The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: Cast The Young Avengers Movie!

Bumping this. Do you guys think it's finally time for this film?

In-universe I really see it as striking a chord. It's about hero fans wanting to be heroes. I also just think it's time and that people are ready to see new kinds of heroes. Younger than the classic heroes, varied genders, and two gay superheroes. It just seems like it could be a really important movie for those reasons and an interesting one at that due to the parallels that can be drawn. It's practically the audience.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #27
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I have had so many ideas how they can do this:

1st in the Captain Marvel film:
Carol Danvers (SWORD agent) team up with a Kree Soldier named Mar-Vell who is on the run from Yon-Rogg after Rogg tricks him into thinking the Kree are out for his blood because he fathered a child with the Skrull Princess Anelle.
So we set up that Teddy exists.

Next (or at the same time) in the Ant Man movie:
Hank Pym runs the lab funded by Mr. Van Dyne, working for Pym in the lab (directly for Pym) are Bill Foster and Scott Lang. Lang is an ex con and was given a second chance by Pym. He is also shown to have a daughter named Cassie. Later on Pym drops the Ant Man persona, joins the Avengers, and becomes Giant Man and then Yellow Jacket. While Pym is with the Avengers Lang's daughter is kidnapped forcing Lang (with Foster's help) to steal the Ant Man suit and tech and become the new Ant Man.
This sets up that Cassie Lang exists and is connected to the Ant Man legacy.

Not sure how to bring in the others like Patriot, Iron Lad, Vision (the kid version), Hawkeye.
But Bucky was experimented on with Zola's version of the Super Soldier Serum. So maybe others were as well, including Isaiah Bradley. Maybe he went on to fill the void left by Captain America's disappearance in his own way or something and passed on his super genes to his grandson Elijah who becomes the Patriot.

The movie that brings them all together could be just like the comic, Kang the Conqueror's young self brings them all together to stop Kang from destroying the past. So that brings Iron Lad into it all.

Still unsure how to bring in Speed or Wiccan. Mutants aren't part of the Marvel Avengers movie universe. And the rights to the concept may be owned by another studio, and the rights to the characters of Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and definitely Magneto aren't owned by Marvel studios.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #28
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Edit

Old 01-25-2013, 02:16 AM   #29
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yeah I can definetely see it happening. People have different attitudes to gay people now than they did even four years ago because of Modern Family and Glee.

I say give it a go, maybe in a decade or a so when the current Avengers are a bit older.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #30
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think animation would be the first step. Put them in Avengers Assemble and see the reaction. I certainly would freak out.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #31
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think the bigger obstacle is a much simpler one: most people aren't going to take a movie about teenage superhero "sidekicks" ( yes, they aren't actually. . . but given the kid hero names and identities, they will totally be perceived as such ) seriously. Runaways would be a *much* easier sell.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #32
HeroBoy
New User - Level 0

I think Drake Bell would be good as Wiccan, but if he's okay with playing a gay is the question.

HeroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 AM   #33
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBoy View Post
I think Drake Bell would be good as Wiccan, but if he's okay with playing a gay is the question.

NO.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #34
Silvermoth
Avenger

Now that teen titans has been announced I definitely think marvel should move ahead with this.

I know it's a bit tricky because of canon stuff (for example Elizabeth is too young to play Billy's mum) but that can be worked around by saying he's from the future.

It's such an easy sell and it would be amazing and inspiring and way more relevant than teen titans

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #35
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

It will also depend on whether or not Cassie Lang is in Ant-Man and how old they are portraying her. I think it might be pre-mature to do Young Avengers. I think doing someting like Runaways, Power Pack, or even New Warriors that wasn't so beholden to where the Avengers are in their lives would work better just to not have the baggage.