The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Trek > Star Trek World

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Default The Official Q/ John de Lancie Thread

Fianlly I can make this!

Now here me out a second. I'm not a big Trek fan. However, I've come to know John de Lancie's work based on this:

Yes, that is indeed an image from My Little Pony: friendship is MAgic. However, after really enjoying his chraacter and him giving general itnerest in the fandom, I've watched several Next Gen episodes featuring Q, and man is he awesome. Also, finding some of his other roles surprised me, including Agent Darkbootie in Invader Zim.

So, with introductions out of the way, lets appreciate the character Q, and the great actor that is John de Lancie.

Last edited by TheDreamMaster; 01-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.
TheDreamMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Official Q/ John de Lancie Thread

I'm currently watching the STARGATE SG-1 series....De Lancie has turned up in it as a re-occuring sinister guy. This character isn't as playful as Q was...more mean and evil spirited. He's a good actor that is underused.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Q was the best recurring character that TNG ever had. Brilliantly played by John DeLancie.

I always wished that there were more episodes he had guest starred in.

My favourite episode where he appeared? That's easy, it has to be "All Good Things..."

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

I'd love to see Q show up in the Abramsverse. De Lancie's notable ageing wouldn't be good for the character, as great of an actor he is, but Joseph Gordon Levitt would make a awesome Q.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I'd love to see Q show up in the Abramsverse. De Lancie's notable ageing wouldn't be good for the character, as great of an actor he is, but Joseph Gordon Levitt would make a awesome Q.
That would be quite cool, and since this is Abramsverse, Q actually wouldn't have to be restricted to the later TNG era. I loved how Q trolled Picard and the crew in TNG, and I really wish to see De Lancie in more TV-productions and movies.

I have a Star Trek DVD-box that is a Borg Special (yes, all the chronological episodes from all the shows that featured the Borg, including the first episodes of Seven Of Nine becoming member of Voyager. The first episode on disc one is the single Enterprise episode featuring Borg), and I hadn't watched TNG in a while when I put it on the first time.

The first TNG episode there is pretty awesome, in which Q by suddenly sending their ship to a totally different part of the Universe showed Picard's crew the Borg, and what a huge threat they could be.

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

Last edited by 3rdstone; 01-26-2013 at 09:29 PM.
3rdstone is offline   Reply With Quote