as a separate entity from the Mystique of the trilogy, her acting and character worked, especially her scenes with McAvoy. Watching the movie and knowing that she's supposed to be Mystique, the whole ordeal just felt contrived. I really hated how they forced Mystique as part of the Xavier/Magneto dynamic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
No, really, they aren't--not for those two. Stewart's line is beyond corny, and McKellen's is made worse by the fact they have him repeat in a matter of minutes.
Is it wrong that I don't remember that Einstein line at all?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #314
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I really think the beast relationship was stupid.Mystique should have been smitten with Magneto from the start.

With X-men they liked what Rebecca Romijn did so they beefed her up with the hint of relationship with Magnto and her duel with Wolverine.And they gave her more to do In X2.

mark Millar says Matthew Vaughn worte script with Simon Kinberg.Kinberg was key to First Class.reports said he did last round of rewrite to do film on budget Including replacing the telepathic duel.

Tom Rothman Is gone.Bryan Singer Is In charge.We aren't In 2005 anymore.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #315
Glutton
Side-Kick

Ian McKellen confirms April filming for ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past':http://x-menfilms.com/2013/01/24/ian...f-future-past/

But I guess we already knew that

Old 01-26-2013, 03:30 AM   #316
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
With better writing for Raven, Jennifer Lawerence could be awesome. They need to let her embrace some of those darker tendencies.
That would be effective to show her development into a villain.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #317
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Rebecca was in the Mystique make-up the entirety of X-men and with but one line she made a very memorable character.
Memorable eye candy, maybe, and heaps of fun to watch, but to me as a character the original Mystique is something of a non-entity. Even when they try to give her a bit more substance in the later films it didn't really feel convincing to me. I just prefer to think of her as a completely different character to the FC Mystique.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 01-26-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #318
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Memorable eye candy, maybe, and heaps of fun to watch, but to me as a character the original Mystique is something of a non-entity. Even when they try to give her a bit more substance in the later films it didn't really feel convincing to me. I just prefer to think of her as a completely different character to the FC Mystique.
Rebecca looks far better in the Mystique makeup than Jennifer though. She has a better face for it and a more statuesque body. Jennifer is beautiful, but somehow when she's made up like that, her face just looks weird and not seductive. I think it's her bone structure and facial features.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #319
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Anyone think about the score for this? I'm hoping the future scenes sounds more... X1 esq. The techno bass line...etc. Would be nice to actually have one single piece of music from either First Class, X1 or X2 return. If Jean returns...I'd want the Phoenix theme from X2 to...resurrect.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #320
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Rebecca looks far better in the Mystique makeup than Jennifer though. She has a better face for it and a more statuesque body. Jennifer is beautiful, but somehow when she's made up like that, her face just looks weird and not seductive. I think it's her bone structure and facial features.
its definetly because of that.

Rebecca was in fact a model. The issue with Jen is the eyes zone, thats why with make-up, she doesnt look as menacing and sexy. But I think the makeup team should work with other elements with Jen, specially the hair. I think they should give Raven a more natural looking hair, with more volumen, so she would look like the Raven of the comics, having the hair like any other female character on the comics and movies, more natural and that could move on action and during the whole movie.

Im sure that would make Jen's Mystique much sexier.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #321
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had discussed the inconsistency about Cerebro. It's made clear in X1 and X2 that Xavier and Magneto designed it, but in XMFC it's revealed that Hank was the creator. Am I missing something? Does it even matter? Magneto certainly seems to know all about it in X1 and X2. It's actually a major plot point in both films. I guess they'll just ignore it and move on, but it annoys me a little, though I love XMFC.

As far as January Jones as Emma: I never really read any of the X-comics with Emma in them, but isn't she supposed to be an ultra-cold, frosty (pun intended) character? Could that be what they were going for with her acting? Just wondering. I vote to bring her back, but it won't kill me if they choose not to

Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #322
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
No, but January Jones isn't as horrible as people are saying here. To be fair, they didn't give her enough material to work with.
Yeah I think she was passable. Can still enjoy her in the role although others might have been quite a bit better.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #323
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
100% agree rebecca had angular sharp features while jen is more rounded in her features

jen has a more thinner face now than during FC

Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #324
Great Mind(s)
Broken

IF Mystique turns back to "normal" mode for a bit in this film, I wouldn't mind seeing her with dark hair instead of blonde this time.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #325
Angamb
Banned User

someone said on another site that she could have done some surgery on her face... and now that I look at those two pics, I find it possible

Closed Thread