Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Maybe just cocaine...

Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #327
Snikt
Side-Kick

To me, it just looks like she's lost weight...despite being very sexy and not needing to lose any.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #328
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
I'm sorry, but that's just making excuses for her. Frost was on screen enough and had enough lines where any actress who wanted to could have injected enough life/sass/*****iness to emulate Frost from the comics enough where it would have at least been satisfying to have at least seen her on screen. Jones did none of that. Instead she came off bored and aloof, like she didn't even want to be there. It's not the amount of lines that a character has, it's how you deliver them that counts.
I have to agree with this.

From the moment that Alice Eve went from being the front runner (which would've been inspired casting for Emma Frost on the same levels of Patrick Stewart/Xavier), I knew this character was going to be poorly developed. And that's because I am a huge fan of Mad Men and I know January Jones' acting levels from all those seasons. She's good there. But she was terrible here. Just because she's blonde and a popular actress doesn't automatically mean she's a lock for the character (see Halle Berry/Storm).

Emma Frost is a cunning, sassy witch with a heart. You love to hate her in the comics. I just hated her in First Class.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #329
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I keep getting more and more discouraged over this movie. If we don't get more casting news soon, it's going to squander the good will First Class made. Apparently none of the cast really knows what's going on, and haven't been contacted. To not have Rose Byrne or January Jones contacted yet isn't a good sign, Famke is waiting but no word, and Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen don't know what's going on. Oh but rest assured, the most over exposed actor of the franchise has been consulted...

"You're not seeing the big picture, here!"

Quick way to curb actors from fibbing about a secretive role in a franchise production: Don't tell them very much.

Also, script's being completely rewritten by Singer/Kinberg (not so odd these days, but in this particular case, very interesting).

I said a while ago that it was very likely Rose Byrne (love her) and Jones will not be a part of this film, whether because Singer wants to work with different actors, or that their characters are not part of a story he wants to tell. [Don't be surprised if sometime in the future you see Alice Eve return to the role she was briefly attached to before Jones was hired]

I assure you that Sirs Stewart and McKellen know quite well what is going on, they just ...aren't talking about it. It's quite a while until Summer 2014, they want to preserve something...

Singer is back at the helm, Rothman is not, and Singer is presumably making his own choices (although I do have a sneaking suspicion that the basic plot/timing for this film was determined Fox...).

First Class didn't earn that much "good will." And Jackman's Wolverine remains a strong drawing point for the franchise, like it or not; it would be pretty blockheaded not to integrate him into this kind of story melding past and present time periods and characters.

This is indeed a different ball game. You should recognize that by now.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 01-26-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #330
Angamb
Banned User

I get some points... but even if Singer is back on his franchise, this doesnt give him the right to drop half the cast of First Class.

Thats not right. however anyone wanna see it.

First Class gave new life to the franchise. It gave us a group of new characters, familiar characters to the fans and new characters to the general audience, but still all are part of X-men comics history of 50 years.

Each character from First Class has its fans, so to drop 4 or 5 characters on the sequel is disrespectful to the fans and general audience who went to watch the prequel and loved it.

I want to have faith on Singer and Kimberg, so I'll wait a few months to see what happens with all this mistery, but if 4 or 5 characters from FC arent returning, Im gonna be really dissapointed with Singer, and probably more than Ive ever being with any director.

I hope this doesnt happen. fingers crossed

Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #331
JP
Flame On

ICEMAN ROGUE AND SHADOWCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...65552375631872

Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #332
def28
Side-Kick

Very stoked about Kitty! and...no more X3 is not canon arguments haha.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #333
Figs
Side-Kick

Great news!! Still crossing my fingers for Colossus.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #334
Snikt
Side-Kick

I think it's hilarious that he thanked Brett Ratner . Now I'm even more stoked!!!

Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Old/Young Prof. X, Old/Young Magneto, Young Beast and Young Mystique!!!1

How can you not be stoked for this

Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #335
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
ICEMAN ROGUE AND SHADOWCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...65552375631872
Good Lord... this film is going to be a mess.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #336
Pepsiguy2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
I had not realized that you have seen the film and know what happens in it and who gets place where, and how. Cool. I'm jealous. When's your review coming?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #337
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I guess the hell not!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #338
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Im very happy about that.

Most people just complained about the deaths in that movie anyways.
Deaths of characters which 2/3 can and already have beeb brought back. Xavier came back in the after credits of X3.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #339
Snikt
Side-Kick

I still say Cyclops wasn't killed . We never actually SEE him die. He probably got thrown about 500 feet into the forest somewhere

Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #340
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Emma Frost is a cunning, sassy witch with a heart. You love to hate her in the comics. I just hated her in First Class.
And was the character written that way in First Class? I didn't think so. Why does the blame all fall on Jones? IMO they didn't give her much to work with as far as dialogue and character interaction go.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #341
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
A little early for that reaction. At least we kind of have confirmation that they won't be forcing any dead characters on us. That would have been a big time mess IMO.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #342
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

overall i trust singer to do the characters justice, i just think its a shame he is continueing rather then attempting to repair the damage

Old 01-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #343
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I think it's hilarious that he thanked Brett Ratner . Now I'm even more stoked!!!

Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Old/Young Prof. X, Old/Young Magneto, Young Beast and Young Mystique!!!1

How can you not be stoked for this
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is gonna be an AMAZING movie.

more mature versions of Kitty, Rogue and Iceman and fighting with Sentinels???

This must be a dream

Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #344
The Guard
Side-Kick

You know what's really exciting?

This means DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will, in all liklihood, continue the love triangle everyone liked so much in X3.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #345
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
You know what's really exciting?

This means DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will, in all liklihood, continue the love triangle everyone liked so much in X3.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #346
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I get some points... but even if Singer is back on his franchise, this doesnt give him the right to drop half the cast of First Class.

First Class gave new life to the franchise. It gave us a group of new characters, familiar characters to the fans and new characters to the general audience, but still all are part of X-men comics history of 50 years.

Each character from First Class has its fans, so to drop 4 or 5 characters on the sequel is disrespectful to the fans and general audience who went to watch the prequel and loved it.
Understood...but honestly? Singer has as much "right" as the studio wants to give him in terms of recapitulating characters and the franchise in general. And they (and Shuler-Donner, who can't be forgotten here) seem to want to give him a lot.

First Class was simply not the financial or critical success it needed to be to justify a straight sequel.

...And I think for various reasons, FOX is interested in keeping this franchise alive through revisiting some of its most successful moments.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #347
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

It's exciting to hear about the old cast members coming back. This cast is shaping up and I'm getting really excited.. Let's just hope Fox doesn't drop the ball in the end.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #348
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Understood...but honestly? Singer has as much "right" as the studio wants to give him in terms of recapitulating characters and the franchise in general. And they (and Shuler-Donner, who can't be forgotten here) seem to want to give him a lot.

First Class was simply not the financial or critical success it needed to be to justify a straight sequel.

...And I think for various reasons, FOX is interested in keeping this franchise alive through revisiting some of its most successful moments.

I completely agree I think this was the best compromise they came up with. This way we get the First Class cast which breathe life to the xmen world as well as the blockbuster original trilogy cast which are basically money making machines when it comes to X-Men.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #349
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

At end of last stand you had Rogue and Iceman together so the so called love trinagle may be thing of past.

The wolverine Interviews from Hugh jackman and james Mangold pretty much solved the
Last Stand Is cannon although with first Class they took a lot of liberties with It.

If I was betting man I would say we don't get much direct references to Last Stand.

It Is going to be Intresting to see how Kitty and Rogue's screen time Is split.Maybe Kitty Is one who works with wolverine and Rogue Is prisoner with Iceman of sentinles

Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #350
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Rebecca looks far better in the Mystique makeup than Jennifer though. She has a better face for it and a more statuesque body. Jennifer is beautiful, but somehow when she's made up like that, her face just looks weird and not seductive. I think it's her bone structure and facial features.
She wasn't suppose to be seductive in that movie. She was just suppose to be an awkward teen.

Closed Thread