Side-Kick

Default Re: Green Lantern 2

it needs to be like wrath of khan

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #552
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Rewatched the second half on HBO today. This movie gets a terrible wrap, but I don't mind it. It's lighthearted and some parts don't gel, but a new director and a more focused, tighter script with a better villain (Sinestro) and a sequel will be golden.

Having Reynolds for GL2 and JL would be beneficial for WB and that's even taking into account the reception for GL

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #553
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
Rewatched the second half on HBO today. This movie gets a terrible wrap, but I don't mind it. It's lighthearted and some parts don't gel, but a new director and a more focused, tighter script with a better villain (Sinestro) and a sequel will be golden.

Having Reynolds for GL2 and JL would be beneficial for WB and that's even taking into account the reception for GL
if only WBs were willing to take the risk

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #554
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #555
Zionite1
Side-Kick

The smart decison would be not to make a sequel to a box office bomb and not cast the same actor in the reboot so as not to get it mistaken for said sequel.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #556
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
The smart decison would be not to make a sequel to a box office bomb and not cast the same actor in the reboot so as not to get it mistaken for said sequel.
This John Stewart or recast

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #557
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

people are too attached to the idea of continuity.

While Reynolds was fine, and fitting imo, of course there are other great actors that can play the role as well, actors that'll help distance the franchise from that first film.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #558
Powerman34
Side-Kick

I really liked GL, I know full well of its shortcomings, but as someone posted earlier, if this movie came out 10 years ago then it would have had a trilogy by now! I thought that RR was perfectly cast for GL and the FX were not bad IMHO, and Martin Campbell is a great director. I just wished that they would have shown the producers and director Justice League New Frontier, GL: First Flight as well as took a more Nolan approach and read the first comic book appearance of GL back in the 60s like Nolan did with Batman (and now with Man of Steel)! To me this would have given Campbell a good idea of who Hal Jordan was, a truly fearless pilot (with some small issues) as opposed to a fearful a**hole who treats everyone like dirt.
They should have also kept the first movie on earth, have him meet this mysterious extraterristrial and been given the power ring and a limit amount of instruction on how to use it. They could have made an incredible by the numbers action adventure hero movie. He gets the ring, fools around with it, beta tests it (i.e. starts to look for trouble-car jackings, fouling bank robberies, etc. All the while Hector could have been a solo villian causing ALOT of trouble and he has to defeat him. And then at the very end of the movie, Sinestro, Kilowogg, and Tomar Re arrive on earth (ala GL:FF) and tell him that he is being called for "training". Then the second movie would literally be like Training Day meets Star Wars! Hal has completed boot camp and is partnered with Sinestro. While he learns some new and cool methods of patrolling his sector from Sinestro, he also begins to see how his methods are in conflict with his and by the end of the second movie we then go into the Sinestro Corp war...Then by the third movie we have full at space battles and maybe by the end Sinestro could be redeemed or imprisoned.

Powerman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #559
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman34 View Post
I really liked GL, I know full well of its shortcomings, but as someone posted earlier, if this movie came out 10 years ago then it would have had a trilogy by now! I thought that RR was perfectly cast for GL and the FX were not bad IMHO, and Martin Campbell is a great director. I just wished that they would have shown the producers and director Justice League New Frontier, GL: First Flight as well as took a more Nolan approach and read the first comic book appearance of GL back in the 60s like Nolan did with Batman (and now with Man of Steel)! To me this would have given Campbell a good idea of who Hal Jordan was, a truly fearless pilot (with some small issues) as opposed to a fearful a**hole who treats everyone like dirt.
They should have also kept the first movie on earth, have him meet this mysterious extraterristrial and been given the power ring and a limit amount of instruction on how to use it. They could have made an incredible by the numbers action adventure hero movie. He gets the ring, fools around with it, beta tests it (i.e. starts to look for trouble-car jackings, fouling bank robberies, etc. All the while Hector could have been a solo villian causing ALOT of trouble and he has to defeat him. And then at the very end of the movie, Sinestro, Kilowogg, and Tomar Re arrive on earth (ala GL:FF) and tell him that he is being called for "training". Then the second movie would literally be like Training Day meets Star Wars! Hal has completed boot camp and is partnered with Sinestro. While he learns some new and cool methods of patrolling his sector from Sinestro, he also begins to see how his methods are in conflict with his and by the end of the second movie we then go into the Sinestro Corp war...Then by the third movie we have full at space battles and maybe by the end Sinestro could be redeemed or imprisoned.
That was me who posted the 10 years ago comment

I liked the film a lot it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. When people say its as bad it worse than Batman & Robin they need their head testing it's nowhere near that level of bad.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #560
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

OK, I didn't hate the GL movie but it did have some major flaws. Mostly at the script level. But just like the original Hulk by Ang Lee (spelling?) and the second Hulk film (which seemed fine to me) the movies can just keep going with minor corrections and additions and fixes and tweaks and edits along the way. In the movie, if Sinestro is still a Green Lantern who is corrupt and doesn't become a yellow lantern till the end of the film then we will see that those things were changed from the first film.
just like how the Incredible Hulk didn't have to redo the origin story but established that Banner wasn't turned into the Hulk by his father, but rather an experiment for Thunderbolt Ross (connected to the super soldier program) gone wrong.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #561
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I liked GL a lot and I want nothing more than to see it get a sequel but the fact is it won't. Unfortunately it was that much of a bomb that WBs won't dare risk doing a sequel. Like I said the only hope we can have is if GL (if it is Hal) stands out like Hulk did in Avengers for us to even see a GL reboot.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #562
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Reynolds was great as Hal. But if we have to recast the role of Hal jordan , how about Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal Jordan?

Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #563
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

if they have to recast, Chris Pine would be my choice as Hal

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #564
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Chris Pine turned it down the first tine so I think he's out.

If Ryan isn't coming back then I want Jensen Ackles.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #565
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Chris Pine turned it down the first tine so I think he's out.

If Ryan isn't coming back then I want Jensen Ackles.

Jensen would make a good Hal imo.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #566
Airwings
Waves of air

What about David Gallagher as Green Lantern?

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #567
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Jensen would make a good Hal imo.
Definitely he has a great range that would be good for Hal

Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #568
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Why not have both Hal Jordan and John Stewart both ?

Ryan Reynolds can return as Hal Jordan in Green Lantern 2 and at the same time we can show origins of John Stewart in the first half of the movie, later, in the second half both could be assigned different tasks as Green Lanterns.

Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #569
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely he has a great range that would be good for Hal
he sure does the dude is like james dean reincarnate he plays that han solo rogue like character to a tee

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #570
darknight7.1
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree. If they didn't recast, it would mean greater momentum for a JL film!

darknight7.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #571
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
he sure does the dude is like james dean reincarnate he plays that han solo rogue like character to a tee
Definitely

If they are to reboot Hal can still the main star but have it also be more about the GL corps. Infact they could call it Green Lantern Corps, maybe John Stewart could also be in it been trained by Hal.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #572
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

idea #1.

After the events of the JL movie, have the premise of the movie be about how the Guardians notice that Hal isn't able to be everywhere at once. During the events of JL, there was another conflict going on elsewhere, and Hal wasn't unable to save the planet. His sector is too big, or at least they're not doing a good enough job of protecting it. The Guardians assign another lantern from Earth (either John Stewart or Guy Gardner) to be Hal's partner in protecting the sector.

Enter awesome buddy-cop movie, where the two have to learn to get along. Since Gardner/Stewart just arrived, Hal can be the one explaining everything to him (and thus the audience), just as Toma Rae did with Jordan.

The main theme of the movie can be regarding 'pasts'. Perhaps Hal has made some mistakes as a GL. Have this juxtaposed with Hal being hard on Stewart/Gardner for making mistakes in the present, to which Stewart/Gardner doesn't appreciate, given the seemingly hypocritical circumstances.

Perhaps the biggest mistake/choice Hal made was an act that led to the destruction of Korugar (perhaps in the beginning of the movie), earning him the wrath of Sinestro. Throughout the movie, Hal and his partner can be travelling through the galaxy, going to different worlds, picking up clues, interrogating people, etc, regarding the existence of this yellow lantern army, who their leader is, and the leader's goal is. It's revealed that it's Sinestro, who plans to take out Earth with an army of Yellow lanterns he's managed to recruit as punishment/revenge against Hal and his "lesser" race of humans (those responsible for the destruction of his homeworld).

They can return to Earth briefly to deal with Stewart/Gardner's past. Perhaps after they've been separated due to arguing or whatever, Hal tries to find Stewart/Gardner by going to his home on Earth, where he gets to eavesdrop on and/or talk with Stewart's/Gardner's family, etc, revealing that there's more to the character, both good and bad.

Hal, and an army of other GL's that John/Guy was able to convince to come to Earth with him in the nic of time, defend the Earth, and we get an epic space battle (with Earth in the background) between the green and yellow lanterns.

Hal and Sinestro have a long duel, and Hal ultimately sacrifices himself to drag Sinestro into the Yellow Lantern Battery or something to blow it up/deactivate the Sinestro Corps.

Hal's ring flies off at the end for the recruitment process for the next movie

(If Guy was the partner in this movie, then have it revealed in the next Justice League movie that Hal's ring found John Stewart, who's already years into his GL career when the next JL movie starts)

(If Stewart was the partner this movie, then have it revealed in the next GL movie that Hal's ring went to Gardner. No need to see his story in the next GL movie. He can just be the funny cameo. Stewart can still be in the next JL movie.)

idea #2

Have have Hal die at the end of the Justice League movie (perhaps while saving MManhunter, who's planet he wasn't there to save, thus redeeming himself somewhat) and have the ring fly off for the recruitment process creating some curiosity/intrigue in the minds of the audience regarding who'll become the next Lantern when they leave the theatre.

The GL movie should start with the ring flying through the country/city for the recruitment process. At the same time show a man in his apartment, 'architecting' or whatever. The ring flies in and illuminates the room in blinding light and we can hear the ring 'speak' ("John Stewart,....you have been chosen..." yada yada), until the light gets so bright and the Green Lantern Titles fade in. Then, 3 years later, or whatever, and he's in the middle of a battle with the corps by his side.

Then basically insert the story up there, but with John instead of Hal, while Guy is his new partner, and John doesn't die at the end.

We get to know John through Guy's prying questions, and perhaps when they come back to Earth briefly.

For the next Justice League movie, Gardner is busy elsewhere, while John joins the league to replace Hal.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-11-2013 at 02:10 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #573
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Nah, just make a solid sequel.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #574
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Jensen Ackles would have to be Guy Gardner

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #575
Krazedstang
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Nah, just make a solid sequel.
Agreed^

I liked both GL and RR as Hal. I really think all they need is a solid story and some more action scenes then voila! $$$$$$.

Krazedstang is offline   Reply With Quote