Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #451
Megaton Sun
Old Noob

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
How does all of this allow for a supposedly shared universe with Fantastic Four under Josh Trank?
well the new FF doesnt take place until after the future is saved.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #452
J.Howlett

Who wants to bet that the film begins in the present timeline with a massive scene that sets up the plot and then we flash back to the past of First Class and then anything goes from that point....

Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #453
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Hey guys. If there is one positive, it's that it seems like X-Men Origins: Wolverine is being swept under the rug. Nobody has been talking about that film.

It never really felt like a sequel/prequel to the main series anyways.

It fit timeline wise and establishing that the original Alkali Lake base was above ground but other than that, it didn't like it was apart of the same continuity.

But yeah, I agree. And with The Wolverine being a sequel to the original trilogy and having flashbacks/scenes taking place in WWII sans Sabretooth, I'd think its a safe bet its ignoring XM Origins considering that established Sabretooth and Logan were together throughout of all of that.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #454
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Yeah, but what happens to the original timeline that encapsulates X1-X3? As far as I can see, either it stops existing altogether, or it just goes on unchanged while an alternate timeline is created. Either way, it gets a rough deal.
It stops existing.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #455
Megaton Sun
Old Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Who wants to bet that the film begins in the present timeline with a massive scene that sets up the plot and then we flash back to the past of First Class and then anything goes from that point....
thats the only way it can happen.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #456
JackMercy
Side-Kick

The appearance of the time warp/black hole/loop/leak in the negative zone [oops] causes the rocket carrying the FF to go off course, and affects their physiology in "unique" ways...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #457
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
It stops existing.
Don't worry, we'll still have our DVDs...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #458
mikeboydus
Side-Kick

I'm willing to bet it starts in the future, a dark terminatoresque future. We'll have flashbacks and narration of the war against the Sentinels or Apocalypse or even Professor X/Onslaught..something.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #459
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

so basicly we would be getting new adventures from a new timeline? what about the wolverine solo films? will they be set in the original timeline still? would FOX or anyone say ok lets not continue the timeline set for the wolverine aka the iron man of the x-men franchise apparently

wats stopping fox from just using kitty,rogue,iceman,wolverine,storm ect ect for an X4? not that i would like that to happen but sadly there is no reason why not

Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #460
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
I fully expect this.

IMO, it wouldn't make sense for the to start in the past with the FC time period.

Maybe they'll start in the Apocalyptic Future and the beginning of Sentinel attack is told through the flashbacks of the X1 - X3 characters.

I personally think that there will be someone from the present x1 - x3 time period that goes back and alters something, causing the apocalyptic future (perhaps they do something leading to the creation of the sentinels). However it goes, I don't think that whatever happens in the past will directly affect the X-Men in a way that all of the events from X1 - X3 will be erased or drastically altered.

I do expect other things in their world to be slightly eskew. Though, maybe in not in the way they notice and maybe in a way that leads to future stories.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 01-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #461
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
It's obvious that some people don't understand what Abrams and Co. actually did; they didn't 'erase' anything from the previously existing Star Trek canon and continuity; what they did was create a new separate continuity.
No. I understand it. I just used a poor choice of words, when I said erased. That said, I think what you’re arguing against is exactly what is going to happen. I don’t think they care about perpetuating the existing franchise as much as you think they do. If anything, the X-Men franchise has shown an absolute willingness to ignore or change what doesn’t work and not perpetuate it. So, no, I wouldn’t be surprised if the events of Days of Future Past changes the future, including the events of X-Men Origins, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, and The Wolverine in some way, shape, or form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I fully expect this.

IMO, it wouldn't make sense for the to start in the past with the FC time period.

Maybe they'll start in the Apocolyptic Future and the beginning of it is told through the flashbacks of the X1 - X3 characters.
I would laugh it they have a dystopian scene featuring Iceman, Kitty, and Rogue that harks back to The Last Stand Danger Room exercise but makes light of it in some way. Though, that may be a bit too childish.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #462
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
so basicly we would be getting new adventures from a new timeline? what about the wolverine solo films? will they be set in the original timeline still? would FOX or anyone say ok lets not continue the timeline set for the wolverine aka the iron man of the x-men franchise apparently

What's stopping fox from just using kitty,rogue,iceman,wolverine,storm ect ect for an X4? not that i would like that to happen but sadly there is no reason why not
A) Marketing speak. And Millar. (Do you really believe a word of what this guy says?)

B) Nothing. Only salary demands and filmmakers' willingness to use the performers.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #463
mikeboydus
Side-Kick

Technically to the Trekkies Abrams didn't erase continuity but to the studio execs and general audience it was a reboot.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #464
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I don’t think they [FOX] care about perpetuating the existing franchise as much as you think they do. If anything, the X-Men franchise has shown an absolute willingness to ignore or change what doesn’t work and not perpetuate it. So, no, I wouldn’t be surprised if the events of Days of Future Past changes the future, including the events of X-Men Origins, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, and The Wolverine in some way, shape, or form.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #465
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

wats stopping fox from just using kitty,rogue,iceman,wolverine,storm ect ect for an X4? not that i would like that to happen but sadly there is no reason why not
Everything after Days of Future Past is in the new timeline, whatever the time period of the film....

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #466
BMM
Side-Kick

Here's a question: How much do you think this plan may take after Star Trek (2009)? Basically, what I'm getting at is, do you think they will continue to use the old cast, or do you think they will take this opportunity to recast and start fresh after Days of Future Past?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #467
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeboydus View Post
Technically to the Trekkies Abrams didn't erase continuity but to the studio execs and general audience it was a reboot.
Yep. The original timeline of the OST still existed, along with the movies. What happened in '09 Trek created a new continuity, thus not adhering to the original timeline...

Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #468
georgec
Not a hero

Not to sound like a broken record, but I don't think there is any solution to the continuity issue. Just have to accept that some things are going to be a bit inconsistent.

Me, I wouldn't mind if they ignored Origins: Wolverine completely. And smaller details like when Xavier became paralyzed shouldn't affect the main story too much.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #469
J.Howlett

Quote:
Here's a question: How much do you think this plan may take after Star Trek (2009)? Basically, what I'm getting at is, do you think they will continue to use the old cast, or do you think they will take this opportunity to recast and start fresh after Days of Future Past?
Depends on who lives and dies. I could see a scenario where a lot of the older veteran cast members die, but their younger counterparts lived. Also, the younger cast members of the original trilogy live, thus not needing to recast anything.

First Class cast lives. Younger cast members of original trilogy live. Older cast members from the original trilogy die...except the WOLVERINE of course.

Last edited by J.Howlett; 01-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #470
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really all depends on the reception to the film itself.

Look at what's happening with the Conan character...(Reboot = buried, Arnold = back)

Or indeed, this project itself, DOFP, is a result of what I'm talking about.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #471
mikeboydus
Side-Kick

I can't wait to see Storm recast. Zoe Saldana?

Last edited by mikeboydus; 01-26-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: S
Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #472
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

What if this film doesn't just have characters going into the past, but also the future?

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #473
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Everything after Days of Future Past is in the new timeline, whatever the time period of the film....
So I guess this was the point of DOFP to begin with, then? To set up a new franchise with McAvoy as Prof. X and Fassbender as Magneto in the 60s/70s without constraining themselves to the rules set up by the original X-Men trilogy, while not erasing the original films completely.

None of the original X-Men team members could have joined the X-Men in the first place (except for Beast), and the franchise will move on with entirely new characters.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #474
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeboydus View Post
I can't wait to see Storm recast. Zoe Saldana?
It ain't gonna happen.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #475
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
What if this film doesn't just have characters going into the past, but also the future?
Your avatar itself is an appropriate response to that question.

Closed Thread